All Comments on 'Melting Away, Slowly... Pt. 02'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
Simple49erSimple49erabout 15 years ago
Interesting reverse cuckold!

While I am a firm believer that when a marriage is over, they should part - and this marriage is over, just waiting for the fat lady to sing with Elvis - you are certainly setting him up with a comfortable recovery with Steph, a little sex practice with his "massage therapist", and a chance to humiliate his Martha when it all hits the fan. Of course, she might not notice and you have not written anything to indicate that she cares. But wait, Thursday night Bridge Club. Could it be? Let's wait and see if she has been as honest as she seems and really is an empty, sexless, uncaring, husk of a woman. Ah, yes, the old spousal excuse: I cannot get it home, so I get outside: a good ole loving husband story.

Tail End PeteTail End Peteabout 15 years ago
What a really nice story.

Thank you for the great start. Now we need to keep moving with the story, but don't forget we are melting slowly.

Tail End Pete

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969about 15 years ago
Hello PS

Once again interesting chapter. I can see why the husband is doing all this dancing and seeing the 'massage therapist' but if it were me I would still have a long talk with my wife about what she really wants from this marriage, the couple have drifted so far apart that there is nothing to really salvage. I do hope however that if and when things turn nasty as they probably will that the husband and wife seperate in a mature way. Let the wife or soon to ex-wife find a companion that she wants and let the husband have fun with Steph. But it's your story and you are far better than me at these thigns so please continue at your own pace and how you want it to end. I will be looking out for the next chapter.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Good Follow Up

Excellent writing. The advice for this guy on a BB would be

to talk to her, communication is everything. But PS has subtly convinced me that she is not listening, even to herself. I admit that I could not bring myself to take back a gift even after what she said. It is the other person's property now....

Maybe he ought to immediately serve her divorce papers to see if that gets her attention!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I really dont get the point of this.

The wife is unhappy in the marriage and doesnt want sex and treats the husband as a house servant. The husband wants sex and love that the wife denies him. He has, as all men in this case would do, turned outside the marriage to find the emotional releases he needs. This gives the wife ample opportunity to gain evidence for her divorce of him. Again as I stated in the first chapter, I believe the wife has an outside romance going and needs the spouse to help maintain her lifestyle. Divorce is the only option here. The husband could have divorced her from the high side before going to whores and meeting women. Now the wife holds the cards in a divorce action, he needs to have a PI gather evidence on her for the divorce with is coming one way or another. There is no love, lust, or emotions to cement the marriage back together! We dont need novel lenght stories a good story told well does not have to occupy days on end with lots of chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
IS the wife cheating? See no evidence of that

Based on the story so far there isnt any HINT that the wife is cheating. She simply appears to have lost interest for whatever reason.

KOTKKOTKabout 15 years ago
So close yet so far.

Both are so close yet so far from each other. Martha, I don't think is cheating on Mark. Mark seems to be getting addicted with Pearl, of course she's giving him something which he never received in his entire life. Chemistry between Mark & Steph is getting better. This story is 'Unpredictable'. I like stories with more chapters. Interesting to see where this story will go & I'm sure you've something good in stores. A person with beautiful thoughts, imagination & mind like you can easily write a poem.

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadabout 15 years ago
I like it

You have matured as a writer and your stories have kept on getting better with each outing. I think I am just sitting back and enjoying this story. It is not a Special-effects modern day Hollywood movie. It is a movie in which I can see Spencer Tracy and Kate Hepburn star (minus the sex scenes, of course). Wonderful!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
(I really dont get the point of this) me too

really good written, the scenes with Stephanie or the ones with Pearl. nice to see he starts finally living. but as the other guy (I really dont get the point of this.) said. two pretty long chapters and there is nothing about the wife. That does not makes sence to write so much when there is no reason to see why somebody should tell a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
fINE WRITING EXCELLANT STORY

iN MY oPINION ,YOU WRITE VERY WELL AND i FIND YOUR STORY VERY INTERESTING. i FIND SOME OF HUSBAND'S NITPICKING IRRITATING BUT IT DOESN'T INTERUPT THE FLOW OF YOUR STORY. nICE JOB. kEEP UP THE FINE WRITING.

THE cT. yANKEE

DrallDrallabout 15 years ago
True to life!

Life is not simple or straightforward.I'm 20 years older than our hero and am enjoying this story greatly. I hope they can find eachother again.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 15 years ago
The author id a very good story teller

I like the easy style that the author uses in telling the life of the characters. It seems as if the whole story is just the reminiscences of a man that is in need of someone to love him.

BigJohn601BigJohn601almost 13 years ago
Well, an oriental massage with a Pearl might be what I need.....

Just have to do some research and see what I turn up. Like the the story so far.....

willerileywillerileyover 12 years ago
I HATE IT

WHEN AUTHORS REMIND READERS OF THE LAST BIT FROM THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER.

PREVIOUS BY DEFINTION MEANS I JUST READ IT.

BUT YOU HAVE TAKEN IT ONE STEP FURTHER & HAVE CUT LITTLE BITS & PIECES FROM EACH PREVIOUS CHAPTER AAAAANNNNNNDDDD ADDED THEM TO THE BEGINING OF EACH NEW CHAPTER.

SO, NOW I HAVE TO WADE THROUGH SECTION AFTER SECTION LOOKING FOR THE NEW CHAPTER WHEN ALL I WANT TO DO IS READ THE DAMN STORY. A STORY THAT'S REC'D WONDERFUL REVIEWS.

YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS. WRITE ANOTHER STORY SO I AT LEAST CAN READ THIS ONE WITHOUT SKIPPING & TRIPPING OVER THESE RIDICULOUS ADDITIONS.

IF IT IS TOO LATE FOR THIS STORY PERHAPS YOU'LL CONSIDER MY COMMENTS, WHEN WRITING YOUR NEXT STORY.

THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoying it

Thanks for the offering.

LostOneThereLostOneThereabout 10 years ago
Sad story

and a very good one

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Yep - it moves along -

The wife will wake up at some point and be confused -

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
pleasant light entertainment

Thanks for this delightful read, Mr. Scriptor.

DHL

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago
Don't Rehash

The rehash in the beginning is both annoying and completely unnecessary, at first I thought I had clicked the wrong chapter.

Any more than a few lines to recap is just padding the word count.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5 stars

Did not comment on nor rate Pt 1, but am getting into it. The tension is building with his frustration at home and his questionable (this is literotica) ways of dealing with it -- withdrawing from wife, "massage," Stephanie.

Skip/scanned some of Christmas ritual, menus, technical job info, etc that not further plot.

Wonderful use of conversation, not just telling, to further story.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Still great but

Still great and well developed, but you turned the wimp into a cheater. No double standard here and no excuses, he's cheating in her. Physically with the asian and emotionally with Stephanie. He should lay his cards on the table and had a heartfelt talk with his wife BEFORE doing what he's doing. You presented a good case for him, but going behind your partner's back is cheating in my book.

ewray321ewray321over 3 years ago
Lost Me

You lost me at the massage parlor. Cheating is cheating no matter if his wife is not interested. Divorce her first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
no, you're wrong

This a STORY about a middle aged man trying to come to terms with a situation not of his making. Let's see where the author takes us

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I don't think the MC is cheating. He heard his wife say, when she had no idea he overheard her, say, she wished he'd get is animal needs filled elsewhere. In real point of fact she could not care less about him as a husband, which, to her, he no longer is, or even as a person she has any real affection at all. SHE has clearly divorced him.

Normally I'd burn the partner for infidelity but, in this case, he's struggling to find a way out to a new life. Would it be ethically better to just bail? Yes. But 30 years carries tremendous inertia. Also, he now realizes that his marriage is dead. Again, morally, if he were stronger, he should just bite the bullet and bail. At this point, though, he's still foundering to find a new, separate, sense of self; moving from the marriage of "us" to "there's just me now and I've got to keep moving". There is a fascinating parallel here between his friends loss of her husband, and how she struggled with that loss, and had to rebuild her life, and what the MC is going through.

This story, I feel, would be much better served, to severely curtail the graphic sex scenes. I would include them but perhaps limit them to 30% of the verbiage used.

Anita71Anita719 months ago

I really like the development between these two people

You write really well 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous