All Comments on 'A Journey Home'

by sirreadsalot10

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
zouzounizouzouniover 13 years ago
Amazing...

simply amazing. Such a touching, heartfelt tale. As a writer you excell, I felt like I was there. Good luck with the contest :)

mokkelkemokkelkeover 13 years ago

it was a long journey indeed, with ups and downs. but he made it in the end, he found his home and a lot more. it was a joy to read almost felt sad it was over, i wouldn't mind reading more =)

DormDadDormDadover 13 years ago
"Winter" and still Champion

Good story great plot and well interwoven with your now expected great stories.

5 of 5

Cedar_NeedleCedar_Needleover 13 years ago
Excellent Story!!!

His emotional and physical journey from beginning to end was outstanding! I thought the summer tie in was clever and very integral to the plot by ‘waking up’ the world and him. In addition, the sensuality of that first meeting was powerful! And the end…I have no words, because this was amazing!

Loved the entire story and good luck in the contest!!!!

JazCullenJazCullenover 13 years ago
Totally Delightful!!!

What a beautiful tale. Aerik's journey was indeed a trial at times but he remained strong.

Beautiful imagery in the world you created. Aerik's emotions from innocence to confusion, grief to love were so wonderfully spun throughout the tale.

I totally loved every moment of it. Well done! And Good Luck in the contest!

litfan10litfan10over 13 years ago
Masterfully written

Such a well developed world and concept. This was such a complete story that as I look back at the first page I marvel at all the distance you took me so effortlessly. A thoroughly enjoyable and, even better, memorable reading experience. Thank you so much.

1rndm11rndm1over 13 years ago
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

You already know how I feel about this!

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteover 13 years ago
Weren't you wondering about your...

writing abilities not too long ago???? Question answered.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
KUDO's Author - A More then worth while read

More an action / romance than sci fi and so well expressed.<P>

Congrats Author - you will be looked forward to.<P>

With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
FUCK YOU...

it was too good... HAR HAR HAR. Really however, GREAT stuff! If ever your abilitys where in question they should not be now!

avidreader_01avidreader_01over 13 years ago
excellent

very very good...i look forward to reading more from you

JaymalJaymalover 13 years ago
An engrossing journey

Well done, Sir - this was a very enjoyable rites-of-passage tale, contrasting brutal scenes of conflict with heightened eroticism. Some nice physical descriptions as well. Keep writing and good luck in the contest.

jimbodenjimbodenover 13 years ago
Good Story

This story was written very well.

cwyverncwyvernover 13 years ago
loved it!

I make my living as an editor, so I noticed a couple of typos, an awkward sentence here and there, and a minor plot/logistical issue or two, but by the end i just didn't care about any of those things, because the story was FABULOUS and I loved it! I loved Aerik's journey (physically through his world and as a character both), I loved the ending, I loved the world building. I read it last night and have been thinking about it on and off all day. And smiling. :) Thank you -- well done!

sandman0312sandman0312over 13 years ago
I liked it alot!

You know, it takes a tallented writer to make you feel the loss of Unkes more deeply than the deaths of the intended wife and her family at the beginning. I like how that garg became his last tie to his old life and the bond they formed so quickly became so strong. It was so sad when he stumbled onto the killer plants and Aerik risked himself to save him, only to have Unkes pass in his arms. Nice touch with the other brown eyed pup too, by the way! I enjoyed this story very much, as it was shaped in such a way that the pace seemed natural. It held my interest throughout. You took what could have easily been mundane, and wrapped it up beautifully. The fact that Aubria had Aerik's child and he was viewed as a oddity by his people allowing them to come back to each other was a lovely addition. Excellent story.

EdwarusEdwarusover 13 years ago
amazing

it was a great story keep up the amazing writing

LunaEroticaMysticaLunaEroticaMysticaover 13 years ago
Hero's Journey

A true "Hero's Journey." you would have done Joseph Campbell proud :) The story and characters were seamless and the reward for Aerik's growth and wisdom, being love and a newfound family was just beautiful. You elicited tears, soft sighs, smiles, gasps of pleasure, yearning, hope. Thank you.

GaleWillowGaleWillowover 13 years ago
A well thought out story with beautiful scences in it as a whole.

I usually stay away from short stories but this one was recommended to be by so many people that I just had to take a look. I was literally crying with Aerik at his loses and hardships. Then in the summer and seeing his happiness come together.

Unlike most short stories that are a start to a epic novel this one is stand alone. It has a start, middle and a hearty end. I would love to see more but then again it is such a perfect story that I do not need to.

Great work!

Scurvydog44035Scurvydog44035over 13 years ago
A wonderful Short Story

I really enjoyed Young wolves so I started reading this with an open mind. The world you painted was harsh and dangerous and I understood that to live here you had to be strong, hearty and fast. The hero of the story also saw strength in his companions which others didnt. I liked the Gargs. Write on.

katgoddesskatgoddessover 13 years ago
Lovely

A very warming story.

shortydeeshortydeeover 13 years ago
Awesome

I enjoyed the underline lesson that home is where the Heart is. Please keep up the awesome work.

ShyChiWriterShyChiWriterover 13 years ago
Wonderful

This is a truly wonderful story. So coherent and well-written. Bravo!

apollonaapollonaabout 13 years ago
Very nice

I'd even go so far as to say one of the best stories on this site. All the ingredients were there for a feast to the imagination. Thank you author.

LongJohnSilver013LongJohnSilver013almost 13 years ago
Magnificent!

Your writing never ceases to astound me. You have a talent for creating unique characters that speak and feel with a personality all their own. I love that the story is driven by characters and their journeys, and while this is an erotic story, it would be just as good without the sex.

Please, keep writing!

John

JPorter1955JPorter1955over 12 years ago
Great!!

Good story thanks!

JP

bunny_earsbunny_earsover 12 years ago
Beautiful.

and that's all i have to say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you.

Truely beautiful. Thank you for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
what a great tale!

beautifully written, all the human emotions were captured beautifully by you.excellent writing. keep it up, this surely was a great tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
awesome!

It's simple but amazingly happy tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wonderful!

Great story, plenty of action with just enough sex.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I am so glad I found this

A unique setting for a traditional love story.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
That was a pleasure

It reminds me of the books of Vardis Fisher in his attempts to understand the evolution of civilisation.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
a beautiful experience

an adventure and romance in a truly unique setting

TJSkywindTJSkywindalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful

Added to my favorites list. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Simply

A gem!

DrbicDrbicover 6 years ago
Awesome

Fun classic love story. Thanks

Crusader235Crusader235almost 5 years ago
2nd

My second reading of this little story. I still find it heart warming. Thank you for it.

cartmanrlscartmanrlsover 4 years ago
The winner

This one deserves to win the contest good job

ausvirgoausvirgoover 2 years ago

A beautiful love story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous