All Comments on 'Just a Small Indiscretion'

by DocWords

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too creepy for words

In her shoes I go right to a PI. Cops will be of no help. But a good PI could identify and eliminate the problem. Or maybe she has a cousin "Tony" or "Guido" that could help. But I'd be looking for things in her house that could be used to view and listen in. Like I said - too creepy for words. Made my skin crawl.

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
Plot twist

What if the guilt of flirting caused her mind to create an imaginary "guardian angel?"

Now she no longer needs it.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

I enjoyed that. You’re four for four by my score. You certainly came out of nowhere with a knack for interesting flash stories. Keep them coming.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 3 years ago

I liked it. Also didn't mind not knowing who it was that was calling, just glad she didn't cheat. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A bit like being stood up on a date really, full of anticipation and hope but let down in the end.

The real hook in this story was eventually discovering who the mystery caller was and how did he know so much. We had the build up and a few, if brief, juicy episodes, only to be left hanging in the air.

I assume it was all about some sort of Devine intervention, a little too fantastical if that was so, and would a guardian Angel basically blackmail somebody to perform sexual acts? I know I'm probably being too pedantic but that's the way my brain works I'm afraid.

I did enjoy the story but didn't like the lazy get out.

One more thing: would writers of this kind of story, specifically cheating wives, please stop using the way too convenient hidden camera ploy. It is highly illegal to bug hotel rooms and those who did would likely end up in prison, besides being sued by the hotel and the victims regardless of what they were doing. Even the police need a court order to use surveillance in this way and if they did manage to obtain one, which is unlikely for a random prostitution offence, they certainly wouldn't invite a tacky tv show to film the whole thing.

Sorry to preach but lazy research and lazy writing spoil what could be good stories.

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

agree with mordbrand

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Interesting idea but I got bored.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great!

Hubby with burner phone and voice changer saved his wife and them.

OR: it is Sci-fi ?

Any way.... very good story for a quickey. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
unresolved for me

I still don't know why she had that first lunch and conversation. Didn't really get into that details. And what about her first few questions to her husband about telling folks of her sex? That didn't cause him to quiz her more? She again did it the next day. Then it takes him forever to ask why her change in behavior.

Lastly, this guy was taking things way to far. I think just him stalking her would scare her straight or even have her tell hubby what was going and get the police.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago
Nice cute story

I assumed that the voice could have been anything or anyone, including the wife's own second personality, and the days were perhaps not calendar days -- I mean how can one keep that up day after day without rest.

But, having gone past these assumptions, the story was really good.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

What a great story and save of a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Good story story, thanks for the read.

Every woman looking to cheat should have a guardian angel like Mary's suddenly show up in their lives. You know, an angel that knows all and see's all. Of course it all depends if the wife is smart enough to recognize the help when offered. Some would reject it while the declaring nobody tells them what to do and think they could call the angels bluff. You either learn the easy way or the hard way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Enough with the "12 year old" thing. That is creepy, and probably violates site rules.

TechumsahTechumsahover 3 years ago
Nice

Okay I really liked it, but I need to know who it was. I like the other commenters idea it was in her head. That would not explain the hotel though. Again great story.

AbctoyAbctoyover 3 years ago
Good read.

A good Loving Wife story. Well told. The concept reminds me of a movie "Phone Booth".

EroticaReader2002EroticaReader2002over 3 years ago

Liked this story a lot. It seemed to me, the most logical person for the Angel, was her husband. Would enjoy seeing the story from the angel's side. I gave it a 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

I did like it the whole way through, but it did weird me out a little. Good job.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Reading again after coffee, I think the caller has to be Art. He’s getting some seriously good benefits from her indiscretions. It’s Art, getting his wife straight and a little revenge on Thomas at the same time. Even better story on second read.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Fresh and entertaining - I could see this working in real life. Of course, we all want to know who the angel is but what fun would that be - he may need to come back at a later date!

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 3 years ago

Enjoyed this.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very well done

Really liked the idea of encouraging the wife to put more energy into her marriage than an affair.

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years ago
Am I the only one

Who thinks the caller in her husband using some voice disguise? It definitely would be a unique way to stop an affair in its tracks.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 3 years ago

Good Job, DocWords!

RE: Anon “too creepy for words”

I think you missed the point—this is a story about a Guardian Angel doing what Guardian Angles are supposed to do. The author writes a story about things that has no possible way for others to know, which is exactly what he intended.

And yes, this is fiction, and yes, today many people have become to sophisticated to accept the existence of angels or demons, yet the Bible clearly teaches the existence of both. Of course, if you don’t believe the Bible, none of this will make any sense to you until the end—at which time it will be too late.

I have to wonder if your words, “Too creepy for words. Made my skin crawl.” Isn’t a sign that you may be getting a warning.

Now back to the business at hand. Author, you have done an excellent job of thinking outside the box. So many have asked for something new, let’s see how they react when they get it.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! CD

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

cute, very enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

No resolution. Not only do we never find out who the ‘guardian angel’ is or how they knew EVERYTHING but I’m left wondering if Mary’s libido continued to grow out of control and she ends up in the bad place anyway. Nope, I’ve decided. That is how it ends. Yup. Just went February Sucks and wrote my own version / ending. It’s awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I gave it points for its originality, but there wasn't a lot of meat, just mashed potatoes.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

I suspect the husband! Second possibility is an angel but that would take too big a step in disbelief. Very entertaining .

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
and no gravy either

Liked it tho.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: 12-year-old rule - This has nothing to do with site rules as there is no underage sex. It's simply a variation of the "husband rule" - Are you doing something that you wouldn't do in from of your husband?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Guardian Angels encourage, they don't coerce.

Mary made no choices, she just succumbed to extortion. Do what I say, give me what I want or you will suffer punishment. So she did, and it worked out for her. Fine.

But what made her stray to begin with? What was lacking in her marriage that led her to indulge in an affair that was cut short before the actual fucking? So she's grateful she was saved from getting caught and divorced? How can she not be?

But why exactly did she go down the path of cheating to begin with? Was it lust, boredom, lowered self esteem, loss of respect for her husband? We are never told. So what happens, maybe years later, when whatever induced her to cheat in this story arises again? Will she break the 12 year old rule to see if her guardian angel is still watching? Will the guardian angel intervene again?

This story is ripe for a sequel, maybe needed to confirm if Mary really reformed, or just got scared into keeping her dark side at bay. What we have here is just a stupid unethical woman who responded not to encouragement, but certain ruination. Remember, we didn't get to hear what Mary discussed with her prospective fuck partner, or how she acted, but it was bad enough to assure her that her husband would divorce her if her husband saw and heard the video. And she hadn't even fucked the asshole yet, but was encouraging enough that the asshole actually reserved the room for their fuck fest. So there is nothing here to tell us that Mary is a better person and wife, only that she is compliant to inescapable consequences.

An interesting approach to squelching adultery before it became intercourse. Not sure what it is supposed to illustrate. Mary did what she HAD to do to save her image and her marriage. Too bad she didn't have the respect for herself and her husband to allow her guardian angel to rely on encouragement instead of blunt force.

Thanks for the effort.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 3 years ago
Nice story

I liked it but since I don't believe in the supernatural it leaves me unsatisfied. The only possible culprit is the husband and I am sceptical that he could successfully disguise his voice.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 3 years ago
eh

blackmailers are human garbage. did art not get suspicious with all that new sex play? i would but then i read too many of these cheating stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The guardian angel....

....must to been her husband who found out what she was up2. I will give you...****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Okay, here's my two cents....

The story was interesting and entertaining. The comments even more so.

I was married for over 20 years to a lovely, sexy lady my own age. She was terrific in bed, but she always felt sorry for me because I was a virgin when we married. She encouraged me to find a "girlfriend on the side" or "trade her in for a younger model". I refused -- I wanted no one but her. I told her that if she wanted me to have a "GF", she would have to choose someone for me.

She died seven years ago. I have numerous reasons to believe that she's my guardian angel now. One of those reasons was the woman who entered my life about a year after my wife's death. A stunning beauty 25 years my junior. She and I were together for a year, during which time we had incredible sex. She was exactly who my wife would have "chosen" for me, to heal my lonely heart.

They are both gone from my life now, and I miss them both terribly.

True story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really , this story scored low for me

A guarding angel , poppy cock. Only the husband could possibly know and she would recognize his voice. Are we having a twilight zone story.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago

For those who think it is Hubby ... How did Hubby get the photos and the audio? We have to assume that Sweetie has some mental capacity. We also would have to assume that Hubby has a LOT of free time, a buncha suspicion, and amazing technical resources. All Sweetie has to do is show Troll Thomas four houses a day and pick one at random each day where he can press his suit and talk her into what she already thinks will probably be exciting while still safe. That seems to be the one ‘Reader suspension of disbelief’ in this tale. But this one IS a big stretch!

One possibility is the private-eye TT’s Sweetie (Sweetie2) has hired! (Who lied about not working for Sweetie2. ) But why would PI or Sweetie2 give a shit about saving (and enhancing) Sweetie’s marriage? Also, if TT is the same Tom as Hubby’s bestie, then it would make sense that Sweetie would recognize Sweetie2 thru the binoculars! Lastly, TT would have Sweetie2 with him if they were upgrading their residence, so they would seem to be looking at business property. Essentially, G.A. is well-disguised by the author. That may reduce the rating, but if these characters are used in other tales, it may get disclosed!

4*

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago

For those who think it is Hubby ... How did Hubby get the photos and the audio? We have to assume that Sweetie has some mental capacity. We also would have to assume that Hubby has a LOT of free time, a buncha suspicion, and amazing technical resources. All Sweetie has to do is show Troll Thomas four houses a day and pick one at random each day where he can press his suit and talk her into what she already thinks will probably be exciting while still safe. That seems to be the one ‘Reader suspension of disbelief’ in this tale. But this one IS a big stretch!

4*

waifwaifover 3 years ago
I LIKED IT

A LOT.

For those that complain about a guardian angel....this is a FANTASY site. Besides, I can give you three credible alternatives to the angel. He could have been a private detective that was investigating the sleazeball and warned her. A spy app on her phone would easily allow anyone to check on whether she followed orders. It could just as easily be that the "guardian angel" had no proof that she obeyed his commands, since she followed the instructions to the letter, how can she verify his knowledge?

I liked it as it was a new twist in a genre that has been mined heavily for new plot devices.

5 Stars and thank you, Doc !

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Hey heh

I liked it. Thanks for writing!

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Wow! This was a new plotline.

Original. For that alone — 4-stars

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Cute Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Cute story . What’s the percentage of married people that aren’t faced with the opportunity to cheat at some point in there marriage, especially woman. Men are always trying and love to fuck married woman . Live to know in America a rough percentage of married people who cheat and then the % of who cheat after being married for a longer period of time . I bet it’s high from conversation I have with people I know . They look for more or different when they can do just that with there spouse like in the story. Spice it up with hubby , do different things and keep it interesting. It’s when the same old same old bore is when one strays. It’s a thing like anal which is taboo and dirty but guys love it . Woman shy away from it but every guy goes for it . Why is it that when younger just starting out sexually the guy gets to try everything with the girl then when she gets older she gets more conservative sexually. So the early boyfriends get the ass , facials, swallowing etc as they figure what her comfort zone is sexually. Then if they ever cheat later on hubby all that stufff comes back in play . If married the guy she’s cheating with will push the envelope. Definitely take her ass to show dominance over hubby even if he’s blind to the affair.

KingBandorKingBandorover 3 years ago

Maybe he is a suspicious hubby. Maybe he hired a detective or has a friend on the Cheaters staff. Maybe he decided to be proactive and find a creative way to save his marriage and get his wife to enjoy blowjobs and anal.

Maybe he used a voice altering device and throw away phones.

Maybe he wasn't lying when he said he had not seen (avoided looking in mirror) or spoken to (doesn't talk to himself) the hubby.

If not the hubby, it gets creepy. Some stranger getting her to do sexual acts and talking to her WHILE hubby plays with the remote-controlled vibrator. Hardly angelic behavior.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A very enjoyable story. good and novel story line. Thank you for your stories.

Wilhelm

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WOW

Great story, well written, and a very imaginative story line. More, please.

Thank you,

detroitdave

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateover 3 years ago
Now That Was FUN

A lot was done in a little space and only using a few tools. This is how good writing happens. It takes some of the themes from "It's a Wonderful Life" and puts it into a cheater's life, with a guardian angel showing the cheat-to-be what her life could have been like if she had gone through with her crime. Very clever.

And there's the little sleight of hand where many wonder who the angel is that they miss the inversion of so many LW tropes, with the re-engagement of the wayward spouse, her secret staying kept, the husband benefiting from WS's almost-mistake and the regret of what almost was is completely overshadowed by the renewed marriage.

i really like the concept and the execution. Well done!

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
I Agree

While forming my reaction to this story I read DevlinCarnate's comment below. I simply can't improve on his summary of my thoughts - thanks, Dev.

Great story without excess baggage but full of great grammar & easy reading.

Keep 'em comin'.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
I liked this.

I really liked this story, and I liked that you left the identity of the angel hanging in the air. The commenters are certainly having fun, coming up with some really creative scenarios that are almost as much fun as the story.

Thank you, sir 5*

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

That was enormous fun. I'll never take Clarence seriously again! 5*

chytownchytownalmost 3 years ago

*** I had to read it again. I still can not figure out who the caller is!!! Thank for the read.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

i like the story. AAA+++

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

I hate stories where the ‘punishment’ of a unfaithful woman (and she was unfaithful, she intended to have sex with someone other than her husband) is to be the wife she always should have been. That’s not enough. She needs to suffer.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

OK... She cheated in every way except penetration; got away with it...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Liked the story. Would have liked some mild punishment for the wife. Flirting and teasing to the point of having another mans hands on her ass and getting close enough that he reserved a room was cheating. She should have thought of or asked her guardian angel to come up with a suitable punishment.

The husband had the access to bug her phone and/or her purse. It really is not that hard. Then track her and get the incriminating evidence. A burner and voice changer (cheap) would do the job. A book or internet search on how to supercharge your sex life or browsing mags like cosmo at a newstand would provide a lot of ideas. And a visit to a sex shop. Then deciding if he still wanted her. Seeing if the thrill of being coerce into new things would work to relieve her emotional desire for some strange. Simply leaving gps tracking, bugs and other apps on her phone and bugs in her car and her purse would allow him to determine if the strategy worked or he needed to BtB.

Maybe the husband had always tracked her and this was the first time she got close. And the husband decided the guy was pretty smooth and she deserved a chance to redeem herself.

Or a member of the cheaters staff, being a little pervy, man or woman with voice changer, getting a little vicarious thrill while saving a marriage. Access to the proper technology. A Cheaters staff member would have a lot of ideas from following and observing cheaters on how to rev up a sexual relationship.

Or, of course, a pervy guardian angel.

Thanks for an imaginative story.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

Maybe your best one

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 3 years ago

Wow, even when the wife does not actually cheat, the commenters still want her to die or something for it. Must have had a really awful life to get to that point.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Again. It was Art. He knew and set Thomas up.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

For anyone thinking it *wasn't* Art, if he was honest about telling no one about their *last* blowjob, then everyone but him is out...

Unless Art helped Thomas' wife *quickly*, no way it *was* him...

Seems likely...? It was an actual Guardian Angel who just happened to be utilizing technology.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Do you know why this score is lower than it could possibly be? You know why and all your arguments against are pointless. While I do not always agree with Chekov, your story would be cited in a debate. If you want more then do some research. I have included enough in my comment to allow you to improve your writing.

I am fairly certain that you felt this attempt was intelligent in its intrigue but ultimately it left the reader wanting. That is what happens when writers get "cute."

Starsong77

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No reveal of how nor who.

Needed that or this was unbelievable fiction.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Husband got suspicious. Maybe he noticed she was animated when speaking of this customer. Or learned a lech was working with his wife.

Locater app and infinity (eavesdropping) apps on her phone. Access to her calendar app.

Good voice changer and anonymizer on his. A little time off from work.

Followed her and videoed her and the sleaze. Or village smoothy if you prefer.

Figured out her problem - she is bored and needs ‘something’ new. Decides to give it to her.

Decides he wants to keep her and/or at least get a last few good times from her. Happy when it works.

Or a sex starved angel living vicariously.

By the way, angels don’t always act like angels and parts of the Bible do not pass the 12 year old test.

Rated R+ for sex, violence and nudity.

Oh and she did get spanked hard enough for it to hurt the next day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

If only more and funkier sex could actually fix this. Nice idea though.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 2 years ago

Imaginative. Short but interesting. A little mystery and unanswered questions. A marriage is saved. A sleaze gets outed.

I think that's worthy of a good score.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent imagination with constructive follow-up results. Light and funny

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The powers of a guilty conscience never cease to amaze. Interesting that hers has a male voice. Perhaps it sounded like Robert Young from an episode of "Father Knows Best."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Unique, creative, and full of love. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only one who could do that was Art

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rbloch66rbloch66about 1 year ago

I'll definitely concede the point where guardian angels actually exist. It makes for a really great story.

Otherwise it be real creepy and stalker-ish.

Loved reading this story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Entertaining, but strange.

robdh51robdh519 months ago

Entertaining! 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x9 months ago

@Lickideesplit. if it's the husband, he doesn't need pics or video!

\

My vote is the husband with a burner phone and a voice changer, tho how he knew about the "Cheaters" program is a mystery.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
It depends

On what you personally consider cheating.

Some people think it's not cheating unless she gets pregnant by another man.

Some people think it's not cheating unless she brings home a disease.

Personally, I think she has already cheated by letting a man not her husband feel her up, meeting him for lunches and keeping secrets from her husband. If it's something you feel you need to keep secret, then it's cheating.

It just depends on what your line in the sand is.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

I still say it was Art.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Interesting story, besides being completely creepy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hmm now there's an idea for a profession: Marriage Guardian Angel. They work in pairs of course; one per spouse. Keep an eye on them to make sure they stay on the straight and narrow and they are reminded of why they're great together and why they shouldn't be tempted to stray from their relationship. I love stories like this when the cheating is stopped before they actually cheat, and the tempted person learns before they make the mistake. It makes my heart to the flippy thing.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider195510 days ago

A creative story. Definitely unique. 4 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDocWords@DocWords
My stories and characters are fiction. I wish I could have done all this stuff. The reviews from Anonymous, on the first few, nearly drove me away. Fortunately, some seasoned writers stepped up and warned me to take comments like those with a grain of salt. It helped. I read...

story TAGS