All Comments on 'Not So Simple Love Story'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments
DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith15 days ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ A beautiful story.

OnegoodeyeOnegoodeye15 days ago

Fantastic story thank you

ApathyIncApathyInc15 days ago

Great story! Very much enjoyed it. Only thing.... on page one Rain graduated with chemical engineering degree but on page 3 he's working as HR at a electric components place. It didn't detract from the story but was a little odd. Thank you for all your stories. I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Cuck a doodle doo!

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

As usual great quality writing. Nice story. TC Ireland

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu15 days ago

I glance at who rhe writer was and saw that it was Hooked1957 and anticipated this is going to be good. After page 1 stopped and directly went to post my comment and to wait for other comments to see if this is worth reading through. Got a bad feeling about this.

oldguy1oldguy115 days ago

touching lovely enjoyed the story immensely

lujon2019lujon201915 days ago

cucks get one star

any idot dumb enough to marry a woman he divorced should have to pass an IQ test

.

what we do is insert a sawed off shot gun into their ass as deep as possible, pull the trigger, and if they are smart enough to survive the wedding is allowed to continue

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos15 days ago

Mixed feelings.

<>

Not because of the reconciliation, hell if anything I think that people at that age have a lot of incentive to try and put things in the past, correct their behavior and then get on with it, so logically I think it makes sense if possible (plus, it had been years since the divorce).

<>

The thing I am struggling with is that I didn't like how Izzy basically told him that she seemed like a "changed woman". First off - how would she know? Secondly, how is she getting that vibe from one conversation? I think there should have been more build up. I also think that his "revenge" there at the end was kind of tepid and only makes him seem a bit petty. It would have been better for him to simply actually try out a relationship with Mary Lou and then have Janessa struggle with seeing her chance of ever getting back together disappear. Then, authors choice, throw some spanner in there to get her the shot she wants. It probably would have added another 5-10k words to your tale, but it would have really elevated the story from simply "very good" to "great", at least for me.

<>

Anyway, like I said a "very good" reconciliation tale. I wonder if you'll write another one, but this time with... TRACI *dun dun dun* (lol)

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Believable. Some couples are just meant to be together, even if they sometimes take stupid detours in the middle of their race 5 stars. — TANSTAAFL

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

5. stars. This was WAY better than your last three stories. In those ones it felt like the villains won.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight15 days ago

Hook combined a cheating wife story with a romance involving the formerly married couple and did a very good job. It probably can't be called a happy ending as they both died, but they went out happy. Nice story!

Buck1974Buck197415 days ago

This is why you are a superb writer this was fantastic. Don’t get me wrong all your work is amazing. But have to say this one you like hit it out of the ball park . This story shows how you took everyone’s interest revenge on mark aka broken nose and rib the divorce was there and after years the reconciliation . This has to be a superb piece of work yes there will be nit picking on things but you have to have them . Well done can’t wait for your next piece of work I know it’s going to be hard especially to top this amazing piece of work. You really did take care writing this story and it clearly shows at the end when he died of a broken heart. Ten stars Ten stars well done

francemanfranceman15 days ago

Frankly, it's no big deal.

It looked so much like him, it was almost him.

And she was almost an intelligent woman and almost a faithful one.

And he was almost not a cuckold and almost not a mop.

After all, it's never black or white, faithful or unfaithful, honest or cheating, cuckold or not cuckold.....?????

Oh yes it is! Holy crap!

demanderdemander15 days ago

Really nice story. There's a reason for all those followers. D

PowersworderPowersworder15 days ago

I decent story that was ruined by a nauseating reconciliation.

Janessa was a self-centred slut that treated her husband like dogshit. She demonstrated her total disrespect for Rain by having a weekend fuckathon in the marital bed.

So now he knows that his ex-wife is a worthless whore, why would he even speak to her again, let alone remarry her?

-

There are literally millions of single women out there, with a vast amount of them younger and prettier than his ex-wife. He should've spend the next several years having fun with much younger women, until he found someone he wanted to settle down with.

Reconciling with an ex-wife who has proven to be a terrible person is just sad and pathetic.

LanmandragonLanmandragon15 days ago

A wonderful, heartwarming story. It seems sad that the BTB fanatics mark it down.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster115 days ago

Dammit... just dammit all to hell and back.

Five stars for a wonderful tale of a Loving Wife who lost her way, lost her family, but then regained both... and her husband who found the way to rejoin his partner for more years together before they were separated once more, until they were rejoined permanently.

A truly beautiful story that gives hope and was very nicely done.

Thank you for writing this... I envy your skill in constructing this amazing story that was SO worth the time to read it.

amyyumamyyum15 days ago

Tear-jerker but really nice. 5* from me.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft15 days ago

Enjoyed it. A hopeful story. It’s a happy thought that two people can experience enough growth to become sufficiently different people that they can trust again and make a new contract with that new person. 5*

jrphdojrphdo15 days ago

Great story, good depth, although I do miss you just ganging up on Traci like you used to sometimes!

pepepilotpepepilot15 days ago

Simple, well thought out, and well presented. 5 stars. Thank you.

stev2244stev224415 days ago

Very good. Some twists and turns, quite a bit of emotion. Good stuff.

Regguy69Regguy6915 days ago

Interesting. I'm guessing those who have not shared a two-decade relationship will not be able to relate to these folks. The concept of New Persons vs Old Persons is a bit of a stretch, but it happened in this story and was believable. Well done, Hook.

miket0422miket042215 days ago

Enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.

One thing that didn't seem to add up for me. During their last marriage counseling session Janessa is mad that Rain is dating and having sex. She finally had her breakthrough and realizes how much she had screwed up and that their marriage is toast. Yet, it takes 5 years before she finally realizes how Rain felt and finally apologizes for real and actually feels remorse for her actions.

Their reconciliation and eventual remarriage couldn't have happened at that point because Rain needed to let go of his anger and change as a person into someone that wouldn't let Janessa have her way on everything. But, it still seems a bit odd that it took her that many years to finally accept responsibility for what she had done.

It did also seem like when Rain and Janessa resumed having sex that it was still all about her pleasure even though Rain had realized with Izzy how much better sex could be with a partner who wanted to give as much as they received.

That's just nitpicking in my part. Very solid and entertaining story where the reconciliation actually makes sense.

BoxerR100BoxerR10015 days ago

Thanks for a great read!!

CriosCrios15 days ago

MUCH more in-depth tale of infidelity than many of the author's (also great) recent stories. The MC eventually finds peace in the end without having to sacrifice his manhood. Thank you!

Also, as someone who was born (many years ago!) in Lansing, I like how you work in these Michigan and Midwest schools and place names.

Simon_MastersSimon_Masters15 days ago

Excellent work from an excellent author.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilf15 days ago

Awesome. I'd give you 10 stars if I could. Bravo!

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler15 days ago

This is one of the most compelling stories I’ve ever read on this site. Giving it 5 stars doesn’t do it justice. One confusion though. Where did the stepchildren come from?

You are one of my all time favorite writers and this may be your bet effort. Thanks for a great read.

Bullrider14Bullrider1415 days ago

Great story. So what did he find that gave away the affair?

muddman74muddman7415 days ago

I'm not usually into reconciliation stories, but this was a good story, Hooked. Full marks from me and thanks for sharing your writing talent with us.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc15 days ago

Little too heavy on narrative for my tastes, but the last segment left me with tears in my eyes. As usual, writing style was sound and story development was smooth, rock solid. 4.4*

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Well thought out and told story. I think everyone with more soul than selfish traits can have a “ah ha” moment. I also agree that Nessa must have understood and projected this. Thanks for sharing. One last point, not every man who takes a woman back is a wimp/cuck.

knoxhardknoxhard15 days ago

Couple of nice touches that I particularly liked. The stepchildren giggle and his response that her wanting more of him made him want her less.

This is a unique angle on why a loving wife would cheat. I can see the attraction part. The young guy is her type. But actually confusing with hubby while screwing is a bit harder to swallow. But, your story, your world.

Five stars.

Cracker270Cracker27015 days ago

Excellent work. A five and a “favorite”

The Style GuyThe Style Guy15 days ago

Hooked 1957…a creative Master! Thanks for another 5* story.

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio15 days ago

Five stars…Laptopwriter’s “Last Chimes of Fall” has always been my go-to tearjerker story. Now I have another one! Thanks for making an RAAC story believeable and enjoyable!

Busman19639Busman1963915 days ago

Not usually one for reconciliation but this story was well done and interesting.

ibuguseribuguser15 days ago

Well done. You told a very nice story.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

EhsheehsheEhsheehshe15 days ago

Awesome story great work

hushjfhushjf15 days ago

Please use tags.

MattblackUKMattblackUK15 days ago

That worked really well. The reconciliation was logical and appropriate. A 5* story.

CagivagurlCagivagurl15 days ago

A nice Hooked story as always, well told. Excellent characters.

5 stars

Cagivagurl

other2other1other2other115 days ago

I really liked how he told her he never forgave her, but they were different people. That worked in a different way to the usual reconciliation.

Well done Hooked, your stories never cease to bring a large amount of emotion to the forefront

straightshooter1958straightshooter195815 days ago

Well done! A very appropriate reconciliation.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffrey15 days ago

I'm a big fan but this just didn't work for me. Thanks for sharing.

Orion623Orion62315 days ago

A really good story that wasn't tedious to read even after six pages. 5*.

Just_WordsJust_Words15 days ago

I liked it. My only problem is there are a few places where the story changes direction rather quickly. For instance, when he comes home from his trip and cannot find the glide there must be 100 explanations, but he jumps to cheating very fast. However, I liked living in his head.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196915 days ago

Good story but damn did she make a big mistake and throw up some crazy justifications.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat15 days ago

Not a fan of reconciliation, but this had the needed elements of a 1on 1 confrontation with the OM and a proper consequence for the WW. Still don’t agree with remarriage, but I can see living together again.

Thought on this one some … liked the writing, but mixed on ending. 4*

BehindbluisBehindbluis15 days ago

Thanks for a great story. I've lost two myself, one to COPD and one to cancer. It's been three years since the last one left. I didn't follow either one shortly after, makes me wonder if I did something wrong. Thanks for the entertainment and sharing your talent. You always amaze me.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil15 days ago

Where Traci?? Not really a Hooked1957 story without her.

MwestohioMwestohio15 days ago

Very nice story. And I especially liked this insight: "So many husbands stop listening to their wives after a while, for many reasons, almost driving them into the arms of the players."

012Say012Say14 days ago

I wonder why some are set on stories following the path they like best? This is a great view at a changed relationship. Don’t know I have seen the plot before. A clear 5.

MaxReacherMaxReacher14 days ago

What's love got to do, got to do with it?

Who needs a heart (when a heart can be broken?)

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

It was ok, although you have written more engaging tales.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

I have always enjoyed your stories

J.G

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

5 stars all day long. Great, emotional tale. Very believable. If there is a shortcoming, it's that Ness didn't really "get it" and I'm not sure she paid enough of an emotional price - at least I didn't feel it. But in reality, this is more like what would happen. Bravo.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion14 days ago

I have to admit I read a few of the comments before I put down my thoughts on this one. I also had to wipe the unshed tears from my eyes. I like stories that have happy endings. If it ends with a life well lived after a BTB, or a reunification it doesn't really matter. This was most like what I perceive as what really happens in life. When I read about guys falling down in the fetal position and wailing, I think in my mind REALLY. Who does that. Or a woman screams and faints I think PROBABLE NOT. A small child possible would react that way, but most adults. I give them more credit for being in control of their emotions. Anger can certainly be a real problem, but self-control should take control and rule the day. This was very realistic, and the possibility that this could happen the way it was laid out, I thought it was really good. I can only speak from the male point of view but the attributes that first point us in the direction of someone as a possible mate seem to me to be ingrained. When I see a good-looking woman, I think she's nice and then I smile and move on. I found my better half and have never looked back. So maybe, it's possible she really was confused at first and just wanted to regain or restart the timer. But that confusion should have been tempered with common sense and realization of the damage and harm of any further action in that direction would cause. He was totally correct when he said they were both totally different people when they lived the first 27 years of their marriage, and their final years sounded like different people from what their dynamics were in the second part of their lives. If there was a 10-star score possible, this would have gotten it. Great story, great read. Thank you. (5-STARS !!!)

irinmikeirinmike14 days ago

A great change of pace from recent badly written stories on here. thank you for a great story!

njlaurennjlauren14 days ago

I liked it a lot. It was an intelligent story and different. It might seem lit there but I know of a couple of real life cases like this where the attraction was the other person looked like the spouse ( one of the couples was a lesbian married couple, the lover looked le a twin of the wife).

What makes this work is they are two changed ppl, and have a different relationship. He no longer is a push over, she actually felt what he did, stopped being selfish. They reconcile as the new people.

TnicollTnicoll14 days ago

OMG! Hooked wrote a RAAC. And it was believable and well done. 5*. Excellent job Hooked.

Cringo31Cringo3113 days ago

I am not usually a fan of reconciliation but Hooked you found a way to give credibility to a character and make it believable. The concept that we are changed people does play so well. I did miss Traci but with this storyline she could not be a character here. Love your work always. Another 5.

Omart57Omart5713 days ago

Good one, H!!!

uclawguclawg13 days ago

Great story. Wonderful recitation. Always like your writing and stories,

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Holy shit. I’m looking out my window to see if pigs are soaring by. Right now there are thousands of Hooked fans wailing and gnashing their teeth from their own sense of betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Five stars for a well conceived, developed and presented tale. I wish they had five more years. BTW, I am 82, as well.

/

JPB NOT BOB

xMulexMule13 days ago

5*

People do change under extraordinary circumstances.

Thanks for sharing.

nixroxnixrox13 days ago

5 stars - there but for the grace of God go I.

Not being particularly religious, it is the best I can remember.

Please keep writing, as old guys like me appreciate these types of stories.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I'm not sure if I want to invest this much time in a story, where the plot is obvious: She cheats on him; they get divorced; they re-marry.

~~~

She wonders why he stops pursuing herb when she keeps rebuffing him?

~~~

"also got a job in the city in his field, which was chemical engineering" - Why WOULDN'T he get a job in his field?

~~~

She may be an attractive older woman, but she's what, 20+ years older than him?

~~~

"Then, all of a sudden, it was as if Mark disappeared from the face of the earth." - Yep, always a tell when they stop talking about a guy that the COULDN'T stop talking about.

~~~

Mark looking like a younger Rain doesn't make her cheating okay.

~~~

He SHOULD have tried to have sex with her, seen her reaction when they couldn't find the Astroglide.

~~~

She doesn't think Rain would think it odd that they're going to the barbecue after not going for years?

~~~

How did they have sex? Did she get more Astroglide?

~~~

Depending on how much he wants to stand up to his father, Mark can file charges on his own.

~~~

Why is it so hard to let the husband find a new love?

~~~

"I've never known you to be rude before, but knowing the story I will let it lie," - What's rude about not wanting to say hello to your ex?

~~~

Why doesn't Izzy take her boyfriend to the concert?

~~~

"Rain could tell his ex-wife was a little standoffish on their first outing after his date with Mary Lou." - She'sgot a lot of fucking nerve! They're not even exclusive.

~~~

"I quit on us." - No, she did.

~~~

Despite what I said at the beginning, I obviously did finish this. I still would have preferred that he moved on, but the beginning precluded that. Maybe should have had a twist that they stayed FWB?

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Not sure why the story isn’t more highly rated. Maybe the BTB crowd is voicing its displeasure. I found it to be well plotted, well written, with engaging and interesting characters. Thanks to the author for another in a long string of good stories.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

The RAACs are almost always not much far from the typical cuck tales, unbelievable reconciliations with wimp sheep husbands. But this one is a rare exception, a very well written tale, well balanced and interesting to follow through the end. Certainly one of the best acceptable RAAC (rare event), and so, 5 full deserved stars for this little romance LW masterpiece. Well done.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer13 days ago

Hooked, thank you for a wonderful story. Perhaps I'm a romantic at heart after-all! A very realistic tale of two imperfect people that eventually found each other again. Yes, almost a tad Mills and Boon but I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Cute story and I guess if you ever get back with a cheater it is because after time you do like this guy and start over dating to see if it is something you can tolerate. I was surprised that she never really understood what she did until that one single episode in the restaurant and that is all it took for her to feel the pain? I think at that time he had her and could have done more to make her "suffer" if that is the right word so that his point comes across.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Very well done. Truly a love story that belongs in this category. This is my favorite of all your stories

AerographerAerographer13 days ago

Really hated the delusional bitch first couple pages. Your characters really come alive to me. The women as friends was a self discovery for this old married sailor. Great satisfaction with the ending.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Perfect

WargamerWargamer13 days ago

Yep, l liked it a good story, just the sort l like

5/5

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I liked that it was less of a reconciliation and more of a new beginning. However, you left a bad taste in my mouth at the end, especially with him saying "I quit on us." That whole rumination undermines the "new beginning" aspect you did such a good job pulling off up to that point.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

A sweet tearjerker from an accomplished author. Well done and thank you.

JR

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour13 days ago

I liked this story. Well written and heart rending at times.

Thank you for sharing.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Where are the comments today? This is your first 5* from me. Nicely done. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Pretty good story! I suspect the anti-RAAC crowd (who clearly don't know what the acronym stands for) won't like it because they think all reconciliation is RAAC. But I liked it even if her personal growth seemed abbreviated.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Enjoyed the first part. Redo's are not my thing. Ruined a perfectly good story.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Hard to succinctly characterize a story which packed so much emotion into so few pages and do it without shortchanging the character development of both main protagonists and the steady, logical unfolding of the plot. Obviously, the quality of the "composition" is first rate as there were no glaring gaps in the flow of the narrative, nor were there any mistakes in the mechanics of the story with regard to spelling, punctuation, and paragraph construction. Writers' Workshop instructors would congratulate you on a job well done.

So would those of us who may have seen the way the story would play out but found ourselves entertained well enough that that premonition did not matter and only made anticipation of how you would make it happen all the more enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. Please keep writing.

MLJ

GardenshedGardenshed13 days ago

Wow great story, well written and full of emotion. I got sucked right into the story. Thanks for sharing…… 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Kind of disappointed that he never really did bang that lady. Ot any other lady for that matter.

Tomh1966Tomh196613 days ago

awesome and a reconciliation not too RAACish

Happily_Married87Happily_Married8713 days ago

A totally awesome story! Great job!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I really like the infidelity story mixed with a lovely romance. More of this please!

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Nice story 💙

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Very well written as per usual. But…..I just never could warm up to either Rain or Janessa. Not sure why, exactly.

.

3 ***

BSreaderBSreader13 days ago
I gave

It 5 stars because of the emotion that you displayed in ir. To be honest I would never have been man enough to forgive her. It was a great read in my opinion. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I’m not sure I would put this amongst your best works, but it was solid.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

She turned him into a sissy cuck

Harryin VAHarryin VA13 days ago

The scene at the restaurant was different and allowed the story to resolve itself without you being a stereotypical forced reconciliation. It made the ending believable and didn't cause me to throw up in my mouth

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

This was very good, almost equal to 'When One Door Closes . . ,'.Thanks for this tale. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

Not a fan of raac stories. This was well done but I won’t read or watch stories where the end is revealed in the beginning. Still, 4*

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson13 days ago

This is one of the few reconciliation stories that I actually liked and cheered for the reconciliation. 5 Stars!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous