All Comments on 'Cheating on My Girlfriend'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love

True love, I cried

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Decent

A little too pat, and everyone was so, so civilized. Bringing in cancer as a Deus ex maxina was way too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn..........

Being a two time cancer survivor and given a 10% or less chance for recovery adds special emphasis to this story for me. I am one of the lucky ones, since only 2 out of 750 live beyond 10 yrs with a 3B liposarcoma. Sorry......got sidetracked.

Anyway..........a good, short read that hit close to home. Got **** from me. All have happy holidays.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Cancer made this work.

Pulled it off.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 5 years ago
A fine Story

I hate all those folks who talk about how this would never happen, too pat, unbelievable story line .. hell I don't read for reality.. "It's a Story" -- you told it well, you tugged at heartstrings some, you had an ending that sort of makes us feel good. Other stories do other things, that's fine too. I have enough reality in my world (my wife is a cancer survivor, 4 years now). This one sort of hit home. If that was what you intended you delivered in 5* mode. Everything else is just chaff in the wind.

InsigniaInsigniaover 5 years ago
The Lack of Emotion

Was the impetus for the whole story. Usually, Brooks hits the nail on the head but he got all thumb this time. The story unfolded neatly and the idea of friending an ex's lover is not that absurd. Especially when its an amicable parting of ways. Sherry is just doing whatever it takes. If nothing dire ever occurs there is no reason for this story. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

dallasgentleman020dallasgentleman020over 5 years ago
A beautiful story

At last - a story about two honest and morally sound people. My kudos!!

LVGirlLVGirlover 5 years ago
Hey Skippy

I think this one may be your best one yet. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not bad writing

But WTF??? That was simply depressing as hell. First they decide to be divorced because why? They're bored? What are they? Five years old? The old "we've grown apart" is just a ridiculous excuse. Then you take the "poly" route. Lets all live together in a Yellow Submarine and be happy. Just awful. This depressing story was neither erotic or entertaining. I guess people gave you a lot of stars because they felt sorry for you. UGH!

1 star

KingBandorKingBandorover 5 years ago
Please explain

How can you not take this "wrong"?

"Please don't take this wrong, but I was thinking about a new marriage with new people."

She says that means she wants to divorce. So what would taking it wrong mean? Was there a chance he might've taken it as she wanted to stay together?

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A reasonable resolution to a shallow tepid marriage.

Can't imagine what the home life was like before the kids left. When our kids left it was like a second honeymoon! We love having them visit, and love having them leave, so we can run around naked again. After all the years of love and sacrifice and commitment, why would we want to start over with the devil we don't know? The love is the same, but the respect and gratitude are out the roof!

A sad story of a mediocre marriage. Sounds like it ended with more love than it ever had in the past. An original story idea. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
boys n girls

we're going on a feels trip!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thought provoking

You've offered a very different premise and plot line that can stimulate some serious self-reflection. For instance: is it possible that a long-standing marriage relationship can become so overtaken by predictable routine that even a seeming "corrective measure" would rely automatically on a thoroughly routine "solution?" Must we experience difference in order to appreciate distinctiveness? Uniqueness?

I'm not going to critique your story, your characters or your plot (was the ending a bit abrupt or forced? Maybe. Maybe not.). It's your story, after all; not mine. But you did get me to think and reflect on my own life's circumstances and relationships. To me, that's a great story.

Thanks.

pepepilotpepepilotover 5 years ago
Strange story

While this story was not especially my cup of tea, I did enjoy the story and the emotions involved.

As to previous comment(s), who said they always had to be erotic stories. No this one is definitely not erotic by many standards, it was a well written story about every day life. That to is a story that should be read.

Keep up the good stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

sad very sad

green117green117over 5 years ago
My two bits

says that Skip has managed to place in the running for best "Sharing is Caring" story.

But then again, I'd put "Her Itch" in the horse race as well.

Green-something

(though if you are looking for excitement in your marriage, I'd not suggest cancer.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
a blissful ignorant

wanna be human being and author

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Skip

I'm a huge fan, but this just didn't grab me. No emotion at all. She says, "what shall we do today dear?" " I don't know dear, how about we get a divorce? " he says. "Sounds good ," She adds. Also, the classic, "I'm probably dying of cancer, so let's have anal sex!" That did it for me. Then the loving poly triad. Nope, just not for me. Keep turning them out, I'll keep reading.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WOW AND WOW,,,,WHAT AN ENDING,,,,,

and the way to go, with dignity, love, courage and in full control of her own life and others, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hall of Fame?

I’m not sure what the criteria is for HOF induction. It was a very moving story.

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Wow, the ending was powerful

and a bit surprised this came from you. nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is a great trend

We are getting more and more stories about bring in another partner and they are getting good scores! LW is going back to its roots, and the readership that has been starved for it, is embracing it. 5 glorious stars!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 5 years ago
Not sure

This has everything in it. Except btb. Nothing happy here. But a powerful ending.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
I think capitals are needed, Stillaonewomanm

When I see btb in lower case it looks too much like the abbreviation for bathtub the architect used in a house design I saw recently.

Best perhaps to stick to the tried and true BTB.

Lue

ilimitadoilimitadoover 5 years ago
wow, deep and disturbing

Second story of yours I've read and a very good one. Fortunately for me my late wife's death from ovarian cancer was 16 years ago...so the pain is not so acute any more... and surprisingly your story brought good memories to my mind.

Matt's a lucky son of a bitch...I've been laid, even well sometimes...but live in the shadow of her loss. Daily. Her death spiral was too long and ugly. Sorry for me being such a poop. Your story was good. Thanks.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Hey, this was a great story

It was a refreshing change from the Slut, Whore, or Cheating Wife.

The ending was sad but was absolutely needed to be that way for the story to really work as it did.

Nicely done.

AileyInnAileyInnover 5 years ago
More open minded...

...than we love/possession/responsibility/entitled people tend to be able to grasp. Great thought and encouraging...

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 5 years ago
Surprised ME

This was very well done. Great read

Flar1958Flar1958about 5 years ago
Sad

But a good story. You dont have to hate if you split...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
well told and touching.

Finally a story about adults acting like adults. This way there were no losers. Freda got to end her life being loved by her husband and good friend. Sherry certainly proved that she was a quality woman, and Matt behaved with honor.

Thanks for something really good in all senses of the word.

R.

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Very sad

Very sad story but I love how they all came together to share there love and intimacy.

mark73107mark73107almost 5 years ago
Damn you...

Marines are not allowed to cry even if they are 60 yrs old.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Agree 74 year old Marine tears

Really enjoyed

Deprived891Deprived891about 4 years ago
60 years old with tears

Am not a marine, but a human being with a heart.

Nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Too close to home!

This story too close to home because I lost my wife last March 2020 from stomach and liver cancer. You cannot radiate liver cancer it won’t tolerate it.

avidreader123avidreader123over 3 years ago
Damn

So many feels. Great balance between comedy and tragedy. It made me smile and brought tears to my eyes, and all in 1.5 pages. Loved the characters too. A masterpiece of a short story. I have seen people do less with 10 pages on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Avidreader123 said it beautifully.

Enjoyed immensely

jtwheels

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

Well, that was awesome.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

Nice story.

Category should be Romance, since no one cheated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awww That was too sad can’t believe u killed her off

LifeisadventureLifeisadventureover 2 years ago

Beautiful sad story of true love and honest acceptance, well written.

bartholomewbrontebartholomewbronteover 2 years ago

I'm not crying, shut up! You're crying!

WrickettsWrickettsabout 2 years ago

Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Aww that was so sad

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of this site's few six star stories. Thank you.

richard

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

Beautiful love story sad but joyful. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 but have to say, v abrupt ending. Like great sex but the orgasm was very weak, by proportion. Draw the ending, out. What the kids discussed, laughing, crying, hugging carefully... ease us into the death of the story. Time slows near the end. You sped it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have actually LIVED this story. My ex wife survived 4 different fights with cancer, and then died with an enlarged heart hernia. We did remain close friends till her last breath. The current relationship at the time was very supportive as well. Very sad indeed.

'Wildbill

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60over 1 year ago

I have read and reread this story. Very, very nice.

Bry1977Bry1977about 1 year ago

Beautiful!!! Why you gotta go and make me cry like that?? thats just not fair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story. Heartfelt. Perplexing why they ever filed for divorce. They discussed it like they were sorting socks after doing laundry. Creative and poignant.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great reminder that we should learn to love what we have instead of having what we love.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a sad tale. Brought tears to my eyes. Really well written thank you for sharing this with us. BardnotBard

jmmj5jmmj56 months ago

I enjoyed that.

Thanks for sharing.

LechemanLecheman6 months ago

Aah shite, as much as I enjoy sad loving stories, it still makes me sad.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice and sweet.

shadrachtshadracht2 months ago

A little weird, but well written. A bit sad. Some things felt a bit glossed over. 4*

SeaChangerSeaChanger14 days ago

4* Strange discussion about divorce.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous