All Comments on 'The Neighbour'

by PaulaApril

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
orangecuriousorangecurious5 months ago

oh my god, Vesta Curry!!! Brilliant story.

amadthonamadthon5 months ago

Great story telling, thanks for sharing!

CriosCrios5 months ago

What an awesome story! I'm American (but of roughly the same generation as Kevin) so I didn't understand some of the slang and references. Spent a bit of time googling some of it.

As Kevin says, this story is BANGIN!

IJS0904IJS09045 months ago

Wonderfully romantic. I'm not familiar with the language of that era in England so I may have missed some nuances but that didn't take anything away from your wonderful story. I love your writing style and your characters. Superb work. Thank you very much for sharing.

KiwigiverKiwigiver5 months ago

Great story although the ending seemed a bit rushed

PartlyPartly5 months ago

Very good story and wonderful writing. Put me right back in the 70’s.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the very best stories I've read here in a long time. The ending was great so it doesn't HAVE to have a sequel but I think there's a bunch of us who would like one.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

LOTS better than most of what's here! Really enjoyed the writing. Looking forward to whatever else you write.

sparktjsparktj5 months ago

You r writing really is so good. I found it hard to put down as it took me right back to my teens. I was about the same age as Kevin in the period you described, so related to your story very closely. It was a 50-something landlady who educated me sexually, great memories.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’ve got to agree with several of the comments - this took me straight back to my teenage years (exactly the same time as Kevin). Perhaps a little too colloquial for readers who didn’t ‘grow up’ in Thatcher’s Britain, but it was a great read. Teenage angst and love pulls through. Loved it!

PaulaAprilPaulaApril5 months agoAuthor

Apologies to my American or younger readers for the specific time frame and language. I do try to write a mixture of themes and for differing audiences. This one was probably with my older followers in mind who lived this era.

However, I try to make stories like this as accessible to those who don’t know the specifics of a given time period so well by avoiding the embedding of slang or historical details so deeply that they distract from the story. It’s there to add interest and colour the background rather than to be the story.

I like to experiment in my writing and stretch my own use of language. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don’t. It does seem most people have enjoyed this particular tale for which I’m grateful. Thank you. Paula.

silentgazesilentgaze5 months ago

It's a wonderful story. but as an Asian the story ending don't sit well with me maybe because different culture, but I think his parents deserves better treatment than this. The son's behavior just seemed very ungrateful. Or maybe it's because he's still not mature yet. Overall it's good story to read

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

11 chapters well done. Thank you for this long read. I yet long for the seventies. Ugh !

Franglais83Franglais834 months ago

Another great tale, many thanks.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanus4 months ago

A great story with good Character development and realistic conversations. You wrote with a good pace to also make it believable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This should be a movie. Fantastic!

droid01droid0115 days ago

I love everything I've read that this author wrote. The story envelopes me and I can't seem to stop reading until the end. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Micktg007Micktg00711 days ago

Loved it from start to finish and brought back a few memories👍

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPaulaApril@PaulaApril
Amateur author of erotica. My stories are sometimes an outlet for my deviant or bi-curious thoughts that I'm too nervous to try in real life. May be one day. Some collections and longer works are available on Amazon Kindle for anyone who wants to add my work to their library.