All Comments on 'Getting Down at Brown Ch. 04'

by ReedRichards

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusalmost 7 years ago
Damn you for doing this

How can you expect us to just accept this as the last chapter?!?! Everything was perfect, from his parents visit to the summer job hunt, even his fidgeting about proposal was kinda fun to read, and then you go and drop that bomb and call it quits! You're better than that and you know it, we know it and it's only fair you do at least one more chapter about them, heck even make it a 20+ years later one where they look back on this moment. Sure you might think it's too similar to the events of "My Number" but that's what romance category is all about - delivering that heart-melting experience we crave from the beginning of the series. I really liked this series and how things went about, I really do but this isn't a fitting end to the series.

The chapter is a 5* as is the story, if it ends here so be it.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
She went ahead of him!

Great! After so many doubts and preparations, she comes forward in the big question!

Funny and nice, different from what is normally published here.

5 * for you and thank you for sharing your work with all of us.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years agoAuthor
The story had reached it's natural conclusion!

I had planned that particular ending all along.

As for further chapters, I made that mistake with the Mark & Jennifer series. It had reached its natural conclusion, with the proposal, at the end of Chapter 7, but I continued, due to reader requests, and rally kind of floundered along, because I no longer had that natural conclusion in mind. When I published it on amazon.com (look for author Reed Richards), I ended it where it should have been ended all along.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Actually, Sheila went ahead of Max all through the story

The top change the first day back from Christmas break, sliding into his bed after the Valentine's dance, and getting the beds pushed together were all things she did.

texquilltexquillalmost 7 years ago
EXCELLENT TALE

The author did a wonderful job putting together a gentle love story. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Brilliant, five stars what more can be said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I loved it!

This is a beautiful story. Thank you for writing and sharing it. I agree with your comment about the Mark & Jennifer story. This one's better!

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Nicely Done - great finish

A truly romantic love story.

No additional chapters needed. For those wanting closure, a brief prologue with a paragraph about graduation, marriage, grad school, his tenured position teaching math at Brown, her career teaching interrupted only to have their two children.

Happily ever after.

: D

rodryder44rodryder44over 6 years ago
Sneaky ending

I didn't see it coming. Reminded me of my camp counselor days in the early 60's.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

When we were getting towards the end, I was sadly expecting this to be another one of those stories to be continued that never get finished and then---a very nice surprise!!! A great story by a great author. THANK YOU!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A cute romantic ending, that does not bode well for their future.

So she refused to even discuss the concept of marriage with him the whole time they had been dating? But then out of the blue, without any discussion of career plans, family plans, lifestyle goals, financial goals, she decides that she's going to do a complete 180 and not only discuss marriage, but propose? Anyone else see some control and manipulation issues here?

Hey, they fuck great and really enjoy each other's company. All that detailed shit mentioned above will just work itself out, like in most marriages. No sense in ruining a good romance trying to anticipate and plan for future issues and challenges. It'll all just fall into place. Or they'll just be another divorce statistic.

You could have made her a bit more realistic and intelligent. It would have enhanced rather than detracted from the romance.

fisheronefisheroneover 5 years ago
Needs another chapter

It was the ending Max needed, Sheila got over her cold feet and learned they complete each other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
PROPER ENDING?

Each chapter has had such great comments, it made me wonder if mine would be superfluous. Chief of them was Captain_Fapulous. But this chapter, I disagree with him. Although when the story ended, I felt some of what he felt, I nevertheless had to admit to myself that it was a fitting ending. In fact, as I reviewed it, I smiled. Retiring, shy Sheila "stepped up." And the story went out on a high note. A great place for a romance to end, before they encounter the drudgeries of real life.

Final Observation.

One of the great Romances of Literotica.

Two shy noweheresville people each turn into someone desired by the opposite sex.

But, more importantly, by each other.

Paul in Oklahoma

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Reasonable

Reasonable story,but needs more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Sudden ending! Great overall series, but it really needs more of a finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Where's the ending. Great series, but...

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Makings

Makings of a very good story,but let down by the ending,along with no explanation from her as to why she asked.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Bang goes the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No shit! No end?

I gave each section 5 stars because they earned them. And i gave this section another 5 star rating—that lasted until I couldn’t find the last chapter. I looked & saw this was labeled the last.

Now I’ll admit to ranting at other authors who cut their story off at the knees but I couldn’t believe that you’d do that to your readers with this fabulous story.

This is like finding out your wife is pregnant to a Chinese dude. I’m still in disbelief.

May you get a virulent STD and your cock fall off leaving you in in excruciating unending agony.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

4 chapters of written diarrhea. At least chapter had the summer vacation work at the Camp which was of some interest and could have been expanded on!!

Sheila character... still waters run deep

NOT MUCH OF AN ENDING

Pickles7287Pickles728712 months ago

sweet but needed some tension…maybe another camp worker trying to steal her away

NitpicNitpic5 months ago
Where

Where is the rest?.

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

It is unkind to a story to slam a door in its face! Furthermore, i would give a nut to find out who instructed Lit authors to use “both” when it is most often redundant.

AlexFourwaysAlexFourways26 days ago

Fantastic story, but I feel that your 'conclusion' is in fact a 'cliff hanger'.

Probably now there has been enough time for the tale of his acceptance and their life getting settled, with plenty of romantic action.

I have noticed in comments from many stories that I have read that the most common regret that readers have is not having enough closure. YMMV and 'I reserve the right to be (proved) wrong.'

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous