All Comments on 'Stranger Things have Happened...'

by Wolf007

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
rflikeslitrflikeslit18 days ago

Awesomeness, at times hard to follow, but all was sorted out a little further on. Think this is in the wrong category, Novels, would be better a placement.

Fiction always requires a suspension of belief, and this is first rate fiction , Clive Cussler style

DSolomonDDSolomonD17 days ago

I jumped to the last page so I could write a comment to let you know that maybe I think perhaps I might understand what you are trying to say, But it is just too much work.

I'll be glad to read after you attach yourself to an editor for this and pay close attention. There might be a glimmer of an interesting idea here but it is obfuscated by confusing verbiage.

servant111servant11117 days ago

Absolutely the most insane compendium of Deux ex Machina I have ever run across. Almost every sentence has a now off stage entrance into the “story.” Frankly the sheer creativity required to pen this astoundingly complex narrative is staggering. I found my head exploding about page 7. I then skipped to the comments section to pen this missive. I put this into my favorites so that I can peruse it at a more opportune time because it’s haven’t a clue what is actually happening in this tale infill I get a chance to find and reconstitute the fragments of my mind exploded in the perusal of the first 7 pages.

I find this a one of the most interesting and chaotic stream of consciousness adventures I have come across to date…

5 stars. and a big Wowsa!!!

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

I tried, so help me I tried. But by page six I couldn't figure out what story I was reading.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

I don't have a clue as to what I just tried to read! There is no continuity from one paragraph to the next; too many sections where it appears the author lost his stream of thought. Might be a story if there was some thought given to plot development!

moondragon69moondragon6917 days ago

Got to page two and totally lost the plot

I have no idea what was going on

I finally gave up on page three

ThomasEThomasE17 days ago

I lasted about a page and a half. Extremely disjointed.

RanDog025RanDog02517 days ago

Damn what an amazing story! Purrrfect story. Loved every minute of it, thank you! Worthy of BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

The grammar is so bad. That's a shame because there is some weight to the story, but the poor grammar makes it hard to follow.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Just didn't make sense, couldn't follow a thing. Jump around too much and got lost after a few pages, so gave up trying to understand what you had written!

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermit17 days ago

This was a potentially great story the Author managed to turn into a total mess! It was exceedingly difficult to read and follow with glaring errors throughout. for one, even if there was a cave large enough to hold three ships, being wooden, over the two to three hundred years they were hidden, they would have rotted and sank. No way would they be seaworthy! The story jumped around too much and had no progression. Major rewrite required.

MasterKoteMasterKote17 days ago

Good story but most of the story jumped all over the place making it a lil hard to keep up. Should've been categorize under novels and probably broken up into chapters instead.

katibkatib17 days ago

If you have a logical mind and are accustomed to think clearly, avoid this jumble of words.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo17 days ago

A sometimes hard to follow though intriguingly rollicking good enough tale to keep me in it to the end! You are an imaginitive story fabricator but a not so good writer. Seeing the composite score given by all the others I've been leery of giving it a shot. I'm very glad I did, even though it reads like a readers digest version of a much longer novel; maybe even two. As long as it is and as much that is wrong with it, it would be asking a lot of an editor to volunteer to work with you to clean it up. But it has the heart and the promise of a great tale, if you really put the work into it and got the editorial help it needs.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Glad my tablet ran out of power. Just before I made a comment. Lost.....

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

To all the naysayers , I say get a job. This is a wonderful story even though at times you need to keep an open mind and as you read on the light shall shine on the darkness.

26thNC26thNC17 days ago

Just not able to slog through 16 pages of this jumbo jumbled mess. Start a little more reasonably sized story with an editor before you try for an epic.

tiredandoldtiredandold16 days ago

Got lost several times but you caught me up. Epic tale of pirates, stole lives, vanquished enemies, and love.

KarenCDFLKarenCDFL16 days ago

What a freaking mess.

I barely got through the first chapter and said the hell with it a few paragraphs into chapter two.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour16 days ago

I tried. I made it three pages before I threw in the towel I like the longer stories on here.

It was just to disjointed to follow. Thank you fo the effort.

🌟🌟

JustloosenmrJustloosenmr16 days ago

Hard to follow, good story but had to re read some areas to get the list.

Otherwise, great story to read.

patilliepatillie16 days ago

The first page frightened me off of reading more. It was pure fantasy, and disagreeable to read. Sorry you clearly put a lot of effort into this, but I cannot take the time to plow thru.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster115 days ago

Although it was a bit schizophrenic in the time jumps, especially after Mikel found his son who went from a child to an adult very suddenly, overall it was an enjoyable read... five stars worth.

The other challenge was the many (it seemed) typos, but considering the length of the story I didn't think they 'wounded' it enough to hurt it, and overlooked them to give all 5 stars.

.

Thanks for an interesting journey...

NickTeeNickTee15 days ago

What the fuck?

the6ulprsnthe6ulprsn15 days ago

Actually felt like a rollicking joyride. Admittedly, one has to get past some of your odd tendencies early on. I thought it was me (gummies are legal where I live) that lost my train of thought and jumped to another until I actually stared at a paragraph that started speaking about a character but I the very next sentence changed not only the subject but a different plot line. Can’t disagree that it made the early part of the story a challenge to work through. Interesting story though.

Th7thson1951Th7thson195114 days ago

Stranger things have happened? No, they havent

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

where is part 2 a good story needs a good finish

GlancerGlancer14 days ago

That was good fun! Nuff said!

larrys3dlarrys3d13 days ago

I'm glad I have a mind that can jump so quickly between secnarios. The story kept my ADHD brain engaged across the multiple hours it took to consume, and while a few slightly less jarring switches would have been nice, the story was engaging and fun Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWolf007@Wolf007
A simple man who enjoys simple things. Perhaps a picnic and a bottle of wine, or sit out and watch the stars.