All Comments on 'A Long Walk Home Ch. 02'

by JazCullen

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Awesome chapter as always!

Can't wait for chapter 3! :P

nonnienonnieabout 13 years ago

Holy hell! Who the hell could see her? Oh this is getting good. I love how protective the vampire is over his children and how hard it was to try and tell them what they did wrong but then hold them in his arms. Great job as always cant wait to read the next chapter. See what more happens to poor Dayton.

princessTRprincessTRabout 13 years ago

I was on here stalking another story that had just been posted when I saw this - nearly happy danced my way off the seat LMAO!!!

This was an incredibly informative chapter - it was a great snapshot of where things were at and what had happened for some since we last left off.

One question though - if Dayton was based in Japan, and the Armand/Hanlon pack is only a short distance from the Hanlon boundaries - how did Dayton get onto their territory? Did I miss something?

donaldedonaldeabout 13 years ago
even better then the first chapter

it is hard to believe that this chapter was even better then the first chapter loved it and can not wait until the next chapter thank you for the treat of the second chapter this week you are the best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
gr8

just keep on rolling jazz

I agree wit princessTR about location of pack though .

willieonewillieoneabout 13 years ago
Cliff hanger so soon! Jeez Jaz!!!

Love this chapter! I am of the opinion it was either Celeb or Gard that grabbed her! They both have the right vintage and power to see her!

I wonder if Rafe has ever told them that Day is part of his pack and that is why little lily could talk to him!

willieonewillieoneabout 13 years ago
PS!

princessTR yes you did miss something, you may have to read chapter one again to answer your question.

jilliebjilliebabout 13 years ago
Oooh-la-la!

Awesome cliffhanger!

Can't wait to find out what Rayne actually is, though it does seem like she's some kind of hybrid. If this is the first time she's met someone who can detect her despite her shadowing, then it would seem to me that she's finally met her 'match' *wink*

Greatly enjoyed the way you've developed the dichotomy between Dayton and his wolf here. Also thrilled to bits to see the twins and Loretta; it's like being reunited with old friends.

Excited to read the next one!

zooey4luvzooey4luvabout 13 years ago
Tease!

Freakin Brilliant! But you are soooooooo annoying! Arghhhh!

Questions were answered and yet a million more popped into my head and I'm now left shaking with anticipation for the next chapter. Really glad to hear from my favourite couple and the little monsters they've created. That Lily sounds like a handful and I can't wait to see all the trouble she gets into.

As to who has grabbed Rayne, am I crazy to hope that this introduces the return of Caleb and Annie into this series? And by extension an explanation to their curious change of events in the last series?

Arrgghhhh! So many questions, so much time to wait until they're answered!

As always I'm left with one word that sums up my feelings...Awesome! Jokes...Freakin BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zooey :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great!

Great story and loving it. Can't wait to see next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
LOVE LOVE LOVE

You are definitely my FAVORITE author on this site! I am usually impatiently waiting on the next chapter or story from you to post! This one is just spectacular. Lovin it! I just started following you on twitter too so now i'll know when something will post. Hehe (my twitter name is dazeygrl).

lostchickenlostchickenabout 13 years ago
*big sigh*

This was so worth all the begging, pleading, sacrificing my dignity and going against my human nature to wait for this chapter - but it was soooooooooo worth it. Thank you so much for being such an awesome writer and succumbing to our heartfelt pleas. We are all truly grateful :)

desirdesirabout 13 years ago
Same question as princessTR...I went back and looked at chapter 1, but

isn't Dayton still in Japan?

Confused. But loved this chapter! I'm waiting to see all those old familiar "faces" again.

Naisa11701Naisa11701about 13 years ago
You are sooooo Good

My goodness i can't wait to read the next chapter you have held my attention with your stores for almost 6 days. I was reading past posts and i have been awed wonderful work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Yay!

I think I'm in love... with this story! I loved seeing the babies. They are so endearing and Dayton is an amazing character to read. I'll wait patiently for the next installment.

Fatality

JazCullenJazCullenabout 13 years agoAuthor
Author's Comment :-)

Excerpt from chapter 1 - "Dayton had been visiting Japan, a Gallery showing promoting his work when the first Vampire/Were conflict had happened."

Dayton lives in the same city as the Armand-Hanlon Pack. Freya and Ash didn't go to Japan to visit him at his Gallery.

Hope that clarifies some readers' confusion :-)

Jaz

xxx

beibeegyrl_109beibeegyrl_109about 13 years ago
My Heart Sings...

with each new installment. Anxiously awaiting your next post

KolrinKolrinabout 13 years ago
Poor Rayne

but good to know that she isn't all powerfull. Still wondering who and more importantly what she is. That really is something.

And damn good work once more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Omg

Thanks Jaz...now after that wonderful read I feel the need to spread the love around so it's time to wake up hubby!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Get's on her knees

We are not worthy..we are not worthy..

Oh no didnt T already do the knees thingy lol..

Fantastic chapter Jaz as per...leaves more questions unanswered yet again evil woman!

mike2710mike2710about 13 years ago
You have given ...

...Your self away. After only 2 chapters it is clearly obvious That you CANNOT stop with the were vampire series as you hinted to in the prefix of chapter 1, you are not that cruel we need our fix as only you can give us. So no more of this talk of moving on (:

By the way good story thank you . Mike from Texas

bulltlrbulltlrabout 13 years ago
*GASPS*

You made that picture sound so, so dirty! ;)

I believe that G just has made his appearance and R has some explaining to do.

Thanks for posting early! XXX

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Stunning!

Next chapter really soon please!

cmtpipcmtpipabout 13 years ago
OMG

Ok, I love Lily and Kallum man those two are really something else.

Could it be Calum that has Raybe or maybe Freya? Aren't they the oldest vampires, hmm I think it is Freya because flying up high then dropping someone from mid air sounds like her evil ass. LOL

bearmad1963bearmad1963about 13 years ago
Great

Great chapter as always. Your work is very good and I cannot wait to know what will happen to poor rayne and Dayton.

Very gripping story.

Rustyman65Rustyman65about 13 years ago
Holy Crap

I have followed all of your work so far, and it just keeps getting better!

Please hurry with the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

ten times better then the first chapter... could Rayne be the first vamp/ were child. With the ability to shadow herself she could be half vamp. the only person/s who can feel her is one of the ancients. I'll just have to wait until the next chapter to see how everthing plays out

mariasmdmariasmdabout 13 years ago
omg

who c aught her?? was it freya??

those kids sound so adorable. I wonder if Rayne's capture will force dayton to come to the compound??!!omg, omg!!!

MizTMizTabout 13 years ago
Where To Start

With Lily and Kallum, who sound adorable in appearance and a nightmare to handle. Or maybe the parents, Alexei trying so hard to be a good father, and Loretta who seems to take motherhood in stride. Dayton, who feels his Beta instinct kicking in, and his need to protect vs his need to be alone. Rayne, I haven't quite figured her out yet. Is she friend or foe? With all this going on you leave me with a cliff hanger like this. Ok I think I see Caleb or Demetri in the next chapter.

You have my brain going 90mph trying to figure out what happens next. And the funny thing about that is, I know you always get me. I am always surprised by something I didn't see coming. So you can keep giving me extras like you did w/this chapter, because I will be here. I'm not going anywhere. I can't I'm hooked!!!!!

luv_romanceluv_romanceabout 13 years ago
whew!!!

another great chapter Jaz!!! :) keep it coming with more surprises...

the story is unfolding beautifully. :)

EvilSnomanEvilSnomanabout 13 years ago
Wow

Oh wow! Come back from a freezing cold camping trip and this is a treat! Holy moly I definatly did not see that one comming. Oh any gerrr your back to your usual cliffhangers although this is not as bad as some of your past.

As usual I'll leave you with my usual, I eagerly await the next story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Hmmmmm........

A bit of speculation going on here....I'm thinking Rayne just got caught by Gard.....During the spring forward in time, Annie had to tell Rafe of Gard...being as he was her brother before and Rafe is her brother now...I am betting that Gard is as protective of Annie's kin in the pack as Caleb is...thus guarding them as he would Annie....

As I said, this is entirely speculation on my part, but it makes sense...lol. Gard would be about the only one who could sense or "see" Rayne when she was shielded...except for perhaps Annie and Caleb....

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 13 years ago
I have all manner of names to call you

for leaving it there... but I also want to thank you for posting again so soon! Haha! We're so hard to please! Love hearing about all the little ones. Loved having a glimpse of my Alexei again- can't wait to see him with Cedar and his two little girls. Actually felt some sympathy for Dayton in the chapter and am so excited to find out what happens next! Don't make me wait!!

lilwolfspiritlilwolfspiritabout 13 years ago
Wooow

i love the kids and how Lily was able to speak with Dayton and was able to bring out his protective instincts to the surface, i can almost see the shields he build start to crumble even if he doesn't want that to happen. *grins wolfishly* and for that i say about damn time..lol as for WHO found Rayne *chuckles softly* i have a feeling it is Gard and boy is he in for a big surprise, because i also have a feeling he just found his soulmate with her, so i am waiting with bated breath for the next chapter to find out if i am right..lol

Keep up the excellent work hon

Donna

Rudegal74Rudegal74about 13 years ago
Another dammit man moment.....

Jaz.......If I could get you in trouble for leaving me hanging like this yet again.......I wouldn't. I absolutely freaking loved it. I am one of your truest ride or die fans.

I simply cannot wait for the next installment.

saorisaoriabout 13 years ago
So Happy!

I am so glad that you are back better than ever in 2011 and I can't wait to see what you have in store for our old favourites as well as the newbies, Dayton and Rayne!!

I am not entirely convinced that you actually took a break, but I hope you are well rested cos we're gonna bug you for more until you give it to us!

DarkFlamesDarkFlamesabout 13 years ago
What a temptress you are!!

Are you making a living at this???? You should be. I've bought books that weren't a 1/3 well constructed and delivered as your stories are. You go girl!!! I'm a fan for life!!!!!!!!

mikothebabymikothebabyabout 13 years ago
oops ya did it again

left us hanging after a superb chapter. I am trying not to torture myself with trying to figure where the story will go because you always take it somewhere I did not even think of. So I have schooled myself to just read and try not to speculate. But who am I fooling lol - my mind is spinning with the possibilities. Thanks for another mind blowing story. You are THE BEST. hugs, Kate

SxxyMamacita3SxxyMamacita3about 13 years ago
dammit dammit dammit woman!!!!

you got us hanging here like monkeys in a tree!! hurry up with ch 3 dammit!!!! i am loving this story....you better get all these stories, from beginning to now and beyond, published!!! i will pay ANYTHING for all to be in MY library!!!! love you bunches!!!!

Lydia

Sunamoon37Sunamoon37about 13 years ago
damn cliffhanger

please hurry this is a very interesting tale!

sexynoisesturnmeonsexynoisesturnmeonabout 13 years ago
WTF?!...<hit computer table with hand and screamed> SHIT!!!

OMG Jaz....I was on the edge and you dropped me right a long with Rayne!!!!!! Only I kept falling and hit bottom:-( That was probably one of your best chapters ever in my opinion. It was absolutely fabulous and that is why I fell so hard on the cliffhanger. The only thing I am taking comfort in rightnow is that the next chapter is already written and hopefully I won't have to wait long. Seriously, you should feel so guilty for what you did to me:-) So guilty in fact that you should submit the next chapter immediately:-) I find that you really don't need an editor.

zouzounizouzouniabout 13 years ago
You know ...

that I think you are awesome. I'm loving this one.

sexynoisesturnmeonsexynoisesturnmeonabout 13 years ago
PS

Also know that as soon as I hit the computer table and cussed, I then immediately clicked 5 stars and then proceeded to whine to you:-)

frosty_hore8frosty_hore8about 13 years ago
best chapter yet...

so good, had to read it twice!

thanks for posting so soon after the last chapter.

very intrigued about the scent that is attracting rayne; doesn’t that usually mean a weres mate is near? or is it that the children are a mix of were/vamp? how do we know that the children are in that house? perhaps gard (her mate?) has been watching her while shes been on packs lands before swinging her off in his masculine arms? *breath*

jaz... don’t keep us in suspense for too long... please. ;0)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Loved it!!!

As always I loved this chapter. I have been a fan from the first of the series. Something to think about, when you get tired of the series, just take a break and write something else then come back when you feel like it instead of stopping it completely.

Now keep writing or we will all start posting bad poetry. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
NOOOOOOOO

You can't do this to us, end it there, add more, soon :P

catman71catman71about 13 years ago
jaz

as usual, great, i am guessing one of the kids is her mate, thats going to fun(maybe) and as a statment of fact, with the number of these you get, i have a sense that published for pay work is on the horiaon

KatLadyKatLadyabout 13 years ago
Uh oh!

Rayne, that's what happens when you go peeping in windows. My guess is he isn't going to let her fall.

More please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
O MI GOD!!!! I COUNTED ALL THE COMMENTS NOT WRITTEN BY YOU USING AN ALT!!!!! THAT'S 3!!! INCLUDING THIS ONE!!!!!

so you cheat your way up the leader board.

HaloveteHaloveteabout 13 years ago
Ha ha!

Look a Jealous MaGee back there.

Your writing is amazing, chicka. I've read everything you've written and I itch for new chapters after every one that I finish. You are truly talented and make this site worth visiting despite the teasing comments from my room-mate. (She just hasn't felt the full force of the Jaz, so she doesn't understand!) You make me itch to try out my own hand at writing, though I'm sure to pale in comparison. Don't let the downers ever cause you to doubt yourself. Because I never will, nor will all of your other loyals out there. Keep it up and give us all something to look forward to!

VjaxVjaxabout 13 years ago
Nice

A short compact chapter that moves the story along well. Vampire is male as the arms around her are "Masculine" My bet is hothead alexi. Great job, looking forward to more.

SkyDreamerSkyDreamerabout 13 years ago
Wonderful!

Another story to be addicted to. Thank you, THANK You! Love your writing, just awsome!

jenni_tujenni_tuabout 13 years ago
great chapter

I love this chapter. I want to address the location of the pack. The way I read the first chapter is Dayton had been in Japan for a showing. Since Ashleigh had driven to see him, my assumption was his gallery was close to the pack.

SilkydarktereasaSilkydarktereasaabout 13 years ago
Ridiculous!

To acccuse you of cheating your way to the top is so very ridiculous! To get to the top, one must be an excellent author...bar none. You have that in spades.

To accuse you by using an anonymous post tells all of us just what kind of person this is....if you are going to accuse someone of something, have the common decency to use your user name instead of hiding in anonimity. Rock on Jazz....your true fans have your back!

lucianloverlucianloverabout 13 years ago
I am not gonna comment!

Not going to say one word about how good this chapter is!Nope!Not another word,nada,zip,silencio!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
WOW

I love all your stories cant wait for the next chapter x

shyintxshyintxabout 13 years ago
Loved it!

Can't wait until the next chapter. How sneaky to leave us a cliffhanger. Naughty Naughty

392OhMyGoodness392OhMyGoodnessabout 13 years ago
The little ones

I am finding the little ones to be sooo cute Jaz... Now Dayton well I just don't know what to say about him as of yet he's still so dark and moody.. well I'm glad that Andrei didn't kill him that's for sure otherwise this would have been the shortest story you would have ever written l.o.l and we all know that's just not your style. I knew it was inevitable for Rayne to go lurking about the pack grounds for long without someone catching on to her... at first I was thinking that maybe Dayton had created an imaginary were-friend for himself-- but her being caught by someone validates that she is in fact a real being so that's good. Otherwise chapter two is pretty darn good.I do feel sorta sorry for Dayton's wolf though, only getting one night a month to come out and play...oh well I guess it works for Dayton to stay in his neutral, suspended status.

As usual awaiting the newest chapter.

-392OhMyGoodness

angelshellieangelshellieabout 13 years ago
love it

Your work as always is wonderful. One quick help its homey. homely is ugly and plain.

cant wait to see the next chapter.

bossladybossladyabout 13 years ago
absolutely fantastic!

This is just great. Of course I'm racing ahead to try to guess the vampire. The kids are adorable as well as seeing the Vamp parents.

Angelh120Angelh120about 13 years ago
LOVE IT!

Great story love the ending! Can't wait for another chapter!

Heather

PaganKittyPaganKittyabout 13 years ago
NOOOO!!

MORE NOW!! Please?? Purrrrty please?? =^_^=

tanilctanilcabout 13 years ago
great chapter. more please... i am loving the new part of the story.

amazing.

libra_ladylibra_ladyabout 13 years ago
is it just me?

or is Rayne bi? if so I am totallly down for a lil ff action =p

apollonaapollonaabout 13 years ago
Hmmm

Oh dear. Don't hurt the putty cat!

shortydeeshortydeeabout 13 years ago
Ho! Boy

this is getting good. Who got her? I hope that she dose not get hurt to bad......LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
This is fun!!

I am addicted to this series. You are a gifted writer, thank you for sharing your talent. As much as I love reading the story with the joy, despair, violence, love and unexpected plot twists, I find myself anticipating the end of each chapter so that I can read the thoroughly entertaining comments from my fellow readers.

Jaz, you Rock!

lili82lili82almost 13 years ago

Lily's been a hot mess from the beginning! It's cool to come back and read of her shenanigans when she was younger and then read about her grown up shenanigans!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hooked

I am hooked to your series. I am reading all your work. You have an outstanding talent.

drews_lette11drews_lette11about 11 years ago
I'm confused

I thought Dayton was in Japan? Obviously rafe and everyone else are in the US. So how can Dayton be in Japan one day and then the next i'm reading about him avoid the pack lands? PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!

LogicallyInsaneLogicallyInsanealmost 11 years ago

@ drews_lette11 I believe it was Freya who was in Japan.. (I'm not positive though, so don't hold me to it..)

Anyways, I never thought I would get into a series with Vampires and Werewolves, but wow. That's all I can say.. I've read everything from FTE to this, and I have to say I'm impressed. You're such a great writer, and your style just pulls people in. Thanks for writing this and the rest. :)

-LI

Littlecat76Littlecat76almost 11 years ago
To drews_lette11

Dayton did an exhibition in Japan a while back he doesn't live there.

Jaz I think this is my favourite FTI story it is the first I read before I realised that it was part of a bigger series, I am reading back through them all again and this one is just brilliant!

rbjrw1030rbjrw1030about 8 years ago
I feel like I'm missing something

Is this part of. Series? I feel like I should know some back story. I really like this book though. Great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
It is a series! The first one in the series is not on here anymore

you have to buy it off amazon but it's a great series!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Still such a good read!

I've started reading this series again while waiting for new chapters of "Storm of Shadows". I have rarely, if ever, read any story a second time, no matter how much I enjoyed it. However the quality of these chapters and the 3 prior series are so good that revisiting them is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your ability JazCullen!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

From the little knowledge Loretta had just gained, her children appeared to be able to talk to anyone mentally and that was worrying.

They may not have known who Dayton was, but he is part of their pack. I would think that Loretta would know that he was part of their pack she is a beta. Although talking to anyone that isn't their immediate family might be surprising. I wonder what other kinds of gifts these hybrid children have that they aren't saying

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJazCullen@JazCullen
6494 Followers
31 January 2021 Storm of Shadows Ch 12 has been submitted today. Hopefully it will be with you all soon :) Jaz Also, Fighting the Inevitable is now available to buy on Amazon... Amazon US: http://amzn.to/1SxJWkg Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y52J5VY I have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES