All Comments on 'It's Too Cliché...Right? Ch. 01'

by musicfreak

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
LabeautifullLabeautifullabout 7 years ago
Beautifully written...

I loooooooved it! I like the pace of the story, not too fast not too slow. Just the right amount of tension. I want to read more of it and since you have already submitted all chapters hopefully it wouldn't take long!

ladyarossladyarossabout 7 years ago
Freaking Awesome😋😋😋😋😋

Totally captivated by the story. Great flow, interesting characters,and just the right level of tension. Very well done. Can't wait for the rest of the story👍👍👍👍👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good start.

Can't wait to see how you unfold this story. Good connection with all of the cast. Makes you feel good about them. Makes me miss those days in high school and the tight little group I was part of back then. I miss that. Life was certainly less complicated then. Thank you for what looks like a great series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Love it...please continue

What a surprise to have Evan and Brad sort of "thrust" together for their report. Now Brad will HAVE to talk to Evan, and maybe, just maybe, make some headway. Wouldn't it be grand to have them meet at one house or the other to work together in their bedroom, perhaps with seeing the shirt open, and what might be hiding inside? Evan sounds like he has matured and has a great body. Would like to see him show it off --maybe have Evan change clothes and Brad gets to see evan's developing body? Maybe even the beginnings of chest hair? Ooo la la!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Wow, great start (can I give 10 stars please?)! I think this will be a story where I'll keep checking if there's a new instalment. I can't wait!

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I'm so happy that you guys enjoy this story. It was a long time in writing but I think it came out pretty well if I do say so myself. I have a habit of being a little too critical on myself, especially on first chapters so I'm really relieved that you guys like this so far.

This was the first story I've written where I had a character who had more than 2 friends, so I was worried that maybe it may become slightly muddled with the number of characters and their respective dialog, which was why I tried limiting the number of characters in any one scene, though sometimes the whole gang has to be there. Hopefully it's okay for you guys.

The rest of the chapters are still pending, so I don't have an approximate date the second chapter would be published but it should be within the week.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Great start and an intriguing premise! Looking forward to more! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hmmm

I was really feeling it until the whole "fresh air" bit and the name of the high school. As someone who is from Bakersfield, I couldn't buy it. Bakersfield has some of the worst air in the country right next to LA. Great start, but hard to believe it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great start

Love your stories! Love the end of the chapter. No where to hide, now he'll have to talk to Evan.

sm1982sm1982about 7 years ago
Off to a promising start..

I love Brad's sense of humor and voice in the story..I have to disagree with Anon from Bakersfield. I have family there and have visited all the time and have experienced the fresh air and clear blue skies..besides its fiction and authors can make the setting anyway they want..

Looking forward to his first conversation with Evan!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Edited

So you edit comments. I hated ch 6 and you disappeared my comment. You'll do this time too.

musicfreakmusicfreakabout 7 years agoAuthor
My last comment to this anon

Considering there is only one anon comment who didn't like chapter 6, I'm assuming you're the same person. I think it's funny how people who talk smack are always anonymous comments. Internet troll alert. So I really can't be bothered with replying to you after this, so feel free to post further comments, but I'm going to ignore you.

First of all, I have never, nor will I ever edit or delete comments, unless they are inappropriate and have nothing to do with the story. Before you call me out for 'dissappearing' your comment, by the way the word you're looking for is deleted, maybe you should click the little link at the bottom of the page that says 'show more comments'. How about that? I mean if you get high of playing the 'dumb fool' than sure, but before you accuse people of deleting your comment, maybe make sure it's actually deleted before you say that.

I always found it funny why people feel the need to give writers a hard time in comments. Sure, leave a nice or constructive feedback, but being a jerk doesn't help the writer at all. People seem to forget that this is free works. You don't pay to read it and the writer doesn't get paid when you do. If you wanna go crazy on a book you paid to read, be my guest, but on free literature? Seriously, just don't read it then.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank You!

I haven't read the story yet, but I have no doubt that I'll enjoy it just like I've enjoyed all of he other stories you've posted. I just wanted to say a quick Thank You for completing your stories before you post. I know the site is free, but it's so frustrating to start a story, get emotionally attached to the characters (if he story is good), and then be left with an unfinished work. I appreciate the fact that you haven't done that to us.

*hugs*

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Ch 12, then I'll read them all straight through :)

MbeseMbeseabout 7 years ago
As always

BRILLIANT WORK!! You really should publish, I will buy even if I already read it here for free

ProerosProerosabout 7 years ago
Mbese.

Hey Music Freak, Mbese wants to get in your Pants and so do I.

tarzanacidetarzanacideabout 7 years ago
Nice

I like your stories and yes Southern California does get blue skies (I've lived my whole life in the SFV). I admire that you post twelve chapters all at once. As an author, I can appreciate that it takes a TON of work (seriously, readers don't get it) to write like that with little payoff. I'm a little slower with mine, but I write as life permits. I like this series and your others. It's good stuff and realistic fiction. Keep it up. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More

I've read this entire thing and I honestly would buy it as a book, please right more.

cyan18cyan18almost 7 years ago
Like it ! I love it !

I can tell that i'm gonna enjoy reading the remaining parts

BakonativeBakonativealmost 7 years ago
Hey sm guy

Settings can't be whatever they want if the place is real. Bakersfield has HORRIBLE air. The only time is has blue skies is after it rains. Smog from LA and Fresno gets trapped here. You see the haze coming over the grapevine. Next thing you know, Manhattan, LA, and Shanghai will have no haze either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
AWESOME

Hello, I've decided to reread it after a few months and I've come across a similar story and title while googling (https://www.wattpad.com/430864597-it%27s-too-cliché-right-trust-me-i%27m-older-and-wiser) I think someone stole your story and published it in a different platform.

Anyways, as usual, awesome story👍😉

Hutchison12Hutchison12over 6 years ago
Love it

Just love the way you write, and build the storyline up, you are extremely talented, thanks for sharing with us, AAAAA+

musicfreakmusicfreakover 6 years agoAuthor
This is my only outlet for publishing at this point in time

Thank you Anon for the tip about the other work. Yes, that isn't posted by me, especially seeing that they tried to change the character name. I'm in the process of dealing with the poster and having them take down the work. Thank you so much for highlighting it to me.

If anyone else finds stories that you think are plagiarized from me, please do drop me a comment or preferably send me a instant message from my profile page. Thank you all so much.

MrTimTams009MrTimTams009almost 6 years ago
Love the way you write

I'm enjoying the wit and tonality.

illwindillwindover 5 years ago

I don't think this one is for me. Went a little far enforcing the 'this is not a cliche' idea. Kind of got tired of reading about what DIDN'T happen. Also feel like there are too many characters. I can't really make myself care about his preppy friends and would rather just get to the romance aspect. Is Amy going to play a larger role in the story? If not then I don't really need to know anything about her. There was just too much focus on the random details of every character except the love interest. At this rate it will be another three chapters before I learn anything about Evan; let alone before Brad actually speaks to him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

So far the writing style is refreshing. A giant like

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous