All Comments on 'A New Beginning Ch. 03'

by Fliccy_sub

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

This is a really good story. I think it is on a par with Tefler and RipperFish for this genre and I hope you have plans to keep going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good Job Again

You are doing a good job. I'm glad you're talking your time with Choi and the heroine as has been suggested. Your military advisors are also still giving good advice.

Good story arcs and the writing is pretty tight. I guess your main hook is why she is so smart so keep dragging that out as well. Still a few typos my friend so l'm not sure if you have an editor yet.

You have a very good story going and l wish you all the best. Not sure you are in Tefler's league but you might get there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
5 out of 5

Another excellent chapter, and looking forward to the next probably one of the best story’s on here. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

Your story is on par witb some other really good authors who write the same kind of Sci-fi material. You really have something here and I believe it's some of your best work. Keep that imagination running. I really look forward to reading your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
There is plot!

Have to say I like you DO NOT put too much into the sex part, htere are characters and story which I really appriciate.

It seem to remind me a couple of movies, Equilibrium with Christian Bale due to the "Holy company", Starship trooper due to the military culture and the "you're it till you die or I find someone better", and last the Matrix with how the PGs process the info and use the battle chips.

Keep it up!

Fliccy_subFliccy_subover 6 years agoAuthor
thank you.

Thanks to all of you who have been so encouraging.

This work is me trying something new, it has been influenced by Star ship troopers, Star Trek and my own family's military background.

My father served and so did my uncles, in a way this is my respectful nod to some of the things they have drunkenly told me.

I have also had Masses of help from two friends, one an ex-Royal Marine and one who is still with the Para's.

Any mistakes are mine though, as i'm just stubborn enough to ignore some of their good advice, and they haven't been allowed to read the sex parts :p.

Thanks again people. I hope you will continue to help out with comments and critical analysis.

Fliccy.

scorge30scorge30over 6 years ago
Really good hope to read more

I am glad to see another chapter in this story. I hope there are several more chapters soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Military time vs. Civ time

Military does not know what 4 pm is. 4 pm is civilian time for 1600.

A very good story where sex is just part of the story, not the reason for the story.

5*

Muadib89Muadib89about 6 years ago
Reply to anonymous

Modern day NATO military uses the 1600 time expression. This story is in a different time and different culture. Language and particularly expressions change. Also great story, can't see it having a happy ending if the author doesn't pull a Deus ex machina moment. And I hope he won't.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thoughts so far...

I'm impressed so far. A very well written and thought out story so far. One with depth and meaning, where the sex is an aside, not the purpose. It honestly reminds me of 'Starship Troopers' or 'The Forever War'. That is high praise, indeed. If THIS is what you are capable of, I would love to buy your book. I would buy two, one to read, one to have signed. Something to sit next to Heinlein, Drake, and Elizabeth Moon on my shelf.

Never cut yourself short. Write what inspires you, and keep going. I'm impressed.

EternalFrost

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFliccy_sub@Fliccy_sub
632 Followers
For those that read this. I apologize to those that feel that I have let them down recently. Life is never easy and I feel lost at the moment. The man who was my Father passed away in January and I have not been the same since. I have been unable to think, process things clea...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES