All Comments on 'Curing Erica's Phobia Ch. 06'

by Chimera44

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

I am so glad you didn't abandon this story. Thank you for posting another chapter! I love how she is starting to remember and is not freaking out anymore. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Tiny nit

Caveat - any work of fiction requires the reader to enter into a unique universe of the writer's making - I acknowledge this. Circumstances and behaviors of characters in this universe are often (always?) not what they would be IRL. I accept this when I enter the world the writer creates.

Even so - some things just take me out of the story so much that I need to say something. YMMV.

The agent who went to Dubai - surely such a dangerous mission would have included backup and minders and recon (oh my). Given the level of involvement of various branches of law enforcement in Seattle, I can't imagine that this world wouldn't also include support for an agent in the field. Not material to the main story - but even just a small acknowledgement of a "team" losing track of her, or also being overcome in some way would have alleviated this. If it's material to story and/or character development that the agent be killed then I would have liked to have read a sentence or two that acknowledged the existence of a backup team. It would have been my first question, were I in that room. Where the fuck was the backup team?

As I said, a tiny nit. And yet, I can't get it out of my mind.

Otherwise, good story. I'd like to get through the rest of what's already known. Not sure it's doing much for the pacing to keep the expository line going through multiple chapters. It feels a little long right now - which is, perhaps, a function of the storytelling platform. Thanks for your work. I appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice piece of writing

Very captivating story, I enjoy it a lot. Just one thing though: Katarina is not a Romanian name - try Ecaterina or Caterina. With that name, you could have given it a try with Czech, or Slovakian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian... Anyway, geographic technicalities aside, keep up the good work, I can't wait for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

You are an amazing writer! Please hurry with chapter 7.

CatsEye4477CatsEye4477over 7 years ago
Lullaby

Now that they know the song, they should be able to identify the country of origin (apparently Romania?).

And thank you for directing us to it. It is lovely.

Chimera44Chimera44over 7 years agoAuthor
From the author

Thank you so much for the very thoughtful, informative - and corrective - comments. Please be assured I read every comment and greatly appreciate how helpful your input is!!!!!

BobossweetnessfreakBobossweetnessfreakover 7 years ago

I was so excited to see the new chapter of this story. I can't wait for the next one. Please don't make us wait too long. I've never been a patient person when I want something. lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please Finish

I love this story. I really hope you finish it.

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Nearly Nine Months Since Last Chapter?!

That is a bit much, is it not?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
found your story last night

...very well written and thought out. I enjoyed reading all chapters yesterday. Very enjoyable. You are very gifted in your writing skills.

subkfsubkfover 6 years ago
Ending / epilogue

Anxious for next it final chapter. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nice but unsatisfying

It keeps climbing to a climax which never happens.

Id love to see an ending to this, like many others

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Riveting...

Very good writing. However, nitpick that I am, found a couple of instances of "pouring over" with no liquids involved. From the web: "Since pour is a common word and sounds identical to pore, many English speakers use the verb pour in the verb phrase pore over meaning “to meditate or ponder intently.” However, looking closely at their meanings, the correct choice becomes apparent." No big deal - but I'd want to know if I wrote that.

Horseman68Horseman68about 6 years ago
My Desire of More of Your Writing.....

..... is because it is exceptional. I kept checking back on this story for any new chapters and became aware of your troubles. Can only wish you the best and hope that you will be able to continue to enjoy your writing talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Devastating news

The update on Jess’s reads that this incredibly talented writer passed away in January. Thank you for giving us this lovely insight into your characters ‘ lives. Rest In Peace.

CatsEye4477CatsEye4477almost 6 years ago
Wonderous Stories

Imagine everything

You're close

And were you there

To stand so cautiously at first

And then so high

As [you] spoke my spirit climbed into the sky

I bid it to return

To hear your wonderous stories

May your spirit return to share with us your wondrous stories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous