All Comments on 'Rose Ch. 06-10'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Developing Well

Good "whodunit" story and I feel like I am getting to know the players. Nicely written.

willieonewillieoneover 6 years ago
Fingers are crossed

I really hope you have this story completed and are feeding it to us bit by bit as I would be gutted if you got writers block and never finished it as I am hooked already and so many of my favs have not endings.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 6 years ago

So far this is turning into a who who's of minor characters from other were-war series tails. I like it!

As to this hunter, it might be a rouge. Or it could be a human who lost someone in the werewar itself and is out for revenge. Most likely working with his wife, or possibly a younger girlfriend. The more I think about it, its more likely an ex-marine, seal team 6, or delta force sniper as they are the only ones that train like this with the wife/gf being ex-CIA. Hell they could still both be on the books as active duty or when off on their own after this war ended to keep fighting. Whoever this person/s is has skills, knowledge, and patience. So he is a deadly foe.

For Rose, I hope she got medical help after that tumble with gunny as it sounded hot and painful. Then again after reading what happened with Julia when she got changed maybe the change will fix any damage. But with what happened to Maria we know its possible to permanently damage were abilities to have kids, but what she was put through, shit man. However, I'm looking forward to when Rose undergoes her change and goes into heat. Make for an odd brother and sister thing if her daughter becomes a wolf and Rose have kitts.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago
ok, we have more clues and way more questions

So far we know of 5 attacks taking 7 lives. I think I have the proper order as Telluride, Cascade, Adirondack, Gila, Santa Fe

Scrabble Pieces T - H_R - M - T_H - T

number values 1_4_1_3_1_4_1

But if the cases where 2 were killed aren't in the proper order it could be

1_4_1_3_4_1_1

1_1_4_3_1_4_1

1_1_4_3_4_1_1

It didn't say what piece was in who's mouth for Krista and Seth. The Cascade couple was thrown on the ground so total guess unless they were clearly laid in the order told.

I have no idea if those Scrabble point values have any meaning but since partwolf brought them up I'll assume they do. Phone numbers? Coordinates? Money values?

I'm burned out. Maybe y'all have more knowledge that can figure something out.

willieonewillieoneover 6 years ago
Oddball68

It could be a father and daughter team and they spelling out the name of the wife/mother lost in the war and blame all were for her death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Could be a phrase

The Scrabble pieces seen so far can be rearranged as TH T TH RM. The word "the" contains the letters TH, and so does the word "death". If the order of the letters doesn't matter, this could be a phrase: "death to the ___". Not sure how to fill in the blank with the letters RM, though.

partwolfpartwolfover 6 years agoAuthor
Good to see people trying to figure out the clues!

I am cross-posting here, but the individual chapters are updated on Wattpad under username Part2Wolf. I did start a contest for those who want to figure out the puzzle, it has a $25 Amazon gift card as a prize. Head over there, catch up and join in the contest if you want.

I will finish this book, hopefully by the end of the year.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

willieone,

Maybe, but current evidence doesn't support a theory that detailed yet. Rose and Gunny believe it could be a couple or team. Allowing for quick getaways and possibly the lure and ambush of the Adirondack victim.

Since the attacks were at or from the territory edges or in the case of the hotel, clearly off pack land they need to search for any surveillance camera footage that might still exist. The further back you search it will be less likely at this point but it still must be done. I'm talking every camera within a given radius of the attack sites for days before and after the attacks. Possibly search weeks or months before the attacks. You might identify repeated visitors to the area that could indicate surveillance and planning. Identify every person and vehicle you can passing those cameras. Run all credit transactions in those same areas looking for similar names near the locations.

The local FBI agents in those areas could collect all footage and either the agency or Enrique and Josh could snoop in the credit records for those zip codes. That info could support or bust your theory.

Anonymous,

I think we still have too few pieces. More details could come from the alpha meeting still underway. More unsolved attacks could be admitted too changing the attack order and letters known. They need to get all those alpha's on board. Convince them that sharing the pieces strengthens everyone's position by making the puzzle visible.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

partwolf,

Devil is in the details as they say. lol Unfortunately for me i can't connect to wattpad anymore. I had no more than started reading over there during Luna's Angel when something changed and I was blocked from connecting anymore. Old operating system so they are probably doing the same as many sites and blocking for alleged security reasons. I don't know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Follow the Money

It could also be a sniper team that was hired purely for money, with no personal connection. As the cost of a .338 sniper rifle starts at $1000 and up, add to that a scope at $1000 to $4000 and there might be enough of a money trail to follow. Also look into firing ranges that offer 400+ yard ranges that were visited by a M/F couple.

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneover 6 years ago

partwolf, I read up on Wattpad the stuff you haven't posted here yet. I don't think I solved the puzzle, but I think I figured out who is behind it. Since I'm not signed up on Wattpad yet, I'm posting it here, did Renee's first mate have a sister?

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

Gary had parents and Linda Remington was his ex-girlfriend. No info was given on his parents at the time so they could be the "couple" Rose and Gunny believe is committing the murders. Many lifer military families have generations involved so dad may have impressive credentials . It was also stated how well known and loved he was in the military community so a friend or two might be on their own vengeance mission.

DaniellaxmjtsDaniellaxmjtsover 6 years ago
Love this new series!

A good who dunnit with great sex involved and non human element to make it interesting. I love paranormal romance novels and this is right in there with them. I read the first 10 chapters and could not put it down! Keep writing, I can’t wait to read the next chapters. What I am saying is the quality of writing is as good as the commercial novels I buy, not that I want you to stop writing this! Waiting for more...

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Linda could be a key at this point if the idea of Gary's family/friends being behind it is valid. She could supply names and backgrounds as she knew them. Even take a risk and contact them. Gauge their reactions to her because they would know she was a Were now. It could tip off that they were being examined however. They may try pumping Linda for information as well. Some well placed disinformation could be used to lay a trap.

I think the objective of all this is far more than simple vengeance. That could be achieved easily. Spreading the pain broadly, as the suspect(s) have, could provoke one or more packs to take actions (killing trespassers on sight for example) which could jumpstart the war again. Each action touching off reactions and feeding upon itself. Then the instigators can just sit back and enjoy the show.

If that's the case then this story could end up being a preamble to a "Were War II". An ugly tale that would be.

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Of course with this being set back in the timetable of all these interlocking stories the doomsday result must not happen. It does however, still leave a lot of room for pain, death and souring of interpack and interspecies relations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
intel

something does not quite add up with this. how would the sniper be able to know a person was a wolf when they are in human form? wonder if the government/military has a data base involving names/images of known werewolves in human form. also I wonder what the word/name the killer is spelling or perhaps it has to do with the points.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Suspects

To me, the most obvious suspect - and also (in my opinion) the incorrect one, is the 'original' Black Ker. That being said, although she probably has sniper training (having worked for the CIA) she has no obvious reason to hate weres, and depending on the timeline of this story vs. "My Mystery Mate" and its conclusion, couldn't be her. Her partner would be Trevor Madison, but again, there's no obvious reason why he hates weres.

Actually, the more I think about it, I wonder if the killer is a rogue were - whose motivation could be that the Alphas didn't do enough to protect them, hence he/she lost his/her family. Because whoever this killer is, he clearly knows how to hide his tracks from other weres. And how would the govt deal with the killer, if it's a were? (Or would the govt turn over the were to the Alphas for were justice?)

I'm wondering if the Scrabble pieces are a red herring, or does it mean that the killer likes to play Scrabble? It could also be a sophisticated code, but clearly the answer is someone who has had military-style training. Could it be one of Gunny's military mates? (Though again, why take out weres?) Clearly, the killer knows if the victim is a were while in human form - something I don't think most humans would know without the UV light (thinking of victim killed by knife to chest while in human form).

I'm going to have to think some more to come up with an actual guess - expecting partwolf left clues in either Ella or Renee's stories.

luv2read2

OddBall68OddBall68over 6 years ago

Anonymous,

There probably is a database in order to give reparations to the survivors and keep count. While that list could be used for ill, it is also as likely at this point that the hotel victim was just picked after being seen leaving pack land. It would be very likely anyone going on and off pack lands was a Were.

partwolfpartwolfover 6 years agoAuthor
Now that the war is over

The packs and their boundaries are public; they have been granted a legal status similar to that of Native Americans. There also also some going out and seducing humans, even pretending they are mates. Whether he was targeted or she just took one back to kill him, we don’t know.

tishangeltishangelover 6 years ago
Great story!!

I love a good murder/mystery and this one is right up there with a good old fashion Sherlock Holmes story. Great writing and great characters. Can't wait for the next installment.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 4 years ago
Burial?

Hang on a sec, you're breaking canon again.

The line about how they burned their dead during the war to hide them, but now that it's over the families can choose to bury them...

That directly contradicts everything you've said about burning the dead before - that is, that if they aren't burnt, their spirit doesn't go back to Luna for reincarnation. That's been mentioned in pretty much every serial so far, and used in specific to prevent bad wolves from reincarnation.

I've been reading chronologically from the beginning up through here over the past few days, and while your writing is very good, and quite engaging, there are a number of little incongruities like that which are jarring and pull the reader out of the story.

Still, keep up the work, I'm massively impressed by the volume you have produced. (Speaking of which, think you could update your profile with the order to read the latest few series in? I've been assuming they come later just because they're newer, but...)

skippersdadskippersdadover 2 years ago

I was wondering about the panther sex, I knew male cats had burs in there meat and was curious about how you going to do the panther sex now I know.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Hotting up nicely.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2312 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Rose Ch. 01-05 Previous Part
Rose Series Info