All Comments on 'A Simple Farmer'

by lbenton

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful.

Thank you very much

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My 2 cents

Good story. For some reason, this story sounds familiar. I have read many stories on this website and remember some more than others. Maybe it is just along the same lines as another story. The main problem I found was on page 4. You repeated a couple of sentences in the same paragraph. That's ok as Im not an english major either. I enjoyed the story and gave it a 5 star due to the characters and flow of the story. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great story.

Really enjoyed this, other than the round bale part. Round bales weigh between 1000 and 1400 pounds. You don't kick them off a trailer with your foot, you move them with a tractor with a big spike mounted on the front or back using the hydraulics to lift them.

forsaken11forsaken11almost 4 years ago
Heartwarming

Thank you for this extremely heartwarming story.Looking forward to reading more of your works.

RRC2RRC2almost 4 years ago
What a nice story

Thank you for the enjoyable read.

THANKS

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweedalmost 4 years ago
Common theme

Although this story plot has been used before, this was a delightful tale and was very much the way I remember the farming community where I grew up. 5 stars

WiserbyageWiserbyagealmost 4 years ago
Great Story!!

Am from Colorado and know all the towns of which you spoke even Vona.

sundown08sundown08almost 4 years ago

Loved it!!! What an absolutely wonderful story!!!!

Wang4Wang4almost 4 years ago
Great Job

Talk about a story which definitely fits under romance ; this is it.,! Thanks for sharing

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice Story

Thanks for such a nice story.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Crap

My eyes are leaking. Loved this story. Wish all good hearted men would find happiness like this. Thank you. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent Writing

Your story touched my heart. A wonderful love story. A woman and a child come out of abuse to find the love and happiness they never imagined were waiting for them.

eightytuneseightytunesalmost 4 years ago
Where You Go I Will Be There

First off, this is a 5 STAR story.

It hits you in the heart from the first sentence, to the last sentence. As was the theme, "set her free and, if she returned, she would love me forever and, if she didn't then it wasn't meant to be". Four, aka Rebeca, captured Rory's heart the minute he held her, then Sara put her hand over his heart too, that together they had the man who would be their protector, husband, father, lover, DADDY.

KinPAKinPAalmost 4 years ago

Just the type of story I needed to read tonight to lift my spirits.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not for me

Unfortunately I had to stop halfway through the second page due to extreme annoyance. If you must write a story about a domestic violence sufferer then please make it realistic. You’re telling me Sara was passed out from exhaustion for 4 entire days, only to wake up and be so damn easy going and not be extremely worried about where her daughter is? She and her daughter had faces violence by her ex so she wakes up, strolls downstairs and acts like nothing has happened, and instead of acting appropriately just giggles around a man she doesn’t know. Oh and the stuttering? Yeah not buying it.

It’s extremely frustrating to read a story like this because instead of me feeling any sort of empathy for her it makes me think that Sara is thick and trusts men far too easily and that’s why she finds herself in abusive relationships. Anyone in her position should have been wary. People are far too easy to please on this site.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Wonderful little story told delightfully!

5

ConnarConnaralmost 4 years ago
@Anon 05/28/20

This is fiction. People read fiction to feel better. If you want a realistic Story about domestic abuse volunteer at a women shelter. And yes Dome women (no offense) are that thick and trusting. That‘s how they end up in those situations. ASK a Social worker... As for the story: feelgood plot normaly wrote by women for women. Shy guy, handsome with a heart of gold and a big dick. Well better discover it here than have wifey pay on Amazon 😎

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow !!!

One of the best stories I’ve read on this site. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story

Can't find anything negative to say...it is a great loving story. Very moving and touching. Thought all the way through that Sara and Rory were perfect for each other. Rory is such a gentleman and lover. Give that man a bit of sexy chest hair for his manly chest. What a great catch they are for each other! Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fast

Fastest divorce in modern history. I don't buy it.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic

Absolutely wonderful story, both touching and beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The story is well written, but the main characters are very inconsistent.

He's a simple farmer who does "not have a good command of the English language" yet frequently uses words like dehydrate or somnophilia. Also, he seems to have money to burn to spend thousands on clothes and even more on a new SUV?

She's been the victim of years of systematic physical and mental abuse but seems to have no kind of trauma? Trusts an unknown man with her child just like that?

Sorry but that just doesn't cut it...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Very nice. You should write more romance stories. Thanks.

rightbankrightbankalmost 4 years ago
very nice

a romantic love story

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rebecca is usually spelled with two C's and GMC Yukon

was misspelled in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Review?

What can I say, a beautiful tale with a happy ending. Perhaps placed into the wrong library aisle, but suitable for any who love life.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Enjoyable

Lovely story and very romantic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
GONNA NEED A DENTIST APPOINTMENT TO CHECK FOR CAVITIES...........

This one was just that sweet only problem I saw was the resolution with the ex. He had no clue where they were and it should have stayed that way. That entire situation made no sense. Great romance otherwise.

LKilkennyLKilkennyalmost 4 years ago

Great characters and great story. In today's world, I'm more that happy to see the 'fairy tale' ending. Fiction for me, whether reading or writing, is a mental escape from the rigors of everyday life. I can appreciate your writing style and your story telling. You keep doing you. I'll keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lovely

A beautiful story, well written and one of my favorite. Keep wiritting you've got talent. I like your style.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Great story

I loved the story and the romance, the sex wasn't even needed. The confrontation with the ex was needed, otherwise the fear of him showing up someday would always hang over them. The way the community showed up and put the fear of God in the ex was great. Keep writing.

ranec1ranec1almost 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
2nd read

Just love this story. You need to write more romance. You excel at it. 5 again

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 3 years ago

Also 2nd read... and the story was as heartwarming as the first time.

A full five stars and well deserved!

ewray321ewray321over 3 years ago
Excellant

Excellent story. Great writing, plot, everything.

tiercenpttiercenptover 3 years ago

write more in the romantic category I really liked this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very nice

I'm surprised at the rating, but Romance stories always get the highest ratings. What's lacking is almost zero transition form one main point to another. It could be a great story, but just isn't... 4 stars just to be overly generous.

julianmarquezjulianmarquezover 3 years ago

Excellently written and beautiful story. This is actually my second reading.

And it's as well received as it deserves, as most of the comments wisely point out. The other comments, a minority as they should be, are entirely worthless.

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 3 years ago

Don't know what story some of these "anonymous" clowns were reading but for me it got a very rare Favorite rating. It always amazes me when the author's fantasy (yeah folks this is fiction as in he dreamed it up) doesn't match some half baked fantasy of their own so they just have to criticize. Go write it folks I'll read it but it won't match up to this 4.85 masterpiece.

The nerve of some commenter couldn't stop at criticizing the story but offered the cheep shot that ,"People are far too easy to please on this site." How elitist!

I know they will never circle back and see my comment but I had to vent.

Great Love Story. 5 stars for me. First one of yours I have ever read but got you on my follow list and I plan to read more. If all the rest are stinkers This one made it all worthwhile.

Take care and good health.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

As much as "Four" kept on going on in the story, this deserves a "Five."

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

Not really a love story reader BUT I was "sucked in" & had to read to the end. Good story, Thank You!

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Love the story. AAAA++++

big_hardt_4ubig_hardt_4ualmost 3 years ago

Thank you! - I needed that.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 3 years ago
Thank you

A great story with great characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely story. Did he give his second daughter the same name as the first? (!?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely a truly great love story . I for one would like to see/read a continuation of this tale. It's that good! LP

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very sweet. And sexually stimulating. Thanks for sharing your story. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY, five stars aren't enough!

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 2 years ago

Five stars are not enough!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awesome story though don't fully understand the 'punishment' meted out to Sara's ex when he came to the farm!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks lbenton, from a rural perspective it has to be 5*.

For those who have lived where the cattle bear beautiful calves, the pigs make great cops, ham and bacon, the hens lay fresh eggs each day, and most young roosters make delicious chicken meals, this story was a real heart warmer. Tomorrow I will be driving to see my children (yes I call him "son", too) grandchildren, 500 beef fattening and 100 breeding cows, chickens, herding dogs, breeding dogs (including Frenchies) and more, I will think of people like Rory, just like many of my rellies who love the rural lifestyle and love feeding the people of the world.

The Hoary Cleric, Queensland.

P.S. The punishment was the loss of his fancy vehicle, and the humiliation. In real life it would all have been explained to him at the time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

We are sooooo misty and full of love with this beautiful story.

It has touched our hearts and souls, and renewed our faith in forever and ever love to the moon and back!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I LOVE this story, gets to me every time.😂😭

ewray321ewray321over 1 year ago

great story.5555555555555

HighpikeHighpikeover 1 year ago

Beyond awesome. Thank you so much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fabulous story

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 1 year ago

Soo, I re-read this story because it has the same tagline as pain... "It is always darkest right before the dawn."...

I still find this one much more well-rounded...

I don't know what happened with Pain, I just know that like with this story, when you put your mind to it, you are an excellent story teller...

olddave51olddave51over 1 year ago

Yes, a great story. You should write more romance!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Super Romance

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Must Read 5+++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it, wonderfully sweet yarn!

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2IC11 months ago

Oh my, what a fantastic love story. It brought tears to my eyes when I think back on my daughter’s wedding day. Thank you for the time and effort you put into writing this beautiful story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The is the only great story you write deserving of 5*. Your other stories show you to be a cuck writer with weak wimpy cuck MCs

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I'm not sure my old login works but I had to tell you what a wonderful writer you are. You created a beautiful, loving story. I grew up in cities and yet I could feel how wonderful life on the farm was. Thank you so very much for a well written romance.

John (notforsaleyet)

JackJillHopeJackJillHope18 days ago

Thank you, Ibenton, you are the best. Your story brightened and made my day.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

A very sweet story that drags a reader into it. Five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Excellent! A 5 for Four!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userlbenton@lbenton
I am a 60 year old man that has been forcibly retired due to a stroke. to keep myself sane, I have been writing erotica and other short stories.