All Comments on 'New York Taxi Driving Tales Ch. 01'

by gunhilltrain

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Does this rambling snippet have a point of any kind? If it does, I don't see it. There's no conversation, no names and no story. I don't get it. You might be better to just write all this stuff in a diary or a blog.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 5 years ago

I think the first anon missed the point.

Sometimes it's enough to contemplate events that happened over a lifetime, little snippets of reality, made real as you have done here - it's important to get them written down. And once written, shared. The point is the writing, and indeed, there's a story here, but it doesn't need to be spelled out and made "obvious."

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 5 years agoAuthor
Dear anonymous:

There are no names because I never knew them and no dialogue because I could only remember what the police officer said.

i wasn't sure if the administrators would approve the topic but I noticed that they had accepted essays on a eclectic group of subjects. If they hadn't I wasn't going to start a blog; I don't have the desire or material for one now.

Anyway, at some point I'll have a comparison between the industry as it was then (mostly from the drivers' point of view) and the new Uber/Lyft reality that is emerging. I promise that it will be a real bodice-ripping page-turner.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 5 years agoAuthor

Thank you electricblue66 for your comment.

thewinedarkseathewinedarkseaover 5 years ago

I enjoyed this thoughtful vignette.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 5 years agoAuthor

thewinedarksea:

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergunhilltrain@gunhilltrain
179 Followers
Time and place matter I suppose. At present I'm between the Metro-North (formerly New York Central) Harlem Division and the NYC Transit Authority's #2 train line. Thus I'm on both the wrong side and the right side of the tracks at the same time. Anyway, for me the Midnight Sp...