All Comments on 'Balance & Equilibrium'

by Stefan_J

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
WOW

Wow, this is truely a very very tender story. Please keep up your excellent work. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Stefan_J, you said you had another story coming ..

... and it is a winner. Jake and Pen will fill in nicely for Connor and Sophie.

Thank you, Friend Stefan, thank you.

J

rgraham666rgraham666about 19 years ago
That was a very sweet story

And very hot as well.

Such a nice exploration of the emotions of loss and love, intertwined together to make a very wonderful story.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
I loved this story...

You struck the perfect balance between sweet & romantic and hot & sexy! I look forward to reading more by you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
well done

Sure do appreciate the developement of the characters. The sex is fine, but the way the characters interact is best.

If you can do it again, do so!

jakkjakkabout 19 years ago
cool

I know that sounds cheesey, but it is still how I feel about this story. It was a well writen and told story. As the reader you got to get to know them as people as well as lovers. In my book that's the makeing of a great story. Thanks for taking the time to write this story,I look foward to reading more of your work. "jakk"

Softly WhispersSoftly Whispersabout 19 years ago
Holy Shit Is this amazing!

I rarely cuss but I can't think of any other way of putting it. I don't know where you've been, my friend but boy am I glad you are back. This was utterly wonderful. A true literary piece. Congratulations. So many layers, so much depth, sexy as all get out but so much more. The sex was important to the story, almost like a third character ... but it didn't overwhelm the balance. Bravo. I wish I could give you a six. or a ten

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
My hat is off to you

You have put together the ultimate romance story. The characters are fully developed, the plot is supurb, the sex is wonderful, and the romance is exquisite. Thank you for sharing the fruits of your talents with us.

cuml8lycuml8lyabout 19 years ago
Nothing more to say

I really don't think there is anything more to say after reading the rest of the comments. Each story you write gets better and better. This one...4 Stars. Now before everyone gets upset with 4 Stars, this writer knows how much of a compliment that is ;) Great work! Seems when you struggle most, you write the best. Smooches Hon...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Smiles and Similes

Great story. I think, though, that from the middle almost to the end it bogged down some in an apparent desire to leave no thought or action without a simile or metaphor. Chop those back 10-20% and the story won't be harmed a bit - in fact, it will flow better without losing anyone.

Bridget69Bridget69about 19 years ago
Outstanding.

This was such a wonderful story. I often get bored midway through submissions of this length, but this one captured and held my attention throughout. It had engaging characters we get to know and care about, great sex, which while being elaborately detailed, never bordered on the obscene, but only added to its depth, as well as a great message about the balance between endings and beginnings, the negative and the positive. Amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Great as always

You always write wonderful stories that make me emotionally involved, as well as extremely horny. I'd have to agree with "Smile and Similes" though on the slight criticism of your erratic sprinkling of similes, metaphors, and some confused idioms. Other than that, it was a perfect story, and I love the storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Wonderful.

This is the type of erotica I love. The story was beautiful, the sex amazing, and the characters people I'd love to meet. Wonderful job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Awesome

Great story as always but now ive read all that you have made so we need more! :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
MORE MORE

Door Prize was great, Hotel Tryst was better - this was great. KEEP IT UP!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Loved It

One of your first stories i stmbled apon was HighSchool SweetHearts. I loved that story and i love this one. I cant wait to read the rest of yout writing.

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
Outstanding

The tenderness and sensualness that you put on paper is outstanding. I enjoyed the light humorous banter between Penny and Jake is priceless. Thought this was a great tale. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Well conceived...

...[ouch! the pun!] story that has a better, more relaxed pace in the strictly erotic parts than many other stories do. The initial sexual encounter is given the the proper time to develop--and, thus, takes up much more of the story, which is appropriate here. The overall plot is very good, and characters are developed meaningfully but not stereotypically, e.g. not knowing she's a "good Catholic girl" until near the end makes it more interesting, although I feel I don't know Brian nearly as well as I should. The only real (though minor) weakness is (reiterating a comment below) the overuse of metaphors, especially similes, through approximately the middle third of the story. Quite a few of the metaphors are interesting, even endearing, but there seems to be too many. All in all--a very interesting and entertaining story that is definitely well above average for this site (a high compliment).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
perfectly written

I love how intimate the characters in this story are. I also love how this story wasn't just a one page fuck fest. I really really enjoyed it and i can't wait to read your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Awesome!

Really enjoyed reading your story. I found it erotic and romantic in a perfect blend.

Keep it up!

caramelcreamcaramelcreamover 13 years ago
Beautiful...

Just beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
In regard to your generalizations about men being...

..."almost always" emotionally unavailable, more devoted to cars than to their lovemates, uncomfortable with idea of menstruation, etc.:

I just hope that these slurs upon my gender come true in *your* husband, you talentless misandric CUNT!

redbaron172redbaron172about 13 years ago
Great story

Easy reading and enjoyable.... not always just about sex... but the feelings between two people and the realization that they are in love. Very realistic...if not true!!! Keep up the good work... Loved it.

as far as the previous comment about her menstual cycle and his reaction?? well how would you like to hear about a prostate exam or something like that??? Not something usually talked about in male circles.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
What an emotional high

Your stories are so full of feeling and love for the characters. Fantastic work. Keep on writing, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The Love

Is palpable. So sweet, yet highly erotic. Have you thought about doing a rescue style story? Thank you!

hawyn808hawyn808about 11 years ago

Another great story. Love your style. Hope you come back and write more one day

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Lovely story

What a beautiful story you told

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Oh such a lovely, romantic, sexy story

This is only the 2nd story of yours that I've read; the first being "NICE GUY", and this has as well earned honest adoration & praise.

With your presentation of the characters it's obvious and understandable that they should and would most likely end up together. I'm certain that all readers are hoping & rooting for them. I liked them very much; and in many ways felt as though they were personal friends. You also gave us a glimpse into "who their friend was" and in doing so showed us quite a bit of "why & who they are".

I understand Pens' brief, fleeting thoughts about possibly creating life during their first interlude; while not planning it, she also didn't take any precautions, nor did she advise Jake at the time. Sorry; but I find that offensive. I realize that she wasn't trying or planning to manipulate the situation but that is exactly what would've happened IF things didn't work out. The next morning; she should have told him; and the they could've discussed the options. As it stands; those options are limited. If things hadn't worked out; would she get an abortion (not likely), give it up for adoption (not likely), raise it by herself (name it Jake or Brian), would she even tell Jake later?

Don't get me wrong; if it was a joint decision it'd be the absolute best way to honor their friend. A constant loving reminder of who they'd lost, and then brought another life into the world to share & build many more memories with. I suppose that they could name a girl Briana, but am not sure that'd quite be the same. However; if they didn't do that, then for whatever reason couldn't conceive again it would be a tragedy in itself.

I'm a guy; I was not insulted in any way by generalizations about men; because for the most "they're true". Does that mean that I'm like that; NO it doesn't. I'm an Ex-Marine; I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, swear, fight, etc... I am myself! I am into cars & motorcycles. I am just as much into women; even though I'm still looking for my own. I am patient & I will bide my time. I will not do One Night Stands. I have only had one sexual partner so far and if I don't meet my soul mate; then it is likely that I never have another, that's my choice and I stand by it.

Thanks;

DKP

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
So sweet and so romantic

Its probably the most touching story here. The emotions have been excellently potrayed and the characters are lovingly. The passion is evident. Thank You for such a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Excellent

One of probably my top 5 favorites. Exceptionally well- written.

SithLord6969SithLord6969almost 9 years ago
one of the best

Great story. The opening page almost lost me. I an so glad I stuck it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
story

Rally good story Just met time mauve add a little part of them in theorie future without the Child Born. I know its a little cliché button it delivers a closed end to the story.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
ups and downs

highs and lows

all necessary to achieve harmony

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

This kind of vivid writing is definitely worth being called 'art' in my book. To drag out a single scene over so many paragraphs without it becoming boring is the work of an experienced mind.

I find it just too bad that the only connection this shortstory has with its title is a few paragraphs at the end, the last of which seems out of place to me. (Perhaps I don't recall correctly, but even so, the connection was not strong or even apparent enough for me throughout the story - which may have been intended.) I would've liked it better with a couple paragraphs about it at the beginning, for example.

Otherwise, I think the characters were introduced masterfully and the erotic scenes enjoyable. Thanks for the read.

- R

ukdukeukdukeover 6 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed it. Too many authors skip over emotions to get to the sex or they give them a superficial gloss a simplistic plot device. You really opened some complex feelings and wove them through the story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oustanding Romance story

This story gets a Five Star rating only because it can't get a Six Star rating. This is a beautifully written story, well-paced, with an excellent plot, interesting and appealing characters, and love scenes which, if rather brief, always serve to advance the story. It certainly deserves a sequel.

Ginger630Ginger630over 2 years ago

I loved the premise of this story, but the overuse of analogies and lack of a connection between the characters took away from the story.

6King6King5 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous