All Comments on 'Merry F-ing Christmas'

by smy3th

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Touching

This story makes you think about Christmas a little differently. Very well written. I found the little side bars very comical. Great job

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Perfect Story

Outstanding story. This is the kind of story with a sad beginning and a perfect end. Thank you for a beautiful story, keep them coming.

Sassy SusanSassy Susanover 17 years ago
Ho, ho, ho. F--k

Christmas will never be the same. Loved it, especially the love scenes. And the sex is good, too.

Susan

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Merry F-ing Christmas

Yes, Mery christmas Fucking.

JH-1

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good Story

A good story with an actual plot! However, it is your story,. Ir is not necessary to apologize or explain to the reader why you wrote it. Keep up the good work.

R. Richard

Queen of MarsQueen of Marsover 17 years ago
Paradox

This story was quite a paradox; both ethereal and magical and lovely, but laced with earthy, realistic, and bitter streaks. I do understand the characters' sense of alienation and emptiness. While also sentimental and more than a bit conveniently coincidental, I find your tail, er, tale, a comforting Christmas treat and a reminder of the faith, hope, and love many of us have lost. And the sex was hot, too! Thanks!

imhandyimhandyover 17 years ago
Superb

Excellent story, well writen. I laughed and I cried and I thourghly enjoy it. You are a great story teller. I did enjoy your interjections, they brought more of the story to life.

rgraham666rgraham666over 17 years ago
Sweet

One of the sweetest romances I've read on Lit.

A wonderful piece of work.

I especially identified with Jack as I know from bitter experience how little quality work is cared for in the modern work world.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A lovely description of small town Ameriaca

I felt like I was walking down the street, along with Jack.

Your statement, "Engineering was sort of like fucking: it felt great, but it couldn't sustain a relationship all by itself." is a classic.

The writing has a nice, beautiful, lyrical style of its own.

Kind regards, Jack

rkm10rkm10over 17 years ago
Is this what christmas is about, i hope so.

One of the best stories i have read on the site, brought a tear even to my eye (and i'm a man). wish i could write like this. absolutly brilliant.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
Nice Romance

What a surprise to find such a nicely written story today. Well done, Smy3th.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 17 years ago
Wonderful Excellent and Superb

I so thoroughly agree with IMHANDY and DJ on what a wonderful story. The interjections made it such an added delight.

This has got to be one of the best years of Christmas Stories I have been so lucky to read. The past years have had a few wonderful Stories like “Joesephus” “Christmas Alone” which is my favorite but so many good Authors this year with stories that touch the heart and feelings abound.

Thank you so much

With high regard

PT

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
phrase over-used

a few times is okay; but not every fuckin' conversation! the idea that two losers have finally found romance is silly!

all they've conveyed to the audience are their sad, teary, and left behind stories!

we certainly don't really care much about two losers whose every fuckin' word seems to be "Merry fucking christmas!"

now, if they had been built by the author in such a way, as to allow them to become ODD friends with each other, NEVER getting to really wanting to know each other beyond the hello's and daily chat in the park,,, and this has been going on for, say, 2 or 3 years,,,, THEN, YES, it'd make sense,,,

but as the athor wrote it, after a few days and it's "Okay, lover, you place or mine? I don't feel like masturbating alone, do you? Okay, mine, then.... Oh, gosh, push it in, deeper, deeper,,, Oh, I didn't want to fall in love but I coun't help it!"

I mean, WTF! this is NO love; it's pure fuckin' activity! The guy is still a loser and the woman is a masochist, who goes from one abusive relationship to another, promising all the while, that she's never gonna want a man again,,, well, beyond quick sex,,,,

I mean, wasn't that how or why the men in her previous live had been beating the crap out of her? LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Merry F***** Christmas

how many can almost relate to this? change the names and professions and its life great job enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great!

I loved this story of two souls who founf faith, love, and hope!

DRSPEAKDRSPEAKover 17 years ago
Pretty F****** Good

It is a rare storey that floats between harsh reality and beautiful fantasy. You pulled it off. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Great

One of the best Christmas stories I've ever read.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sweet Christmas Romance

This is what Christmas has always been for me...being with someone you love. I loved how with the being laid off, and the broken marriages you kept the story in the harsh reality we face, but ended with two cynical adults finding faith, hope, and love again. Great Story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Wordsmithing to wonder at.

Thanks Smy3th.

Good wordsmithing always makes me wonder about the author's real job!

I liked the romance of the setting and the care taken to plug it into the reality of life as is. The customers could just about sustain the toyshop.

The care of the couple for each other worked for me. The sex is pretty much needed here, but the story didn't need it. Was the change of font to illustrate the optional extra?

That many of us of a certain age could identify with the sentiments expressed - and find ourselves rather thoughtful at time, was a powerful hook.

Thank you for taking the time to post here.

Faith, hope and love to us all!

Fennishman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Thank You

By far one of the best stories I`ve read. It has such a mix of the way life really is. Your added touches of reasons to keep reading had humor, and added to my interst which was at full bore and no way was I stopping. Readers that overlooked this story and didn`t read it will never know what they missed. My only comment for them is I hope they have a "Merry Fucking Christmas" as for you I wish the best Chritmas ever and thank you for this gift of a story.

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very well done!

What a wonderful way to rekindle the spirit in a couple of damaged souls. A really great story, thank you for sharing it with us.

Lady_SilverLady_Silverover 17 years ago
Erotic Christmas Classic?

I don't think I could add any more to the positive comments others have written. It was a wonderful read. A lot of the movie classics have a little potential spice in them that make us smile and know what goes on behind the scenes. This story just takes us there in a nice way without losing the flavor of the story. I'm sorry for those who can't feel and enjoy the spirit and hope and even humor you've written in this one. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I thought this was a wonderful story!

The characters are life-like and cynical but the story is magical and romantic! I loved it!!

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
A nice Christmas story

Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Somehow the asides appealed to my strange sense of humour.

Thanks for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well done!

Something I'd expect Charles Dickens to write if he lived in the 21st century.

rachlourachlouover 17 years ago
That was -

a wonderful story and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As has been said, almost Dickensian in tone. I liked the touches of humour in it as well. Well done and good luck in the contest.

wyckdwenchwyckdwenchover 17 years ago
Another year same sentiment

I can tell you that many a year I have said those same words and this year is no different. Unfortunately mine never have the happy ending that Jack and Mary did. Maybe its because my last name if different. I loved the humor, the interections and the style of the story telling. You have a way of making the most skeptical believe in the spirit of Christmas. A good Christmas fuck cheers the spirit as well. Thanks for writing and good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sex scenes

really really loved the descriptions of sex and lovemaking in this story, exactly right. Mmmmmmmmm.

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
A wonderful story

Made even better

By the embellishments

of your commentary...

Merry L-ing Christmas to you

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Sweet sexy story

I particularly loved the commentary, appealing as it did to my cynical nature. But the tale itself was great, made me almost look forward to Christmas this year... A top-notch story.

MunachiMunachiover 17 years ago
very nice story!

and i liked the little comments every now and then... great story!

kbatekbateover 17 years ago
Well done

Could use an editor, but you have an excellent story, good characters and hot sex.

Good Luck.

RogueLurkerRogueLurkerover 17 years ago
great story

A wonderfully sweet tale. Well done!

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 17 years ago
Can't say anything...

That hasn't already been said, here! :) It was an enjoyable read. I liked the tone of it, a little wry... nice. Great job, good luck in the contest!

damppantiesdamppantiesover 17 years ago
Rekindling Hope

You've done a very good job here with patching up the ones among us who've lost sight of hope, trust and love. It will take more than this, but like Michael with his toys, you've given us temporary pleasure, a smile for a day. A really warm and lovely story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
A good tale

Thanks a lot for your story. I don't understand the self-depreciation though. You have nothing to be ashamed of in this story as far as I can see.. We could all use some faith and love in our daily living .. Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Man im still crying...

I agree. you shouldnt have to explain yourself. That is what the story is for. If someone allows for their thought to mislead, let them assume for their own benefit.

This was so well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
A touching story!

Thankk You for a lovely Christmas romance with just the right amounts of real life and romance!

auhunter04auhunter04over 12 years ago
Christmas

this time of year can be very difficult for those who have lost a spouse or loved one. It should not be that way but it is. This story brings alive the magic of Christmas as seen thru childern's eyes along with the gift of real life and real times

I have to agree with the main characters, pride in workmanship is gone no matter it be engineering, dress making or toys.

I have read this many times and always come away with a feeling of joy, sadness and good cheer.

Dear readers, Merry Christmas to all__________________(you supply the ending)

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
A STRONG 5+

after reading the story and learning the characters, WHAT ELSE. GOOD JOB "SMITTY". TK U MLJ LV NV

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
NOTHING!!

Less than five on this one, and it truly deserves MORE than that for a score. Very lovely and touching read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not Erotica

I feel (my humble opinion) this is a great story, should be cleansed and made into a made for TV Christmas Movie, if some nudity is needed HBO it. It would be nice to see Mary's pert turned up nipples.

J_RReaderJ_RReaderover 8 years ago
Magic

Found this whist scrolling through the “Christmas” tags, just the sort of story I was looking for.

Wonderfully magic but a wonderful real magic that is believable, just what I was looking for.

anonymousinblueanonymousinblueover 5 years ago
grrr

"Fuck me," she said. "Now!"

"Well, ok, if that's what you want, but does it really have to be this way? Can't we at least get to know each other's favorite color?"

Right. Losers find love fantasy, unexpected benefactor ending. Perfect one to go for, low risk, good reward. It'd be nice for this good luck in making unexpected and fortunate discovery to happen more often, but that is usually an event that requires significant energy input by decree of the universe where matter normally reverts to the lowest stable energy form. So, despite the claims of the author, it is fantasy, although not strictly forbidden by physics. And to twist words a little, if it wasn't fantasy, it would belong in non-erotic, as some sort of erotic fantasy must be fulfilled to qualify for an erotic section. Huh, I guess people really get off on burning bitches...but I won't judge myself for it.

"Merry fucking Christmas" was fine; the repeated appeals to the reader were not ok by me, and it matters. Go ahead, poke the bear with "Mary," but who cares if someone expects her last name to be Christmas. In fact, it's probably better to let the reader suppose that, whether or not it's really the case. Fuck, I can't stand narrators trying to talk to me. Their shrill voices, interrupting oranges, and pompous assumptions...no, please, stop before I call the cops.

And, like, while the sex wasn't particularly erotic (it really needs to be an erotic coupling or a well done romance), it seemed to have been written by someone with a grasp of how erotica works, but when she demanded his seed, it should have been left there. Instead, the story takes a brief turn to the obscene when she says, "I want to suck it out of you." That's not particularly obscene or offensive, but incongruous with the rest of it all. The seed is abstract and symbolic; sucking cum is concrete, unimaginative, inflexible, and relatively obscene.

Bye for now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Absolutely perfect - thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous