All Comments on 'Stowaway To Forever'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy15 days ago

Sounds like a great life!

5

overwatcheroverwatcher15 days ago

Likable and Interesting mc's with a good story to tell. Thanx. 5.

Ravey19Ravey1915 days ago

Ye gods, so much in 1 and a little bit of Lit pages. Very sweet.

DrizdartDrizdart14 days ago

A South Seas tale ... just the thing for a grey morning far, far away from the ocean.

francemanfranceman14 days ago

Very nice. Nice story.

Nice characters.

The only problem is that it was too short, and we have to say good-bye to them far too quickly.

Seeker81Seeker8114 days ago

Excellent. Very enjoyable. 5

technofrog2002technofrog200214 days ago

That sounds like paradise!! 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

FlamethrowFlamethrow14 days ago

An utterly delightful short snap of the start of a romance for the ages.

allansbulletallansbullet14 days ago

If you're sailing from the Cook Islands into Auckland the harbour entrance is on your starboard bow, not your port bow.

mrclean67mrclean6714 days ago

Loved it please continue

tnman03tnman0314 days ago

Happy story, I liked it.

acupacup14 days ago

Wonderful story, and agood start to a series. Just saying...

LitCritLitCrit14 days ago

Good story, a little light on the elements (plot, characterization, conflict/resolution, you know - those things.) A nice summer daydream in the hammock, and a semi-solid 4.

PurplefizzPurplefizz14 days ago

Shame this wasn’t a fair bit longer, I’m a sucker for a yacht romance, given that sailing my own brought me back to sanity after a divorce and then gave me a love that’s lasted for over 30 years.

Another good story from Ronde, yes it could have been longer, been more involved etc, but I’ll take what I can get. Cheers, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Marvelous! Reminds me of James A. Mitchner's Adventures in Paradise. Loved that show as a kid. Once got to steer a boat which had participated in the Galveston-Vera Cruz race. I had no idea boats could feel like sports cars!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

A 30' sailboat with an aft cabin AND a quarter berth? Pick one or the other, you don't get both. But, if you knew about boats, you'd know a Catalina 30 isn't the boat to cross the Pacific in.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit13 days ago

It’s a good story. He must have done very well with his money, to afford retirement at 40.

Diecast1Diecast113 days ago

A well written story. I enjoyed it. AAAAAA++++++

Bronco56Bronco5613 days ago

Beautiful story Beautiful romance

5stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Another fine story from this author. One minor quibble…learn that “it’s” isn’t the possessive of “it.” It’s a contraction of “it is,” so when you’re going to write “it’s,” stretch it out to “it is” and see if that makes sense.

AngelRiderAngelRider12 days ago

Gods, this is so me. If only you didn't need money to just chuck it all the way and sail off.

6King6King12 days ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

mac1729mac172911 days ago

Short and sweet

Thank you for writing

oldgraycatoldgraycat11 days ago

Great read. Clear of overcast nights at sea with all of the stars is something one will never forget.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA11 days ago

Well told and great ending. Two souls seeing different ports and enjoying each other. If only more of life was like this story. Thanks for sharing...

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

FYI... stowaways still need a valid passport and applicable visas in the Pacific and especially when returning to New Zealand as a passenger.

You'd both have been arrested as soon as she couldn't provide a passport on Norfolk Island.

SexySenior56SexySenior5610 days ago

Nice, but could have been so much more. Even if Estelle happened to have her passport in her purse, there needs to be more to her back story. No one called the cops after she disappeared? Wasn't;t her sister concerned? On the up side, you've left it wide open for a chapter 2 or even a prequel.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Nice little feel good story!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

My people get caught up with with issues that really don't bother.

Is just a story for heavens sake, not fact.

linnearlinnear10 days ago

Very nicely done.

RasmatRasmat9 days ago

Man! Talk about a change of venue! From Central and Eastern Tennessee to the far South Pacific. Wow, Go Big or Go Home, I guess.

I much prefer longer stories (I liken it to ONE potato chip), but this LITTLE gem managed to uphold the high standards we've grown to expect from this writer.

Thank you, RONDE.

rbloch66rbloch669 days ago

This was a brief, pleasant read. For what it is, it didn't need any more.

SouthPacificSouthPacific8 days ago

Nice little story but, as someone who lives in Auckland, your geography is a bit out. As allansbullet wrote, if you're arriving from the north Auckland's harbour is on the starboard side, and you wouldn't go anywhere near Motuihe Island (which would be to port, anyway).

Heading back out, there's no way a yacht travelling at maybe 8 or 10 knots is going to get from Auckland city in the morning to between the Barrier Islands by lunchtime. As for finding an airport for Estelle, why not divert to Whangarei? It's on the route to Norfolk Island anyway, and it means that you don't have to worry about little details like passports.

All that nit-picking aside, I like the story just as much as dozens of others that you've written. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

As another anonymous said, it’s fine. People notice errors where they don’t matter.

5*

Tc

GardenshedGardenshed6 days ago

Nice story, thanks for writing……

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...