All Comments on 'My Central Park Lover'

by EllenMelville

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
pope32767pope32767about 7 years ago
Except that the Central Park jogger *wasn't* gang-raped

The actual rapist acted alone, confirmed by his own confession and DNA evidence. The convictions of the five were vacated in 2002, and NYC paid them $41 million in civil damages in 2014.

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleabout 7 years agoAuthor
The Central Park rapists set free and paid off...

Ann Coulter is controversial and I don't automatically trust what she says, but read this article and then check on your own. Sounds rather suggestive and, if true, awful. Thanks for commenting!

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2014-04-23.html

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Central Park Five

Those black guys accused of raping Trisha Meili were later exonerated. There was an excellent documentary made about it — Central Park Five. Only Donald Trump and apparently EllenMelville still think they were guilty.

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleabout 7 years agoAuthor
Worth looking at the Coulter piece, hard to deny

At least worth a look, I think.

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleabout 7 years agoAuthor
An excerpt in case you aren't a big reader...

"The D.A.'s report was based solely on the confession of Matias Reyes, career criminal, serial rapist and murderer. Reyes had absolutely nothing to lose by confessing to the rape -- the statute of limitations had run -- and much to gain by claiming he acted alone: He got a favorable prison transfer and the admiration of his fellow inmates for smearing the police.

"While dumping on the police for screwing up the investigation, Morgenthau wouldn't let the cops interview Reyes themselves, despite the fact that his "confession" constituted the sole evidence that he raped and brutalized the jogger by himself.

"Not only were the police prohibited from interviewing Reyes or giving him a polygraph, but Morgenthau ordered other inmates not to talk to any police investigators about their conversations with Reyes. First the D.A. slimed the cops, then he ran interference for a rapist-murderer.

"New York journalist Nicholas Stix reports that one inmate says Reyes told him he heard the jogger's screams and raped her only after the "Central Park Five" had finished with her."

EllenMelvilleEllenMelvilleabout 7 years agoAuthor
Oh, and one more point not even in dispute...

"The "Central Park Five," as PBS documentarian Ken Burns has dubbed them, aren't exactly Emmett Till (as Burns would have you believe). Even if they were innocent of the Central Park rape, which they aren't, the reason they were originally arrested was that they were rampaging through the park, assaulting people.

"While denying the rape, the defendants admit committing these other attacks. How'd you like to be one of the people badly beaten in the park that night watching your tax dollars go to pay your assailants millions of dollars?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Ellen as a fellow New Yorker I agree with you 100% .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
thanks pope

this was some bullshit she wrote

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEllenMelville@EllenMelville
292 Followers
Naked Town, Naked Lives: In A Fashionable Long-Island Resort Any Lust at Any Price" ($3.99 on Kindle) Games Some People Play: Like When You're Tied-Up Bare-Ass." ($5.99) "The Slave Girl in "Spartacus' or Can A Classy Bitch Get Laid: Sixteen Erotic Stories" ($2.99) I write...