All Comments on 'The Candidate'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
CastAdriftCastAdrift19 days ago

Love it. Nicely done.

Tiger27Tiger2719 days ago

California does not share a border with Idaho.

Good story!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit19 days ago

If only the coincidence wasn’t, and the actions fulfilled. FWIW I think you missed the part where musk bought the network before naming himself host. Not your usual, but I liked it and been wondering for a long time, why so many are unwilling to ask tough questions or realize that a snake is not a lamb.

StrappySandalsStrappySandals19 days ago

Brilliant … and amazingly coincidental!!! A story spun with the expertise of great imagination and wisdom!!! Thank you!!!

amadthonamadthon19 days ago

Love this story on several levels!

bhill8671bhill867119 days ago
I call BULlBLEEP on this story!!!

"The fact that this thin-skinned, real-life person has lashed out at people for commenting on his small hands; is rumored to have paid for several abortions; has a reputation for loving "water sports;" has hosted a TV gameshow; has pretended to be a billionaire; and has a grandfather who, after immigrating to North America, became a pimp and brothel owner in the Klondike, should not be construed as anything other than coincidence."

First of all, as stated by Tiger27, and having grown up there, I can tell you that California in no way, shape or form shares a border with Idaho! Even those who have lived in the state for six months would know that.Secondly, Look, I have no love for Donald john trump. In fact, I hate the man, but, let's be honest here! You can put all the perfume you want on a turd but it is still a turd!! It is very disingenuous to try and convince people that you are not writing about trump! Your politics is very much showing here and politics should be left out of this fine site. No stars!!!

bhill8671bhill867119 days ago
Buster2U's response

is a good example of why politics needs to be kept off of this sight.

skruff101skruff10119 days ago

I wonder who the author was alluding to in the last paragraph (wink wink) was it perchance the orange umpa-lumpa with the funny wig.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteele18 days ago

I got a good chuckle out of this story.

Five stars.

Well done.

PS: Watch your back and check under your drive.

truenorth100truenorth10018 days ago

Totally Unrealistic. No way that any human could be that much of an asshole!

WHOOPS, I stand corrected. Just read an article on politico and see that there is at least one.

Caldwel2Caldwel218 days ago

Tremendous fun read.

bruce1971bruce197118 days ago

LOVED it! Great slow reveal on Cameron's background, and REALLY enjoyed the realistic, mutually-supportive husband/wife relationship. Also, some great little bits of humor when discussing the candidate's predilections, and his wives' responses. One quibble: Hard to imagine that anyone as cartoonish as the candidate could every find a way into American politics...!

dgfergiedgfergie18 days ago

A rather entertaining story that took awhile to get moving. Some may say the characters were bit unrealistic but the look at our modern day political social scenes and they are definitely patterned after some of the best scum in the history of the US. Epstein and Weinstein come to mind, along with Nixon's regime an and John Mitchell. Don't forget Martha MItchell when she started outing all her husband and Nixon's dirty dealings, she just kind of disappeared. Then there was Kennedy and his romance with Marilyn Monroe and her untimely death. Then Kennedy's assassination, any person with half a brain and a good memory knows who was behind that. Then his brother's assassination a while later.

Just a little food for thought. Excellent story although most of us knew how it was going to end. 5 stars

xMulexMule18 days ago

I'll finish reading when you write the complementary thinly-disguised parody of Sleep Joe.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Needs a "Satire" tag.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Buster, I think you took too many hits to the head. Have you tried a helmet?

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol18 days ago

I wouldn't have known about this story if I hadn't Favorited you, offkilter123.

I'm glad I did.

Thank you! I smiled a lot through this story, and got a genuine scowl at the rape scene.

5*

-

Be well!

bobareenobobareeno18 days ago

No combovers were harmed during the writing of this story.

RanDog025RanDog02518 days ago

Excellent story, thank you! Damn good read. 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s

EastCoaster1EastCoaster118 days ago

Loved this satirical LW story... period !

5 stars.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ17 days ago

Thin veiled threat of a current presidential candidate. This is TDS in the extreme. Pathetic really. As one other commenter said if you do a similar hack job story about our comatose pedophile in chief then we can accept this one as satire. I don't think you will. Now if have to go back to your other stories to see if they are as obnoxious as this one. And maybe seditious as well.

jrphdojrphdo17 days ago

You have some very good stories and unfortunately this is not one of them. It's just a thinly veiled vehicle to take pot shots at someone who did a great job as president then was blamed for the fallout of a pandemic caused by enemies of our country whom he was getting the upper hand on in trade negotiations. How you could buy into some of those wild and unproven accusations without mention of the accusations against creepy joe and slick willie. Just a bad case of TDS.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

After most of western Washington and western Oregon join Idaho, there will be an Idaho-PRC Calipr0nia border. We can dream...

abhi_studsabhi_studs15 days ago

Loved the story. Loving the reactions of Trumptards more. Keep up the good work!!

BlastusBlastus14 days ago

It is difficult to know how to respond to modern day Jacobins. But know this: there is no reasoning with them. This has been demonstrated time and time again historically and in many different cultures and climes. It is true in my own family where endless effort has been made to reason with those infected. Certainly to maintain the usefulness of this website It is better to avoid political discussion.

LNRAstroLNRAstro12 days ago

Meh! Not really very good work. You were too busy taking pot shots at your political rivals to actually write a good story. Sad really, usually your writing is much better. Your political friends will love it though and maybe that was the whole point. Not being American and have no dog in this fight it amazes me how far the political divide has gotten in your country. Mind you with media idiots fanning the flames for clicks, views or reads I suppose it was inevitable. Good luck with trying to alienate half your readers! ;-)

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove10 days ago

Dang

I think I would have enjoyed reading Buster2U’s comment. Looks like it was deleted. Oh well.

Thank you for the read. Truth is stranger than fiction, they say. George Conway is an interesting figure in the American political scene.

.

“ Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead. The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.”

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 days ago

But some politicians just as bad are still running loose!

5

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Enjoyed the tail. I take it yous removed one or more comments.

It was fun to reed. Use of public names or association risky???

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

pretty bad

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
1104 Followers
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...