All Comments on 'Lady in Red Pt. 03 Ch. 08'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Yus - a new LiR!

Time to read it then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
As always...

Another great instalment of this story by HDK!

Thank you as always for sharing your talent for free on Lit, we appreciate it greatly!

C

hpinghpingover 5 years ago
Wow

This is probably one of the longest waiting period for this series, but just how well crafted it is. Lots of new story plots, new high drama, just wow.

I only hope the next chapter will be up soon...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another cliff hanger

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great As Always

I check this a few other stories every night before bed and was so happy to see a new chapter. It is now 3:20am work is going to suck tomorrow but I’m still happy I stayed up to read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Welcome Back

Its been a while since you have posted in this story but it was worth the wait just realized i wasnt logged in and cant log in

Wallguy

mrkw69mrkw69over 5 years ago
GREAT

Riveting chapter. The excitement never wanes when it comes to Steve and Gwen"s adventures. It's great to have you back. I've really missed the continuing adventures.

Your stories are always a great read.

UberlootsUberlootsover 5 years ago
Best Gift I'll Get on Black Friday

Good to see the story isn't dead, thanks for the work you've put into it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
At last

I HOPE it doesn't take another 10 months for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The long wait was worth it!

Over 10 months since the last chapter but a few paragraphs in and I was back with the gripping LIR storyline. Long live the Queen and her Warrior!

drifter1959drifter1959over 5 years ago
Once again an amazing chapter

Please continue your great writing, I have followed you from the beginning and have enjoyed each and every chapter.

tangledweedtangledweedover 5 years ago
Am disappointed.

Gwen didn't cure cancer. She should have lots of time since she got fired from her day job. Slacker Queen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
worth the wait

story getting better. look forward to the next installment

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks

It’s like an early Christmas present!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Glad your back

Good to see this story keeps going. This chapter made it feel that there hadn't been a gap. I trust that whatever problems there were have gone and away for good,

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Another Great Chapter

Once more we are reading a great follow on to this endearing story, I can only say well done and let your imagination carry us forward to the next chapter.

Many Thanks

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerover 5 years ago
Awesome, been missing some Sparta action!

Just keep on rollin' with this, not soooo long of a break would be much better for us long time readers/fans.

BRAVO!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

Thank You

mithanialmithanialover 5 years ago
This was great to read

Seeing a new chapter of Lady in red was an great pick me up this morning. I'd gladly back this series on patreon if you chose to go that route. Love this series and you are of. Course it's creator and prognosticator. I look forward to more and hopefully soon!!! ;)

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years agoAuthor
I apologize to Tex Beethoven

for not giving him credit for editing this chapter. It is difficult to impossible to correct things like this on Litrotica. I think I would have to pull the story and repost it, taking days to accomplish, if it worked. He makes the story much better, Thanks, Tex!

RendeRendeover 5 years ago
A Super Story

I was so happy to finally see the next Chapter of LiR I hope we don´t have to wait so long for the next Chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Jumping the Shark

I have read some comments before that this story had become unbelievable, even absurd. That it had ‘jumped the shark’. To which I reply: get bigger sharks and jump higher! This is a great story with well developed characters and an interesting plot. Please keep writing, we’ll keep reading. (At least until you get to outer space; I’ll reconsider then) 5 stars. JPR

BILLPADGETTBILLPADGETTover 5 years ago
My Personal option

I truly enjoyed this series , I am waiting like many other for the continuing chapters,Please continue writing I read a lot of these stories and I must say this is one of the best!!!!

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
This is a great way to start the day with a new chapter in the lives of LiR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You outdid yourself with this chapter...well worth the wait!!!!!!! It seems you always surprise me with something...even a new direction... and this was no exception. Thanks so much for this new episode!! Now...I am going to read it all again!!!! :)

brownmobbrownmobover 5 years ago
Just keep em coming

the faster the better, totally hooked

mikecflmikecflover 5 years ago
Fantastic!!!!!!

I love this series and have been waiting for you to continue it. A truly great chapter that made me wish this could happen in politics for real. I hope that the next chapter comes soon considering the cliffhanger you left us with. Thank you for continuing the series.

mikecflmikecflover 5 years ago
Fantastic!!!!

Truly a great chapter that brought a lot of emotion to the fore for this reader. I for one would love it if you decided to focus on this series because I completely enjoy it. It has love, honor, courage, integrity, drama, action, and fidelity. Five stars can't do it justice in my opinion. Thank you for continuing the series and I hope the next chapter comes soon with the cliffhanger you left us with. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I love this story, it's the only one I can't wait for the next chapter, please keep it going, it gives us all hope.

I've read this novel from the beginning, look for it everyday. Your theme gives hope that this world needs.

katranmankatranmanover 5 years ago
Worth Waiting For

HDK makes us wait but delivers the goods. Excellent 5 star effort as usual. I'll be quietly but impatiently waiting for the next chapter because it's -- Worth Waiting For!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 5 years ago
ANOTHER CLIFF HANGER?

Damn you HDK! Great chapter, well written and edited. Now we all get to wait impatiently for the next one. Not fair.....................5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆

5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆

I was so excited to see a new chapter. It did not disappoint! Now I have to wait for the next. You sure specialize in cliff hangers! Keep up the great writing!

5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆ 5 ☆

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kidnappers BEWARE. You are in big trouble!

HDK, You are one of a very few excellent writers who always seem to leave us hanging and awaitning the next posting of your series.

I only wish that there was less time between posts, but understand that with any artist perfection takes time and to rush something makes it a mess, I feel that as one person said please continue with this Lady in Red series for many more years to come, also drop in one or two of your shorter tales as they are in their own rite excellent pieces of work (art).

This is worth more than the 5* we are allowed to give so from myself I times it by many many more *.

From someone who loves your style and the written word you use, so true and real.

Iceman

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic story

What a great Thanksgiving present. I constantly watch for new chapters and this one was fantastic for going where the story line had implied and setting the new direction.

DaddyIrishmanDaddyIrishmanover 5 years ago
Great job and thanks!

Was worried that it had been almost a year since the last post and installment and that the story wouldn’t continue, thrilled to see you posting again thanks! This was another great chapter and excited to read the next one when it is posted. Hope it’s shorter wait period this time but appreciate you sticking with it!

- DaddyIrishman

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5- Stars OLD_CROW

Best story on this site.

Thank you Harddaysknight & Tex Beethoven.

otr3otr3over 5 years ago
1st LIR

5*'s,1st LIR chapter i've read.Time to go and start at Chapter 1.I really hate to bring this up but i think u were mistaken when u wrote that the US of A was a Constitutional Federal Republic not a Constitutional Republic?

FabGMxFabGMxover 5 years ago
Glad to see a new chapter.

Well another cliffhanger, i think that most chapters of LIR p3 are ending this way so far. In away this whole arch makes me remember the words of Lex Luthor in the JL cartoon of the 2000s -President...me?... do you know how much power ill have to GIVE UP to become president?¡- So now that both are "civilian" again, they dont have to play with the "rules" of the Old Boys, and Steve literally have tons of money and when the time its right, its totally ruthless. Its funny in away the political stablishment here enginereed their own demise. Was a fun chapter... until the end. Hopefully youre gonna surprise us with the people behind the kidnapping, because a can see any of those politicians backing that thong, they may be assholes but not totally crazy.

In another point, i dont know how you managed to keep with all the characters that you create and introduce in the story, hopefully your beta's help with that, i do see that some characters say hi in a chapter and then puff dont appear until several chapters ahead... people like the father and uncle of Gwen, anyway its just an observation, for my account youre using close to 30-50 characters for each part.

For those that say that this story its "unreal and that jumped the shark a long time ago" I have some news... In the introduction of very first chapter of the 1st Part, HDK say that this series will need a great amount of suspension of disbelief for part of the readers, so there is that.

Finally i want to ask somethig. Do you ever think or planned a part with the parents of Steve? I mean doesnt have to be a multichapter prequel story, could be a oneshot or even a bedtime story that Steve tells to Saint and Vicky about their grandpas, and cue to the flashback parts... i dont know its somethig that was in my head for sometime.

Anyway take care and thanks for continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Please stop calling her a "Queen" over and over

This is a great fantasy story. Giving Gwen the title of 'Queen' and having people kneel to her is really over the top. The term queen is used 85 times in the chapter alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Worth the wait

A long time coming. The rest seemed to have rejuvenated your creativity. I have not been as engaged and enthralled by anything this much since "Atlas Shrugged" (Ayn Rand) and there are certainly similar themes.

More please.

laz2633laz2633over 5 years ago
It's Back!!!

just started rereading the entire saga few weeks back to remind me and then when i thought it was over this morning found this!!

So good and excited for the next chapter.

gumman51gumman51over 5 years ago
Worth the wait,

This chapter was worth the wait, but could you please make it shorter between chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

I just discovered this (these) stories and have read them from the beginning in the last couple of days. They challenge belief. The things that are said and done are impossible.... but everybody needs a hero, would like to be a hero, and these characters pass the test.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Brilliant Plot Twist, Excellent Writing

As at least one other commented: I too was re-reading the entire saga over the past few weeks and this morning was also delighted to see you had posted another chapter.

While re-reading I sometimes wondered if you had decided to suspend postings until after President Trump leaves Office. I did not imagine you would want to be seen an active supporter for any of the sides in the mess currently seen in the "news" since election night, November 2016.

Your choice - to again post, but to get Gwen honorably out of the Office while both leaving it open for her return - and cementing another cast of villains - is BRILLIANT.

The execution of your choice is some of the best storytelling I have ever read.

Your's favorably compares with the Zane Grey novels I read as a kid.

Thank you!

Craig

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
i ve btn watting

I ve watting for this, please not so long for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW

Thank you for another GREAT chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Keep it going

It was worth the wait. Please keep the chapters coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
can hardly wait

what's next? thoroughly enjoyed this chapter and am looking forward to the next. the legend of Gwen and Steve lives on. please keep this story going. SF VET

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Welcome back HDK

Another excellent chapter. Well written and edited. So many story threads to keep track of.

Congrats on coming back. I'd almost lost hope that you'd be back.

tj1976tj1976over 5 years ago
It's been out here 3 weeks!

I'm really glad you are back

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 5 years ago
The best!

What's more to say? Tremendously loved this episode. Hope there will be a new chapter soon.

AC3SandE1ghtsAC3SandE1ghtsover 5 years ago
Thank you

Don't stop! A great story so far and it's only getting better

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

Thanks for the gift of another chapter in this amazing story. I know how hard it is write such a long story. You are a fantastic story teller of a world that I wish we lived in. Eagerly waiting for next chapter, whenever you get it done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
To much fun

I am having too much fun reading your stories.

It must have taken you sometime to wrap your mind around the direction you wanted to go, as these stories reveal themselves to you! So glad you’re back, your doing a great work, I really enjoyed the stories.

Forto02Forto02over 5 years ago
First Time

First time I read this chapter. Fourth time I read the whole saga. I can't get enough of it. I know it is a fantasy, but hey!, so is cinderella and has been around for centurys.

Please, keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Thank you for your time

brownmobbrownmobover 5 years ago
sooo when do we see the next installment

please hurry up and get the next one out, sorry but getting impatient

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The rescue of a Queen.

Great to see you back in action. I’m wondering what role Saint is going to have in the rescue of his Queen?

coder0504coder0504over 5 years ago
Wow!

I had not ventured into this category until now, and decided to give it a shot. Since the ‘Lady in Red’ series had so many good ratings, this seemed like a good place to start. I just started reading this series a few days ago, and could not stop! The character development, the strong and secure relationships, and the dedication to family and country all add up to a terrific story, and I can’t wait until subsequent chapters are posted. Harddaysknight is now one of my favorite authors!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Twice as nice

Second time I've read this saga, it's even better the second time around. Please keep it going. Tony from Nottingham, England, UK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you

I have just read Lady in Red, From the start again...it is still GREAT. Thank you for continuing the story and hope to see more chapters soon. I was missing the story continuing for so long please don't keep us waiting so long....Again THANK YOU. Joe from LAKELAND,FL. Life member of the DAV....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More please

I loved this series. I hope you have more planned for it.

arrowglassarrowglassover 5 years ago
Just read this chapter again!

It gets better with each reading! I am a big fan of HDK, especially this series, and he never fails to produce a great read!!!! Thanks for keeping this going!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
AGain...

Same as the previous comment, reread and thoroughly enjoyable and love the story continuing!

Thank you.

C

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Once again the chapter exceeds my expectations

What can one say after such a long wait, just a sigh of relief that you have continued with this amazing story

Thank you very much

Hopefully the next exciting chapter is already germinating in your thoughts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why

Why as it is pure make believe is there such a long gap between chapters?.

jaymesdeanejaymesdeaneabout 5 years ago
Awesome...

After reading this latest installment, I'm in awe. Very rarely do stories this long get better with time, but with every new chapter, I find myself looking to start back at the beginning, trying to grasp every minute detail, or find something that I've missed along the way. Salute.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hokum

Yup ..hokum. But by far the best hokum on Lit! Five star Hokum . And how nice to get a new instalment when I figured the saga had come to a natural end. Many thanks HDK.

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusabout 5 years ago
Politics are all the same

It's amazing that politicians are the same the world over. Self serving and arrogant.

In the UK the people voted to leave the corrupt EU, but the representatives in Parliament are not carrying-out those wishes, and trying to subvert the will of the people for their own ends, just as it would appear the members of Congress are doing in this excellent novel.

Can't wait for the next chapter, or will it be Book 4????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
We are waiting for more please post next chapters as early as possible

Good storyline captivating

OldNewAuthorOldNewAuthorabout 5 years ago
Anxiously waiting for more

I started reading this when the first few chapters were available and was hooked. I have now reread the entire series about 4 times at various times. Looking forward to more!

mithanialmithanialabout 5 years ago
Amazing even on a re read

I normally don't re read novels. I've re read Robert Jordan's wheel of time once around book ten. I've Re read some. Of burntredstones work. And now I have re read the lady in red series to chapter 8 book 3. Even if you never write another chapter for us (and I doubt that) I will chalk this up as an amazing series that stands on its own merit as a good read. Thank you for sharing this part of yourself with us. Make no mistake I will be broken if it is not continued and I would gladly support you on a patreon site or anything of that sort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Reread

Not sure how many times I have read this. Started over when I saw this chapter was posted.

Oh how we need this story to be true in this day and age. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Next chapter

I hope you have the next chapter out very soon!

rockytop2krockytop2kabout 5 years ago
Hope this story will continue!

Just finished reading "Lady in Red" for the 5th time and really do hope the saga continues. I know there have been a number of comments about how 'hokey' or 'unrealistic' this tale has been but what's wrong with being too good to be true once in a while especially in this day and time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
you always leave us wanting more

hdave read again for the third time and really hope to see another chapter soon. at 82 don't know how long I have to wait. you do a grand job, and our country needs its heros more every day. sorry I lost my info to signin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I hope the next chapter will soon be released. I just finished re-reading every chapter!

LucivarSDLucivarSDabout 5 years ago
Excellent!

I first finished this series Wendesday. It is now Friday and I just finished my first re-read! I can't wait for the next chapter!

As a motorcycle rider, I will just point out that a passenger riding pillion can easily be heard by the driver, so conversations are easy, even at 70 mph!

This has been a great read, and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment! Great job!

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 5 years ago
What a roller coaster!

Just finished the last chapter now maybe I can get a full nights sleep instead of setting up reading. Some have made gratuitous comments about the hokeyness of some passages of this narrative. I remember reading of a young fellow in Hannibal Missouri conning his friends and neighbors into painting a fence for him by bragging what an honor it was. The young lads name was of course Huckleberry Finn conjured up in the mind of the great Sam Clemons. Sometimes it is nice to just set back and enjoy a story about a world and events that we would like rather than the sometimes brutal one we live in.

Bad news is I have caught up and now like all the rest of the “Lady in Red” fans have to await the next installment! A tip of the hat to our author. May the creative juices flow freely! Thank you, Sir, for a very enjoyable yarn. Until next time and the safe return of Saint’s queen.......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More, Please!

I read this whole tale a year ago, and I just finished it again today. You need to keep going. I love the story; yeh, some parts of it are over the top, but the basic story is sound and as feel-good as you’re going to get. Please continue!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Where

It's been six months.Where is the next chapter?.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
To Old Sage

But if my recollection serves me correctly, that trickster was Tom Sawyer, Huck was his best friend.

As far as the story of the Lady in Red.... I have been waiting for 7 months for the next installment. We need more. I guess I will reread the story in the mean time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Done waiting

Reread this over now .maybe a dozen times tired of waiting on next chapter. Can't enjoy it if have to wait 7 months to a year for a chapter. I'll not return to this author's site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More please

Please continue this story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More Please

Sir,I am very pleased to have the opportunity to read your "Lady in Red" series,I am a new user and in these numerous stories and sagas, I fortunately stumbled upon your "Lady in Red" novel, I absolutely loved this novel..And I am very excited to what the future of this novel shows.

Please do submit your next chapters as soon as possible,so we all users may have the pleasure of reading it.

Thank yoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Growth

Having read this series from the beginning it has been a pleasure to see your personal growth as a writer. Part 3 has shown significant improvements (not that the others were bad). Thank you for sharing your story, as far fetched as the fantasy may be you have found a way to keep it true to the characters.

That said I don’t know that I fully agree with Steve, Jarad, Chip and the other military men’s reaction to taking a knee during the anthem. While sitting would certainly be considered disrespectful, taking a single knee is actually a military sign of respect and one would think that these characters would at least consider that in the discussion. Regardless of personal feeling, the characters presented would recognize that fact.

But then again, we are talking about one small detail in a story that has us believing a blind old fortune teller leads to the rescue of 50+ and a single man swinging off a helicopter ladder can take out nearly 100 pirates without getting shot stabbed or trampled to death.

myassisdraginmyassisdraginalmost 5 years ago
Waiting.

I'm hoping to see another instalment soon too. A long series as complex as this one takes a lot of energy, not physical but more mental and emotional energy. Going back it has taken close to a year for the next chapter to arrive. It has taken our scribe 6 years to get this far and for NO reward other than our votes and comments.

Thank you HDK and please get part 3 chapter 8 up real soon.. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful ... please word wizard could we have some more

Love the story, have re-read a couple of times. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
More Please

Please Sir, may I have some more? Excellent story and I hope you will write some more in this series soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Please keep going, it's been brilliant ten stars if it was possible.

evilbloomieevilbloomiealmost 5 years ago
New chapter

Can we expect a new chapter anytime soon?

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 4 years ago
Some thoughts on deity

The Gods are planning and we humans just will have to wait. With anticipation that is. I've decided to do a re-read of the entire series. Reading your wonderful story without any major intervals enabled me to have a better overview of the various characters and enjoy the story even more. I am convinced that you could make big money with having it published in the old-fashioned way, but what else could we expect from the author of the LiR-saga than to share selflessly?

You have been approached by many readers with questions or wishes on the desired speed with which to come up with the next episode. I'm just as appreciative, but will wait quietly and hope and wish that you are in the best of circumstances.

StormtouchedStormtouchedover 4 years ago

Has this been abandoned

jeh2ndjeh2ndover 4 years ago
More coming?

Is the political climate of today outdoing what you can write?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
a very good read

I hope the delay does not mean the story is over!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
great read

HOW MUCH LONGER TILL WE READ MORE. IT'S BEEN 14 MONTHS ??????

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years agoAuthor
I deserve the wrath of the readers. The delay is far too long.

I have been trying to make the next chapter the last chapter in this book. I am struggling to make the book end with some answers and some questions. The next book will have a more action/adventure/sci-fi edge to it with Saint and Lena. Trying to find a transition that could work has me rewriting over and over. It is now almost where I want it. thanks for your patience and for reading my story. I greatly appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the update.. we know the wait will be worth as it has always been.. I have read this story all over more times than i remember.. Thanks again for sharing this with us..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you HDK!

Both for the update and more importantly the story.

We appreciate that this story has to end sometime and to wrap up all the loose ends requires time.

Thank you as always for sharing your wonderful skill on Lit for free!

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Re your comment

I have now finished reading the story for the third time. For what it worth I would love to be able to think up a story like this, but to end it in one chapter.... it will have to be a amazingly long chapter, good luck as there are so many loose ends that need tidying up ...... how do you get Lena back . How do you get America to be a leader in humanitarian endeavours and how do you save the planet at the same time?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7123 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES