All Comments on 'RfH Ch. 01: That Thing in the Corner'

by kristaoconnors

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
How fucking stupid do you think men are?

Are you unable to control yourself that after not getting laid for a time, you'll fuck some homicidal bitch? Does the sight of a beautiful woman immediately cause you to drop all moral and self preservation? Are you so insanely sick that you would choose to enjoy being stabbed?

This was ridiculously dumb, thanks for wasting my time.

kristaoconnorskristaoconnorsover 6 years agoAuthor
Superfluous Reply to Anonymous

Author here.

Thank you for your feedback, it is was both helpful and hilarious.

I am sorry that you seemed to find this exaggerated masculine portrayal insulting. The protagonist was not meant to be a reflection on men as a whole.

In fact I have been trying to imply with subtext that he was in a severely compromised mental/emotional state to begin with, even before the sexual frustration.

I mean, I can make excuses for his behavior, but at the end of the day, this dude is exactly as you describe: "ridiculously dumb."

MynameisalanaMynameisalanaover 6 years ago

I loved it! The bit this guys are complaining about where indeed disturbing but I found it fascinating the point isn't that you think this is what all men are like the is that your creating a compelling, multi-layered set of characters in a setting that forces us to suspended our beliefs and get out of our Comfort zone.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous