All Comments on 'My Ego is My Friend!'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

I wonder if Jane, the first girlfriend, ever regrets the decision she made!

5

francemanfranceman3 months ago

I had to go to great lengths to open a dictionary, check the definition of ego:

- Ego refers to the self, i.e. the representation and awareness that any individual has of himself. In the psychological realm, the ego is often perceived as the substance of our personality. In the spiritual realm, the ego is seen more as that which prevents us from attaining a form of truth, of depth.

5⭐. Thanks for the clarification.

Since visiting Lit I thought ego was a special term for men only, to talk about their dicks and their insecurities.🤣🤣

other2other1other2other13 months ago

Great story; there have been a few complaints about EGO recently. However, you nailed it. A person's ego and sense of self should be handled correctly.

Well Done!

John Other

FireFox59FireFox593 months ago

Outstanding explanation on what an ego really is.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey3 months ago

Well done, and thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well done. I couldn’t stop reading. Often, ego is perceived as something negative. You’ve shown me the other side of it I didn’t even realize existed.

Buster2UBuster2U3 months ago

Nice Fun Story! 10 Big Blazing Stars. Loved it, The only burn was on the first Girlfriend that "Wanted her Cake, and to Eat it Too", Whatever the 'excuse' when someone wants to look for more than a relationship offers the other half usually won't like that. Breaking up completely is a normal reaction, to wanting to cheat. Just like breaking up for actual cheating. Using ego for an 'excuse' by a cheating spouse is typical. Thanks, Buster2U

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ3 months ago

Very nicely said. Thanks

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundasson3 months ago

These days ego is a negative word for what is actually self-esteem.

hindsight2020hindsight20203 months ago

Very nice tale!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very fine story illustrating what ego can represent. Loved having the author show 2 different outcomes with both brothers situations.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

The biggest issue with this story is that MC's wife never actually stated her opinion of the bitch's ideas or behavior. I am also not in favor of his brother staying married to the bitch - BUT, with the post-nup, I suppose he actually got the best deal possible - if he divorced her and re-married, he'd still be at risk of being cheated on; but without protections he now has against the bitch. I'm giving it 4.5 stars for MC's handling of original issue that was the meat of the story.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode663 months ago

I'm glad I follow you, otherwise I would have missed this excellent story. Well done! 5 stars.

AccelarVesterAccelarVester3 months ago

I really liked your definition/description of the EGO. Very well spoken and easy for me to absorb. Thanks. 5*

xMulexMule3 months ago

5*

Enjoyed it, thanks or sharing.

ReadyOneReadyOne3 months ago

Your punctuation makes the story more readable. Never had to backtrack to try and figure out which was who and what went together.

.

Randi, sometimes more is better. We didn't need the new Minimalist way back when because what we had works. Spoken language will always differ from written, and there are reasons they can not converge. Please relax your requirements!

GerMagGerMag3 months ago

Without question a 5* . Thank you. Last night before I even knew about your story and having a beer with friends, the well known topic about the women's qualities we don't like were discussed. And one thing that is always getting us men agitated is our spouses playing with our male emotions. When they don't get what they want it is either, we don't love them enough, don't you like me or you and your little ego.

Your story all men on earth can relate to.

Pappy7Pappy73 months ago

Nicely done. Sense of self and self worth are what enables us to get out of bed and compete with the world.

sdc97230sdc972303 months ago

I think we can presume from the way Jim's wife started their conversation that she knew the story of his past relationship with Jane and their "ego" conversation. And she probably had a pretty good idea of how he was going to react to his sister-in-law trying to spring the same nonsense on his brother.

What I would have liked to know is how she found out about it. Did Jim's brother tell her, or was it the sister-in-law? Because I would've thought the brother would also know Jim's story and how Jim reacted when the same thing happened to him and would have sought Jim's advice directly.

AngelRiderAngelRider3 months ago

Isn't that every Cavigurl story?

ThorlolThorlol3 months ago

It would have been nice to hear some thoughts of his wife on this and what she said to Susanne. She clearly is a good friend of Susanne if she knew of this before he heard from his brother.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Brilliant insight and reasoning. Thank you. It's the continual problem of selfishness that's the root cause of the problems with these women. The thinking is a problem, yes, but it's driven by something in the heart that is ugly and it grows. And eventually bubbles over. And sometimes it's a foul-smelling, greasy, black mess.

" Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

IT is nice to read a tale about a MC/man that actually values his self esteem,integrity,pride and ego. It is what separates a man from just being a male..Thank you for being an author standing up and declaring this value in men through your MC..for that alone you earned 5 stars..I'm sure many old school readers appreciate your MCs stand in this tale..Jzk

Ocker53Ocker537 days ago

Excellent story, well worth the read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Busman19639Busman19639about 10 hours ago

I don’t give too many five stars but this was worth it. My ego told me to.

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 5 hours ago

5 stars. Should have been under "Loving Wifes" IMO. "Loving WAGS".

Women and men really do view sex differently. Men always come when having sex. (99.9% of the time.) Women don't - at least not nearly that often overall. So the "search for the perfect orgasm -- or any orgasm" does sort of figure into the complexities of sex for women. And despite feminist and trannie hysteria, sex IS basically a much more serious thing for women. Women get pregnant, men never do. A lot of the subconscious sexual calculus - or conscious figuring - involves "what happens if this guy gets me pregnant?" Will he support me and maybe my offspring? These all factor into the different "languages of love" research - that sex IS like 80% the primary love language for guys, yet less than 50% for women. Women prefer "romantic things" (loving words, love gifts) much higher. Also "practical things" like "helps around the house" and "has a good income." This is why rich and powerful (social status) guys are considered "very desirable" no matter how they look or how bad they are at sex.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy035about 5 hours ago

Loved it - so weary of Cavigurl and her relentless cuck themed stories denigrating any man with some sense of self worth.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous