All Comments on 'A Flash of Green'

by muirmadra

Sort by:
  • 71 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
superb

please give us more of this. G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
i don't know you,but you are a hell of a writer

keep writing your stories your way.great work.i'm a reader not a writer.

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
Congratulation! That was some story.

I loved this story. So different from most other 'loving wife' stories on this site. Please continue with this line of stories. I am of course a romantic at heart, in this story the hero got the girl he should have had and got rid of the bad egg that was his wife. I am so pleased that the hero stood up for himself took the idea of being a cuck and smashed it in to the groin of the lover. In stories similar to this one the husband always ends up being a weak man with no pride. No such thing here. Carry on writing.

NucleusNucleusover 15 years ago
One word ..., no. Better three

<b>More than great</b>. Thank you very much, Keep on writing such wonderful stories.

<p><b>Nucleus</b></p>

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Well Aren't You Something - Multiple KUDO's Author

Clean imaginative marital consequence told well.<P>

Thanks Author - You are looked forward to.<P>

With Very High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very Good

A story on Lit that made me feel good, I think I'll quit while I am ahead and go see what my wife is doing, Thanks!

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterover 15 years ago
I really liked it

I truly loved the part when he forced the bottle into her lovers pants then broke it. Truly a classic moment. Great job.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Very Fine Piece of Work

I would swear that I all ready commented on this story. The title and the non-erotic classification had me expecting that we would be having some up skirt flashes of green panties... I have the feeling that you could have tightened some of the passages but in general it was a fine romantic story though I admit that Ellen takes a prize for being stupid. I think that she got married without finding out anything about the guy other than that he was rich...

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDover 15 years ago
OUTSTANDING!

At first I wondered how anyone would do something so stupid as what Ellen did in the first scene but you made it seem very plausible. Flaunting Jimmy in front of Jason was her revenge for the imagined affairs with two women. No doubt she had planned to force Jason to accept her lover by threatening to reveal his "affairs." Thanks for a great story.

Risq_001Risq_001over 15 years ago
Geeshh! You better quit raising the bar .......

<p>....on yourself</p>

<p>Personally I thought it was pretty good. Not too violent, but enough to get the point across. Not the right flavor of believability to make someone see where the main character was coming from. Pretty good</p>

<p>The only thing that made me "wince" was when he dropped the bottle down the other guys pants then kicked it. I actually went "OUCH!" out loud. I could actually visualize it when I read it. (^_^)</p>

-Risq

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Another Winner

Good from start to finish. Thank you for your time and words.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 15 years ago
Totally satisfying!

I've been convinced for some time now that the hybrid: Loving wives + Romance (with a real loving wife) is a winning combination. So far I can't remember being disappointed, and this story proved to be no exception! Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Cant figure out why he got involved with Ellen in

the first place, the only thing that got her was his money. Give her a few bucks fuck her, then forget her, she was a whore. Lisa on the other hand was the real thing. A soul mate. Hard to find them, I found mine, and once you have them it is almost impossible to get rid of them, laffs. A great story of to many impossible miracles happening. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Enjoyable reading

I thought the story was very well done, good plot with matching technical skills. I would have like to see more character development on Ellen, and the big kiss between Jas and Lisa happened too quickly. But overall it was very enjoyable. anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
One of the most superb and emotionaly deep story!!

Need I say more? Most enjoyable reading ewer!

jiminabjiminababout 14 years ago
Great story...but

a green flash at sunset from Miami? Never happen. Maybe change the city to St. Petersberg. Other than that I loved the story. Top vote from me. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Outstanding story

You are a talented writer. Great storyline, good character development; empathetic characters. Well written prose. If you wrote commercially, I'd buy your books.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Whoa - great story!

Very impressive - both the writing and the premise of the story. Outstanding!

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
haha you had me research the title at the end!

Pretty interesting story, great finish; I had thought at the start that he should be with Lisa.. They knew and trusted each other then, so why not? Bit of a shame he went and married someone who didn't trust him that much when it came to crunch time. Guess you shouldn't go after someone on looks alone then! Thanks for the read.

jiminabjiminabover 13 years ago
Again

Just read it again and I still love it. Wonderful story. Thank you for it. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Loved it again

Its as good a read the third time through as was the first

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadalmost 13 years ago
Too bad

you did not write more stories... Your stories are good... this one more so...

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
At least the male lead wasn't made into a stupid boozer as in another story of yours.

LW authors also could use some imagination to have males show emotion without wracking sobs and floods of tears. The story was a pretty good read.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
truly excellent -

Graphic, powerful, emotionally charged, and challenging -

Really great read and great finish - Ellen was an idiot all right and he was beyond fortunate - seems the winners here always are but it would not be much of a story if the guy just got divorced managed to just live on half his salary and just managed to not fall off the end of the earth lol. We all like for them to be or get rich and live well as revenge.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
finally another writer with talent

he did it the right way.....thank you

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Loved it again

For the first time! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Pretty good.

But I didn't like Jason's character. He was wronged, of that there is no doubt, but he comes across as very much just a good old fashioned jack ass. Too many secrets, about stupidly simple and innocent shit, are no way to live and expect a relationship to thrive. Plus I've never been too keen on people who make a habit of being so completely anal about having everybody address them by their nickname, Jason, Jas, Jase, Jay, J.J., Sonny, who cares as long as they don't call you Betty or late for supper. Not as if he was stuck with a name like Mortimer or something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great

ending to a great beginning ... the middle ... Oh, well, you patched it all together. Keep writing! Your plots are so good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Well Done

Really enjoyed your story. Thank you.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
sweet story

needed just a little more work - got a little flat at points - but it was obviously meant to be a short one so i can understand it. well done - you get a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I read it, and,

if your other stories are as good as this one, I'll enjoy them all. Keep writing . . .

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Straddling

Reading this for the fifth time, and I never get tired of it! My honest opinion is that while this story felt snug to fit in Non-Erotic, it seemed to fit in Romance, as well. May I suggest a sequel to flesh out the stories of Jack and Lisa, or maybe Lisa's younger brothers? Many possibilities with these characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Straddling

Reading this for the fifth time, and I never get tired of it! My honest opinion is that while this story felt snug to fit in Non-Erotic, it seemed to fit in Romance, as well. May I suggest a sequel to flesh out the stories of Jack and Lisa, or maybe Lisa's younger brothers? Many possibilities with these characters!

toolman4243toolman4243over 11 years ago
Really enjoyable read

Doubt will ever see a sequel though as writer hasn't posted anything in over 3 1/2 years

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20about 11 years ago
5 * ONLY BECAUSE I COULD NOT GIVE IT A 20 *

Back in the day I flew on 727's alot, but that was in the early 1970's. Sure beat the hell out of a C130. Wonderful story but the time lines seem to be a bit altered.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love it

Very good , one of the best stories in a long time. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 PLUS

Quality writing throughout!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

Very good. Five stars. Thanks for the offering.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307about 10 years ago
Wow, what depth to a standard cheating wife story...

... Maybe a little lovey dovey for some tastes but really well written.

pumpop201pumpop201over 9 years ago
I loved it

This story was so full of emotion and I loved the way you developed the characters. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Thanks

For not RAACing it.

A good yarn with broken trust and second love.

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 9 years ago
I really liked the story

I wish I knew why Ellen had the affair. Any insight is appreciated.

xtchrxtchralmost 9 years ago
Love A Story...!

Love a story where the cheaters lose and the non-cheaters win. How could this wife even think the she loves her husband after what she did. I just will never understand how a wife can think that her husband is cheating and not say anything to him but go off and try to get even/revenge. This makes me think that she was just looking for an excuse to cheat.

I know if my wife thought I was cheating, she would be in my face 30 seconds after she found out. It would not be pretty and it would be loud but she would find out for sure.

Thank You for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Glad he found love at last, but a pretty contrived and unsatisfying plot.

So within a day of discovering his wife's infidelity, Lisa just happens to drop back into his life? And he never does have Ellen explain why she didn't confront him instead of just starting her own affair, for months. And we are supposed to believe that everyone at Ellen's company knew of her affair with the VP, except for the owner of the company, who is the VP's wife? And how did the VP get evidence of Jas's payments; that makes no sense at all. If Angela's family was that close you would think he would fly Ellen down to meet them. Oh, that's right, he wanted to keep secrets from Ellen. He sowed the seeds of distrust; he owed Ellen his trust and honesty.

So, nice love story, but way too contrived and pat to be satisfying or believable. Just cause its fiction doesn't mean it can be stupid.

Jack99Jack99over 8 years ago

@MartyMB - She explains that. She thought he was having an affair, and was going to teach him a lesson. Jas believes she must have wanted the affair since she didn't question the supposed evidence or talk to him about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sunset?

So they're in Miami, on the Atlantic, east coast of Florida, and they're looking at the sunset over the ocean? Kind of hard to do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story, great writing...

Thanks for a nice story - I enjoyed reading it.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 7 years ago
Second reading

Top of the line story. It may be in LW, but it is a great romance.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
He was a very generous man

and after being married for 6 years his wife didn't know him very well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well written but...

I absolutely hate it when the betrayed man meets the real love of his life immediately after the betrayal. It happens so many times on this site. It's not only the author being lazy and insulting the credibility of the readers but some form of defence mechanism so the betrayed husband doesn't really have to suffer.

Not really true to real life is it.......3*

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
If

you want closer to true to life, read biographies whiner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@Jack99

If you read final conversation between wife and husband, wife willingly and eagerly wanted to believe husband was cheating because she had already fallen for lover.

Wife admits she does not know why she wanted to leave him.

Lover's wife owns and runs company. Everyone at compant knows about affair - no way lover's wife did not know. No way lover covers up his injuries from wife...too much talk and his girlfriend was with him at hospital.

Cheating wife must have been way beyond HOT!!!! She is 40ish, loverboy mid20s and still risks job home and all financial comforts because his wife controls everything.

Must be true love because lovebirds end up with nothing..not even each other

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
enjoyable read

One reader thought he was anal about nickname...seemed to me he had been addressed as Mr. Cooley and simply was politely letting them know he wanted them to address him less formally.

One quibble point-beer bottles are not likely to shatter with a kick unless he was wearing steel-toed boots.

Might be mistaken. I am willing to test it out but am having trouble recruiting a volunteer to play Reed.

Hey! Anyone have lordslumdoggypoo's phone number or street address.

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
It

Was fantastic! I can't think of anything else that would make this story any better than it already is! THANKS 5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

desertdog43desertdog43almost 6 years ago
Truly

you have the gift......T

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great

Another great story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What A Great Story

I hated to see it end. In fact I did think the ending was a little rushed. Other than that I loved the story.

ewray321ewray321almost 5 years ago
Great Story

Great story. Thanks. Could have elaborated on the ending a little more and let us know how their life turned out.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Enjoyed it again

To add to Jim’s point about the green flash, you sometimes see it just before the sun comes up or just as it goes down when watching over water. Therefore in Miami you might see it at dawn. I saw it in CA as the sun went down. A google search will give you plenty of examples.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
What a magnificent story

If this story doesn't make you feel something then you have no soul

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 2 years ago

Wow! Talk about a tear jerker.... This story had me reaching for the Kleenex box and more. Loved the ending as it left me with a feeling that everything was turning out right, just as planed. Well done!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Terrific story ! Now the tissues.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Yes, I like it. And yes, this was the saddest story here I have ever perused. And yes, it made this old retired Army Sgr tear up (excessively).

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Read again. Great story. She rejected him, then found out he was wealthy and went full gold digger on him. He’s lucky it went as long as it did

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Excellent, I could use a few more pages of this story. Thanks.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

And it's fascinating how many people are satisfied by undeveloped bullshit. The whole story is rushed and entirely preposterous. I am convinced the divorced losers on here only care whether they can live vicariously through characters. Many haven't changed in years. Ifs quite pathetic really

1ceBit1ceBitabout 1 year ago

After being married to a total cunt for many years, I found a wonderful lady that restored my faith in humanity. I lost my love to pancreatic cancer 4 years ago and it still feels like yesterday. This story opened the wounds again. Thank you for your great writing. It felt real to me.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

I wish he was still writing!

5

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****Very entertaining story. Thanks for sharing.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter9 months ago

I really like this guy's work. I do wish he would have taken a little more care with the writing. He kept jumping from first to third person and back again. That was a little annoying but other than that, I found it to be well-written, and packed with emotion when Angela died. I gave it 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermuirmadra@muirmadra
545 Followers
A young 58 year old California boy born in Florida, raised in the Northwest and settled in Southern CA. Someday, I may actually grow up. But, not now!

SIMILAR Stories