All Comments on 'Lamia Ch. 01'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
sorin61sorin61almost 6 years ago
Definitely needs a follow-up

Excellent writing and tension-building. Keep it up (pun absolutely intended).

Lonely_readerLonely_readeralmost 6 years ago
I read something along those lines..

..in the geek thing last month. It's an interesting concept and I already like your style, I just hope you will be able to "deliver" with more frequence, otherwise it becomes difficult to follow a storyline :-/

jlmnjlmnalmost 6 years ago
Don't sweat the wait on Double Helix

Better to get it right than fast. I'm looking forward to seeing where Lamia goes as well. This was an excellent beginning.

SmutolSmutolalmost 6 years ago
Great

Excellent combination of mystery and erotic. U just got me temped enough to read ur other stories.

ShibnicityShibnicityalmost 6 years ago
Well written.

I will freely admit I most often come here for a quick smutty read. But occasionally a gem like this catches my eye. the characterization is fascinating. You managed to keep me hooked, although I am a tech junkie so that aspect helped. Your VR ideas are amazing. Is your technology based on current developing technology or are the driving engines behind most of it largely theoretical? Oh and did i mention that I hate first person point of view but you did it so artfully I didn't mind? Kudos.

FelHarperFelHarperalmost 6 years agoAuthor

Hi, Shibnicity. To answer your question, I am mostly extrapolating from existing and emerging tech. We can already tie virtual objects to real-world coordinates and created shared virtual environments a la Pokémon Go. Most of the rest is just scaling up the processing power and connection speeds. I don’t know for sure how mature this tech will be in 25 years, but I know a lot of brilliant people are working on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Amazing

You're a talented writer, and this has to be the best of your stories so far. I look forward to seeing where it leads.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
More!

Would love to see more of this story... Excellent start !

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story!

I would love to see this story continued. And the wife kicked to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautiful

I've been through a gender-swapped version of this situation (new guy roommate unwittingly proving a better match for me than my boyfriend), even if neither of us was a robot ^ ^ So I can only say I see which way the wind is blowing—as I think you intended, Christine is just the better match for our hero. If she's not a real human, her emotions and love are real, and the smut isn't just arousing but really well written.

MementoDespairMementoDespairover 5 years ago
This is sweet

I love this story.. I really hope you continue.

I got really attached :} I get sad when stories don't continue or end .. especially if they never finish.

Thank you :}

MementoDespairMementoDespairover 5 years ago
I really love this story :}

Thank you for this. :}

I love this story a lot, but it hurts when stories end or don't continue and get a good ending.. I hope you continue this and give it the best ending and have it long. I got attached to the characters.

FelHarperFelHarperover 5 years agoAuthor

The next chapter will land very soon. I’m wrapping up now and it should be up on the site within the week.

LevindlLevindl2 months ago

I am very much enjoying this story. Unfortunately, you mentioned your story called double helix, and you stopped writing it at chapter 23 over two years ago leaving it unfinished. I wonder if you will ever go back to it and complete it.

FelHarperFelHarper2 months agoAuthor

@Levindl

The short answer is yes, I will get back to writing Double Helix. In fact, I have been writing and rewriting chapter 23 in fits and starts ever since I finished Lamia. I think I have finally figured out what wasn't working, though, so I'm hopefully going to start making progress on it again. When things are going well, it typically takes me about 3-4 weeks to bang out one of these 3-6 page chapters, and it is still weeks away, even if I do find my groove.

Some people had asked about a follow up to Lamia. There will be one, of sorts. I have two stories in mind that are set in this world that involve different characters that will be directly connected to characters from Lamia. They are long-form, probably similar to the length of Lamia. All I will say directly on them is that Sarah, Yvette, and Aidan will definitely be back, and I'll be exploring other aspects of a world that is being transformed by digital technology.

FelHarperFelHarper10 days agoAuthor

So, an update on my last comment. I'm at 7000 words on the next chapter of Double Helix. I made a mistake in my last comment, talking about chapter 23, when I'm currently on chapter 24. As has happened multiple times in the past, I was stuck rewriting the chapter because things just weren't flowing. In this case, I had a B plot that kept interrupting the main plot. Now that B plot will get its own chapter. My chapters are typically around 10,000 to 15,000 words, so I'm getting closer to getting it out.

Ideally, I would get back to putting out a chapter once a month, but I'm just not sure that is sustainable, given the time I have available. I have considered starting a Patreon for my writing. I run my own business, and I don't really need the money, but it might make me feel more accountable to my readers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
693 Followers
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Lamia Series Info