All Comments on 'A Tale Of Many Mistakes Ch. 06'

by likegoodwine

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Faster please

Keep them coming but hurry up with the story. Just when it starts getting good... it ends. Needs more.

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 13 years ago
It's time he got his head out of his ARSE!

I hope it is permant progress.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Mary should have tortured her mother more after finally understanding a slice of what her father experienced. Eileen deserves to suffer alot more. I was hoping that this story would lead to the whore's suicide but it looks like a reconciliation ending. Too bad.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 13 years ago
So far I like it

Pretty believable and not quite as much soap opera as some other peoples work.

Yeah, there will be a reconciliation but in this case it is one I can believe would happen. It won't be at any cost because everyone has already paid plenty. Looking forward to see what develops. :-)

likegoodwinelikegoodwineover 13 years agoAuthor
Not an answer to critics

I received a comment saying that this chapter puts some critics back in their place when the daughter expressed how sorry she feels now that she understand the pain lived by a scorned spouse.

Not really, the story was written at the end of August, early september, way before the comments were made.

I forgot to mention my thanks to grogers7 for editing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The story has finally

gone to hell. I gave it 1 star. What a wimp after 5 years of pain.

SC

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
So, it's the old tried and tested accident..

.. that leads to the RAAC. Extensively used by experts and amateurs alike and totally predictable... BOOORING.

So she's a nurse, does her job, and suddenly 18 months of fucking around is forgotten...

Don't like it, sorry.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 13 years ago
Perhaps as his body heals so will his heart

With the care being given to him by his daughter and his ex-wife, he may give up all of the hate he has for his ex-wife and finally heal the wound in his heart.

Good chapter, thanks

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 13 years ago
Hey, I really like where this seems to be heading!!!

Generally I am a Torch the Bitch type of fellow, but I do believe you've taken the pain far enough for a type of reconciliation to begin. Good Work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Not suffered enough

Eileen made a horrendous mistake letting herself be seduced by a predator during her period of concern about getting old and ugly. Divorce is not enough punishment for her. She should be stripped and beaten once a week in a public place. The practice of branding needs to be restored and an "A" branded in her forehead. After 5 years of torture and humiliation she should be injected with the AIDS virus and let die a slow death. Just before she dies her tits should be torn off. Would this be enough punishment?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great Story!

I love a writer who can develop reach living charecters and tie it to a believable story line. You have done that and more. Please keep the chapters coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
oh funny

I guess likegoodwine is as old as me and has read the same story I did some......ages ago. And like in the other story, when the writer could not find a way out with his characters who were unable to go on with life, the guy had a bad accident and the happy end is saved. good night and sleep well the bedtime story for all the little kiddies is over.

Blue88Blue88over 13 years ago
I like it....

I'm enjoying this tale, although I feel a bit miffed that each installment is now just one page. It appears that the author is trying to squeeze it out painfully slow. As to RAAC, I don't understand how that can be. Any cost? Hasn't there been enough pain and suffering - what more can a reader need to feel vindicated? Hell, get them back together already, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
re: oh funny

I happen to agree with you. I don't remember the name of that story you mentioned, but it was about a miner who goes inside the mine for a rescue mission while his wife fucks around. Years later the same incident happens, and this time his now ex-wife stands outside the mine with their daughter. The miner gets injurred and his now ex-wife take him to their old house, looks after him, and also fucks him. The plot is almost very similar to that story.

Mousse9Mousse9over 13 years ago

It was Coal Miner, by DG Hear.

Average_WriterAverage_Writerover 13 years ago
Good writing, And a good read.

But, if this truly is going to be a story where the writer gest the couple back together again. Well so be it. Anyway good story and thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Just as I predicted

I predicted this a few stories ago......I predicted that Eileen being a nurce, that he would get in an accident and she would have to take care of him and they would get back together.....these stories are so predictable.....

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 13 years ago
I enjoy it.

Blue is correct that the chapters are far too short. The plot is not new, but it creates emotion, so it is working. We all use the same few plots and just try to add of alter some part of it to tell a story. This story is a good early effort and you will enjoy a lot of popularity here.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 13 years ago
Fate

The heart wants what the heart wants, logic and pride be damned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
If the story was completed in August author:

Why is it being submitted one little chapter at a time. While the story is good your formatting is becomming a negitive distraction? Mike in Missouri

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
pointless story about...

a loser, no way to root for this protagonist and no way to root for the whore wife, make any more chapters about Mary - Kieran and Eileen are irritating and provoke nausea at this point

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
predictable

predictable

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
What!!!!

My God, you had a great story going...but the last 2 chapters have killed it. Is it so hard to believe that the husband could do so much better. This is turning into nothing but a big wimp story. Sorry I wasted my time, I will not waste any more. What a shame.

brujaybrujayover 13 years ago
So what

if it is predictable. It has turned into a good story. I'm enjoying it.

Thank you.

RHinSCRHinSCover 13 years ago
Damn

He started with balls. It seems they have shriveled up. They have medicine for that now. I would ask the doctor to check and see if he still has them, but they were gone before the wreck. A fucking year and half. Nothing but blue skies and creampies from now on. What a sad bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Yep let the slut take care of you and then whem your well enoughget the fuckout of Dodge away from the that cheating whore. I Kirean stay it only means a wimp cuckhold and enjoys eating another mans sperm out of the bitches slimey skanky diease ridden cunt

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Don't Judge......

the auther. If you have ever had a woman capture your soul, there is nothing you can do to get her out of your heart.

demantoiddemantoidover 13 years ago
Oooooooohhhh! This saga is melting!

A tale of many mistakes...took a major detour and did not follow the theme or the title of the story. No one has really made a mistake in the last couple of chapters. Oh what could have been...kieran's doctor could have been Eileen's fuck toy who had to deal with Kieran as a patient as Eileen watched and worried. Oh what could have been...Eileen discovering Mary's husband's betrayal (rather than Mary) and dealing with that angst and irony...giving a wonderful further dark layer to the story. Obviously there are a plethora of what could have beens. I just wish the last few chapters continued with the descent of the two characters into their own personal hells. But it is not my story. I sorta liked the feint of the daughters tragedy vs the potential harm and subsequent feelings Kieran felt for Eileen's welfare, but even then, no tale of many mistakes...saccharine and zwieback. I assume we are nearing a coda or have reached an ending. Thank you likegodwine, I have thoroughly enjoyed your craftsmanship. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Well, this is turning into a steaming pile.

Reconciliation stories are OK, when they are logical and have a definite flow. This doesn't -- unless you're setting us up. There were five chapters of his anger and finally indifference, none of which would logically lead to a reconciliation. So, instead of trying to write something that took a little brains or talent, we are presented with a forced situation. It is a tired cliche of him being dependent on her, of her healing him, and love returning. That is boring, trite, and piss-poor writing. Face it, the crash was a deus ex machina device.

<P>

As I said, unless you're setting us up, that she will heal him, but they will not get back together, that instead of using the cliche you set it up but go the opposite direction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I don't think Kieren is a "wimp". It is hard to turn off emotions for someone you have loved for 20+ years, no matter what they have done. And Eileen seems truely remorseful about what she did. People screw up every single day, they loose sight of what is important and do things they never thought they would do.

It's obvious that Kieran still loves his wife, despite the betrayal. And Eileen, despite her faults, loves him just as much. Love is not their problem, rebuilding trust will be the major hurdle.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 13 years ago
Not surprised by the accident ploy

One little quibble; opening a person up (to find out what is wrong) does not happen these days. While trauma is not my field, I do know that a 3 minute CT scan will show all the main internal injuries. This (as well as ch 05) was too short, as others have also commented. Thanks for writing.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 13 years ago
So its predictable - like a good wine : )

Sorry couldn't help myself with that line but to say a predictable story is like a good wine you pretty much know what a specific bottle is going to taste like but you still enjoy and it my be better than you imagined!!!!

Good read worth the time and I am enjoying it! Very impressed how you picked up speed of submissions. I assumed you would keep about same pattern nice surprise that not everything is predictable like this story as well. It still had and I am sure has some twists!!! So keep writing so I can keep reading. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Like a good wine? You mean like THUNDERBIRD wine... the drink of drunkards?

Harry nailed it again.

The husband is so pathetic that even when his stupid dumb as shit arrogant daughter sees the light he doesnt know to do with it.

For 5 years the daughter shit all over he loser father.

Just as Harry saw, the husband is a loser for 5 years and cannot pick his nose withoutn breaking down or freaking out. Now that he is back with his cheating wife... he will be fine

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
To Wimp or Not To Wimp?

I have a bad feeling he may have lost his nads in the crash. Or maybe the shot to the head made him realize he never had a pair, which is why she started fucking around on him in the first place. Anyway, a very suspenseful build up, I am looking forward to, yet dreading the ending at the same time.

Senrab13Senrab13over 13 years ago
Love and Hate

Love and hate are strongly linked. You always get the angriest at those you love (think kids, siblings, and spouses). But that's not really love and hate, but love and anger.

Love and hate happens in divorces--you see it everyday. Yes, we all have faults, arguments, and make mistakes. And sometimes divorces happen when we grow apart.

But, Eileen didn't make a mistake. She deliberately cheated through an affair. She may still love Kieran but I'm certainly not interested in that type of love. Keep me in the hospital or place me in a care facility, but do NOT let my care fall to an exwife I never wish to speak to again. She died during the cheating and the divorce...

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
You have a terrific story going here

Really enjoying this read and the speed you write your chapters allows us readers continuity as we read from chapter to chapter. Wonderful story many more chapters please maybe double pages?

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Enjoyed it

But I have to admit that reconciliation is on the horizon and that we have quite a bit of deja vu, but then if he had a violent reaction and died while trying to escape from the hated woman then we would also have deja vu... Has anyone come up a different torch the bitch story,lately?

<P>

THEY HAVE ALL BEEN WRITTEN

<P>

What the write does is choose setting and tones. This writer is doing a fine job..

One thing that worries me is that the commentaries gives me the impression that being in love = wimpishness for most of us.

RePhilRePhilabout 13 years ago
Give us another chapter

Please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Wonderful !

Simply wonderful writing by skilled Author with remarkable insight into human interactions. Most enjoyable !

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Clown Kieran

I think in a way, she was fond of me and liked the peaceful surroundings of my country estate. She was full of life and always spent at least half a day, and sometimes the night with me. She always took good care of my physical needs.

So what happened to the nice young escort that liked him and cared for him? Oh yea, shes just another female, another bitch.

So far in this story Kieran has proven himself to be a self obsessed arsehole. What a wanker!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Hard-edged disclosure of feelings

because they too are hard edged. Just why Kieran is such a stiff prig in defense of his own pain escapes me -- life never provides such rigid choices, and obligations -- not to say the vow "for better or for worse" -- impose on everyone a need to reach decisions in consonance with what's best, not what's "right." His excessive anger in defense of the institution of marriage, even his date's unstable marriage, signifies he has a lot yet to learn about being human. So keep him at it! Write more! Maybe by old age and a wasted life he'll learn that human needs create tragedies and comedies alike, not merely opportunities to feel betrayed and so to practice high dudgeon.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE TRUTH ALWAYS LURKS IN THE DEPTHS

just aching for an exit to the former self. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please!!! Don';t do it!!!!!!!

Don't get them back together mPlease, She doesn't deserve it. He doesn't desreve her cheating ass

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago

Five years & he's still a bitter lonely old man! He's still dwelling on the slut --this is a reconciliation story & it blows chunks! The author didn't even try to pick the husband up, dust him off & try again. Instead the author portrays the ex-husband as a drunken loser who refuses to move on. Not cool dude! The husband should've been in love & remarried not a complete loser who can't find happiness unless its with a whore who cheats on him all because she saw a few fucking wrinkles & gray hairs. It's pathetic!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
"Sighs"

Damn. Not much to add to what Danger09 said. One more chapter.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Forgiveness

I see a reconciliation coming and I am all for it. People always want to point the finger at someone else's mistakes and say that they deserve whatever punishment comes their way, but when it is their own mistakes in the forefront they wish people would understand and show compassion. I have made many mistakes in my lifetime (some of them REALLY big) and I always remember the people who forgave me. In fact, the fact that they forgave me when I didn't deserve it makes me not want to disappoint them ever again. My mother always used this scenario with me: Who is more grateful? The guy who is forgiven a $10 debt or the guy who is forgiven a $1000 debt? Its not up to anyone to say what another person deserves if you are not a part of the situation. Especially if the wrong doer apologizes and makes amends. You wouldn't want to be judged like that when you are the one who needs forgiving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Bullshit

So in other words, Javmor, I can do anything I feel like doing (lie, cheat, steal) and all I have to do is ask forgiveness? What about consequences and retribution? You may forgive a criminal, but I feel they must still do prison time. And, by the way, fucking around on your spouse is not a mistake, it's a deliberate treacherous act.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loving it

The accident as a device to force reconciliation. I can see that, but five years is a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
thoughtless

Not one mention of the other passenger. Every one of your characters are self absorbed assholes....I frankly, don't give a shit what the hell happens to any of them. You've lost me.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
There was no other passenger

He was on his way back home after taking the escort back to town.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Ugh...

Please God no. Don't let him go back to a willfully, deceitfully and skillful cunt cheater. No man or woman deserves having to worry about what their spouse is doing for the rest of their lives. Just cut the cord.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
AND WHEN THE SHRAPNEL AND SHIT HITS

guess who the target was, TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Agree with my earlier comment

after five years, had to imagine their feelings getting stronger. Time has a way of healing wounds, but this woman has not done much to try and get him back. Fate did all the work.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 9 years ago
Priceless

Paging Dr Guttierez, paging Dr. Guttierez, you are needed in the ER. We have an auto accident victim who is in need of your expertise. Paging Dr. Guttierez! Eileen, "Where is that pain in the ass?".

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
An Hour Away?

An hour away limits visits to every other month?

If it's too much for his "loving daughter" to drive, why can't HE drive to see HER?

And his kids couldn't come to see him even on his BIRTHDAY?

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
No RAAC, Please!

Count me among those against them getting back together.

I've said it before, I'm typically a happy ending person, and it certainly seems that HE is leaning towards reconciliation, which I guess would make it a "happy ending" in his eyes.

But an 18-month affair is NOT a "mistake", it is a betrayal!

She herself says that if she wasn't caught and did really break it off she would STILL have lied by omission.

And her using the kids to try to influence him is disgraceful. If she was TRULY sorry she would express her sorrow, then get out of his life and not interfere with his relationship with the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Why couldn't he write his request?

To be transferred to a rehab facility? Seems logical and certainly better for him as a professional facility would be better able to care for him 24/7.

seekerazseekerazabout 9 years ago
Shame on me for wasting the time

Eileen gets through it unscathed, and worse, unrepentant for the basic betrayal. Writing is pretty good. Kieran is for the most part a lukewarm character and most of the saga has crisis points but no real crisis.

At this point I'm ambivalent about the characters and the story and angry with myself for wasting the time on something that was so obvious from the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Please... Please...

Please don't let them get back together!

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
ITS A GOOD THING HE DIDNT SUE THE HOSPITAL

never piss off your attorney, your dentist, your doctor or where he has privileges. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

A quick change of heart, but after so many years it was inevitable. Still love it. Still five stars.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
??

What happened to the Escort who was also the in that car wreck with him?

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 8 years ago
He was on the way home after taking the escort home.

Didn't work out like I wanted. I was hoping for the whiney ass to buy the farm. He needed to kick the bucket and let the rest of the family get on with a calmer life without his hysterics.

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
rushing

A near fatal accident leaving more questions than answers ..... this chapter feels like it's rushing towards an ending .... writing not as good as earlier installments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ah, when everything else fails...

You need to put the cheated husband on an accident, kill some minor character or make the cheating wife sacrifice herself for the cheating husband.

All cheap writing tricks to force the reader to believe in an, otherwise, unbelievable reconciliation.

You're better than this cheap trick.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Unable to do anything?

Grab the Doctor. Grab a piece of paper and a pen. Ask to be put into a rehabilitation facility and don't put the bitch on the visit list. Done!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Disappointed

Had to be a debilitating accident that forces the betrayed husband to let the cheating wife take care of him. Guess it has to be something.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Good ending

This is fine original ending. Despite some fools wanting BTB. I have to say, given stereotypes of the previous chapters, I expected some cliche like "remorseful wife dying of cancer" and similar nebulous stuff often presented on LW but this surprised me. It is a fine open ending, open to reconciliation. If this wife is so remorseful as the writer keeps on making the character that way, then she is worth of second chance.

The only problem I have that writer has chosen to make our hero winning personal lawsuit of "Alienation of Affection" against doctor for 6 figures. That has never happened that is known to me. Again, these lawsuits are allowed only in a handful of states and are rarely, if ever, won. The character would have better (but very tough) chance to win against hospital even in that case I doubt he would have succeeded, unless he could prove that cheating has been happening on hospital grounds and that hospital administrators knew about that.

Overall this is not a bad story although it is riddled with many cliches. The ending is a saving grace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Self righteous asshole jarred back into sanity.

So it took the authors magic wand, a car crash, to set him straight.

Of course more realistically his ex moved to Hilton Head and got work at a hospital. In new surroundings she blossomed and soon was in a LTR with an anasthesiologist who worshiped her and she forgot all about her grumpy asshole ex. His car crash left him hooked on legal painkillers and he was fatally wounded in a drug deal gone bad. Daughter reconciled with David. Son came out and is now designing sets in Vegas.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No

Another weak LW male...worried about being "alone" in his old age, can't connect with other women, carries a torch for the cheating slut, and the accident in which he's handed back to the slut like an infant. Cliched, low T character. The truth is, if you are like this guy at his age following the divorce, women are seeking you out. They may be widows or divorced women (many of who divorced cheating husbands), but there is a lot of quality. What is suggested by the ending...that the H is going to teach his daughter that her husband's adultery isn't a big deal and that she should go back to him?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just Offensive

Now H is completely infantilized to promote the RAAC. The wimpy/weak/cucky low T H character ought to be permanently retired from all LW stories. It's far too repetitive

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Pathetic!!

All that work just to set up another UNBELIEVABLE RAAC.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
His fu

was years ago when he married her. Too late to fix that. Five years of faithful waiting and now selfless service while he heals? When it happens, this will be far from the worst reconciliation story on here. You can read Bigguy33 for many of those.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep

Story is going down hill fast and about to go over the cliff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The old "accident" trope...

being trotted out again in the service of a RAAC. As for the rest, the H has somehow devolved from a normal, principled man to a demi-man, a pathetic, insecure, needy cuckish, pussy-whipped invertebrate. This is a ridiculous, implausible transformation of the character that appeared in the first 2 chapters. This guy needs TRT

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

I had forgotten how long this was. If course the accident will bring them back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well far enough for me

Happy endings are when the MC finds someone who views fidelity the same as the SO.

This is obviously him ending up with a cheating spouse and pretending it's going to work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh boy!

I'm not against reconciliation stories, but even when it's well written, this is soooooo cliche. The accident, last resource of a lazy or not creative writer. please, Can you take the time to write a believable reconciliation tale without shortcuts? So lame.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

Ahh. The good old car accident to render the pathetic cuck helpless so the slimy old whore can molest him while he is helpless.

Lazy plot device.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well said silentsound

The cheap resource to force a RAAC. She took a shot for him, he is in an accident and she takes care of him, etc etc, Anything but solving the underlying issues that drove her to cheat. She never went to see a shrink or did anything to repair the damage she caused. All she did was cry and whine. We still don't know how long the affair was and the was no revenge on the "good doctor", who was a serial cheater btw.

Good writing but the plot sucks big time. 2 stars for me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pathetic wimp

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 3 years ago
I rate the writing, not the outcome

Well written.

5⭐️s.

The outcome is clear. Punish the doctor, please?

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Yeah gonna end it here, in typical fashion we have a bullshit RAAC story. Just another slut who betrays without punishment....

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Another writer on my do not read list. I wonder how you people can look to yourself in the mirror and not vomit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

@Mikoda, sing it, brother!

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

Writing is very good, story, not so much. Why is it so tough to steer the plot into KO marrying a 25 year old escort? At least there's honesty in that relationship. And talk about a woman who would be grateful to be taken care of by an honest man. ⭐⭐⭐

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

A question many authors probably ask themselves when stuck with how to move the story forward when their protagonists are so fully estranged, rather than think with some semblance of originality they revert to that well worn cliche of one or the other ending up in hospital, usually an automobile accident but could easily be a heart attack or maybe for the more exotic readers delight…gunshot wounds, but his or her recovery can only be achieved by the tender ministrations of the guilty party.

Yawn!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I see someone has been reading the standard "Cheating Wife" handbook that is available in most Loving Wives stories in this forum, as there's a template of sorts in the forum. The standard "I love only you", "it meant nothing", "It was only one time", "it was just sex", and many others. Like it's pointed out below, it seems when the authors are stuck trying to move the story forward, they always seem to find a way to put the MC in the hospital, whether it's a heart attack (most stories start there), a car accident, a gun shot from a robbery, or going out on a date with the wrong guy (going about it the wrong way), being attacked in their own home by a muscle bound gym freak, the police, or hit men, or even a planned hit or 2 (yes I do read a lot of LW stories). It does move the story forward, most times toward RAAC, but one story I read led to a new lover for the MC after he was shot in a robbery. He later on hooked up with his previously unknown daughter from his former ex-wife. So, somebody has been paying attention to all of those little tid bits that almost every LW story has in it, even by the greats on here.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

Annnnd I'm done. Crossing you off my reading list. You went full Moreau.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

+1 point for David cheating on Mary. -2 points for putting the MC in the hospital and then ends up being cared for in their old house after 5 years...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You are really ruining what started out as an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So little time spent on the reasons of why she did what she did, and instead tossing in some setup in the form of a car crashing landing him in the hospital where she works. She was clearly depressed about getting older and the planned retirement, but her response to her mid life crisis was berserk and rotten. It would appear that she was exceededingly good at lying and compartmentalizating her affair. How do you rebuild trust? It is almost believable that she loses him fiercely but her insecurities got the better of her and she had to be desired by a younger man, seeing him every 2-3 months for two years (she gives away the timing in chapter 1, when she has no more reservations about retirement like she did the last two years), for what 8-10 f$cks in a hotel with Xavier the dashing, seducing surgeon from Spain. Ironic that in real life that is a prime reason that men cheat because if midlife crisis and age. Women do it because feeling neglected, disrespected or not being paid enough attention. And yet another LW story where an author, presumably male, writes a story with a cheating LW who cheats for reasons more readily identifiable for men to an audience of mostly male readers. Sad to see this being set up as a RAAC. Hee betrayal and lies were huge and though she does appear to love her (ex) husband, her solution yo her mid life crisis is execrable especially when he aborted the swap during their midlife crisis. Make sher time with Xavier seem even more tawdry. What a mess. Can understand his non confrontation with his wife. Personally nit my cup of tea but he loved her so completely. Crushing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Agree 100% with previous commenter. How the heck can this become a RAAC? Early chapters were better at 5 stars. This and previous one dropped a star....

Barkinbeast2010Barkinbeast2010about 2 months ago

Knew this would work into a RAAC story but reading the comments is just has good. Anon from five months ago claiming women cheat for ‘higher’ motives like being ignored, unappreciated (which is the state of life for every man married or not their entire lives) - women often cheat through vanity, feeling old even when their in a living relationship and a log of men going through a midlife crisis are has likely to buy a motor bike, sports car or take up some sort of ‘risky’ new activity (like rock climbing or combat sports) so your research is a bit suspect (maybe anons a woman defending her genders higher moral character.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

RAAC yippy!!!! TWENTY BILLION STARS SQUARED; okay that was just to piss off the BTB and bash you wifes to a pulp then pull a gun and shoot them crowd. There are one or two of them out there. Still better to have loved lost and regain than die a bitter and twisted old fuck.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous