All Comments on 'Rocky Raccoon Ch. 06'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 113 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ouch!!

This series took a dark twist. How sad.

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerover 3 years ago

wow. Those wind gusts blowing off the rolling plains kicking all sorts of pollen and dust in this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Dam allergy makes my eyes water. Hope the next chapters more upbeat or I'll be getting sore eyes.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
The

Old West was very real and sudden. Great story.

Frogman039Frogman039over 3 years ago
Entertaining to say the least!

I love a good western tale and I believe this is a good one. My imagination is leading me in several directions as to what you have in store for us in the future. The return trip to Mexico is very intriguing. Please do not make us wait too long for the next installment. What more could anyone ask for when the entry fee is free.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yes

Keep them coming.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Still going strong!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A sad end to a loving family

eom

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Rocky needs more lovin in his life... poor poor man

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sooo Good

Really loving this story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Other than changing your tribe

Another spectacular story in the series! Keep em coming!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago
Another great tale to Rocky's saga

Thank you for continuing the series. I hope someone lesser than Randi can convince you to keep going on behalf of all your faithful fans... In the meant time, Merry Christmas!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
hated this chapter

absolutely hated this chapter... but that's just me...

still liked the writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good story telling, good view of the west

Your spelling has picked back up, but trought should be trough. Still 5 * all the way.

redbaron172redbaron172over 3 years ago

Great story-- I'm like the others below, minor grammatical errors but it doesn't kill the story.... Please keep on writing....

johsunjohsunover 3 years ago

Good story. I think the giving of small pox blankets to the Native Americans/First Nations started with the Pilgrims.

Rocky still needs to get revenge on the guy with his wife - and her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I had to remember I was reading a story by qhml1 and not HardDaysKnight

I loved the continuation of the rocky story and look forward to more to come

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Loved It

Too short for me but it keeps the story going. Cannot wait for the next chapter and finale. Please hurry and post.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great Story-Telling

Please do not let this be the last episode of the tale of Rocky. I have enjoyed this saga immensely. Please continue your good work!

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67over 3 years ago
5 ☆s

Excellent story, please continue.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Great writing...but please complete the story!!!

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 3 years ago

Too many subplots...does not A Story equal.

And abruptly giving up on All This?

Feh!

Texican1830Texican1830over 3 years ago
Not for the faint of heart

Or those with bad recollection of characters and events from months ago. IF you ever finish it, I’d advise the readers to set, light, and read it all in one sitting.

Still, as a historian who lives along Comanche Creek, it is a story authentic in tone and detail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Glad You Picked Up The Rock Thread Again

I have really spent a lot of time reading your catalog of work on this site. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the first two chapters of Rocky Raccoon and I was puzzled by the absense of any following submissions for thirty some months. Then you put out four chapters in 2020 and I was delighted that you had picked up the thread again. I don't know how you find the time to research a period like this but to me it feels like there is so much detail of each location, city, tribe etc. that it just carries me along as I experience a constantly evolving tale with a bonus history lesson to boot. Please continue.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
The Series Is Reminiscent

Of a hardcore, naughty version version of John Jakes 'The Americans' or 'The Kent Family Chronicles. Q gives us plenty of references to true historical characters and events, some veiled like Custer numerous times, things to come in the Black Hills, some explicit like Bass Reeves and Judge Isaac Parker. Bass Reeves shares a couple of things in common with Wyatt Earp. Although Q refers to Reeves as a U.S. Marshal, in reality he like Earp was a Deputy U.S. Marshal. Other things that they have in common they were immortalized in numerous movies and TV episodes. Neither man was ever actually wounded in a shootout and both survived into the 20th century dying of old age.

I didn't expect the smallpox/blanket arc, this is still debated by scholars if it really happened to the Plains Indians. Many of the native tribes have handed down versions of the story through the generations claiming it to be true. Without being able to prove that it didn't happen, as a deliberate intention to wipe them out without mercy, denying it would call them liars. Looking at all of the broken treaties and atrocities committed against them I don't doubt that if it could have been done it would have been.

For the person (I forget who) who stated in their comments after one of the chapters that Q should publish some of his work and they would buy it, he has. Don't know beyond Amazon but he has books there under the name of L. Holden Buff.

Great series, especially knowing there is more to come, even with the usual Q typos. ;-} *****'s Signed: BTW

KentuckyroseKentuckyroseover 3 years ago
PLEASE FINISH THIS STORYLINE.

You are one of my favorite author, but is driving me crazy waiting for the next installment.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeabout 3 years ago

This story line fits right in with the Amazon stories by C.J. Petit & R.O. Lane. The difference both of thos authors the wives & children would have both lived.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thanks

once again you are the great entertainer. With wonderful historic flourish, including the greatest lawman in U.S. history.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Yeah!!

What Kentuckyrose said. Please?

EmotionalEmotionalabout 3 years ago
Awesome!

Great story, cant wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

one of the top three stories I have read. Great writing!!!!!!!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 3 years ago

Wonderful tale! Cannot wait to read Rocky’s next adventure.

gopher25gopher25about 3 years ago

Strange that the story ends without Dan ever getting his just desserts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

would like to red more rocky stories

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 3 years ago

Really good writing. Love the adventure. You could use a good proof reader. Can't wait for future installments. An easy 5-😊😊😊😊😊

viper086956viper086956about 3 years ago

GREAT STORY, BUT MUST BE CONTINUED. WHEN IS THE NEXT INSTALLMENT COMING?

SecretLover32501SecretLover32501almost 3 years ago

I'd really like to read more of this story line. Please. With a cherry on top.

Sak77Sak77almost 3 years ago
7 months

Please Q,

PLEASE continue the tale of Rocky and Bul . . . the gang! You've killed Doe Eyes and Smiles and all his kids. :( The evil one continues to roam freely with his slut-whore-bedwarmer. There MUST be some happy resolution to this! Yes, a minor retribution was carried out on the evil land speculator and HIS whore-slut-wife, but it was too quick (in her case at least).

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

pretty sad but a real story from our past....................

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved the story. I really enjoy westerns anyway and thought this was well written and very enjoyable. I see you haven't written anything for awhile, but hope this finds you well. I would really enjoy reading a few more chapters about Rocky's life and see what he does about Bradford and his former wife. Thank you so much for a really entertaining read!

scherja1scherja1almost 3 years ago

I Love this story. PLEASE FINISH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
UGH!

Keep it going or end it! DO SOMETHING!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hope it gets finished i liked it a lot

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Quite the amazing saga! I’ll be keeping an eye out on My Home page, for a notification of your future works. Another chapter in this story would be most welcomed. Finn

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love this series. I'm looking forward to more adventures of Rocky Raccoon.

froggytreefroggytreeover 2 years ago

Hope you are going to finish this one.

gasaragasaraover 2 years ago

Really good story, I enjoyed it very much however we need a closure. Rocky needs to rediscover his self and get Bradshaw. Hurry I am getting old sitting here waiting.

linnearlinnearover 2 years ago

Damn, It was tough reading at the end I was so depressed at the loss of his family. I pray that you finish this, I need for Dan Bradshaw to die horribly.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This one needs to be completed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When are you completing this

tumbleweed246tumbleweed246over 2 years ago

Very good story, I check daily to see if you have posted another installment, hoping you can continue. Thanks

golasgilgolasgilover 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this series and devoured them last night. I hope you get the opportunity to finish the story soon.

VTECH84VTECH84over 2 years ago

YOU NEED TO FINISH OFF BRADSHAW YOU CAN NOT LET IT SIT THIS LONG

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story!

Ravenwolf13Ravenwolf13over 2 years ago

I cannot wait to read more about Rocky. I am relishing Bradshaw's end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
UGH!!!!

Where's the next installment or the end???? It's been quite awhile since chapter 6.

Alleybarber19Alleybarber19over 2 years ago

I don’t understand why you haven’t finished this up yet?!?

Writers block maybe

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the series but I have to know if he gets Bradshaw.

poopybrodypoopybrodyabout 2 years ago

Please finish. He has to face off with Bradshaw for justice.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 2 years ago

Thanks for continuing this series. I very much hope you continue to do so. In the meantime, I wait impatiently (I know, it's just one of my many personal flaws) for whatever you can share with us next. I understand the impatience of my fellow readers, but if they are truly upset, they should demand their money back. Again, thank you for sharing your stories with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Such a great well written in-depth story that just draws you in - and then - disappoints seriously and gravely by just leaving you suspended into the unknown for maybe forever and ever???????

Where O where is the so badly needed ending that will bring closure to so many and to so many left open fronts???????

If your supposedly valued reader fans that support and believe in you mean anything to you, please respect us in turn and finish the damn story!!!!!!! Please……

SW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I do hope that you do not have “writer’s block”. Such good writing should not end this way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very good but please finish the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I read this story or something very close to it on this site but can't remember the title or author. That story was written to completion. Maybe he finished your story. If nothing else, could someone post a link to the completed story if they are aware.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are one of the best authors on this site but I do hate when a story does not have an ending or is so bad an ending that quite frankly what is the point! I've left similar comments on other stories, so I'll stop now.

I did enjoy the story and was, in the main, well written!! Please continue writing stories, I especially appreciate the "Cheating wife" and revenge ones! I read this series because the other stories I read of yours.

Dobbin55

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really hope you right that lady chapter for this one. It's been a awesome story but please don't leave it hanging out in the wind like this. I need that prime ending and Bradshaw's bitch ass needs to die

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story but I was very disappointed in the ending. What happened to Bradshaw and the bitch, did he get revenge on them or not? Did he get remarried, if so who? Just to much of the story unanswered for the length of the story.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersalmost 2 years ago

Excellent series, can't be finished, so many loose ends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Like so many of your stories, you build up an extraordinary story, like a masterpiece, and then all of a sudden it gets full of hole. There is no ending. We are left hanging. The are nothing but loose ends. As I said in my comment for some other stories, you DO NOT have respect for your readers. And that is a BIG negative for me. If the rating scale allowed it, I'd give you a MINUS 5* for giving us an unfinished story. Very disappointing!

0*

BJ

Runner4069Runner4069almost 2 years ago

What the hell kind of ending it that, you started out so promising, and then part 6 seems like you were rushing,and there is no finish, or part 7 & 8, I know it's a free site but that gives?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It is a great story almost as good as split trails. Unfortunately the ending is bad because I would like to know what happened to the antagonist. I gave it all 5's,but I would like an ending

ambernight3ambernight3over 1 year ago

I really wish for the next chapter.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

An excellent story as usual by our author Q, This was my second reading and I thought he had found Bradshaw at one point? Maybe there are some hidden chapters. Quite an epic story.

sofdbmsofdbmover 1 year ago

So, tie up the loose ends

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second time I’ve read this and hope you finish it ! Really good story I’d buy it if was in book form

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, but obviously not finished. It's been awhile, so when do you intend to finish it???

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When are you going to finish the story? It's going on 2 years since the last installment. Surely this is not the ending you intended.

PatrickThomasPatrickThomasover 1 year ago

Q, please give us more Rocky. This is my third time going through your offerings and I’m enjoying them as much as the first time. But, more please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the very best, fun, gripping and awesome plot. And extremely well written, but ......

I can't help thinking there's a couple of loose threads. Would be great to find out what happens next.

Strand

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the story up to this point but it’s not finished. 5 stars but I really hope you take time to finish it.

FaithfulToWifeFaithfulToWifeover 1 year ago

Thank god for killing all of Rocky's wives and children. They all avoided finding out how big a slut was their father/husband.

Waiting for more parts where we can read adventures of our moral MC :-)

Cheggars1000Cheggars1000over 1 year ago

Needs to be finished

ian0452ian0452over 1 year ago

I have read and reread all of your stories and I still can’t get enough. Please don’t stop writing I think you are the best writer on this site

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So, Dapper Dan and The Slut get away with it?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Who do you think the blond hair on the lance belonged to?

Dapper Dan as you call him!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Please finish it!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Auwwwww Mannnnnn!

No more? Does Bradshaw get his come uppins ah la Snidely Whiplash?

Does Doe Eyes have a twin sister who had been studying in Europe and returns for the love interest?

Does Lilith join a convent for wayward ladies of the profession?

Does Dark Horse become a politician and run for the Senate as…..(hold the moaning) A Dark Horse Candidate?

And! Does Rocky meet the love of his life?, a seven foot tall 300 lb Cherokee maiden called Winking Moose (shortened to Bullwinkle)

We’re dying for closure here Q!

Oh BTW: Everywhere Rock stops he’s picking up enough firearms to make a Ukrainian envious. He’s packin enough firepower to sink a battleship! Not blow holes in one. Just the weight of all those guns would be enough to outright sink it!

No rating until you finish. Besides I’m outa Moon Pies and in a pissey mood. Off to da next story….

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Totally agree with Anonymous! Auwwwwww Mannnnn! Chapter 7, 8, 9, 10, ???? Don't leave me here!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I detest writers who can’t finish a story. It’s why I stopped reading Dan!Steele & go back and leave one stars on all his stories every few days.

GreWulfGreWulf9 months ago

Incomplete.Waiting for a finish.Why not finish the story before submitting it.Dragging it out over six years (and counting) kinda takes the edge off it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ugh I can't believe this hasn't been finished 😪 was really enjoying this as a story and now have Bern left frustrated. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Needs to be finished properly not left half complete!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago
unfinished

6 parts and no ending . If you can't finish it , don't start it !!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It needs the ending!

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun6 months ago

Great story. I do agree that a finish would be great. Thanks.

used2bjustjused2bjustj6 months ago

This story reminds me a lot of the great western writer Louis L'Amour. Except for the included sex scenes. lol

Like others have stated I wish there was the conclusion as to what happens between Rocky and Dan.

Definitely 5/5

J

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Surely you ran out of ink again. It's getting frustrating. This will be my last time reading your unfinished tributes ro piss off what used to be your readers.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Please, FTDS

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES