All Comments on 'Dear Mother - Finding Penny'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Great

Very satisfying conclusion to your story.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
excellent piece of writing

Very well written story that flowed well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great story

A wonderful story, showcasing your very special talents for developing characters and bringing them alive. Please continue the excellent writing.

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Excellent Story

This was a really well put together romance. The characters

were nicely drawn. And the vision of the protagonist finding his way was beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Don't cha just love Happy Endings..! I do, this wa

coaster2

Don't cha just love Happy Endings..! I do, this was and i really liked it was uplifting. Now for chapter 6 of Amnesia.

thanks again for writing

best wishes

DD

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
More then writing

It is one thing to follow the rules and write technically correct, and some learn to develop characters and precious few learn to creat a story line that flows properly. Then if all of that comes together there is still another element that cannot be learned, but when that level is reached then you have become a "story teller". I enjoyed this series very much. anon jerry

clark3001clark3001over 14 years ago
Take a bow !

This story is undoubtedly your crowning glory !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Amen to what Clark3001 said!!

This is a wonderful story. No doubt as good as any that you've written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Thank you

This is probaably the best i`ve ever read on this sight, how it could be anyhing other than a 10 is unknown to me, what a talent , thanks again, nathan in ga.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story

One of your best. Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Why is this a series. Nothing in the first story releated to this one.

Nothing was resolved from the first story. A nice read but rather boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautiful!

Beautifully written, great language, warm and loving story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
thanks again

lovely story. well developed. loved how Penny and Ron were able to adapt and thrive. too bad more folks don't do that. once again THANK YOU

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 10 years ago
The father

I would have liked to see some more on what happened to the father. Like his new wife cheated on him, or he grew disatisfied and cheated on her.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassalmost 10 years ago
Finding your true love isn't easy

Great story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was afraid Penny might not be found--but then the title of the story is "Finding Penny," so I just went along for the ride.

Thanks for posting.

pumpop201pumpop201over 9 years ago
Another great story.....

Another great story from a great writer. Thanks.

KarenEKarenEabout 9 years ago
Thoughts

It may not have been this chapter, but why did he stiffen when Mike referred to him as his stepson? As his wife’s son, that’s EXACTLY what he was!

I’m not sure how I feel about beginning the story with his wedding to Penny. On the negative side, it takes away the suspense, but on the positive side it’s kind of nice to be able to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!

While it was probably necessary for plot reasons, when Penny left the message, why did she only give her temporary contact information, why not leave her home address and phone number?

Again, probably needed for the plot, but while I can understand the magazine not wanting to give out HER information, why couldn’t they take HIS and forward it to her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
his dad

Always did wonder what happened to his dad

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
question??...

..."Always did wonder what happened to his dad"....

answer: daddy dearest is now a professional troll commentator to the stories on the Literotica site. He uses various pseudonyms; anonymous, analmousie, annoyingmousie, killalldecunts, BurnTheBitchesorBust, MisogynyisKing,. etc; ad nauseum.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
O MY PAPA

to me he was so wonderful!!!!!Until. TK U MLJ LV NV

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Privacy

When Frank and his mom and Penny's parents were in New York, surely her apartment was too small for the six of them and they should have had the place to themselves!

LVGirlLVGirlover 6 years ago
What a Bunch of Wonderful Characters!

The protagonists are people that are easy to care for, but the supporting cast was also great. His dad who seemed so nice turned out to be a cad, his mom who seemed so distant turned out to be an angel, Jeanine was a dimwit, Liz was memorable, aunt Hilda was sweet and wonderful and Frank was great. Tank, Chip and the other more minor characters were fully developed.

Coaster2, thanks so much for a terrific story and such interesting folks that inhabit the world you created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
My Goodness

For the whole series - no gritty sex, no dark incest - some betrayals but resolved - enduring love and commitment - and a joyful happy ending. What ever is literotica coming to?! Loved every word.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
I really liked this yarn

This is my second reading of this story. It is first rate entertainment.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
Awesome. Originally BTBitch into BTBastard. Plus romance. Plus geography lesson.

Top it off - a happy ending.

5-stars.

I only wish I knew what happened exactly to the father. Burned by new wife? Did he feel true remorse after receiving son's letter? Or was he truly shallow to even that? He did seem like a good father. A terrible dick of a husband, but good father. Was he invited to wedding? Or at least informed of it? Or is he permanently persona non grata?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story!!

I think I've read all of your stories at least once and most twice or more. I didn't wonder about dad. If he was so shallow to fall for an empty headed woman/child when he had such a wonderful woman for a wife, he was probably clueless anyway!

I went to engineman school in Groton, Connecticut while in the Coast Guard. There was a 255 (255 feet long) Cost Guard Cutter stationed in New London across the river from Groton while I was there. I was told about it while I was stationed at the training school in Groton.

It was 10 years newer than the rest of the 255's built at the same time as it was originally built! It got caught in a storm in the north Atlantic while on ocean station Bravo. It limped back into port with the 5 inch gun (& turret) lashed to the deck, and the keel broken. The ship was rebuilt from the keel up! I saw some rough seas in Alaska around Kodiak and out the Aleutian chain, but the ship I was on didn't threaten to break apart!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The father

Too bad you didn’t include more about the father and how his new bride cheated on him, gave him several std’s and ended up pregnant with someone else baby and he can’t get out of the marriage

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Brought back many memories!

I enjoyed the story for what it was but also for much more. The memories! I was born in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, went to college at the University of Iowa, and joined the Navy. I went through flight training at Pensacola in the early '60s. For not being a pilot you did a good job of describing it. I flew the P3-A and spent 6 months in 1966 flying patrol off the coast of Vietnam. I also flew the HU-16 Albatross out of Patuxent River. The thing I remember most is that when we went to full power for takeoff the engines were so loud we couldn't hear ourselves or the tower even with tight headphones on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
So, you didn't flee to Canada to avoid Viet Nam.

My only knowledge of Coast Guard in DaNang and Vung Tau (Saigon) was as customs agents. Both places were R&R centers, real tough duty. The flying boats were very seldom used except for touch and go's. I firmly believe it is way harder being in a combat zone as a "non-combatant" than in the bush or crewing a Huey.

Time just drags so slowly as the author states.

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 4 years ago
Loved the story, hated DaNang

The Coast Guard took heavy casualties in the riverine force patrolling the Mekong and other river routes from the North. A very good friend (a Coast Guard Lieutenant JG) paid the ultimate price while skippering a swift boat in IV Corps. Good story and ignore cheap shots about Coast Guard’s service in that stupid war. BTW, during the height of the war, DaNang was the busiest airport in the world and made worse when one considers that the traffic consisted such aircraft as the Pilatus Porter that flew final at less than 50 knots and F4s at over 150, and everything in between; our ATC airmen really had their work cut out for them. The parallel runways were so canted to allow for monsoon rain runoff that carrier style arresting gear was used for aircraft equipped with a hook, such as the F4, A3, Sky Raiders, etc. Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago
Very good Romance story

This story was a little too repetitive of emotions and a little short of details left unresolved. The stepbrother wasn’t resolved nor important to the story. Why bring it up? What happened to the relationship with the father?

I really enjoyed the read but those thoughts are left.

Thanks

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

This is one of those love stories that you could read more than once and never tire of it. This story was well written and had great character development. Well Done coaster2. 5 stars

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

lost a star for stupidity

why wouldn't he marry her before he left for Nam? More pat with spousal benefit and if he dies she gets paid for the rest of her life, which she doesn't if he dies as her fiancée

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

Superb.....

A great love story

Rated 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What more could you ask for? A relationship with your father you moron, who your described as a good parent.

4 Stars. The only negative is his stupidity for not contacting his father again, I thought he wouldve learned to not shut off a parent again after he did that crap to his mother.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

All 3 stories combined tell quite a fascinating tale. Overall, very good but just a few pages too long.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Frank's neighbor was EARNEST GANN? Absolutely the best writer about driving an airplane. Well researched story.

Anita71Anita718 months ago

A great love story 5 *

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not bad. But like with Chapter 2, some plot shortcomings:

.

1. It was never explained why Penny … who knew where Ron was at OSU, didn’t try again after her one and only call to a dorm room phone. Much less leave a message about how to be contacted. Yeah…it was 1963 or so…but not 1863!

.

2. Ron’s Dad just disappeared from the Earth. Yeah…Ron’s opinion of him took a big hit, but ZERO communication after he went to Oregon? Ron went from liking his Dad to total “who cares?” Maybe….

.

3. When Ron had his first flight with Frank, it was mentioned that Frank had a stepson. Where did THAT go?

.

4. Finally —when Ron Jess looking to join the military, as a college grad he would have been looking at Officer School. But as written, it read like he went to enlisted basic trading, and then Presto! He gets into flight school?

.

Overall….Ron seemed to have a large problem finding people. Again, while before the internet and cell phone, he sure lacked a basic ability to figure things out 😎

.

One more thing….never warmed up to Penny. At all 😱

.

4 ****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Dear Mother Previous Part
Dear Mother Series Info