All Comments on 'Walker'

by moleman2787

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
lerenardruselerenardruse16 days ago

I really hope there is a second chapter to Walker. Both of them deserve to have the rest of their story written. Great story

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider195516 days ago

Great story and told well. 5 stars. Thank you.

Wildbill314Wildbill31416 days ago

Jumps around way too much

Baldy74Baldy7416 days ago

Really enjoyed it, Many thanks.

Would have liked to see how they delt with her parents and family. Also how she liked life in the country.

IbeSteveIbeSteve16 days ago

Loved it. Thank you

Pinto931Pinto93116 days ago

Good story, the rant about the justice system was over the top but didn’t ruin the story.

SlithyToveSlithyTove15 days ago

More than a bit too over the top, really.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed15 days ago

I agree with those who said that a follow-up is needed. This was a story that touches a lot of places that people want to ignore, such as the difficulty of veterans transitioning back into society and violent criminals who have been treated softly by the system. Without those elements included there would have been no story in this instance.

Bronco56Bronco5615 days ago

Excellent story. I'm glad it was a dream. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Just no way that he would be prosecuted for "vigilantism" with a live victim and another eyewitness to corroborate the circumstances of the assault. And the vast majority of people would not be calling him a "killer" and being hateful when he stopped a rape and ended up in the hospital doing it. Frankly, the attempted rape/action sequence didn't really add much.

OldGuy1946OldGuy194615 days ago

Excellent story and you have a gift for hilarious conversation. Thank for what you write.

.

OG46

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Thanks for your tale, the first of your stories I've read. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

CILMAraeCILMArae15 days ago

Emotions are raw, but the two together are so sweet to read about. Thanks for sharing.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste15 days ago

I rather liked the characters, but....

Walker is an O-5 at _28??_

Samantha is struggling with a general distribution biology course (my undergrad genetics prof wouldn't let us use Punnet Squares back in 1968!), yet she switches majors to nursing? ANP would send her screaming into the night.

The Navy brass would have been at the hospital from the beginning - and he'd likely have been at Walter Reed anyway.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc14 days ago

First three pages were outstanding on every level. Unfortunately, the whole charging him as the criminal was a mess, even in today's world. Similarly, if he was a commander in the navy, he had plenty of money. He was still active duty, so the JAG would have defended him from the start. 3.9*

BlastusBlastus13 days ago

Some of the comments object to the realistic depiction of the modern Soros funded prosecutors. I am amazed.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

The romance part of this story was ruined by the Rambo like violence that might play well in a movie script, but is totally unrealistic. I can relate to the romance, but the violence and the cardboard cutout character of a tough military man with PTSD is beyond belief.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Author pretends to a knowledge of the military without actually having any...an O-5 at 28? No JAG sanctioned lawyer to engage in the investigation? Also to the American legal system. Sure there are bad cops and bad DA's, but the research shows they're mainly on the other side of the argument from the author. You have every right to your own opinion, but not make stuff up to support it. And some commenters..."Soros funded prosecutors...". Even Faux news has withdrawn those pretend-stories when they are told to present their facts.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

I am moved...and amazed. Your story is beautiful. Authentic. Romance is lovely. But hats off to you Sir for showing the courage to accurately describe the despicable crime and judicial system. I love this story. One of the best I've ever read. As regards real life goes, I will pray that there are 10,000s, if not more, Walkers on the street. Thank you so much for this absolutely divine piece of art.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 days ago

Fairly good, a lot going on but good story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous