All Comments on 'Do Not Read This Poem'

by enbiji

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Peter_ClevelandPeter_Cleveland16 days ago

Enbiji does well with many verse forms--her sonnets are very good indeed. But I especially enjoy her offerings in the verse form found here (octasyllabic couplets), which lends itself well to sophisticated ribaldry. I sympathize with the poet's lament. Yes, it's hard to find an audience for serious poetry anywhere, and (no offense to the site administrators) Literotica isn't a great venue for poets.

.

Part of the problem is that here poems are herded into their own ghetto rather than dispersed among stories with similar themes. Here's a desperate stratagem that conceivably could work. Write a short story (which you also do well) with a heroine who is a poet. You can cleverly integrate her poem(s)--which you quote--into the narrative of your story. As I said, it's kind of a desperate move, but it does beat banging one's head against the wall.

29wordsforsnow29wordsforsnow16 days ago

Even though the utter truth throughout the lines is serious and sad, it still made a smile...and impressed. My personal sense for meter is most likely spoiled by the permanent use of yards for growing flowers and feet to walk or stand on...not to mention inches by any length, since even the least impressive translate to two-digit centimeters.

Speaking of two digits: V stars for avoiding any 38GGGs, universe-rattling peaks and dozens of one's body openings flooded with protein-rich fluids... I'm positive that literate erotica - I sometimes assume that's what the site name is about - may involve sonnets, leaving the screen to get a dictionary or even - but not has to - rhyme.

enbijienbiji16 days agoAuthor

Well said. Thank you, you Peter, for taking the time to read my verse and even comment. It's worth writing just to know at least one person cares 💚

BWC_ALBWC_AL13 days ago

This is only the second of your work that i have read so far, But i enjoyed it and I plan to read all the others as well

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

black as a raven you threatened "nevermore"

but you crave our attention just like any whore

I knew you'd return and I pay you, 'cause, see-

unlike any whore your thoughts are free.

and so on.. XIII

enbijienbiji3 days agoAuthor

Wow anonymous...glad to see my Fan Klan is still active 🤣🤣🤣

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userenbiji@enbiji
Black Barbie in a White Ken world. If you want to know me, read my poetry. ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS by enbiji It was one of those moments, when she looked in my eyes She parted her lips and I parted my thighs My first sapphic taste and I lost all control Seduced by a beauty who ...