All Comments on 'A Horse with No Name Pt. 01'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
Wow! Really getting in to this!

With your descriptive powers, I really felt the sting of the snow!

And by chance I'm looking out of my window at a blizzard!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Intriguing

Like any great story it grabbed the attention with the first few statements and refused to let go. It continues to wrap the reader in the mystery and wanting to solve it.

Thanks for a great read and now I'm ready for part two.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Great writing!

K.K. you've outdone yourself!

Great story, great writing.

And a top notch mistery.

If the second part holds

this standard, this story

deserves to be turned

into a novel.

Top ratings from me.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingabout 6 years ago
By far...

the best story I've read by KK. Great start.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love the story so far...but

...but how could he board a plane without a driver's license or other form of photo ID? He'd never get past TSA. I don't think even the police could get him on board without some form of ID.

I know, I know, it's a minor point in an otherwise excellent story. Can't wait to read part 2. -- JRZ

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 6 years ago
Good Story

I like the story. 5* nice intrigue right amount of erotica in the right place. The story seduced me quickly into reading.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
HEs BEEN TO A DESERT THAT HAS NO NAME OR I.D.

with amnesia and brain damage, TK U MLJ LV NV

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 6 years ago
Excellent part 1

Very enjoyable read. Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Brilliant.

I've found my drug of choice. A top notch story and very compelling.

5*

Can't stop. I need to read part2

Thanks KK.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 6 years ago
Yeah. Well a mistake has been clearly made.

Literotica is a website for amateur authors. This is pro-quality story and clearly doesn't belong. Hmm . Ryan Gosling as Ben / Mike in movie adaption ? Emma Stone gets Kate role. That's enough for now . Onto pt. 2 . One last thing though....

Full marks * * * * *

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 6 years ago
A Flaw

There's a flaw in the story-line. The detective didn't want anyone to know about Ben just in case someone might try again to kill him. Nevertheless he took Ben to the office where he might be identified.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Slow

I'd encourage you to go back through once you're done writing and remove dialogue that doesn't add action to the story. Intros of doctors are in exams boring. Dialogue should move the story forward. A lot of it here dragged the story slower.

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Wow!

A mind blowing story. It is nice to see K.K. coming out retirement to feed the community again!

doofus67doofus67about 6 years ago
So far so good.

Well written story. Typing quickly so i can get onto part 2.

At the beginning i had visions of that snowy road scene from Fargo, but now i'm left with that damned song in my head ♫ It felt good to be out of the rain ♫

Thanks for sharing. ✯✯✯✯✯

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Well Crafted Whodunit

Still working on the overlapping characters - it's been a while on some of your stories so I'll have to skim through - I vaguely remember the Feeb from Brodericksburg who was also in Riverton - I think. Anyway, its going to be a long night of reading cause I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! Thanks - see you in the clubhouse after the back nine.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 6 years ago
Progress

A very good story. There have been other amnesia stories I’ve read here, but regardless I find them very entertaining and this is a great addition to that genre. On to the next part!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 6 years ago
Let us continue

So far so good an interesting and intriguing tale.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Excellent!

Excellent so far. I thought that he might be married, and his wife was in on it, and that's why he wasn't reported missing

C_frommnC_frommnabout 6 years ago
Excellent

Now that he is in Raleigh. I'm wondering if Sonya and 1 of his Programming buddie's are in on it but Do Not know how to sell or who to sell the App too. Can't wait to start on Chapter 2.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 6 years ago
Fascinating story...you sure have my attention.

I am looking forward to reading part 2! Well thought out...well written...easy to follow...left me definitely wanting more!

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

So far Its a very entertaining story. I am amazed at how talented a lot of you people are who write . and thanks for sharing

arzurimaidenarzurimaidenabout 6 years ago

Great story with good pacing. Not too long nor too fast. Also it is a bit lighthearted so it's an easy read!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
4*s

Very exciting! Very interesting! Very, very good story 😁.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

A little surprised the cops haven't mentioned they could have endangered Mike Sullivan's life. Bringing him to Raleigh.Hmmm🤔.

Writer's choice or detail skipped. Doesn't really matter overall.

On to chapter two 🙂.

AMerryman

monster99monster99about 6 years ago
Great Story so far

But agree with others:

1) very difficult to fly commercially without an ID, which Ben clearly doesn't have. Surprised they didn't just drive given the quoted distances.

2) Why did the detective take Ben to Raleigh, especially to his likely prior place of employment, where he would be recognized?

3) The dialogue with Kate's father upon first meeting is a little too stilted. I don't see that as happing that way. And why wouldn't Kate's mom appear for such a momentous occasion?

Overall a great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Excellent

Very engaging story, and I can’t wait to get into part two. As far as flying without any

ID goes, Hey! He was flying on official police business, escorted by a credentialed police officer, also on police business. I feel sure that they have paperwork to cut through the red tape of “No ID”. Looking forward to part 2!

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 6 years ago
good job

enjoying your story very much. I liked the way you described the picnic, saying "side items". This is a neat trick as it allows each reader to imagine their own menu.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
Very Excellent.

Exceptionally absorbing and well written story. Many bravos.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
ANOTHER MYSTERY

I was led to this story by a commenter on The Stein, another mystery story by K.K. So far, this one is even better. And nearly 13 years later! (It is rare for a writer to go even 10 years on Literotica.)

It was all fascinating, mind-grabbing. But one part that tickled my funnybone, was Ben describing Sister Mary Kathryn as "Attila the Nun" and the "Physical Terrorist."

If it continues as good as it began, it will be a Literotica masterpiece.

Paul in Oklahoma

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Love mystery especially if have cheating spouses none here but

So far so good

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Great story, enjoying it a lot

ewray321ewray321over 3 years ago
Great Story

Loving the suspense.

flareb2343flareb2343over 3 years ago
MILITARY

the military takes a dim view of jokers joining up to get out of paying child support. i know of 1 case where that happen & after it was proven it cost the the man dearly. i know that is just a story.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

The Navy would actually withhold the support from his paycheck before he ever saw it including back support. Meagan would be put on his insurance and get a dependents card so she can purchase things on base. He would also be strongly encouraged to make Meagan the beneficiary of his life insurance or at least one of them.

Excellent story! Creative idea!

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
On That Point....

Re: parental support from Navy enlistee.

I interpret the comments made by Kate regarding her failure to chase down the father of Megan for support payments as clear indication of her intent. "I realized he wasn't the man I would want in Megan's life." So she dropped the dad like he was a skip-town piece of crap and avoided the potential for him demanding access to his daughter. Strikes me as a logical action on Kate's part.

Many thanks to K.K. for rejoining the contributing authors at Lit. Clearly, your skills have improved over the years - thanks for sharing.

Keep 'em comin'.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 3 years ago

WOW !!!

What a great story.

I'm looking forward to reading the next part.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Great Story

Cannot wait to see where it goes but that's for another day.

Great story writing giving detail needed at the start then gradually ratcheting things up. So may questions left unanswered and held over to part 2. Loved the interaction between Sister Mary Kathryn and Ben and the references to Attila the Nun and the Physical Terrorist.

Def 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great page turner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story so far, well written,plausible, good characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Holy smokes, this is a great story. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

riveting, so far...

burningloveburningloveabout 2 years ago

Very well-written story! One of the best I've read in the last 5 years.

***** stars

Burninglove

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 2 years ago

This is n awesome story line going to part 2 now. Thank u for ur hard work kno it is being enjoyed and appreciated.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

This is an excellent story, well written and a well thought out storyline. 5/5

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

Really well written. Keeping my interest throughout. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent start.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Blah blah blah but still interesting enough for part 2 where Ben/Mike ends up marrying Kate. so predictable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

So implausible that it has to be true I love it (jaybee186)

mainer42mainer424 months ago

good read so far, more

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

5 stars so far! Will Mrs. Sullivan ever be surprised when the husband who ran out on her shows up back home with a couple of his buddies. Is she shacked up with one of the kidnappers? Lots of possibilities for part 2. Just hoping you hand us a shocker!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So why didn’t he want to tell Sister Mary Katherine about his condition. Stupid.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous