All Comments on 'Tuesday Night Music Club'

by rjordan

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpetealmost 13 years ago
No tension in this....

..."Feel Good" story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Boring.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
The trouble is

While it's an ok tale, and it certainly is that, and basing it on a song is also ok, Hope you don't expect any of your readers to recall the song, and the story-line in it.

And certainly hope you don't expect anyone to have an LP that's some seventeen years old, and then have something to play it on. (or cassette).

But a good Tale, well told,

Cheers, and Thanks,

Kilroy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Loved the song and your story....

I have the album on CD and love it, the song you based this on, and your story. Well written, short, and very bitter sweet.

Michael

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAalmost 13 years ago
She was a coward!

Screwing around with Mac was no kind of sick redemption. She certainly thinks that Jack is an asshole. I wonder if his side of the story would match hers? She should have just divorced him and moved on. This was a feel bad story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

She gets what she wants. Maybe things work out for her

chootkabhootchootkabhootalmost 13 years ago
pathetic

has the wife ever heard about 'conversation/talking/dialogue'?? straight away fucking strange cock without talking with the husband.

IrfonIrfonalmost 13 years ago
Poor kid.......

Nobody should have to put up with that level of ignoring !!

Felt very sorry for her,she obviously tried to talk with her husband - no joy !

...misery loves company,maybe she should give Mac another call and try to get her life started again.

Good,but sad,story - keep writing :-)

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 13 years ago
Okay

Okay but, shouldnt his questioning about why she isnt home in the morning when he returned from an overnight flight preceed a query about dishes?? Dishes just support her extended absence. She seems justified to leave mr Fun guy, but i'd dislike him more if we knew more about him besides his job is time consuming.. 60-80 hours a week take the wind out of my fun quota too.

brujaybrujayalmost 13 years ago
Follow-up Needed/Wanted!

Your follow-up could actually be a nice little romance between Mac and Sharon. Lots of possibilities with the estranged hubby. His perspective.

This is really the start of something good if you can move away from the "song." You've got potential Loving Wives, Romance, Non-Erotic, etc.

Thanks for sharing your story. Please keep writing.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 13 years ago
Wow!!!!!

A great read and, surprise, a perfect ending. Will be on the watch for your next story!!!!!

chytownchytownalmost 13 years ago
Great Story!!!

Great Read. Thank You

rjordanrjordanalmost 13 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments

Sheryl Crow was quite surprised at the success of this song--she thought there were much better songs on the album and that this one was just a gimmicky confection. I loved the lyric for its incredible imagery, and I love Sheryl Crow for her gift for just this kind of imagery.

In answer to one poster, my story is stand-alone. It doesn't depend on knowing the lyric, nor even having heard the song. Very little of the song's imagery is actually used in the story. It just intrigued me and I wanted to write about it.

I have no plans for a sequel, but maybe "Every Day is a Winding Road" would fit :)

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repair man

He says he's been down this road more than twice

He was high on intellectualism

I've never been there but the brochure looks nice.

ohioohioalmost 13 years ago
I thought it worked.

A nice, understated story about a woman who (with the help of an interesting stranger) wakes up and finds herself very unhappy--and does something about it. Maybe not very kind in her treatment of her husband, but people aren't always kind, are they?

I thought it was very well done.

Thanks, ohio

MarvinSMarvinSover 12 years ago
Nice story

One of the things I like about this is the ending. It actually ends. Too often authors feel the need to continue the story with divorces, revenges, or reconcilliatons. YOu ended the story just right. It's up to me to imagine the husband's reaction, the possibility of more time with Mac, the complications of her decision, and Mac's reaction.

By the way, Rjordan, thank you for reading my first story (emails) and offering suggestions.

ptstewartptstewartover 10 years ago
Well told ...

... story. There's a sad truth in this. There's nothing pretty about the end of a marriage and always blame ... It depends from which side the story is told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Not quite true, she lied to herself

She startwd out the story saying she was looking for fun but that is shown over the story to be a lie she told herself. Looking for fun when her husbad is out of town and easily allowing herself to get seduced not once but twice, why didn't sje jave tje gits tp face her own obvious feelings and ask for divorce before she committed adultery ?

Ud Qa KICWKWAA NeuFW QGT Qaa ub ur, this must have been goin on for sometime Where in all of this is her culpability in the destructon of the marriage. Sounds like she had done nothing solve the marital problems probably for years. At the end she takes the holier than thou high ground to unilaterally declare the marriage over. At least whm she finally confronts what she had done she realizes the Mike is in past but what she doesn't say is it is because she used for a meaningless exercise in sexual infideity/

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 9 years ago
Enjoyed the ambiguity of the story ?

Is she a good woman who finally lapses due marriage awash in entropy or repressed slut who just couldn't tough it out when faced with temptations. I don't know and in a way don't want to know. Excellent story telling that leaves the reader to draw his or her own conclusion. Full marks !*****

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 8 years ago
Ratings turned off?

Gee. Are-Jordan turns off the scoring after Ohio & LSDawg gives this fine tale high praise? Gotta agree with both! Especially O's observation that this tale ends at EXACTLY the right place!

5* (if I coulda voted!!!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
sorry i am just old fashioned, dont mind swinging as a couple tho, if you want to cheat divorced first

no matter how you paint it she is just a cheating slut, no socially redeeming features

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well bitch

if you aren't happy divorce and get a job and then fuck who the hell you want.

DrKenStoneDrKenStoneover 8 years ago
Responsibility

So she is bored, sits at home, and finds life is a drag. So take responsibility for yourself.

Do something fun, act like a responsible adult. Perhaps if she took charge of her life she would be more fun. I feel sorry for the husband and he is probably better off without her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
telling

She misses flirting at work then as afterthought she even misses husband

Mac certainly does laugh at other people not sure why you lionize guy who sits around in bar all day perving on married females

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
funny

Big hands big dick hilarious.

Bricklayer I knew was big guy...biggest hands I ever saw. Could carry two eight in block in each hand by inserting fingers in holes nd squeezing together...then added one under an arm...try it

Could also pick up same size block by spanning across top and gripping....very thick muscular fingers

Joke around handball courts was he was big keg of dynamite with extremely short fuse.

Some called him turtle as in those little pet turtles whose head barely stuck out of shell.

He was also belligerent asshole who treated wife like shit

One night angry and drunk she let all his handball buddies know he was no grower and wiggled her pinky finger in his face.

Yep he had huge feet also.

He used to make fun of his hod carrier-called him baby fingers. Kid would only shower when no one else was in there and always kept covered. One day mason sought to humiliate kid and yanked towel off...hanging halfway fown his thigh was baby arm to go with those fingers

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Your worst

Author's worst story. Whore should get th divorce before she cheats.

rjordanrjordanover 4 years agoAuthor
You're welcome

Good luck in therapy.

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Best this train wreck deserves is a ppfffhhhtt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

do like your husband - get a divorce - 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Where was the story?..

.

ZERO

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrjordan@rjordan
111 Followers
Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit.