All Comments on 'The Reader'

by Cervantes1958

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Tks

thank you for a wonderful, romantic, and haunting story. I quite enjoyed it.

Hope you continue and write another one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A Film with a Similar Theme

This reminds me a little of the 1988 French film "La Lectrice" (The Reader).

HeaditorHeaditorover 6 years ago
Moving

Very French 19th century style which works well. Erotica at its best, even if it ends in melancholy...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

A moving and erotic exposition of human sexuality.

maninconnmaninconnover 6 years ago
Compelling

This story draws you in until you can actually feel the books in your hand, smell the musty air and old books in the study, and feel her breathing as she herself is drawn into this man's personal end-of-life journey. I can't give it 10 stars, so I'm going to read it again anonymously and give it 5 more.

Now I have to look up the stories she publishes in Holland, and hope they are published in English. If not I'll need to find a Dutch tutor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Exquisite!

Truly absorbing and loving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Your best one...ever!

And one of the best I've ever read on this site. Your writing skills drew me in as a voyeur, imagining a wet spot of the pillow on the chair. Smelling her arousal. I have a busy day ahead of me, but I'll return again this evening to savor the luxury of your prose.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 4 years ago
Lovely

This is so beautiful, but sad. I wish he had left her with more than the three books.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, missing the h in Pittsburgh of the profile isn't relevant now that I'm proudly using my real name.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous