All Comments on 'Fly On The Wall'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Interesting

Another winner by you. People's thought processes are amazing to say the least. I appreciate good stories even with no-sex. I like a good observer of the human condition.

Boyd

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
very enjoyable read and

interesting also. I truly enjoyed the deductive reasoning about what is not said. It hit home with me as a reader because I do the same thing with the stories I read. What the author doesn’t say can be just as revealing as what he does say. As I’ve discovered in more than one story, it can also create different interpretations to plot and characters by the many different readers. Excellent work, a fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Welcome Back

It has been awhile hasn't it - this was quite enlighting in as much as it is your arena - court for those who don't know.

Suffice it to say that you are among the very best at whatever theme you may choose - so thanks for this fine effort - you are appreciated - with Very High Regard

PS - A shorter interval would be good eh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
dumb defense lawyer

he KNEW the defense was the bullets, but he didn't cross examine the police or the CSI on it? the jury had to "deduct"? stupid. but there are stupid lawyers.....

well written. in my experience as a juror it sounded real. btw, the open ballot vs the secret ballot - i have seen that folk go along to get along, but vote different when secret.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
This guy is good!

RP, you are the man. No one can weave a tale with the logic and intelligence you display. Your brain must be the size of Honduras! Great story and thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
More truth to this than you might think

I used to try criminal cases to juries, and the thought processes outlined in this story are representative of the ones I heard described when interviewing jurors after verdicts were rendered

sacksackover 18 years ago
better than usual.....

Usually, stories about courtroom proceedings are deadly boring, but this much more interesting than the usual run. I'm not sure the category is quite right...I would have chosen Non-Erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Scary

Because the description of the jury is all too true! Jury of one's peers, indded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks.

Great story. Thanks and thanks for posting again. We missed you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Original

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I'd read all of your other stories...

but hadn't got around to reading your ones on Humor.

I saw this on SOL and thought it was brilliant! Now I have to read your other humor stories.

I particularly liked what you said about what is not said can be just as important as what is said. And I agree totally with the commenter taht said this applies to stories also. I'm very careful with what I say and don't say in my stories but a lot of that is missed by readers.

Great read - DJ

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Really Nice work!

Very nicely paced. I wonder what the lawyers were thinking about placing a lawyer on the jury. In this case he learned a lot which is usually reserved for mock trial experience. The problem being that a fake jury of undergraduates does not reflect the usual jury composition, and the situation is worse yet in Law School. A lot of fun.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Too much fun

And so so believable -

And such an effective indictment of our legal system too!!!

rjordanrjordanover 10 years ago
Insightful

It was more insightful than humorous, but it was both. I enjoyed it. I found you via The Wimp. I'll probably read the rest. I like your style very much. Oh, and lawyer jokes are the best!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Great Tale

I actually felt like I was in the courtroom. Well written.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Very Good

My dad was an attorney, not trial, and for some reason he got on a lot of jury trials over his life. Some criminal some civil. Unfortunately or fortunately, a lot of his comments about the juries indicated that this story is not a parody. I loved it.

Dubby49Dubby49about 9 years ago
Interesting

take on jury thought processes. In India where I live, jury trials were abolished in 1960 after a high profile murder trial in which the accused was found Not Guilty despite all the evidence against him including a voluntary confession.

BTW unlike in the west, verdicts of Not Guilty can be appealed. in this case the accused was retried sentenced to jail for killing his wife's lover and was subsequently paroled, reconciled with his wife and migrated to Canada. His children were in scholl with me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The Commonwealth vs?

For a commonwealth country using the British legal system & not a republic it would be the Crown vs xxx, no? are there any cases of a multinational organisation prosecuting anyone?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Commonwealth

If this story takes place in Kentucky, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, or Virginia, it is in a commonwealth and not a state.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
11-1 damn attorney wins again but cheaters caught and shot OK.

Good story enjoyed

Virgo6Virgo6almost 4 years ago
Reminds me of

“12 angry men” great movie . Good story 5’s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
O.J.

I knew Simpson was going to get away with it after the report that Marsha Clark had asked the jury if they had any questions of her and one of the jurors wanted to know why she insisted on wearing such short skirts.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous