All Comments on 'She Told Me in a Dream'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 185 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Waaay too much back and forth

and waaay too much repeating. If you are going to constantly bounce back and forth between characters at least don't have them constantly repeating what everyone else says.

This was written poorly. Sorry, 2 stars is about the best I can give you. It didn't show any originality either.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 6 years ago
awful and boring

The first problem with the story is that the husband ..who is THE perfect magical ideal man.. who is great IDEAL lover in bed .. still physically fit ...does not need Viagra and makes a ton of money. if he is all that then WHY does the hot big tit wife get attracted to and engaged in a 1 year long fuck fest into somebody who is half her age ?

|We have no idea. We are told about the wife's attraction to the younger guy/ stud but were never told or given any insight as to what the wife is thinking when she begins to for Tyler.

In the scene with a first kiss at home the wife spends No time thinking about what that Kiss and the developing relationship means. Not 1 second is spent by the wife thinking about what this possible affair might mean or how it could impact her husband or their marriage or what it means to their family. There is not a single sentence or comment from the wife that shows she is thinking about any of this.

and the fact that that the wife at the end of the story could not recall when was the last time she had sex with her husband tells the husband does not matter. AT ALL

in other words the implication is that it does not matter how good the husband is.. how loving and considerate he has been .. how good he is in Bed or how good of a provider he is.

The only thing that matters is that some younger guy can show up and the wife... no matter how strong .. no matter how much integrity she has ...will automatically fall for the other man

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 6 years ago

the grass isn't always greener is it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Writing equivalent of Paint by numbers, cardboard characters.

Hooked1957 had two ideas, How the husband learned the affair and the humiliation of the wife at the BBQ. You could have made an interesting story with more depth and emotion with the characters. They were way too one dimensional.

The whole story was not believable and that's too bad.

About 99% of husbands who fit the profile would have read their wife the riot act as soon as they learned of the affair. They would have had divorce papers waiting.

And what AVP (after 20 years) businesswoman would be that stupid and clumsy to have an open affair with a subordinate.

For this story to work, it has to almost be a tragedy. The woman loses her head and falls in love. That's not about sex, it's about a relationship. She has to be challenged and still be unable to change her behavior.

I appreciate the effort, but this could have been more compelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Having to read three pages of each persons POV

Was three pages too many. Also, as his boss, getting involved withher co-worker would land her in legal hot water.

As a manager, if any employee was flirting or attempting to seduce their co-workers, I can oromise you HR would be on them so fast, their head would spin.

Equally important, if her husband is so fucking perfect, why did she cheat on him? That is never explained. A few compliments, a fee touched and she cheats in her perfect husband?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The end is always the hardest

I wish more authors had the ability to stick the landing so to speak. These two have been married for 28 years and there was zero emotion at it's ending, then to make matters even worse you essentially wrapped up their speration and divorce in a paragraph with no fight from the wife. Also why in the hell would the husband wait 6 months to divorce his wife? Once again we have an author unable to express real emotions besides lust.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 6 years ago
Damn

I hate cheaters. Especially like the skanky cunt in this tale. She deserved more consequences but it's good revenge. Still worth five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
he was... betrayed!

a fat cock smoked, a cornhole buggered, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Seems strange to me.

Having got all the evidence of a complete betrayal, why did he wait a further six months ?

And when that time came , it was pretty much a clean break ... no whining , no begging for a chance to explain .... nothing .

Where was the anger of 28 wasted years. What about some bitterness.

Also , flipping from one point of view to another did not make this read as enjoyable as it could have been.

Liked the plot ...... perhaps worth a rewrite in the future.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 6 years ago
First person story telling.

First person means the story is be told by one person, not every character and the family dog. This was a real mess. It has so much wrong, I won't even try to point everything out.

CrkcpprCrkcpprabout 6 years ago
Retro LW story

I know I've said this before , but this is the kind of story that was common here 10-12 years ago . Nothing wrong with that as I go back into the archives most days that I read on this site . If you prefer stories with consequences and justice for wrongs done you have to .

This could have been written by a Charlie Bear , Jack Straw , or Jake Rivers in 2005/6 in that it follows the way stories of that time were written .

I didn't particularly like the frantic POV shifts , especially among three people .

Also had a problem with the timeline , he does nothing for six months ???

But other than those glaring faux pas , I actually enjoyed this . I also added you to my Fav's so I'll get a notice when you post . Please keep writing , you've got great potential to be really good in this genre . You're kind of stories are vastly appreciated by a very large percentage of the readership in LW .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
4*s

Impressive story. Entertaining simple plot with enough character development to hold the reader's attention.

At first the POV writing style was jarring. But as quickly I became familiar with the different persons Henry, Traci, and Tyler I was comfortable with it. Really was enjoyable to quickly see and compare the priorities and concerns of the different individuals.

A very good story😀. Technically creative, sympathetic characters, and an efficient plot.

Gave you 4*s🤷‍♂️.

Thank you Hooked1957👏👏👏👏.

AMerryman 1959

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
hmm

isnt it odd how in real life, someone can be that smart yet throw away a husband, family, career, and self respect so easily?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
One Anony wrote:

"About 99% of husbands who fit the profile would have read their wife the riot act as soon as they learned of the affair. They would have had divorce papers waiting."

Apparently that number isn't as high as 99%, or this would be a very boring category. And, of course, "as soon as they learned of the affair" is inconsistent with having the divorce papers ready. While an affair like this would lead to divorce in a lot of cases, there are probably just as many in which the husband tries to win back his wife. That's just the way the world works.

Another anony wrote:

"isnt it odd how in real life, someone can be that smart yet throw away a husband, family, career, and self respect so easily?"

Might as well substitute spouse for husband in that, because men can be just as stupid as women in this regard. Is it odd? Maybe, but it's less uncommon than odd.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
The whole explanation is . . .

. . . boredom. Traci was bored with her life, as comfortable as depicted, even as good in bed as we are told, and was fascinated by something new. This happens all the time in life, in situations in which men and women work together.

Henry may have been a good man, but Traci saw him, every morning, with his hair a mess before his morning shower, with bad breath before he brushed his teeth in the morning, she had seen him when he was sick and puking, when he was standing there in his tighty-whiteys, when he was at his least attractive rather than his most. Tyler, on the other hand, she had only seen when he was decently dressed, freshly showered, and at his most charming. This stuff happens all the time, with both sexes. The only surprising thing is that the adultery rate isn't closer to 100%, and it probably would be if it weren't for some people being fat and ugly.

(Ever notice how the cheating wives are all hot, hot, hot, all looking younger than their real ages? Nobody writes LW stories about plain or overweight women.)

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingabout 6 years ago
The writing is fine...

but the constantly changing perspectives really hurt the story for me. If you are telling a story from the first person perspective, stick to one character. If you want to cover multiple characters, you should be using third person. Even in third person, switching between characters as much as this story did hurts the flow of the story. It's also annoying when the exact same scene is told from multiple perspectives or when you switch perspectives for one small paragraph( and in this story even one single word). I feel like the author has a lot to offer, but I can't see myself reading another story written in this fashion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
look, we all know reed richards is a cuck

but he's correct. he may not know why, but he accidentally is.

Men start producing more estrogen as they get older, and women start producing testosterone.

This lines up perfectly with how the husband reacted. Not hot headed, but more calculated and emotional. His biggest gripe was about his wife's emotional affair. That's what women usually get hurt most by, and in his 50's he'll have more female hormones.

His wife is acting like a horny stupid selfish teenage boy. The only difference is young men are conditioned in Western society to 'keep it in their pants', 'rub one out', 'think with your other head'. You hear phrases like, "men are dogs/wolves". Society conditions men to be very aware of their hormones and to at least TRY to control them. But a woman has the opposite experience. They are groomed to laugh at and condescend about how much more cool headed they are. And hormonally that is very true, until she gets her first taste of testosterone in her 30s or 40s. Then she is basically as savvy as a 15 year old teenage boy who discovered his dick for the very first time. And without any social conditioning she's lost at sea. You'd think years of wisdom would help, but not really looking at the marital statistics.

INB4 cucks: "b-but...married older men cheat toooooo" calm your holy white knighted tits. there is a reason for that. Older men will cheat, usually with a younger woman, for that emotional high. It's why he's so compatible with a younger woman with more estrogen than testosterone. She wants the same thing. And yes, some men don't exclusively eat soy, and still have enough testosterone left over to want to sow their seeds on more fertile land. Also, this is about the author's story....which is super common due to those above listed biologic reason. Not whatever sophistry reed richards of the cucktastic four meandered through. :-D

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 6 years ago
Good story

The switching perspectives took a page to get used to. It worked well. The daughter's reactions would have been interesting although not needed.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
As for the story itself, . . .

. . . it was a bit to rote for my tastes. It had the same old, same old in it: good, loyal, faithful husband, wife who is supposedly smart but turns out to be stupid, private investigators, video evidence, and a husband who gets his revenge by shaming his wife in public. Even the same old same old can be interesting if better written, but this one wasn't.

One major nitpick: Traci was an assistant vice president, with twenty years at her company. Since she wasn't immediately smitten by Tyler's charms, this being 2018, she, or another ranking supervisor, should have told Tyler to cool his jets around the office; he was a walking, talking sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. No national company tolerates that kind of behavior so openly these days.

kimi1990kimi1990about 6 years ago
Sorry, but this just wasn't very good.

Others have mentioned the constantly shifting POVs, but it was just dry and lifeless. There are only so many things that can be done with this plot, so in order to keep the story fresh, the characters have to carry the load. They just didn't. It's the characters who drive the story, the things they do and how they react to the events. You didn't invest enough energy and emotion in them to make them interesting. Better luck next time. I'll give it a three.

InescuInescuabout 6 years ago
Flat

The main characters were all a bit flat and unemotional. It seemed like they were telling someone else's story rather than their own. The husband seemed more annoyed than angry and why the hell did he let this continue on for the better part of a year? That made no sense. There was no reason given why he didn't simply file for divorce after the first round of evidence from the PI.

Not a bad story and I look forward to more.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Trope after trope after trope

This story has to set the record for changes in first-person perspective. A lot of the changes were only a single paragraph, and one was just a single word! Writers: please stop doing this.

The story was filled with so many tropes, it practically wrote itself: the flawless husband, the hormonal wife, the young pussyhound, the unethical workplace, the magical P.I., etc.

Traci’s character is impossibly cartoonish. I have never met a 50-year-old woman who thinks or behaves like her. A wife of 28 years who sparks an affair for no reason other than animal attraction? A 50-year-old woman who is so horny, she just HAS to have several “screaming orgasms” several times a week? Who counts how many orgasms she has, and where and how often her lover cums? Who is a VICE-PRESIDENT of a company who flirts with a subordinate so carelessly, in the office and in a public bar where people know her, that everyone in town knows she’s having an affair?

This seems like a “MILF fantasy” written by someone under the age of 30, who has no experience with older women.

A few lingering questions:

— Why didn’t Henry confront his wife after the very first confirmation that she was having an affair? What, exactly, was the purpose of collecting six months’ worth of evidence?

— This 50-year-old guy hooked up with a 26-year-old, and has women beating down his door? Clearly, he didn’t stay in the relationship because he was afraid he’d be alone!

— Why would he pay to send the PI to New York when he already had six months worth of evidence stored in his gun locker?

— How did he hook up the super-creepy home surveillance system to the backyard big screen so quickly?

— A 50-year-old guy knocks out a fit, muscular, 26-year-old in a fist fight. Yeah. Right.

According to Crkcppr, this is the type of story you’d find in this category all the time 10-15 years ago. Thank god we’ve progressed since then!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dry and emotionless

Why would a husband stick around for six months of sexless misery, just for the off chance of finding the perfect moment to let everyone know about her cheating?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The bad part

Is always the lies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
BTB

If there ever was one, this was a scorched earth burn her to the ground story. She needed to be on the street after the party. I’m not usually a BTB kind if guy, but this one deserved it. Wayyyy to easy on her

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

"Although I was tired of hearing the Tyler updates, I should have been concerned when they stopped altogether." - This is SO old! The new guy that the wife just CAN'T stop talking about, suddenly vanishes from her conversations; it ALWAYS means that she's getting involved and doesn't want to make her husband suspicious, but instead DOES make him suspicious! It's like either cutting back or ramping up sex with her husband, it arouses questions of "Why?"

I'm sorry, but I feel myself being drawn into the camp of those who want to know "why" a loving wife, who has always been beautiful (i.e. NOT an ugly duckling turned into a swan!), and should be used to male attention, is suddenly swept off her feet by a younger man and doesn't slap him into next week when he gives her a kiss! It's particularly puzzling here because there is no sign that her husband is in the least inattentive or unappreciative of his wife.

Henry's a good lover, if not as good as he used to be, with "incredible fingers and magic tongue," a great man, a good provider and father, and that's not enough for her? He could probably say similar things about her, you don't see him chasing after some young thing at work!

She KNOWS it's wrong, but is doing it anyway?

As his boss, she HAD to back off! Even though he is willing, maybe even the instigator, if things blow up she could lose her job.

Are women's pussies that sensitive, that they can tell if a cock is reaching an inch farther in? I can understand feeling the extra thickness, but unless it's a monster dick I wonder if most women can really tell the difference in length.

"I hope her husband realizes what a lucky man he is." - If it's not already too late I hope SHE realizes what a lucky woman she is before she loses Henry. Unless she wants to stay with Tyler?

She's presumably had projects like these before? Has she stayed out so late working on and celebrating them before? The project is done now, how can she stay late?

"If anything, Henry probably benefited from my tryst with Tyler this morning" - Oh, no, not THAT bull crap!

"Then again, maybe she hadn't figured it out" - Of course she hadn't! If she had, she would have cooled things with Tyler and redoubled her efforts with Henry.

She's excited at being called a GILF and a Gang Bang Granny?

LOL, SHE'S jealous that the guy she's cheating with has a date?

It's probably too late, but if Traci was smart she would take Julie as a sign to end things with Tyler!

"I thought I told you to dump her, for god sakes." - When did THAT happen? I don't recall ANY talk about exclusivity in general, let alone any particular woman.

I'm too lazy to look back but it doesn't seem like six months since her figured it out.

"Look, Henry, it's not what you think," - They always say that, but it's EXACTLY what he thinks, she's a cheating slut!

One of them might have to go, but it can't be Tyler. As the subordinate he can charge sexual harassment, especially if he is punished. IF she keeps her job, Tyler needs to be offered at least a lateral move, maybe even a small promotion, to another department.

"He was certainly no better than Henry?" - What about that extra inch dick reaching "places in my pussy that Henry had never touched?"

She actually DID question their lack of love making, but didn't pursue it enough, never even made the connection to her affair.

The co-worker guessed that Traci was screwing around on him and didn't give him a heads up? That would disqualify her in my book!

Haven't there been any gatherings at the kids' yet? There certainly WILL be!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
POV Shifts

The answer to different POV's is third person.

In any case, I agree that there are a) too many; b) many too short; and c) too repetitive.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 6 years ago
@ The Whole Explanation is

This is a fantasy story right, never stated as being true,but could be true.

ReedRichards pretty well nailed it. It happens all the time.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
It was a good read

The changes in voice worked reasonably well because they were flagged by the author. It's known as the 'omnipotent narrator.'

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
It was OK . . .

. . . but emotionally dry. 3*.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
Or omniscient narrator. Even.

Dang!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Although trite and repetitive in spots, I was generally ok with the pov changes...except from Tyler. His elections added absolutely nothing to the narrative.

I'll echo others in noting that the whole thing was flat. Aside from noting that the himbo was charming, there's nowhere near enough justification for her cheating. Nor is there an explanation of why on earth her husband would have twiddled his thumbs for months after getting the evidence. I could see him waiting if he had the public shaming planned in advance, but it happened by chance, so this is a major flaw in the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Meh

Middle of the road. Had you limited the POV shifts to only one or two per character, it might have helped. Plus, this is a open site, skimming over what was supposed to be mind numbing sex is just asking to get bad scores. To be honest, a rewrite clearly up these and some of the other points made could turn this story around.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
There was a good story in here, somewhere.

But the manner in which you told the story was just irritating and that detracted from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not enough btb

This bitch really didn't show any remorse. After 28 years of marriage, I expected more on her pov about losing a great husband. I think we need another chapter showing her post Henry life and how miserable she is. GREAT STORY. I gave it a 4. Would have gotten a 5 if the bitch showed some really heartfelt emotion at the loss of her marriage. There just didn't seem to be any real remorse for someone who was in a GREAT marriage for so many years. The ending fell kinda flat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
30 yrs in a good marriage and turns into a cold bitch

What about the children, she became a whore. No remorse , seems like a unlike story after all they where to each other untill she meet Tyler. Story was cold and missing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
needed a lot of work and I felt like I was watching a tennis match with all the jumping

needs a lot more work. I felt like I was watching a tennis match and my mind got whiplash from all of the jumping from person to person.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 6 years ago
WTF

Not only did I have to grovel to keep my job at Geiger, but I wound up having to have sex with Ben one whole weekend while his wife was out of town.

Geiger is one big sexual harassment place to work.

One should never play at ones own home at a party for your co-workers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Funny but

ReedRichards

1. The cheating rate is 55% for wives and 60% is for the husbands.

2. The cheater spouses are thives, time thives, because the cheaters steal that time from the faithful spouses:

2.1. because the faithful spouses could look for extramarital sex activity (sex with other women or other men, prostitutes, etc) if the faithful spouses stay married for example for the sake of the kids.

2.2. because the faithful spouse could divorce in time to look for newer mate for themselves. The cheating spouses steal this time from the faithful spouses to find other newer mate!

3. According to the 2. paragraph the cheater spouses decrease the FREEDOM of the faithful spouses to decide about their fate and only the decision about the fate of their marriage go to the hands of the cheaters. This decreases the all LIBERTY of the sociaty in the all countries (From USA to Russia). The faithful (from the ignorant to cuckold or cheated on wives) became slaves of the cheater spouses!

4. According to survays about 93% of the people told they do not like or even they hate their spouses cheat on them only 7% such people are who do not care about their spouses cheats or faithful at all! This mean the vast majority of the 55% cheater wives and 60% of the cheater husbands are HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!

5. The divorce law in the most countries punishes the faithful spouses.

6. The BTB stories are popular, because the cheated on spouses get back their freedom and mend the mistake of the divorce law in the most BTB stories and they get bach their backbone in them!

boatbummboatbummabout 6 years ago
Enjoyed The Dry Humor!

The BBQ scenes were great, thanks for the laughs!

I agree with others that the consequences seemed a bit tepid -- for both Traci and Tyler. At the very least, Traci's daughters should be shunning her, and Tyler deserves a thorough ball-busting in a dark alley.

Oh well, maybe next time.... ;-)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@ReedRichards Re: "The whole explanation is . . ."

Re: Morning breath - So, what about when they spend the night? Don't the lovers have morning breath? Or is she just more forgiving for them?

Re: Plain or overweight women - Sounds like an interesting idea! It would certainly make her susceptibility to flattery more believable!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
re: WTF by dragonmann72

Yeah, that's where the story really falls apart. While in many cases they would pick the one who is more valuable to the company, with all the material from the PI and the video from the party, it's too widely known that an Assistant Vice President was fucking a subordinate. Tyler may be a schmuck, but he is the one who would have a great case against the company.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@MattblackUK Re: "Omniscient Narrator"

I could be wrong, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but even an omniscient narrator should be third person, not multiple first persons.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "re: WTF by dragonmann72"

Meaning no insult to her abilities, in a large insurance company there have to be literally dozens of VP's that could do her job at LEAST almost as good as does. It's not like a law firm with a superstar litigator, or a salesman who is always out-selling the other salespeople, or a high-tech firm with a top idea man/woman.

IF, they felt that she was THAT good, they'd move her to another department, either in another building, maybe even another location, with a write-up in her personnel folder. She can certainly kiss any career advancement good-bye!

And forget "internal restructuring" costing Tyler his job! He gets a shark lawyer, gets a big payout and a glowing letter of recommendation!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well

Should have left the cunt broke, jobless and homeless.

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
My God, that multiple POV is annoying!

Telling a story from 3 distinct viewpoints is worse than shaky cam in movies, because sometimes the shaky cam works. Narrating this way is jarring in the way that it pulls you out of the flow of what is happening.

It does prove the theory that any mediocre story in LW that has the cheater exposed and tossed out will get you a decent score.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 6 years ago
Divorce was OK but

Henry should have told his grown children why mom and pop are getting divorced and why he won't be around on the special occasions when his slut ex-wife is there. If asked he should give the children the full scope of her year long affair. Traci would then know what her betrayal fully cost her.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
WHEN CHEATERS KNOW WHAT THEY DID

and finally realize the ultimatums, what really goes on in their minds, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

After the discovery, it sort of just followed the numbers. It didn’t develop the tension needed to be a really excellent story.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 6 years ago
GOOD STORY!

We had a saying back when the world was young and I was going to live forever that went something like this: “Boy! did he throw a firecracker in the Shithouse. (Yes they existed back then.) Well H1957, you didn’t throw a firecracker, you threw a nuke.

For what it counts, I had no trouble following the clearly defined POV shifts, and I really enjoyed the time spent reading it, since it was FREE. If I’d shelled out $4 or $5 I might be ‘more picky’. I gave you a 5.

As much as I enjoyed the story, I enjoyed the comments even more. Of particular note was the comment about saying the story is a fairy tale. DUH! It’s on a F I.C.T.I.O.N site. FYI that’s just adult for fairy tale.

I just finished a book on creative writing that teaches multiple 1st person POVs are acceptable, but must be handled skillfully. The writer suggested making the skip at chapter breaks, but I don’t think that’s practical in a short story. At any rate we shouldn’t confuse the reader, so I guess we must keep our target audience in mind. The warning of not confusing the reader holds for 3rd narrator also. Word of warning to all writers—many readers on this site, myself included, are easily confused.

Not to insult anyone, but I think ReedRichards has the best handle on the whys and wherefores of this story. People do some incredibly stupid things when they see youth, and even middle age slipping away. Who can say for sure they wouldn’t fall temptation to experiencing that thrill of first time sex again? I say only our moral compass, (which goes under many names) keep us from making fools of ourselves—and screwing up our lives, at least once in a lifetime.

I was glad to see the keyboard commandos are still out in full force—man, I bet you guy’s personal graveyard is getting crowded.

Hang in there Hooked1957—my first car was a 1957 Chevy and I still have fond memories of that thing with its big bench seats. Lordy, Lordy, if those seats could talk…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ok story

the heartless Cunt wife got away with very little damage. No mention of how the kids took it. He should have sent the video to them and any of her relatives. After all she did turn out to be nothing but a Cunt. Also, there wasn't any emotions from either of them. That took away from the story. Glad he did divorce her and moved on but dam! 28 years can leave a big hole in the one cheated on.

cpetecpeteabout 6 years ago
Fun read

and a good tale. nice to see the mind set for all involved. Thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
How does.....

Any man with balls live with a cheating cunt after getting verification of her cheating?

Both the kid and he could sue the large business easily. No way she keeps her job and her boss must be brain dead to get it on with her. Could have been 5*, but 3 at best. Try again.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Just good

Just a really good story. Satisfying in all respects.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It was fine. The usual brain failure, from a woman who was previously intelligent, and ethical.

Its OK, it doesn't have to make sense. The story was never about why a loving loyal woman becomes a lust obsessed cheating whore. It was just that she did, and how the husband found out, and what he did about it. That was the plot. That's almost always the plot.

The children, the family, their friends, none were involved in this story. How realistic is that? She's not just fucking another man, she has entered a love affair with another man, and the only way the husband knows is because he has video and audio proof? If you can't tell that your spouse no longer loves nor respects you, then you didn't have a marriage relationship worth preserving. Easily the most lame point in this story is the very first sentence. What a cop out. No wonder the wife lost her respect for him. When you stop listening and questioning, you stop caring. In the end, Traci became another man's lover because it was fun and exciting, and she didn't have any sense of conscience or guilt. Henry had indulged and spoiled her with his version of love and trust, and she paid him back with contempt and betrayal. He was married to a slut, and didn't find out until she actually told him herself.

Men age like wine, women age like cheese. Traci has yet to realize what she has given up for a few months of boy-toy sex. She gave her dignity and her marriage away for Tyler. She's just at the beginning of realizing all that she has really lost, for the rest of her life.

andyinozandyinozabout 6 years ago
Should have ended the marriage as soon as he got the PI report.

"I might have eventually forgiven her if it was just sex" .... FFS !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hard to read

Choppy thoughts from multiple people needed to be integrated into conversation. It read like three different stories. Good plot but poor execution.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I agree A tough read

But Henry just could not pull the trigger and expose the whole thing to the world. For the most part "small" events are not making sense a spouse does not have to keep a cardex of these... Kick the spouse out the door.. 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Format is not good

I gave up after a page, because of the fractured narration. This is not an effective way to tell a story.

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
The whole story left me sad

Earlier today I read an article that said that the HR always considers the subordinate as the victim. Tyler would have taken them for a pile!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow!

Finally, a real, true to life story.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
:)

lol i liked it was a nice little flash story if u just read heney's dialog

ilimitadoilimitadoabout 6 years ago
Good story; What a SHIT Bitch!

Good story. I'm amazed he didn't kill someone!!!!

starmanfivestarmanfiveabout 6 years ago
Excellent writing. Full of tension, and concise.

Now that's my kind of story! Kudos! *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

The wife cuckolded her husband for nearly a year till her husband found out and the PI provided proof. Not being cuckold wimp he sensibly divorced her. After the event at the party with most of her coworkers there I'm rather surprised she went into work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
How sad

that consequences are never considered.

JJ

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 6 years ago
A simple question...

Why didn't Henry divorced her the second he got the first PI report?

What was he waiting for, especially given how cool he was toward her ever since he learned about the affair?

That's pretty much my sole issue I have with him, though - he didn't make any excuse for her, didn't find any justification to still have sex with her, got rid of her at the earliest convenience. 'Could have gone Torched-Earth - 'wouldn't have mind it - but I guess he was ready to move on to better things.

As for Traci... them skanks will never make any sense to me. Giving up the love of your life for a kid that obviously using you as a sex toy... pathetic.

One hell of a sad story. As it is usually the case, around here...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Meh. Ok, I guess.

A good premise but the endling fell a bit flat. He waited all that time and that was the limit of his revenge? If that was all he wanted, he should have binned the festering, rotten crotched slut when he found out on day one. And while on the subject STDs anyone? Surely the family and kids would like to know all about it?

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
TOO CLOSE FOR WHAT??

So one of Traci's co workers called, why not go it with her. Even fuck her. Where she works is irrelevant. He hasn't even seen the cheating slut in a year so why does fucking her coworker have to be off limits?

And why, with all that evidence does he wait so long to have the slut served with papers? That made no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

How many dumb woman/ men go and destroy happy families for a little strange . Many supposedly happily married women were fucked by guys I knew younger or older . Most guys that would fuck a married woman were jerks and would fuck anything that would drop their pants. How are smart people so dumb to risk all for something new and different. They don’t just destroy the spouse with this but kids , grandchildren, parents friends etc , lives turned upside down for nothing but selfishness.

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
How many indeed, Anonymous

But I suspect that there are a lot more who have "a little strange" and get away with it. Either they don't get found out, or they resolve the situation if their infidelity is discovered.

Lue

carvohicarvohiabout 6 years ago
My take...

I'll agree with most of the complaints, but that's not what I'm here for.

Over the years it's incredible how many cuckold husbands find out but don't do anything right away. They need proof, more information, and it always seems o take forever. Henry let this drag out for a year, and his wife didn't figure him out? For me a long time to get more information would have been two weeks, and then I'd probably blow things sky high. I have no patience with all the research and such.

Thanks for the story.

Jedd Clampett

WoodsLord_3540WoodsLord_3540about 6 years ago
Overall, an Okay tale.

I agree with most everyone about Traci too easily falling into an emotional affair. That, along with abandoning Henry, is what offends.

But the amusing issue to me is the technology: Just how was the big flat screen suddenly connected to the surveillance system? And Henry says the system was last used with the kids. So how does he conveniently have an app for controlling it on his phone? I found that amusing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not Good...Not Terrible

Not one of your better stories. Time for a GNO (Girls Night Out) stories. Or maybe his friends take over every aspect of his life, including his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Slack

What sort of husband let's his wife fuck around for six months without doing anything about it.What would have happened if his wife had ignored Tyler inst was of blowing him,would he have continued doing nothing?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
JUST TOO FAR FETCHED...

...to really get into it.

It IS fiction, but needs to have some semblance of reality.

Paul in Oklahoma

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 6 years ago
You're a really good writer...

You write well, very well. The story though, has the husband knowing his wife was cheating on him several times a week, including several long trips out of town with her lover, and he did practically nothing about it for 6 months? Wow.

Husband goes without sex, but allows wife to cheat as much as she wants for 6 months. Plus, hubby assumes her affair has lasted about a year. It's difficult to scrape up any sympathy or respect for him. Although I didn't read all the comments, I'd bet that's why your story scored as low as it did.

Like I said though, I think you're a good writer so I gave you 4 stars. Maybe just add a bit more testosterone to your future stories - and I do hope you keep writing. Just don't let the husband allow himself to walked on. Maybe show more remorse and regret from the wife. She didn't act all that upset about wrecking her marriage; seemed like more of a shoulder shrug and a very brief, perfunctory attempt for counseling or something. Still a good story though, thanks for posting.

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeabout 6 years ago
nay sayers. blah

It was all in the timing. The divorce had to wait for the unveiling of his revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Too much cuckie for me

If you think it takes six months to get the timing right before you have your whore served than......you are a cuckie! If you write this kind of stuff continually....then you are a cuckie! Way too many cuckie's out there for my taste....sayonara cucks.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
It's

Funny how a marriage goes down the toilet! When in actual fact 99% of marriages are salvageable or they can be saved talk to a marriage councilor or shrink!

Everyone on this beautiful Planet Earth is entitled to a second chance!

Anyway Thanks Good story★★★★★ WOOF!

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago

Once the PI had to goods it was time to make plans and shelter the money before dumping the shank. He let the affair go on over a year and embarrass himself in his own house - he earned his 'cuck' award. What was he waiting for - he had the goods and he knew it wasn't stopping.

Where were the their two kids? They kept out of it and never saw anything weird. A Daughter remaining clueless - not. Hook you fumbles that part of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Really like your writing but....

The cheaters usually get off way to easy. Lot of crime in New York. I am just saying.......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Out with a wimper, not a bang

I enjoy your writing, and your stories. This ending, like a few of yours, seemed to end with a wimper though, and not a bang. I am not referring to a btb type of ending, but that the story just kind of petered out at the very end. I was surprised when at the party Henry stated that he had known of the affair for six months - how can you as a husband live with that for that long? There was no apology from Traci, nothing to Henry that would indicate she actually cared for him. Without that, there seemed to be little cost on her part, so no to little satisfaction, either.

Thanks for writing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 6 years ago
Enjoyed it

Your characters need more emotional authenticity to make it resonate better. Married that long and you wrote her as if she was simply shrugging her shoulders when she was found out. Which makes her last line unbelievable.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 6 years ago
What the?

An assistant vice president delegates authority. She's not there to work late trying to finish projects. She delegates and assigns people to various jobs, and work late if need be so that she can be home at normal hours. So you missed out on that one. But not only that, it seems you missed on the story as a whole. I started with the first story and read down to this which will be my last as your stories seem to be getting weirder. Each one worse than the other, And I see that I'm not the only one critisizing your work. I disagreed some with the first story but to me it was still a little passable,but the rest just kept getting worse. No way can anybody believe that a woman could be as stupid as you want to portray the women in your stories. Or a husband that won't stand up for himself until six months later. Nor say anything to the wife? Come on I don't think you're really that stupid to think anybody will even consider your fiction. As I've said before. Make it belivable, make us believe that something like that could really happen. Don't just borrow from other stories to finish yours. You have good talent. Use it.

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
28 years

women married that long don't care at all about sex. A big bank account makes them cum.

desertdog43desertdog43almost 6 years ago
Woulda been 5 stars, except he didn't sue the insurance co. for some righteous $$$$

That way her rep. & job would of been toast....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Just another cuck story

Hey literotica, why don't you make a separate "cuckold" catagory and leave loving wives for loving wives and not closet gays.

forsure798285forsure798285over 5 years ago
Great story

A great read! A well put together story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He Only Hit Tyler One Time

He should have pounded the hell out of him. Then sued the insurance company for lots of cash.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
Karma can be a bitch

Old broads can be so stupid sometimes.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
If it's an uppercut

Place it squarely under the chin, they drop like rocks and less chance of hurting your hand.

Not sure why he was so patient with her, 6 months after finding out? Maybe if he had some convoluted revenge plan, but he didn't, did I miss something? Why the wait?

Sometimes with fiction you want ordinary, sometimes you want the extra-ordinary, this was very much in the ordinary section.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Reread

Still like it. Pretty easy on the bitch all things considered. Divorce didn't put a crimp in her whoring around. Tyler fared a little worse, but not that much. Overall, a fairly gentle BTB.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
5* but

more emotion more passion more angst.

too many lw stories on lit are missing this, cheating is a cruel brutal betrayal and many stories lack the sense of desperation loneliness and despair that it heaps on a victim,

.

SkubabillSkubabillover 5 years ago
Another good story

Although Hooked1957 writes really good stories there other "loving couples" writers like Just Plain Bob that do a far better job with the revenge aspect. Tyler should have had a testicle or two removed.

RanDog025RanDog025over 5 years ago
A 5 STAR STORY!

I LOVE THE REVENGE TYPE STORIES SUCH AS THESE. AFTER MINE I REMAINED SINGLE EVEN TO TODAY. I GOT THE KIDS, THE HOUSE, EVERYTHING AND SHE WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO SHOW IN DIVORCE COURT. I'VE NEVER TRUSTED ANOTHER WOMAN OTHER THAN MY 4 SISTERS AND MY TWO DAUGHTERS. THANX HOOKED1957. GREAT STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good until the end.

You put Henry together with Julie just to satisfy the "old man" fantasy. That was highly dubious. And having Traci fucking Ben was simply ludicrous. Are they all sex-crazed maniacs in that Company? Why would Ben give Traci all that power? She goes to his wife and the Board and he's divorced and out of a job. Is ANY pussy worth that risk? So that seemed stupid too. But the corker was at the very end. Traci was going to "fade" from Henry's life? I don't think so. Not with two kids together. They will ALWAYS be connected. You either don't have kids and an ex-wife or you're just clueless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Is This For Real?

Have read in any number of LW stories, " A part of me will always love her ", or variations thereof. This in relation to a cheating wife who has totally disrespected her husband and used lies and deceit to go after some strange cock.One would think the instant a wife is caught having the affair, all love would be killed outright by the callous betrayal The continuance of love for her indicates a degree of acceptance of her cheating! Ah well, it takes all types.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous