All Comments on 'Hard Mercy'

by AedanSayla

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Your Male Characters...

I enjoyed this story. It is a rare gem to read about the erotic lives of the people of The Book (you know purity and holiness and all) and you did it in the best way I think it can be done. You used alot of the good book without putting it in. It also didn't reak of the Left Behind Series or the Left Overs which in this day in age is hard to do. Nice work. I've just put you and this story into my favorites.

Also, to speak to the title of this comment. Your male characters are something else. I've only read three of your works so don't know about them all. I don't want to like them but find myself satified with them in the end. Nice.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Decimate = 10% Loss

Decimate does not mean devastate or destroy. It specifically means "removal of a tenth", from decem, the Latin word for ten. Killing 10% of the population of a city still leaves 90%; it doesn't wipe them out.

The Romans used it to punish large numbers of rebels or mutineers, selecting one out of every ten men for death. The remaining nine were then forced to beat their former comrade to death, thus a horribly cruel punishment.

AedanSaylaAedanSaylaover 5 years agoAuthor
Response by the Author

Thank you both of the previous two commenters! I'm very glad that I am pulling it off by not sounding like the Left Behind movies and about the 'decimate' - thank you for the enunciation of meaning. I love history and welcome the ability to continually learn from it.

Thanks,

Aedan

Horseman68Horseman68about 5 years ago
Interesting Story.

This is the second of your stories that I have read. Each have been a very enjoyable and interesting read. My comments on the first as to human morality and religion still prevail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Apart from all the religious crap it really was a nice and entertaining story. Thanks.

linnearlinnearabout 2 years ago

Very interesting ending, I certainly did not see that coming. My only complaint is I don't think Robbie needed to die

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literateabout 1 year ago

Nothing worse than a judgmental Christian that makes allowances for his beliefs just because well he’s a Christian. And not racist nope not racist because he in fact has had sex with females outside of his race. And not misogynistic because he “saves” these damsels in distress and “marries” them and gives them pleasure with his big tallywacker. Oh not to mention converts them to Christianity (the almighty power of the penis). You have a knack for unnecessarily using words as fillers and fluff. If you take out the sex it reads as historical sci-fi with proselytizing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAedanSayla@AedanSayla
Here's the deal - I could really use help in the form of honest reviews of my books left at places like Amazon, Kobo, Smashwords, Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, Google Books etc. I well understand the reality that for many on this site the desire to read stories for free an...