All Comments on 'Not Going To Do It'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
CSD2CSD2over 6 years ago
Now that was different

And good!

A pulp western feel with JPB sex flair. A welcome twist from the usual formulas.

Well done.

HalfAsianWhoaHalfAsianWhoaover 6 years ago
4 Stars.

It wasn't perfect but it wasn't the usual JPB fair and had some unresolved issues however it was good so yeah, four stars.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 6 years ago
5 stars

Because this is the best I’ve resd on LW im awhile!

garybluegaryblueover 6 years ago
A whole new genre

New environment and a new time period. You done good.

FD45FD45over 6 years ago
Christmas came early

A lot of my favorite authors posting at once.

Interesting take on an earlier time. Dialogue was good.

Quibble: Jeans were invented by Levi in 1873. And 'good women' didn't wear pants so much back then.

Still, nice to see you spread your wings some.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Who is Gary?

A good story as usual from JUSTPLAINBOB.

After Seths body is brought back to the farmhouse on the mule the story line gets confusing where it states----" I took Garys horse and pack mule down to the barn"----

Who is Gary?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 6 years ago
Nice

Different type of tale than I'm used to reading but great nonetheless.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
This is JPB in his best...

This is JPB in his best...A very good way to begin the stories from Legends about the wild west...4*

grogers7grogers7over 6 years ago
And then..

Well written beginning to many stories

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Very Nice?

I was also wondering who was Gary?

It may have been too kinky for the times (maybe not?) but I expected Emma to join them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Gary is ...

...the narrator! Only you didn’t hear from him much because this story was told very well from the hero’s point of view, which left poor Gary with naught to do but watch. But he did have a horse that needed some care, and it was very gentlemanly of our hero to take a moment to do that for him. And if you believe a word of this, there’s some swampland for sale.... :-)

WyldcardWyldcardover 6 years ago

Thanks for the story.

Fun, and actually a different sort than the norm here. That is rare. Thanks for the work and the creativity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story by JPB

Some people just like to bitch. I wonder how many people actually have only one mistake in a story? Or even write a story? Go read the cuck stories if you don't like good ones.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wildly Entertaining As Always

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wow, unbelievable.......

there are actually some very good stories posted today (slapping head on side of head to make sure I'm awake) compared to the rash of garbage that usually meets my first glance at LW. Good one. Four Stars.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 6 years ago
This worked well.

It had the violence and uncertainty of the old west along with some willing ladies. Nicely done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank you

Always a joy

amyyumamyyumover 6 years ago
Cute and entertianing

5* from me!

grriz1grriz1over 6 years ago
It's been awhile

It's been awhile since I've read a western story. You're story held my interest and as always with your stories I enjoyed it.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 6 years ago
1)Clint Eastwood, 2)Time Machine, 3) Sergio Leone to Direct Movie from this JPB Story , 4) Enrico Morricone Classicly Twisted film Score

That's my Xmas List after reading this sagebrush stunner along with unmarried variant of Amy Adams in LBD on my doorstep (item no. 5.). Oops there is one more quite obvious thing ...6) a sequel to this fab story where narrator searches for his son.

Full marks. *****

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
Bob serves up another entertaining story

But Gary appearing at the end was like a cold douche of water. I wonder if Denver would have kept him alive longer; those women sounded ferocious to me.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
IN OLDEN DAYS OF YORE

the family nucleus is defined by chance, TK U MLJ LV NV

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
So much better than the last one of yours

Thank you, JPB, for some likeable characters to go with a good story. I really enjoyed this one, and gave it 5 stars.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 6 years ago
Kinda feel bad for Martha

Husband up and ditched her for war without a care to her well being. then gets shot when husband returns. granted he found her on another man's cock, so she kind of had it coming. 4*

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 6 years ago
Interesting but dark story

Martha was an interesting character. This story could be a movie. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Haha... Bob can't help himself.

I was away on a business trip (of some sort) and when I got home there was a strange horse hitched to my post... or something like that...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wild

That was a wild tale. Wild Wild West.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Tales of Traitors of the USA

Don't cotton to tales of traitors and it sounds like our current 'fake president" in defending the glory of slave traders.

26thNC26thNCover 6 years ago
Good

Like anything that involves sex and killing Yankees. Good yarn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Otis

Very good story.

To the moron that posted -Don't cotton ...

We have a real president now so you must have been talking about the last fake president that was a racist and a crook and I hope he gets indicted for his role in the Uranium One sellout. It is funny how democrats want to remove the statues of dead democrats. The US civil war was not about slavery as the main cause. Only rich democrats still owned slaves by that time and it was truly evil. By the time of the civil war most of the planet had outlawed slavery that ALL races practiced including blacks and our founding fathers. Only big thing our founding fathers screwed up on is not outlawing slavery then. You are brain washed or simply stupid.

Last, I will remind you that it was Republicans that freed the slaves.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: OTIS

TODAY'S Republicans and Democrats have nothing in common with those in the mid-19th century except for the names.

And viewers of Faux News don't know that Uranium One is "Fake News!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
hello

Cool one that's something cool man good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
GO WEST YOUNG MAN

He will die of exhaustion with those two birds.

Good story.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 6 years ago
Enjoyable read

Good period piece with excellent local descriptions and characters.

Nice flash read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
reads like

A Hondo rewrite with an erotica twist!

Louis L'Amour rollin' in his grave....Ha!

A Treat

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Different for Bob, I couldnt hear his normal "voice" until the second page

but a real good tale, moved right along.

KRD19254KRD19254over 6 years ago

6* - nothing more needs say'in....

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
... What - no Pauline French???

In all seriousness, for Bob to manage to give a fuck about a PROUD Confederate... now, that's the sign of gifted writer.

Good story. Even though I didn't give a damn about its lead.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 6 years ago
Thank you, Bob

You told me that Westerns were outside your zone. I can't tell that by the writing. You did just as well as I knew you would. You are a writer, and it doesn't matter what sort of story it is, talent trumps everything else, and you have that in spade. Thank you for doing this, and it's top-of-the-line. Randi.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Pretty bleak outlook on life

Regrettably probably pretty accurate

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No Pauline...

Katie was Pauline's Great Great Great Great Grandmother...lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

One of JPB's best stories. He gets two women for doing a good deed.

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really liked it -- Good Read!

Thanks for sharing your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Denver

I like Denver and JPB. Good tale!

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 6 years ago
5

Nice tale of the old west ... i just love a cuckold free zone. Our hero was honest ... honerable and dished it out to the bad guys ... what more can we ask for beyond the reward of of two lovely ladies??

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
discrepancies

Women didn't wear "jeans" in the 1800's as they had yet to be invented and the victorian era was a bit strict on the dress code of women (thus suffrage). Men wore the "pants" in the day.

Rosters don't crow. Roosters on the other hand make a hell of a racket when they get the mind.

You wonder why they call me...

Smokepole

kimi1990kimi1990over 6 years ago
@Smokepole

Um... you smoke poles? Is that a euphemism for giving men oral sex? What the imagination could come up with!

Great story, JPB. I guess some people, between a good pole smoking, have nothing better to do than nit-pick. I thought it was well written and very entertaining. I didn't know you could write like this. Impressive.

OnethirdOnethirdover 6 years ago
Versatile

Nice story, pretty different from the JPB usual mode. No dividing the bank account after finding the wife in the sack with another man. She seemed pretty bitter- surely she’d know that the war wasn’t just for 6 months and that men couldn’t just leave anytime they wanted? Seems to me a failure to communicate.

honeylicker1124honeylicker1124over 6 years ago
Good story as always from JPB

Two things I'll comment about:

1) I see you talked about the soldier that "fought for his state." Glad to hear you express that. Confederates didn't fight the northern invaders that Lincoln sent to keep slavery. They fought for their state, and to keep their rights.

2) Even you did have a couple of word mistakes, (e.g. "roster" instead of "rooster"), I thought you handled the dialect well.

Yes, different from a usual JPB story, but well handled. Probably many of the soldiers that were away fighting Lincoln's war came home to just the situation that you described, where the wife had abandoned hopes of husbands return and took another man. 5 *'s and FS status

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Haha

The comments by the supporters of the traitorous southern states are hilarious. Still hoping for a day when the traitors will rise again and bring back slavery. Haha! Such tools!

teedeedubteedeedubover 6 years ago
It's crazy

what your loving readers will say. I liked the story, very good read. Some of these idiots need to get a real life..... Thanks for sharing.

DWornockDWornockover 6 years ago
5 Stars.

It has been a while since I read a story this good on Literotica.com.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 6 years ago
Great vernacular

That is one of your best. I like the frontier justice. I've been a long time fan, but this is my first time leaving a comment. Thanks from a long time Colorado front range boy. Nobody makes me chuckle like JPB and JB44.*****

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Re: Good story as always from JPB

The Civil War was about slavery. Period.

The Southern States didn't declared independence over states rights; they did it over the rights of owning human beings.

Those are facts, supported by actual documents signed by the leaders of the Confederacy. Maybe some of the traitors - which is WHAT THEY WERE - were fighting for something else... but, whatever it was, it had nothing to do with why there was a war in the first place.

So anyone - ANYONE - claiming this conflict was over ANYTHING else... that person is just love to showcase his gleeful ignorance over his own history. Please stop with the sadass revisionist history, and look at the sins of your fathers for what they were: sins.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@mightyhorny Give it a rest.

“My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it.” Abraham Lincoln. Letter to Horace Greely. 1862.

"this war is not waged on our part in any spirit of oppression, nor for any purpose of conquest or subjugation, nor purpose of overthrowing or interfering with the rights or established institutions of those States, but to defend and maintain the supremacy of the Constitution and to preserve the Union." The Crittenden Resolution, passed by the House, and the Johnson Resolution, passed by the Senate. 1861.

Apparently, The President and both Houses of Congress were completely ignorant of what you know, that the "war was fought over slavery." According to their documents, produced by the people on the scene, the war was fought to "save the Union."

Thank God we have mightyhorny around to correct them. Whether or not you think it should have been fought is an entirely different question and has no bearing on this story, one way or another. Don't spout your shit if you don't know what you're talking about. Nothing worse than the dogmatically ignorant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I agree

The south was getting too much power econominally and the union didn't want to recognize this. Slavery wasn't on the agenda with Lincoln until he wrote the emancipation proclamation in september of 1862. I agree that Lincoln wanted the south to stay with the union and his agenda was to keep the south from separating from the union. The civil war was not fought to end slavery. In history, the victors write the history books and do the revisionist theories. Lincoln would've been kinder to the south if booth didn't assassinate him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks

Have read all of your stories. Enjoyed most all of them. Please keep sharing because i’ll keep reading13

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You are wrong

The Civil War was fought because the slave owning South did not like the free North telling them how they should be. Slavery was not an issue except to freed/escaped slaves and abolitionist whites. Look at our history. Before any territory could come into the Union, it had to be matched by its opposite (slave or free) as the South knew if it became outnumbered by free states slavery would be abolished.

As far as the South being an economic powerhouse (lol), why did it need to acquire all the arms, ammunition and other necessities for making war from England and France. In the story, he used a British made Enfield vice an American made one. The battle of Gettysburg was started because a Confederate force was looking for footwear to reshod its personnel because the South did not have the capability equip

its own personnel.

You all need to revisit your history lessons.

Retired Gysgt USMC

Bo47Bo47about 6 years ago
MightyHorny was half a-- right but wholly wrong.

No where in the Bible does it say that it is a "sin" to own or keep slaves. Those who think otherwise, I dare you to quote chapter and verse. It in fact tells slaves to obey your masters. It tells masters to not abuse your slaves.

The War of Yankee Aggression was, in my opinion, a political action brought on by the population growth of the northern and western abolition states and their subsequent dominance in Congress. The growth of regional politics and the Federal government's absorption of more and more of the matters that were originally in the control of Local authorities were a primary concern, as was the economy. Many southern slave owners were racking their brains for ways, without financial ruin, to divest themselves of their slaves in whom most of their wealth was tied up. I am sure a fair compensation package would have been much cheaper than the cost of the war. The Dreaded Income Tax was imposed to fund it and the Draft was imposed to provide cannon fodder for it.

It was widely thought that since the individual states had volunteered to join the Union, they had the right to withdraw as well. It even said so in the documents that joined Texas to the Union a few years before. By the way. I always enjoy Bob's stories.

mankia101mankia101about 6 years ago

I like the way you write. I look forward to your stories. So much of what is posted these days is garbage. It is great to read a well written story for a change

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Or

https://www.al.com/opinion/index.ssf/2015/06/war-over-slavery_rhetoric_is_i.html

?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
From Outlaw Josie Wales

The story is all Bob’s but the basis is the movie.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
Great yarn

I loved it! When are you going to tell Zeb's story at Sawell's Landing? I know you'll do it proud!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How the west was won?

Entertaining yarn. I wonder how long it will be before he gets mother and daughter pregnant? That should be interesting for a second chapter. Well played Bob.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Anything

Really enjoyed this one from Bob. Love it anytime Yankees get shot up. Great story.

rfnks2002rfnks2002about 5 years ago

Ok JPB this needs another chapter or two.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
@26NC & General Comment

You guys know that you've lost the war right?

Nice little story. The whole mother/daughter fantasy great. I could only get into the sex so much unfortunately because I couldn't help to think these people haven't showered for days if not weeks, and no fucking deodorant.

A little short sentence about how they all took baths would have helped sooooo much.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Right Johnny

We lost the War, but you winners are losing the country. We probably won't live to see it, not that I would want to, but someday the Four Whores will be on Mt. Rushmore. They will look down on a dark, cold, ruin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
obligatory Orwell

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

5 star story, 1.1 star comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 stars for something different

Also refreshing to me, is its set in a time where you can just settle your scores and maybe get away with it.

No 50/50 split, no alimony, no overbearing social structure set on raping a man when he's down.

Sure, lots of downside to the times, but now, most people are powerless.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 4 years ago
Sick -- and entertaining

So how could I not give it 5*?

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
Very enjoyable read.

I love Civil War stuff so this had an added bonus.

bob4300sbob4300sover 3 years ago
Really enjoyed it

Truly enjoyed the time period change. Hope you do more like that. I’d give it a 6 if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Oh mei...

I really like your ideas when it comes to storylines, but in my opinion you'd put more effort in quality than quantity. You have dozens of good stories here but lack the ability to develop tenson und charatcters. Bummer.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Again, A good one. Who knew JPB could do Western. Good old Texas Feb, making one good Yankee soldier after another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hey Bob,

Do you know what the penalty was in the US Army for rape? They branded a great big "R" in the center of their forehead and then let them walk home. Sherman only had to do it once or twice and the nonsense pretty well stopped. Can you imagine how much fun it would have been to be walking north, through Georgia, the Carolinas and Virginia wearing Federal blue trousers and having an "R" burned into your forehead? By the way, based on diaries and stories in PA and Western MD, there were rapists in the Rebel army to. Unfortunately, that has been the reality of war, probably as long as humans have waged war on one another.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damn, I thought I'd read all your stories (multiple times) Bob - then found this one. Thanks!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s all fun and games now but wait until he has mother and daughter both knocked up at the same time. He’ll be plenty busy then. Good story Bob, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of tour better stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Gonna be too damn tired every morning to haul freight or take care of the farm. Horny as those two women are….I’m just saying.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Typical no ending to a good story.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

JPB with a historical period piece? WTF?

That was an enjoyable read.

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

JUST a PLAIN ol’ good story, BOB. Thanks for the read

rockpaperscissor8rockpaperscissor89 months ago

Not hard to believe the story line, probably happened a lot back then. Even so, it's more fantasy than reality that the ma would share the man of the house with her daughter. A sequel would have both women carrying a new brood in their womb, and that would be quite interesting. Question is, who would he marry. Enjoyable short story.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

This one I pressed me. Good story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman7 months ago

LOL Perfect way to live

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Another fun read, thanks.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker6 months ago

👍👍🤷😁🍻💯💯

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thanks for a well-written and uplifting read! Well done!

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

I loved the relaxed pace of the story and the down to earth reaction of Emma to seeing him with Katie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great short one, Bob, thanks for sharing it.

5 stars. I like western stories.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Solid 5 here. Different setting and life.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Didn't like the Seth part, even if he deserved it, otherwise it was a very cute story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9072 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...

SIMILAR Stories