All Comments on 'I Should Know'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Another winner

Thank you for sharing your words with me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Life as it is and as it should turn out

DG:

This story is really a morality play. The stupid mistakes of youth, followed by the reflections in the middle years, and the consequences reaped in the later years. Except; you've chosen to allow the hero to learn from his mistakes and reap a rich reward. Ain't love grand! Thank You. Ronnie W.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
A really great love story

and the trials and tribulations he went through to get to his real love.

A truly great reading and some words of wisdom for marriage along with it.

You do write good stories, DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
To DG Hear

This story is about as real as it gets. Great job!

Thank you

An avid reader of DG's stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
yes Again

As usual you have been able to write something that I could not stop reading until the end. You are able to right something not very erotic as compared to others but really touching and true. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
As always

As always you do a great job. I especially love the quote at the wedding dinner.

Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good story

As always, I enjoy your stories regardless of what catagory they fall into. I have you on my favorites menu in case I am out of town. Thanks,

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Well done!

DG,

When you decide to write romance you don't screw around. This is as good a story as any I've ever read. It's more realistic for the characters and situations than most of the stories around.

Thank You for another spectacular effort.

louguy35louguy35over 17 years ago
When I saw DG Hear, I knew I had to read it.

I normally do not read romance stories on Lit.com, but I do look for certain authors' names. Your name is one of those whose stories I always read. I must say, you write a damned good romance story. I know that I am repeating what most of the other commentors have said, but there is little else to say. Your story had realistic characters, believable circumstances or plot, and an ending that was about as appropriate to the story as one could have.

Extremely well done...and heart touching. Thanks for writing it.

Cheers!

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
One of the best romances with honor and love

This was a great Romance.

I know I’m a fan of DG so I’m biased. Well if you read his stories and are not moved or find it thought provoking then we are reading different material. I have had issues with a couple of his stories but never his ability to try and make it complete.

I think his maturity of his characters is one of the reasons they all come across with emotions and depth. You don’t wonder what the characters are feeling his dialogue with adjectives put you there to feel and hear the emotion. I do not apologize for praising a piece of work that moves me and also makes me happy.

Thank you DG for the extensive work you put into your stories. I wish I could even understand how you put so much fullness in them.

Thank you

PT

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Well Done

A sweet story, well told. Should be required reading for all newlyweds. Thanks, DG

cageyteecageyteeover 17 years ago
I often feel that, for me,

the world is always a little bit better on the days when I find a new DG Hear story to read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great story but

Ray seems to have some problems with rage and control. He "beat the living shit" out of 2 people and threatened anyone who comes on to Sally. Did he ever think that Sally could take care of herself without meddling my him which could have screwed up her career. Other than that its truly a great romantic story with a sweet ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
another great story

All anyone needs to do to see your writing ability is to click and see your submissions. Most of them have very high ratings. This is the latest in a line of excellent stories.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Another classic DG story

What a great read! Well done once again, DG. All of us who took a while to get it right can REALLY appreciate this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Puzzling

The 15 people sitting around the table had beat it 6 ways to Christmas. Still no one could really put their finger on - determine why certain product sales had picked up dramatically last November.

Marketing tried to claim credit but Sales said no one had done much different to account for it. The sales surge aberation had continued well into 2006 with spikes no one could explain - well not conclusively.

Several surveys had been blind alleys until customer service following up on several complaints had preformed their own non-professional telephone survey. It wasn't accurate enough to sway opinions but little else could explain why sales took off immediately after that Author in Ohio put out another Romance Story.

Now some may suggest that the product was soft and in a roll but that was just sour grapes however moving the stories were.

No. The product was boxed and soft in small sheets. Regardless, the folks at Kimberly Clark looked forward to each new story to plan production and celebrate the certain upcoming sales.

Thanks Author - You have the real touch so don't change a thing.

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great Story But ! Right.

Great as Always. DG.

If "Great story but " was any more PC he probably would have had Sally apologize for being so hard to get. I'm sure that Sally would prefer to be groped on the elevator. Maybe even get another job. I would have kicked their asses too. Ever hear of fiction?

Tom

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Great Story

Another great story from one of the best . Thanks for all of the great stories D.G.

Miguel232Miguel232over 17 years ago
Storyteller

My best wishes to a great storyteller who writes with compassion.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
Some story require comment

But niot all. Some are just meant to be appreciated. This is one. Leave the comments for the folks who need the help and hair spliting.

DG - A great job!

Best Wishes and Regards,

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wonderful story, DG!

You pose a tough question with your statement, "I often wonder how many marriages are out there like mine was, everyone going through the motions, but deep down suffering in their own way." There are some problems that even if there were good communication it wouldn't be enough.

There are so many elements nicely done. Your advice to Tim was spot on. This story should be required reading for all couples planning a marriage - maybe even for those already married.

Great stuff!

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
needs nothings else

This is a good story, from a good writer. It needs nothing else. But I, being human, must offer you my thanks and tell you how good it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great rules ...

...to live by. as I get ready to marry for the third time I will emplement the rules or try to at least.

Great story as always

Mike

IrfonIrfonabout 12 years ago
Good one !!

Always been a sucker for a Happy Ending...:-)

...and DO heed the words on How to Have a Successful Marriage !!

Thank you for a cheerful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
dghear is one of the best writers on this site

i love most of your work and this one had a good ending. please keep your stories coming..

mat1014mat1014almost 12 years ago
What a pleasure to read...

Truly a 'feel good' story. I hope all of us who read it can incorporate the lessons and wisdom it contains into our own relationships. Thanks, DG!

Mat1014

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Used to write for cuckboys

He is getting wiser

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
thanks again

thanks again. I have known a few Rays over my many years. 3 of them found their Sally. Each of them has been married to their "Sally" longer than the sum of their previous marriages. Each of them is a far better man if for no other reason than the 2 of them make a wonderful ONE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very Good One

You always write well, DG.

This is another good one.

Thank you.

HP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

I really enjoyed this story.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
A USERS REMORSE

and a 2nd guessers regrets, that is one you should never lose. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Truer words and all that

This is a winner and younger readers should listen to the wisdom very closely -

Older readers who have not figured it out should as well and work their damndest to live it now -

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
ONE MAY OR SHOULD ALWAYS KNOW

but being able to handle it, another accomplishment,,,, TK U MLJ LV NV

yummymikeyummymikeover 9 years ago
Regrets!

Just when I thought I had no more tears to shed.........you just had to prove me wrong! I loved the story but I love my ex wife more and wish I knew then what I know now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
No Whipped Cream!!!

I'm glad you skipped the whipped cream this time. (Those who have read many DGHear stories know what I'm talking about). It IS possible to have too much of a good thing!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 9 years ago
Fantastic

A very sweet and loving well written story.

Thanks

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
woulda shoulda, and

if only

I lived most of his life.

Just didn't get to have the final part.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
great story

heartfelt rules to live by.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another lesson

Thanks DG; it's a pleasure to your your stories.

They are a lesson in how to do it right

HP

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
GREAT!

Never better explained than a marriage should be. Everyone (myself included) should learn from what has been told here. Never take anything for granted, communication is essential, nurturing love is imperative, and putting your partner ahead of you is the foundation of a relationship forever.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017about 6 years ago
Thank You

The Old Romantic said it best, all I have to add is to second his comment. Thank you for sharing this wonderful and oh so true story. Your hard work is much appreciated by this reader.

NorthPacific

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I never thought ...

This is a truly great story. Amazing thing is I never thought I would see Dr James Dobson words of wisdom being quoted in a literotica story. Well played!!

Ocker51Ocker51over 5 years ago
Thumbs up

5 ⭐️ All the way, excellent😁

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 5 years ago
Thank you

a marvellous tale, well told, with a great ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Add up the years

You’ll find he couldn’t have been in his fifties when he finally settled down.

DGHear2DGHear2almost 3 years ago

I loved it! But, again, I wrote it. It has been a long time since I last read it and all the comments. Thank you all for all the kind words and taking the time to read my story. It is truly appreciated.

with respect

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, got a bit repetitive near the end. I just don't know if I would want to have any kind of relationship with an ex other than to discuss parenting and since these kids are grown that eliminates any reason to be around the ex. Do not invite her to my wedding. That's like opening an old wound and pouring in the salt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

In his early adult life, Ray was an idiot and it took a lot of bad experiences for him to learn the hard way. But he finally did ... thank goodness.

Ray probably was the best tutor possible for Tim who followed up on his mother's recommentration to have a talk with Ray. When Ray asked Tim why he came to him for advice knowing he had lots of failures, Tim said that since Ray knew what did NOT work he would also know what would work?

Sally is an excellent character and she obviously has a VERY solid head on her shoulders. She deserves lots of love and Ray has the experience needed to broaden her world of sex and appreciate it fully.

Very good read and 5*

BJ.

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

Nice story.

But I find that she is a bit silly and childish, lacking in a certain maturity.

it looks like you wanted to tick all the right boxes. which in the end, has a little damaged the story.

- the woman has feelings for the 2 while being young.

- he almost regrets marrying Dave and losing Ray.

- Dave was a cheating husband and Sally a remarkable wife.

- Ray was his protector all his life.

- Ray was a fool when he was young, but now he knows everything.

- Ray is a great lover, much better than his ex-husband, and of course it's fashionable to belittle him.

Why did you want to make Dave look bad/demean/demean in order to make your main character look better.

It would have been more mature to grow Ray to the level of a good Dave, a kind, considerate, attentive Dave, a good lover, protector, lover....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wonderful!...

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

What a great second chance for happiness for Ray and Sally, they love each growing up together and only circumstances kept them from being together earlier in life. Well written with a great storyline with that great happily ever after. Well done 5/5

AileyInnAileyInnalmost 2 years ago

Great story! It made me emotional so, obviously, it ticked my boxes even though I wasn’t evaluating your style, flow, character treatment, and all the technical stuff. Thank you for it. I have read most of your stories and, somehow, overlooked this one. I’m looking forward to your next one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In a day and age when the importance marriage and family as the basis of society is so minimised and a time when sex "making love" is confused with giving unselfish love, this story can help get the focus where it should be and then help bring bout the positive results marriage and family can be for all. Only 53 comment in 16 years? So many are missing out on the wisdom present by DG Hear.

A very pleased reader!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

In this day and age with all-time high divorce rates there are valuable lessons to heed. I had a good example to follow myself in my parents but we lost focus along the way. We lasted 20 years but 20 more years after that we are friends. Maturity probably helped, almost as much as living in different houses! Thank you for a well thought out tale DG.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think that this may well be one of your best stories, the first love scene with Sally and the speech at Tim’s wedding, both brought tears to my eyes. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I enjoyed all 3 stories. You brought all three together very well. I don't normally comment but these stories deserved a comment.

usaretusaret3 months ago

You said “I hope you enjoyed the story”, and I did. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5713 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories