All Comments on 'Good Day Iowa!'

by PapaRomantic

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 month ago

Beautiful! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

wmjm54wmjm54about 1 month ago

Nicely written and heartfelt. Thanks.

Foggybottom81Foggybottom81about 1 month ago

I have a friend recently diagnosed with ALS so I can sympathize with so afflicted. Very nice heartwarming story. Keep writing.

Rapierwit24601Rapierwit24601about 1 month ago

Outstanding! Well defined characters, humor, multiple resolvable conflicts, and the requisite happy ending. I’ll be heading off to read more of your oeuvre.

But a thought about future stories:

No one lives in a state. They live in a town or a city or near a town or city or if they’re very rural they stake their claim to being from a specific county. Your setting was too generic. Is life in Dubuque the same as DesMoines? Or Keokuk? (Yes I’ve seen the MUSIC MAN.) My grandmother lived in NW Illinois (pre-cable) and got Davenport TV.

Set your tale in a real place. Think of all the TV shows set in NY, Chicago, LA or fictional little towns like Mayberry or Everwood. Their location flavors the story.

Think of the TV shows about TV or radio stations: WJM -Minneapolis (Mary Tyler Moore), WKRP in Cincinnati, KFLW, LA (Die Hard). No one ever complains “Those aren’t real stations!”. Tracey could have worked for the fictional KALS in Davenport!

The more rooted in a reality (real or imagined) your story is, the more depth it has.

KEEP WRITING!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story well done! Lots of life lessons to ponde,, not to mention the blooming of love and awesome sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Thank you for writing such a beautiful and for me such a personal and meaningful story of finding, giving and receiving unconditional love, irrespective of the ages involved.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 month ago

We met 3 1/2 years ago when she was 58 and I was 81. She is only 3 months older than my daughter. Initially I was concerned about the age difference for several reasons: we will not have many years together, will I be able to satisfy her sexually, will she tire of looking after an elderly man.

We have overcome those concerns and I am the happiest I have been for over 50 years. She assures me I am everything she has ever wanted; so what more can we ask for?

afosi2604afosi2604about 1 month ago

OK, this was one of those "Can't put it down til I'm done" stories. Thank you.

Oldsalty1Oldsalty1about 1 month ago

Excellent plot development, with several heart-tugging moments. Very well done!

SonofCalliciousSonofCalliciousabout 1 month ago

Well done! NOW I can go to the bathroom!

oldebarristeroldebarristerabout 1 month ago

Wow! Great character development and integration of a great cause. This goes into my top ten favorite list.

WalterWoodyWalterWoodyabout 1 month ago

The last few paragraphs were very hard to read, but once I wiped the tears away....

Excellent story!

JayGardnerJayGardnerabout 1 month ago

Very well done. A love story with meaning. I liked it so much that the sex was secondary. Only a few typos or missed tenses. Yes, keep writing & I'll keep reading.

Miman22Miman22about 1 month ago

I gave it five stars only because ten wasn't an option. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

a lovely story that didn't actually need the sex to make it good.[ nor did it detract of course].

well done, the author.

TomNJaxTomNJaxabout 1 month ago

Immensely satisfying read. Thanks once again for an excellent story.

DrizdartDrizdartabout 1 month ago

Having lost a friend to ALS, this story echoes very strongly with me. You tugged on all the strings as you went through ... except one. https://www.als.org/ ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease and we need your help to find a cure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A sweet, engaging, well written tale. I gave it 5 stars. However…..

Yes, it’s just a story, so anything goes, but in the real world, fatherhood at 61 is probably something best left for fantasy. A baby or toddler can test the physical limits of a 20-something. Does a guy in his 60s, no matter how well preserved, have the stamina? I’m in my 60s, and I wouldn’t want to find out. The 36 year old wife here certainly isn’t giving up her career, so he’s going to be hip deep in the work of looking after his child. Then there is the actuarial question. He’ll be 83 at university graduation. Will he live that long? I make the odds at a bit better than 50-50. Disaster isn’t guaranteed, but my recommendation would be, don’t try this at home, kids.

Randomguy724Randomguy724about 1 month ago

What a great story! Having dealt with terminal patients and families, it was amazing that you captured the interactions so well. And having a long-distance relationship, I know how hard it is to be away from the one you love. Now I have to read all the rest of your stories. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story, but it's wouldn't, not would... in a couple of places at least. So many people these days get that wrong, you are completely reversing the meaning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

i loved this story it made me cry my wife and i have a 25 year age difference and have been married 27 years thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

They need to add a sixth star for stories like yours, thank you for a well-written heart-warming tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago
Not fair.

You're not nice. You made me cry while reading erotica.

jjfronjjfronabout 1 month ago

Literotica has provided lots of much needed distraction for me as I serve as the primary caregiver for my wife of 53 years. She is terminally ill with the end to come in the not too distant future. I cried tears of joy and sorrow as I read this story...thank you so much for assembling your thoughts in such a wonderful form.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

It's a common occurrence for many reviewers to personally relate to the storyline they are analyzing; every such relationship is a tribute to the author's ability to somehow reach into those things that make us inherently human. It usually doesn't take much to draw us in, for we are all subject to varying degrees of the joys and sorrows that--like a single thread skillfully wielded by a master weaver's hands when creating a tapestry--inexorably binds us into the warp and weave of life.

So it is with this tale of PapaRomantic. It touches the heart--hell, it damn well GRABS it and won't let go. It's inadequate praise but...thank you for raising our awareness of just how precious life is.

(Irrelevant to the creativity of this tale, I would simply say to Anonymous' comment (of 11 days ago) regarding the MC becoming a father again at 60--the first of my sons (born to a wife 17 years younger than I am) occurred when I was 62, the second when I was 65. Now 16 and 13 year-old teenagers they live as young men on the cusp always do as they become who they are meant to be. And I have cherished every moment of the life they have given me, and blessed my wife of 31 years for the gift of their existence.)

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy24 days ago

Delightful story!

5

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Excellent story! Thank you for helping to raise awareness for ALS. To find something of real substance in an erotic story is rare. I should know having read hundreds if not thousands of them. Thank you, and well done.

LazarusLazarus19 days ago

Absolutely amazing! great story, just perfect!

SmugglerjimSmugglerjim13 days ago

Hi...I simply loved reading this story,

Thank you 10*

10169kek10169kek12 days ago

I loved it. As a recent widower this story gives hope that there is always a chance for love :) Very unique tie in to ALS which added so much to the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPapaRomantic@PapaRomantic
I enjoy writing, but I am new to the erotic genre. I especially enjoy comments from readers telling me that they like my submissions, as well as constructive criticism, so I can become a better writer. All of my works are fiction - just fun for me and hopefully for you! I a...