All Comments on 'Five Years and Four Days Ch. 04'

by careythomas

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More, more!

Please. Write more stories. 😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nooooooo

This story isn't finished. Does Alex return to England? Get a job in England? Does Jess move to the States? If you don't want to continue it as Five Years and Four Days, maybe as Day 1? As the first day they are starting? Please continue the story line. This is one of the best stories I have ever read. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Please don't end the story here.... we want more of it

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No can't do

You simply can't end the saga here, you have to write a new one where we can see how and where ti all goes from here on!

Otherwise a complete 5* across the board!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I know you said this was the last chapter but I agree with everyone else that there has to be more. It's just not right for these lovebirds to be apart. So pretty please with sugar on top, could there be one last installment? I'll wait for however long it takes. Thank you in advance. Five stars of course.

TSreaderTSreaderover 7 years ago
A wonderful love story ending!

It is indeed quite a love story you've written! I personally hope that you'll bring these two back in another story to let us know how they turn out! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Genevieve11Genevieve11over 7 years ago
A word of appreciation

While you did warn us that this was going to be a story in 4 parts

I am quite sad that it's now over. I sincerely hope that you'll reconsider

and write one or several more stories on this wonderful couple. On the other hand, as long distance relationships in reality don't always work out, keeping it open ended might actually be the best solution. Each of us can choose our own "outcome" to this story.

Five Years is absolutely worth 5 stars out of 5. Whether or not you continue this specific story line, please don't stop writing. You are quite the talented writer with a gift of adding depth to characters making us readers fall in love with 'em.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please continue the story. :(

No no no no, please, you can't end the story like this! I've been refreshing your page everyday since you posted the first part of this story. Please please please I need more. 🙏🙏

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Yes, write another chapter and kill one of them in a plane crash. The story is great as is, leaving the reader with a sense of hope for the relationship. Just don't let the horny crowd force you to do anything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

We are not horny, as anon mentioned. We just love a good love story, which this story happens to be, and we love happy endings.

Oh and thank you careythomas for the update and continuance of this beautiful series.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 7 years ago
5 stars

without a dough one of the best love stories on this site, and yes please write more chapters, except leave out the plane crash, Jess needs Alex in her life just as Alex needs Jess as well and even know they are thousands of miles apart, true love can always find a way, and also Jess needs to leave her bad feeling about her past relationships in the past and start to trust Alex

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it

Please continue with the story. Irvis one of my favorites.. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Superb

Sadly the really good stories under "Lesbian" are few and far between. This superb series is a welcome exception. Your story had us accepting the relationship between people who came to love one another rather than label them. I was so impressed that while you made an early reference about Alex being Asian, it didn't keep coming up - a far too common focus on racial difference by American writers. Would love to read more of your stories. 5 stars all the way. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This. Is. AMAZING!

Oh My Gosh literally so good, like I'm dying! Wow such an amazing story, please continue writing stories, I'll be looking forward to them

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_meover 7 years ago
Would that I could...

Give it 10 stars. Like it's already been said, the good ones are few and far between. I'm looking forward to the next chapter here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A wonderful romance

The entire story cycle from chapter 00 is almost perfect. Everything was beautifully handled. My own preference is for the story to end here, but I would never turn down a chance to know more if you choose to write more of this couple, or another story if you are so moved.

fishingrod48fishingrod48over 7 years ago
It deserves more than just 5 stars

WOW!! This is an amazing story, well done. As I have suggested it deserves 6 stars,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
amazing

amazing story

can you please keep it going

what happens next please?

i need more

thank you 😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Please keep going

This is an amazing story, please keep going there is more to happen with Jess and Alex. Love this story and you are a great writer. Please keep going.

Word_junkieWord_junkieover 7 years ago
Splendid!

This was such an enjoyable read! I cannot wait for you to write more; your storytelling is addictive. I'm a fan!

rusty333rusty333over 7 years ago
Fun

Great read, fun, keep waiting for something terrible top happen, please don't.

vggirl08vggirl08over 7 years ago
AGREE!!!

We NEED more!!!!!!!!:-)

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 7 years ago

This story has quickly become one of the reasons I've been checking the site every day for the past week. I love it. I love the storyline. I love the characters. But what are you going to do now Carey since the four days are gone. 5 Years and a Lifetime to Love? Or to Live? All the best whatever you decide to do.

AnonymousDesire13AnonymousDesire13over 7 years ago
Are You Serious?!?

This is NOT where you end a story .. This is where the story is just getting started !! Please give us more !!

janny54janny54over 7 years ago
one of the best...

stories i have read on lit. i hope there will be a continuation of this story going forward with how they follow through on their relationship! thank you for sharing such a wonderfully written story. well paced, creative and passionate. looking forward to much more in this story and others from you.

jan

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved it all!

Please keep writing! It's rare to find someone who is willing to share such vulnerability and sexiness! Wonderful work!

One note: I think you accidentally referred to Carol a couple times in this chapter, when you meant Cathy.

gnome_mangnome_manover 7 years ago
Thank You!!!

There are some very good stories on this website, and more of them are in the Lesbian category than Whosis said.

But damned few are at this level of work.

Your writing skill is phenomenally good. Your "people" are real in my heart, and I will miss them

If you feel that this story is done, fine. But don't starve me for a lack of your creativity. I don't know what I'll do...

number8fanuknumber8fanukover 7 years ago
Five Years and Four Days

Really pleased to see that you intend to progress the story further I'm sure that will please a lot of readers other than just my self as I said in My message to you that it really dose remind me of a Bronte work with all of the cast that you have assembled and I'm so looking forward to reading more a BIG THANK YOU.

weav610weav610over 7 years ago
Please, please continue this story!

I recently found this site and am very pleased with your, and a couple of other authors, literary work. Have you or any of the other editors you mentioned ever thought of publishing mainstream?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More

Please don't let this story be over! Keep going!

FarfromthetreeFarfromthetreeabout 7 years ago
More please!!

Thanks so much for sharing, I LOVE YOUR STORY A LOT.

please don't end this story here....

Look forward to reading more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Give us more!!!

Such amazing stories are so few and far between on here. Writing style and story develop nicely and keep you turning pages. Please please please continue for my sanity. I've already made up 30 different scenarios in my head and I've not been productive at work. Keep writing!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 7 years ago
Loved it!

Every single word and sentence! I can't wait to read the sequel! Thank you for sharing it with us!

-Ripley--Ripley-about 7 years ago
A wonderful story of love

You've written a truly classic story. It has everything that one could want in a story, including being extremely well written. You have us waiting on pins and needles at the end of each chapter, anxious for the next one. I'm glad to see that you are continuing Jess and Alex's story!

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaabout 7 years ago
Something about

us (readers) not knowing how Alex finally responded to Jess after her profession of love is... unsettling. Not quite sure if that's my insecurities sneaking out there or if it's a honest reaction to the characters. As I wrote in an earlier comment about the dance of romantic interest, there's also the process of learning to trust one's own belief in a partner's declarations of love. I think you've given us a fleeting glimpse of this starting with Jess and Alex, but I also think it could be developed further.

I hope you've tackled some of that in the sequel.

I'm looking forward to reading it. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hub-a-baba....

...ding-ding, your story has everything!!

Great imagery, dialogue and continuity to say nothing of story line. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
a classic romantic novel.

WOW straight to the top of the list. Ranks as a must read for any romance seeking individual. But be warned do not start to read if you are wanting to go to sleep. Thank you and I look forward to reading the next part of their story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Next chapter

That was a top class story.. bloody loved it.. ud better write more chapters...plsssss

Great characters.. and story..

One of best ive read on this site or any site.

So now.... sit down and write more. We'll b waiting.

Many thanks.

ProfPateProfPateabout 7 years ago
Unfinished surely

Loved story. The prequel was particularly lovely, sounded like Royal School and reminded me of time in boarding school.

Thanks for taking your time to write.

Please a sequel

Grognard1Grognard1almost 7 years ago
Top Marks!

Right, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

One of my favorite stories! Very well written! Thanks so much for sharing~I love you careythomas!

rexspauldingrexspauldingalmost 7 years ago
Perfect Example - no, a template - for a short romance story

Seriously, this story should be what every author strives to achieve in so few words - a perfectly paced, dialogue-driven, coming-to-grips with personal issues, charming and humorous tale of the strength of love.

But why would you say the prologue was optional, or to be read after? I'm so glad I read it first, as it really filled in the depth of Alex's character, and gave an understanding of where Jess was coming from. I feel otherwise, without that prologue, they both could seem rather immature.

That said, I really have no criticisms. Nitpicks, I'm sure, but nothing worth saying here.

What I found awesome about the story was how perspective shifted to give us, the audience, that inside look and understanding, while each character could maintain their own thoughts and outlook.

So job well done, and thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
brilliant

this was a fantastic read I read them all in a day. Please write more

Han_cgHan_cgover 6 years ago
Favourite reads

I’ve lost count how many times I’ve read this series, in fact I’ve read all your stuff multiple times.

The pace, the dialogue, the way you make your reader (well me anyway) become invested in the characters in your stories. Superb, truly superb.

I think the only problem I’ve ever had whilst reading them is some of the language used in the dialogue, example; you are instead of you’re etc. I understand why some don’t like to use abbreviations etc but I sometimes find dialogue flows better.

Regardless I love your stuff and I can’t wait to read more!!

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 6 years ago

Love these girls. Love this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Noooooooo

I cant believe it ended soooo fast!!! When it ended i was like that can't be the end!!!! It can't!!!! I fell in love with this book and didn't want it to end, I just never wanted it to end! I love your stories and would like to read more about theverything two and want to say thank you for writing them too. Don't stop!!!!!!!!

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 6 years ago
Wetness

I CANNOT read this ánd keep my eyes dry.

Nevertheless, a big thank you!

acupacupabout 6 years ago
I love your stories

You have a way that truly comes through. BUT!

You have an exceedingly good knack of leaving the story hanging! It would be kind to all of us to add at least a chapter or two to this lovely start.

tlcbitlcbiabout 6 years ago
Excellent beginning

I have been, very much enjoying your story. I hope that you return to finish this story. I mean, does Alex's job offer a permanent transfer to England, and thus enable Jess and Alex to further their relationship?

DinaParker69DinaParker69almost 6 years ago
Amazing!

This absolutely ranks as one of my favourite ever reads. It was so erotic but the sweetness of it was what blew me away... I read the prologue before the 4 parts, which enhances the love between the two women so much. Amazing, congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I Need More

This is my first ever read into this genre, I absolutely love the chemistry and the build-up that you created. I would love for you to continue the story and not just leave me with the cliffhanger! Thank you though :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Beautifully sweet

I loved this series. You brought it along very nicely, not rushing it and showing all the misgivings and misunderstandings of a burgeoning relationship. I'd love to see a followup with the two of them together.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years ago
A perfect finale ... for now

Can you have a temporary finale? I can only say I am delighted that there is a sequel. This is a wonderful tale told with mastery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Truly heartfelt.

A lovely story. Just lovely.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 4 years ago
Soooo lovely

Heart touching ..... Soul touching

Thank you for this great piece of art

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerabout 4 years ago
Perfect

It shows what happens when two people love each other and countries does not matter as long as two people love each other hope there is more to come excellent read thank you careythomas I just read to-day. xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Alex and Jess

Wonderful, so readable story, but it has been some time since CH 4. So, we do not enjoy more between the two lovers. Please follow. You write so well.

eros53eros53almost 4 years ago
Great dialogue

I like your writing style, you don’t spent pages describing faces, bodies, clothes etc, which is fine with other authors but you’re so strong with dialogue and feelings...it’s very refreshing and of course the characters are amazing, fleshed out and nuanced, I can create my own picture of them. Thanks for the mental images and the great stories, well done you!

ramblin2020ramblin2020over 3 years ago

gonna echo @eros53. loved the characters and dialog!

Paddy57Paddy57over 3 years ago
Second Time Around!

I have not read many stories on this site twice and this series has been done twice in two days. Your characters are excellent, the feeling is good and you end up caring for them. Thanks and hope to hear more from you and them.

Highc70Highc70over 3 years ago
Truly amazing series

I’ve read this series nonstop. I could not put my iPad down. I love all of the build up and character development! I look forward to reading the rest of your stories. Truly excellent writing!

ker63469ker63469almost 3 years ago

Truly an outstanding series. Such a beautiful love story

AlexieeeeAlexieeeeover 2 years ago

I love your seriessss!!! <3

Sausage17Sausage17over 2 years ago

Well this was just…awesome. 5 stars!

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

They was a great read, i need more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved reading this. I’m curious to know how they work out but I’m glad they got the time they did

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

I wonder why FYFD shows up twice on the list of your works. They are clearly the same files, because the rating I left on one shows up as the rating on the other one.

Odd.

But, as to the story, excellent.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

You have a lovely way of writing!

This is a great story and I can't wait for the sequel!

Really good! Really nice characters!

Thank you so much!

More stories please!

Rapier875Rapier87511 months ago

Other than 'beautiful' I can't think of any other way to describe that story.

5 Stars all the way, but it deserved more - a lot, LOT, more !

Rapier

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Fabulous story. Very well written. Please write more stories. Absolutely loved this story

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well, I think we deserve to know Alex’ and Jess’ destiny. I hope you can add a chapter with a happy ending. Sexy story, though! Please continue writing!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry about my request for another chapter. I just discovered that my wish had already come true, not knowing, though, how it ends.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Please, Please, Please write the final part of this wonderful story. Fantastically written and put together. I think everybody would like to know what happens. Maybe they become work partners in New York or Alex will take on a role in the UK branch of the bank. Or, of course, Jess takes a teaching position in NY. Don't let us down, please!!

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

You paint an exquisite picture of this beautiful, slow-growing relationship

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercareythomas@careythomas
Twitter: @CareyThomas144 I set up a twitter account to deal with the plagiarizer (but then she blocked me) but now that I have an account, I thought I'd let you all know! . Recommended reading order: Five Years and Four Days Summer and Fall Looking at the Sun A Ghost o...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES