All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 115'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 54 Comments
Nikodemus00Nikodemus00about 5 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised to find this up already! Thanks for another great chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Loves It

This story just gets better and better. Although like some of the characters i to cant wait to return to galthanas. But i also cant wait to find out about johns mother to. So 5 stars from me and a thank you to you tefler for writing one hell of an adventure. Please keep up the good work and keep the story going.

BTW im still really curious about the yellow skinned and red haired aliens. Do you plan to bring them into the story? Id like to see one join the lionesses ;)

OmniferisOmniferisabout 5 years ago
5 *'s

Nice work. Really enjoyed this chapter

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsabout 5 years ago
WOW!!! I had to comment before I read this chapter!

I was confused at first when this chapter showed up! I was like didnt we just have one post earlier this month? Went and checked the posting dates and sure enough! Two weeks between chapters! A fantastic surprise! Thanks Tefler! Now to go read it! If I'm lucky will get done by 3am and get some sleep!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Q&A

Will it be posted to the Text with Audio category? Or is there some other plan to release it?

YazvanYazvanabout 5 years ago

Like Nicodemus, I was pleasently surprised to see a chapter so soon. Thanks Tefler.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
This great story in Literotica is a contradiction

TSM is a really good scifi story and would stand alone as just that without the sex.

The contradiction is that because it is published in Literotica, the assumption is that it needs sex as well.

I would like to put the proposition that after 115 chapters most readers are here for the story and the sex is irellevant and indeed a distraction as I find myself skipping past all those segments.

There are numerous established story arcs to continue the tale as long as you wish, without padding them out with sex scenes even though that would mean a bigger delay between chapters.

Is there a relationship between Patreon funding and the number of chapters released that is driving the current story process ?

I find that I am less and less concerned about when the next chapter will arrive.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 5 years ago
What a pleasant gift!

Another great chapter! But I’m dying to see what asshole Athgiloi is up to!

Thanks Tef!!

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaabout 5 years ago
Everytime I see a new chapter...

I do a happy little chair-dance.

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
thank you

First off, for those that have not done this yet, Check out Tefler on his Patreon page and you will be amazed at what you find.

Second: Thank for the great reads sir and once again this chapter did not disappoint. yes, the chapter only cover a couple of days, but makes for a great read and flow to the story. So many variable and plot lines in the amazingly complex storyline. looking forward to the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great chapter

As always a wonderful read. I really like Sparks and getting to read about her when she's on her own shows how she's grown since her rescue. You've done justice to each and ever one of the main characters which makes them all lots of fun not to mention every guys fantasy women.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Anatomical accuracy

Midway through page 8 it says "eased through her uterus into her womb". Surely Tefler is aware that those are the same thing, and meant cervix?

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeabout 5 years ago

"Besides, this trip isn't meant to be some sex-fueled romp."

Nah, I'm pretty sure Tefler wrote this. So yeah, it is supposed to be a sex-fueled romp.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 5 years ago
Great Space Opera

I have to agree with the comment that this is really good space opera, and am enjoying it so much that the sex doesn't really matter too much, but this chapter felt as if you put the emotion back into the story, which is great. I had started to feel that the slow-moving plot had begun to drag, and that the characters within it had started to become robotic and were simply carrying out their duties as cardboard drudges set on an unwavering track of fixed responses, but somehow you managed to turn that all around with this chapter.

Well done! Right back on track. 5*

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 5 years ago
lol

“Dana couldn't help laughing at that. "Yeah, amazing what three square meals will do for a girl..."”

Touche’ Tefler!

I hope Rachel’s tune-up of the Governor included re-opening Luce’s baby factory.

Thanks Tef!

wolverine006wolverine006about 5 years ago
Kelli and Perl

Why is it that I keep thinking that Kelli is the blond and Perl is the brunette? I know part of it is due to stereotyping, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
More thanks

You continue to please. It is always a good day when you post another entertaining chapter. Thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thanks again

Patiently waiting for next chapter

Enjoying your story lots

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice one

Nice chapter tefler. A bit slow but still worth 5*

I was wondering, if I am not wrong this is the first time Alyssa (progenitor) is havi

having sex with someone who is not John's thrall. So is there a chance Alyssa might unknowingly make keli and pearl her own thralls?

Regards

Mg

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you Tefler

I know I'm being selfish but is there anyway 116 can be put up for my birthday on the 3rd. It would be awesome for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Awesome

Great,..... Fast, rapid page turner as usual..... Can't get enough of it... Eagerly waiting for more

hellinahelmethellinahelmetabout 5 years ago
You the man Tef...

As always Teff, 5* and should have been more...All, and I mean ALL of your characters come out and shine when you have the time to write about, and with, them. It really makes this one of the best on the internet...Thanks again for all your time and your work on this space odessey for your fans to enjoy...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent story!

You are a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing your fine work.

hpinghpingabout 5 years ago
118

According to Patreon 118 is out, so we can probably expect to see 116 here within a few days.

Countdown started...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kerb

Awesome story! Why does Tefler use kerb instead of curb, though?

TeflerTeflerabout 5 years agoAuthor
Chapter 116

I've submitted the next chapter for moderation!

Tefler

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanabout 5 years ago

Thanks for the update, Tefler.

tl330tl330about 5 years ago
Thank you for a superb story

Tefler, thank you for sharing your great tale. I echo others in amazement that you have never put pen to paper before. Your characters are so well developed & the way your words bring emotion to the reader is great.

I confess my knowledge of propulsion & speed is limited so if you would indulge me I'd like to ask a couple of questions please: 1) From chapter 1 to present I don't remember anytime that the Invictus has been fueled? is the power core unlimited? I remember other ships being fueled at fueling stations but not the Invictus? 2) Could you give me some ideal as to what speed the Invictus is traveling at when in hyper warp; both before the upgrade & after. Also for comparison what speed can the Invictus travel when in system? I presume it will in light years per what minute, per hour ?? 3) And what is the distance between Terra and say Marili space? I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around distances!

Thank you again for sharing ur wonderful story with us.

tony

FroggieDudeFroggieDudeabout 5 years ago
Re: tl330's questions

It's pretty obvious to me that the story isn't really written in a way such that "the science checks out". Just look at chapter 100 (the battle of Terra)... Jupiter's orbit (where alyssa's course drops them in system) is 43 light minutes from the sun, whereas Earth is only 8.33 light minutes from the sun....which means even at their closest point in relative orbit, it's 35 light minutes from earth to Jupiter, which means for the pacing to work as written the Invictus would have to be going faster than light outside of warp. But waiting hours on end for ships to maneuver into engagement range is boring. Yeah, the science doesn't actually check out, but who cares. It's fun to read.

As for speed in warp, IIRC in chapter 100 it took 30 mins for the Invictus to rush from Alpha Centauri to Sol, a distance of 4.3 light years, which would make their speed 8.6 light years/hr...but the speed seems inconsistent...IIRC it took 12 hours to travel from alpha centauri to regulus (alpha leonis) post-trankaran engine refit, but it's only 77 light years from earth, which means even if they were directly opposite each other relative to earth the distance would only be ~81 light years, making their speed a little under 7 light years per hour. Again, who cares, it's not meant to be hardcore sci-fi, it's got a lot more emphasis on the FI part than on the SCI part.

As for fueling that's easy to explain...I assume Terran ships use fusion reactors, hence the need for fueling with hydrogen (and the need to mine it from gas giants), but the first thing John did after buying the Invictus was to travel to Ashana and after a short jaunt around their small territory it was refitted with an ashanath power core...it's never explained how it works, but it presumably either doesnt need fueling or can go much farther without service. The Invictus is then later refitted with 2 progenitor power cores and a captive black hole during the rebuild at Genthalas, and it's alluded that those cores work by exploiting the boundary between N-dimensional and 3 dimensional space, which would make it work forever without fuel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
RE: FroggieDude’s fuel comment

The issue of refueling a spacecraft is not just the power core, and how it is fueled. Even if a Progenitor power core had infinite fuel / reactive mass, etc. the propulsion system would still require material to act as reaction mass ( for every action, an equal and opposite reaction) In space there are basically three ways to provide motive force, 1: you have a mass ejected from vessel as in a rocket system; 2: you use a force capturing system, such as a photon (light) sail, or 3: perhaps how a Progenitor might power his ship, you react directly on the gravitic space / time of the universe itself thus pulling your ship where you want it to go!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
re: tl330

tl330 is confusing sci-fi with science. Science is mostly math based fact, sci-fi can be anything it wants

Still loving the series tefler. Ten 🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Not Sci-Fi

I'm enjoying the story but in regards to the concerns addressed about sci-fi: my suspension of disbelief has been sorely battered and bruised by this story repeatedly. The thing to focus on as a reader is this is similar to Star Wars: It's a space opera, not science ficiton.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Space Opera

I would say this is EE 'Doc' Smith than Star Wars. And in terms of space opera that is praise indeed. More!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Will they ever

Return to Karron?

Research long buried ships on the planet?

Solve the problems with John's guide?

Find clues about his parents?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Karron,.. buried artifacts,.. the Shroud,.. the Archons,.. Trankaran's Solar Forges vs a Progenitor Soul Forge,.. the Quantum Annihilator,.. Black metal/ore,.. there is/are connections,.. (right?) '-) TTFN

JasmijnJasmijnover 2 years ago

The Kirrix look at Terrans the way we look at animals. Are they really evil? If John solves the Shroud problem, the Terrans won't have to protect their borders against a Kirrix invasion and they even might find some very strong allies. Because the Kirrix are driven by the need to survive as a species, not because they are psychopaths.

RazzakelRazzakelover 2 years ago

"But there's over 20 of you now, including Edraele and her girls... I've no idea how I'm going to make time for all of you..."

Wow John is a dumbass... YOU ARE FUCKING IMMORTAL, you've got all the time in the world man

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Razzakel, there are still only so many hours in a (space)day. It's a very valid concern.

- Kal'adayn

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 2 years ago

@ Anon (Kal'adayn?)

I've been thinking about time in space a lot recently and it doesn't really make sense unless you get everyone to agree to have a 'standard' definition of the units used. How many hours are in a day? A day on what planet? How many days in a year? Does Valaden have the same solar cycle as Earth? All these aliens say how old they are, or how many years ago something happened but a day and a year are abstract units, calculated from the planet you're situated on. Thinking about it, seconds, minutes and hours were just made up units in order to measure time, surely other civilisations wouldn't have come up with the same system?

It get's more complicated when you think that the Invictus is 'synced' to 'Terran standard time', although there are 24 different time zones on Terra, unless they're like China now and just have the one? But also, moving in space, especially at the speeds they are theoretically travelling at, would result in them going out of sync with other locations on a daily basis. Space and time is a complicated business.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

@WretchedMonkey

I have read this story multiple times and I never thought about that. To my understanding days on a planet are a rotation. years are trip around the sun. So, I would have to assume( i know what they say about assuming) that there is some kind of intergalactic measuring going on in the story. A system that they all use no matter the planet. although it would be weird for that to be true.........

Well, my brain is smoking now, so I guess it's on to the next chapter.

Raven

P.s. I'm not sure if this was explained, but I'm going to ask. Why didn't anyone come up with using a herd animal for the Kirrix grubs. Terrans use them for food, so it would be kind of the same thing. Raise them to be homes for the grubs. After the grubs hatch and kill the host, Bingo! You have food to feed the young. Nothing goes to waste.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Sorry Anonymous-Raven, the Kirrix needed sentient 'cattle' to grow their grubs ever since the Shroud disrupted their 'normal symbiotic use of Laphids as their host of choice. Thus, the Kirrix began many millennia of using and abusing many neighboring sentient species, often times until extinction, so ironic... to save their own species from extinction.,, ;-) TTFN

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyabout 2 years ago

@Michael56Smith - Re: "Kirrix Grubs"

I have a theory that the backstory that the Kirrix believe is not true and that they were never in a symbiotic relationship with any species. The Kirrix lay hundreds of eggs in each host and the grubs eat everything they are given. The symbiotic relationship 'theory' says that the bovine like species babies were birthed along with the grubs helping them to get out of the mother. Why would any species not be able to birth it's young? Why would a species be fine with being eaten from the inside and how would they recover after the birth? Why wouldn't the grubs just keep eating the host and the hosts babies? The cycle of birthing hundreds of grubs each time with no natural predator would surely decimate their natural habitat/world pretty quickly. The Kirrix would need to expand exponentially and this doesn't lend itself to being a 'good' symbiotic model.

Why would 'The Shroud' block telepathic bonding with the grubs when the Kirrix can quite clearly use telepathy with the majority of it's species with no issues? Having a race that attacks other races that aren't telepathic could be a good weapon for a telepathic race. The Achonin are pretty shrouded in mystery (no pun intended) but maybe they could have created the Kirrix or at least modified them from what they were previously? Or maybe some other civilisation was at work, but I just doubt that the Kirrix origins are what they believe, it's too 'good' for what they have settled for.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dana (aka Sparks) is one of my favorite characters. Tefler did good with her - well I could have done without the dike part, but otherwise...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was just a tiny scene in this chapter hinting at it, but I think having one of the Malari ladies hook up with a Trankaran engineer would make for an interesting side plot.

TwistedDaveAuthorTwistedDaveAuthorover 1 year ago

Murphy needs to get him some Maliri tail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm really enjoying the story, but a couple of things are starting to annoy after 115 chapters; first, does everyone have to be "lovely". There are plenty of other descriptive words to try. Secondly, we know that John has issues, but interrupting each seduction to feel guilty about something(flashbacks, mind manipulation, etc.) is getting old.

ranec1ranec1about 1 year ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

page 7 Dana couldn't help laughing at that. "Yeah, amazing what three square meals will do for a girl..."

I'm glad it was Dana that said this line

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

It had to be Dana saying "Three square meals a day".

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 year ago

if horny Maliri babes would have some 'practice' sex with humans (T-Fed military) then the Maliri border studs would know they had a little competition, and have to improve their game, ... and those always horny humans could have some beautiful blue Space Elf tail, win-win, ... sounds like a program Baen'thelas and the Fleet Admiral could work together on, ... maybe use Alyssa's new trade station as a clandestine rendezvous point, ... just a horny thought, ... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

The one part of this storyline I absolutely hate is what you have the Kirrix do to the kids.

texstertexster12 months ago
The self-doubt is getting repetitive

For as damn good as this story is, there are a few issues that I’m running into (still on my first read-through, but have been holding comments for the last 30 chapters or so).

1. The level of hand-wringing & self-doubt is starting to overwhelm the story - for every page that moves the plot forward, there seems to be a page & a half to 2 pages worth of progenitor-guilt, self-doubt, and over-sensitive emotional baggage that has been covered multiple times. This is one area where you can tell this story has been written a chapter at a time, and stuff like this is filler to make each chapter longer without advancing the plot very quickly.

2. The sex is hit or miss…the scenes are well written, and a few of them have been creative, but more and more they also feel like filler.

3. The weapons and ship upgrades, with all the different types of weapons and gun ports - it’s neat, but difficult to follow without digging into the notes & science - I enjoy th technical discussions in the comments, but if I put on my editing hat, I have to say they could use some simplification and/or explanation.

ranec1ranec110 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"But on the other hand, these Tachyon Cannons are fucking awesome!"

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

--- Oh yeah, only in this story could a couple of ex-gang whores give out 'sex' lessons for 100,000 credits each, ... And did Dana/Sparks also give Tony back his SMG's clip(s) I bet her Mass fabricators could whip up a dozen new clips in a few minutes, and she could also find him a few extra boxes of ammo among all the ammunition Invictus has aboard her, just to tide him over for bit, ... And did Sparks want to give a couple light weight handguns to Perl and Kelli? Also, perhaps a few CA armored vests for the 3 of them, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithabout 1 month ago

-- okay, John, Jade and the Twins are off in the Raptor, .... and are f***ing up a storm, .... Kelli and Perl have given up any chance of becoming new Lionesses, and they are teaching the fine art of pleasing her man, to Sparks / Dana and Alyssa, so that John will get some new thrills, ... Tony gets his SMG back, (and maybe a few extra boxes of Ammo too) ... Edraele's 1st fleet is helping the Trankarans stomp a bunch of nasty Bugs, .... and there's lots of evil going on behind the scenes, to show up in future chapters, (Larn continues to stir up trouble) ... I wonder if the other Karron girls (Kelli and Perl) will get a few tech gifts from Sparks (and Alyssa), ... like a couple of 0[light weight, protective vests made from CA, ... and maybe a couple of light weight handguns for the girls' defense / protection, .... and perhaps a few personal shields too, .... (or is this all too much?) ... ;-) ttfn

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6811 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES