All Comments on 'Epilogue'

by AwkwardApple415

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
MigbirdMigbird2 months ago

Your collaboration special as it feels like one. Lengthy piece (by Lit standards) that flowed like a page turner. So much detail wrapped into this post-apocalyptic piece around two uniquely crafted characters drawn to each other — the sex shared so revealing of each and their feelings for each other. Aside: Natively curious about your collaborative approach here — did one of you adopt one of the main characters, while the other .. to develop? Loved both, but most when they engaged — sometimes tentatively, sometimes angry, sometimes passionately. Loved this piece.

OmenainenOmenainen2 months ago

Thank you for the wonderful comment, @Migbird! As an answer to your question, no we don’t each adopt one character but we both write both. Our collaboration is very seamless.

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokes2 months ago

I really am not sure how to express my admiration for this story. I’ve never liked zombie tales or any apocalypse type stories. Yet once I started this, I could not stop until the very end. I read it in fear for most of it, worried that a happy ending wouldn’t be in the cards in such a hostile world. But my god… these two ladies. It almost seems worth the end of the world for them to find each other.

Thank you for moving my heart.

galadriel_fangaladriel_fan2 months ago

This story just pulled me in and wouldn’t let me go. Miles and Reese feel so whole, fully realized. Thanks for not throwing in any tragic twists at the end; even in the end times I like a happy ending.

Nicole2023Nicole20232 months ago

I love a story with depth and long, made my weekend.

Marbury1803Marbury18032 months ago

Like 'Spokes, I rarely indulge a zombie/apocalypse story. But I had a difficult time putting this one down. I so appreciated how these two souls found each other, in every sense, while they were navigating basic survival. As with most all of my favorite Lit stories, the relationship aspects of this were so well developed...and I was glad that the sexual parts were as romantic as they were hot, and they didn't at all dominate the text. All in all, if not a happy ending, a hopeful one. Thanks for sharing this.

Falstaff60Falstaff602 months ago

Not much on zombie stories but do love post-apocalyptic tales. I just believe it will be formerly peaceful/rational people who you'll have to worry about after such an event. Good story though.

Bumpkin58Bumpkin582 months ago

Great story, any plans for a continuation of this?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I really enjoyed this. I always want to like apocalyptic stories, for the adventure and creativity needed to survive. But do many are just ...bleak. No one is safe, ever. And few people are good, or even likable. "Humans are the real monsters" is the message, every time.

But, more often than not, humans in a crisis pull together. They help each other. They give solutions. Good wins. Hope continues.

Thank you for remembering that!

Bluesea00Bluesea00about 2 months ago

so carefully build, nice and tender relationship where everything around is rotten.

well done

lilshymynxlilshymynxabout 2 months ago

This is what The Walking Dead should be. Well done, ladies.

SilverFoxMulletSilverFoxMulletabout 1 month ago

a gripping tale. I came to love your characters so quickly, and had this fear that they wouldn't make it, that the epilogue would be more of an epitaph. But the ending was good! thanks!

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt23 days ago

How on Earth did I miss this! I looooves me sum good zombie action! Great story all around, and unlike most, it seems probable that these zombies will eventually wind down and die for good. A lesbian/zombie apocalypse love story. Sooo awesome:)))

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirt22 days ago

P.S. I was so happy with the ending I neglected to mention a few things. Parts of the story were truly heartbreaking, especially the child with appendicitis turned zombie and likely got her family killed. Indeed, I could imagine so many horrible stories that happened around the world, cause I’m sure it was mostly worldwide. And I appreciate no attempt at identifying the cause. Pointless. And Miles came across as mildly autistic, so despite the circumstances, sooo grateful she found love since she’d not been able to let people in before it seems. And Reese, guilt tripping herself for the crime of being terrified as the world came apart in a horrible way. Who would find that a simple path? But Miles helped her find her way, and her courage, and by wanting to give dignity to ex persons she understood, she showed her heart and soul. And sooo much more. Not just a zombie story. It showed what people can do even when terror lives with them daily, and the power of love in a brave new world where there are no rules. This really touched my heart. Thank you both

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAwkwardApple415@AwkwardApple415
225 Followers
This is a collaboration account for the stories coauthored by AwkwardMD and Omenainen. Our second story, This Is How We Change The World, is out now and complete. You can (and should) binge the whole thing! And vote! Yay! Also, our very good friend and editor extraordinair...