All Comments on 'Led by the Ring in His Nose'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
Rob ConnerRob Connerover 12 years ago
Good Tale!

Liked It! Liked the characters. Different but Good. As Usual.

Don't let the annomonous assholes get you down.

Rob Conner

theaquarianpentheaquarianpenover 12 years ago
good stuff

I'll let your ex's keep you from getting a big head.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
GOOD JOB

This has the makings of a serial submission/////could last a long time//////many trips for knights of the road. TK U MLJ LV NV

clearshooterclearshooterover 12 years ago
Excellent!

I had just planned to scan the first few paragraphs to see if I even wanted to read your story and I was sucked in! Great characters, good development, some things moved a little quickly but, overall, great story!

I agree with an earlier comment, this lends itself to a great serial adventure and I will be certain to read more of your writing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
The scary thing is that I know families like Neela's!

Others who read this may snort and think it's a gross exaggeration ... well maybe the Bull Ring. But the fact is that if a man isn't man in full, his woman will fill the power void with alacrity. Excellent theme ; it's hard to believe that Neely moves from one way of life with the matriarch holding the keys to power , then seamlessly merging into equal partnership .

I could also quibble with the tricking sojourns which brought pace Of story to 'idle'. Still the author's skill carried me thru-I've read him enough to know that though he might choose a very winding , convoluted path- we would ultimately wind up at destination of choice.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzover 12 years ago
Damn fine story

Really! !

searchingforperfectionsearchingforperfectionover 12 years ago
Very good but...

The only negative comment I have is that the societies you allude to are almost exclusively male-dominated.

Other than that, I thought it was extremely good. I didn't think the trucking scenes were long or boring, I thought they were character development.

Not much sex, but then again sex isn't always what it's cracked up to be. That's just my opinion. ;<)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story

As all your stories are, this is just great. Well written, interesting, no misspellings, no grammatical errors, no wrong word usage. Another well written story by one of the best. Keep it up. Looking forward to more in this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
i really liked it!

the ring thing was a little over the top but i know people who live like that. keep on trucking!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
WTF was *that* about? Incomprehensible, pretty much.

Gotta stop doing them hard drugs, boy.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 12 years ago
I thoroughly enjoyed - was hooked into it!

I mean you had me hooked! I enjoyed what he did with girlfriend – just wished would have sold it to someone else but I am petty that way but glad you stayed true to the character. I was shocked when the father died (did not see that coming!!). I was elated when he stood up to Neela's family (yes I have heard of families like that - in fact didn't see how manipulative my own mother is until I was married to my partner and soul mate).

I am not a critical reader if I can read and understand a sentence no matter error or syntax or grammar its fine to me. You write for the pleasure of writing and some feedback to improve your hobby - I assume from your bio. I read for my pleasure of a good story (in this case a great story - I'll say it again I thoroughly enjoyed it).

Your characters, the values shown (be true to self, stand up for what believe, communication) in the story and the true concept of a great marriage - partnership. Nice portrayal of how trucking can be with the positives - have brother who drives!

Well done 5 stars and a favorite. I will read again sometime soon and see if I feel the same again. Likely will be playing this story over again in my mind to analyze it which has only happened with a few stories on this site!

So please keep writing and I will keep reading and give feedback for my payment of your effort. This was well worth time to read!

Thank you for sharing!

hodunkhodunkover 12 years ago
WOW ! what a great story

Attention readers! If you want to read a great story,read this or any of scorpio44a's work. FANTASTIC !

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great story.

Great story, especially as I own a 68 Chev Impala myself.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 12 years ago
An excellent story with an actual plot...

Very entertaining. I understand the workings of Momma's mind, have heard before of families like that. I think that I would have killed her. I do think you could have not given so brief a story of her conversion to the real world but that's just me, not saying it to be critical. Never mind the naysayers, it was a GREAT story.

xtremeddxtremeddover 12 years ago
Glad you had this story in you!

and...

Started reading "to see if I was interested" and could not stop. Great tale very very well told.

Thanks for sharing with us on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
process

I'm getting the idea that these stories pour out of you faster than you type and that you don't go back and read for the small typos... so I'm learning to let that go.

This is a very interesting story about, among other things, adaptation to new cultures and culture clashes within and across families. I'm sorry you had the Dad die... I was looking forward to a conversation, maybe even a relationship between the two fathers and the another between the two mothers.

~Rusalka

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
More goodness direct from the vine -

Like a fine wine -

Thanks as always - this was very nicely thought out -

The culture clashes - early on over the cars then with the family were great thought provoking areas to work through.

Family trucking and poly do seem to be VERY recurring themes - and though they do give lots of flexibility in where you go they do seem to also hold great significance for you - i get the poly piece and wish the world supported the ideas better - the trucking feels more "roots" based for you - just a feeling.

I always like the way my brain has to work through the ideas in your stories to decide who is "righter" -

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
???

What the fuck! So why did he sell the vett? Why didn't he just tell Nicole to fuck off? And for that matter, why was Nicole and the crap about the corvette even included in the story? Or any of the crap that concerned planes, trains, trucks, ships at sea, donkey carts, and automobiles, for that matter? The moral of this story seems to be: Don't get involved with people from the "old country" (i.e., people in any way associated with the third world within the last 3 generations, evidently). Were these people supposed to be gypsies from Romania, or something? I can't believe this story is rated 4.76, even in the "erotic couplings" category. And for that matter, there wasn't much "coupling"; this probably should have been intended for submission to "non-erotic", and then not posted.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Wow how did you get Momma to read this story Scorp??

Failing to grasp is fine failing to read and pay any attention is less tolerable -

The beginning set up Ben for who he is and how he believes - the Vette was already less important to him than he thought and so it was no loss and got him the valuable thing he truly enjoyed - the car for his Dad.

The culture clash was not to demean anyone it was to show how people can be educated and grow - or not - and that it is a matter of personal choice. You may have noticed that individuals from both US grown generations understood the issues and related to them immediately (her father did, her uncle seems like he did) and people from both generations failed to understand (her brothers did, her sisters did not). The sisters wanted the partnership MORE than the control they would have had - that is truly wonderful.

I re-read this because Scorp did not have a story I had not read up today it was well worth my time. By the way erotic is as much in the mind as fucking - the joining here was not explicit but the joy was always complete and clear after Nicole left.

Thanks man - again -

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 11 years ago
A 425 CU IN HEMI...........HUUUMMMM!

Ain't no such animal. We shoe horned one in my 1970 cuda but it was a 426 and lord did it run. Two holly 4 barrels, and when you launched it down a 1/4 mile it felt like you were in a F-4 phantom jet, I know I've been there done that. Momma needed serious help for her mental condition, they should have had her put away in a mental ward, and all got drunk.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good story

If you've never been involved trying to be assimilated into a large, tight knit family, then you don't really appreciate this story. It's like a combination of mystery novel meets spy novel meets steamy potboiler. And when you think you've got it right, you realize you're in the spin dry part of the washing machine! I thought you did a good job with your telling of this convoluted relationship. Pulling the sister out to Phoenix was a little stretch, but than it's a fictional story. Well done. Keep at it. One thing - no such thing as a 425 Hemi engine. The Dodge fans out there hate you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good!

I like your style, Fuck anyone else..Have you wrote any stories lately? larry kansas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Led by the ring...

This is more like it. Would it not be nice if you could please every one every time? I love when the hero (boy or girl) comes out on top and the story focuses most of the story on that? Please read the next sentence at least twice to make sure you under stand me. You are not a good writer, not even a great one, you are a great story teller.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
"Good Story"

A good story, but no way would I have sold my vet to that bitch.

Lw456902Lw456902almost 7 years ago
Amazingly well written

I have read and reread most if not all of your stories, I write but find I'm not in your class. This doesn't bother me as I write for me and haven't put anything out into the world. I will always come back to your stories for the comfort and enjoyment reading them gives me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Passable argument, too bad all characters are robots.

auhunter04auhunter04about 2 years ago

Been reading your stuff for a long time.

One thing struck me, if you are going to move to Rome (America) do as they do

Now about Sharia law ----------

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a nice heartwarming story.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I sort of liked this but it was just too much of a good thing going on and how nice he was

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

silly but I read it all and liked the part about standing up for a partnership. I have no idea what country allows women to rule the husband and family.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous