All Comments on 'Watercolors Ch. 01'

by johngalt47

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 15 years ago
I agree with the ending quote.

As for the story? it was well written. But the wife should leave the husband. She is now on her way to perhaps satisfaction. She doesn't love her husband anymore she is only staying with him because she feels guilty. That is no way to conduct a marriage. You made the lover a slick. smooth talking prededtor, who saw someone who was just waiting to be seduced. In fact you have done everything to make the husband the bad guy and the wife the innocent girl. Well if she is happy then she should leave the husband and spend time with the lover.

thebulletthebulletover 15 years ago
nice story, well written

it appears hubby is entering early Alzheimer's. It won't be pleasant for her or him. An interesting situation: what to do now that she has a fall-back position.

bruce22bruce22over 15 years ago
Well written story

Bullet beat me to the diagnosis, because I could not complete my first read. I had to go out and walk around the block a couple of times. The fact is that it does sound very much like early Alzheimer or at least dementia is attacking and he will be needing a care giver down the road, which in all justice should be her. I have a very strong feeling about this because it reminds me strongly of my own situation and my decision was that the wife came first and there is no space for my special needs. Perhaps after a couple of years of this I will invent some sort of rationalization. The worst possible thing would be for him to discover early on nd kick her out,,, because then she would be home free. Of course, she finally recognized her obligation there would be no problem looking after him because he would probably not remember anything about the affair... Oh yes, I have diabetes, take beta-blockers for my heart and operated my prostrate so that probably makes it easier for me to put my wife first, though I really would like to have someone to talk to....

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Said it before will say it again. I

Women who want to commit adultry, if they have any respect for thier husbands (notice I didnt say love, women who love their husbands dont commit adultry) will divorce them before they play. This one is playing and still married. Cant wait to read the newspaper of how the husband suddenly got angry and killed her then committed suicide and no one knows why. The husband knew why, he found out and killed her then himself. Everyone will walk around saying no one knows why he did it, must have been his illness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
your excuse for wife fucking around unexseptible

nice story,but your plots suck.common sense is important to a story and in your writings comes up short.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
i think the husband is sick

i think the unexplained rages which he never had before, and other problems are a sign the husband is sick - with maybe depression, or maybe a tumor, or maybe a hormone imbalance.

but instead of doing something about it, she decides to be selfish, end their marriage, and have an affair.

weak

KlausTheMausKlausTheMausover 15 years ago
Great story

and the usual childish, fundamentally christian comments. One wonders why they read Literotica in the first place.

I hope there will be some more chapters, and I seriously hope the story won't end with any man taking control over the heroine. We really need more strong women in the forum.

Tearsofsorrow2Tearsofsorrow2over 15 years ago
Strong Woman?

I think the author paints a valid picture. The husband could have Alzheimer or he could be suffering from depression which usually accompanies Alzheimer. I would not think it is Alzheimer though as it is a slow progressive disease with cliff like symptoms. She would have noticed changes as much as two to three years ago before it would enter the stage described here. I would go with depression due to ED. He is trying to deal with the fact that he can no longer sexually satisfy his partner. We are seeing the beginnings of adultery in this story. It started with having lunch and not telling her husband about it. There is no strong woman here. There is an average woman here. The final statement in the story speaks volumes. We as a society can explain away any action. A strong woman would not have strayed. A strong woman would have confronted her husbands abuse and gotten to the causes. Then a strong woman would have helped her husband as a team face the challenges of old age. This is a very good story. It is a tragic story. BTW my mother has Alzheimer I diagnosed it ten years before it got to the dementia stage.

KlausTheMausKlausTheMausover 15 years ago
I just want to share a comment with all of you,

a comment from a very anonymous, very ambitious and very contradictionary friend. It reads:

"Your silly comments about the Christians and why they read Lit show an immature individual ego. Some of us believe in marriage, Christian or not, and still enjoy reading erotic and believeable stories. I wrote some of the critiques you commented on, and my wife and I have been swingers and enjoy life. But she would never sneak around and commit adultry on me, nor I on her. Grow up."

Well, my friend, IF you believe in marriage, just swing on, or should I say, dream on. But maybe it might be a uncomfortable awakening. Sometime. By the way: Do you know that scetch by Rowan Atkinson about hell? The punch line reads "I'm afraid the Jews were right".

Give all my love to your wife.

Forever yours

Klaus

PS. Sorry, johngalt47, to bother you. I just thought that stuff might be worth being shared with you all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
As Usual:

Well written story: clearly defined the problem for the wife. But missed the only solutions for her. Solution # 1: don't do anything and never discuss the problem and just live with it like many women do. Solution # 2: cheat and lie to everyone about it, as she did. Solution # 3: He will not get help, he will not discuss sit, it is not his problem, and she is worried about nothing: then a get a divorce and go off and screw who ever she wants. The set up for these stories is getting lame. What can the author offer as an excuse for cheating spouse? One of the typical plots is this story and all the reader needs to do is read many of the other stories in LW section for the others. And the cynicism of the end, reveals a woman who may not even love her husband any more if she thinks confession gives her a free pass. In fact, it does not. Confession presupposes you are actually sorry and do not intend to do it again. In fact, theologically, she is not forgiven if she has a false intention. So what are we really looking at: another cheating spouse who wants it both ways: a husband to support her and a lover to take care of her needs. Disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Without Consequence It Won't Be Credible

Could it happen - why sure. Does it appear that she will feel a consequence - no - as the writer has set up the poor bastard husband to be the braindead bad guy.<P>

The in sickness and health words have no meaning for those who selfishly won't hear the echo's of their own voice.<P>

The writer has a chance for a decent story if he puts life and reality to work. Then - You know - its hard to be aroused by sad manipulated avoidable circumstance.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 15 years ago
With such a change in his attitude toward her

Since he has become prone to outbursts of anger, I would have thought she would have seen the symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease, and had him get a check-up. The only thing that having the information, and getting him the medication to help would have done, is it would lessen the outburst. The end results are still the same, the old boy will be dead in the head in a short while, and won't even know who she is. A very realistic story,and quite common to what some of the elderly people are going through. Thanks for the thoughtful story... Rich

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 15 years ago
Excellent start to the story

Fine storytelling. Thank you.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
re: chastity belts and condemnations...

I love the story so far, but my comment is in response to previous comments about the theme of dysfunctional relations in older age due to medical conditions. <P>

I want to ask: In what universe do some of the commentators live? In a world where more and more people live to older and older age the problems of living with one partner in a marriage who is mentally disabled to the point of not being lucid or being partially lucid but certainly not being able to function as an independent and equal partner are becoming both more common and more severe. <P>

There are no simple practical or moral answers. One commentator cavalierly suggests that the functional partner should divorce the sick one and then would not have to cheat. Now that is such a clean and honorable suggestion! Send the dysfunctional partner to one of those huge warehouses for the elderly, AKA nursing homes (unless you are a millionaire), and throw the key through the window. What else? Put a chastity belt on the functional partner with the provision that the he/she be released in ten twenty years only after the death of his/her partner. <P>

Like I said in what universe do these terrible simplifiers live? I am not suggesting a free ticket to adultery. All I am saying is that we are facing a difficult and chronic problem which escapes simplistic black and white moralistic labels.

fern501fern501over 14 years ago
coloring down religion

Yes three AVE Marias and four Pater nosters ain't much but it shows the difference between Roman Catholics and Hugenots, RC's don't have puritans, furthermore Hugenots were more like Muslim fundamentalist nowadays.

I just didn't like much your standpoint on religions in the after text.

And yes some men are bad and so are some women, who are we? in front of any religion to decide on whose the worst?

diegotoadstickerdiegotoadstickerover 9 years ago
Professional Help

No chance someone would recommend professional assistance to see why Joe flies off the handle sometimes. Medical reason?

loveoverlustloveoverlustabout 9 years ago
THE WATERCOLORS OF THEIR LIFE........

....... are getting murky.

A 5.

loveoverlustloveoverlustabout 9 years ago
WHEN THE LOVE DIES........

.........THE MARRIAGE DIES.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No penance for cheaters

Yeah, it's ok to cheat on a lifelong companion who likely at the beginning of Altsheimers or dementia, especially when he yells at you.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Easy

Yeah, if it was that easy, everyone would do it you cheating bitch.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
OK

first, sounds like hubby may have the beginning of Alzheimers.

Second, I have to admit I laughed at her comment on the cheapness of her penance.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Wow

Didn’t really get this story till I read the Alzheimer’s and dementia comments. Now I see it’s a helluva story.

CaptFlintCaptFlint14 days ago

"After she had performed her penance of four Hail Marys, three Our Fathers, and two Stations, she drove to the nearest Starbucks. If that's all you have to do to get past adultery, no wonder so many people do it over and over."

Great thought. Well written story with fine twists to come. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous