All Comments on 'Bedroom Girl'

by milkmaiden38

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
sorry

terrible

BBW FanBBW Fanalmost 12 years ago

I disagree with the comment above. This piece is NOT terrible. The proportions seem realistic and the rendering of the right hand is fantastic.

I'd work on pushing the shading a little more. This will really give depth to you work and give more realism to your colors.

Keep on drawing.

Deevine42Deevine42over 11 years ago
Love it !

Very nice. She seems to speak with her eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The Eyes says it all

Almost anyone can draw a figure and make it look good from the neck down, but the face and especially the eyes are extremely more difficult. You captured the eyes perfectly.

Thanks a million.

Tom

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm sorry 2

no, the other anon person is right...it's terrible. If you want constructive feedback, the eyes are too dark, the nose looks broken, and if you think the right hand is well rendered, then you haven't observed a real hand properly. Try bending just the tip of your index finger like hers. Does that feel natural? And the middle finger bends off in two directions!

The 'artist' also needs to practise foreshortening..this will prevent the left 'baby' arm appearance. The lines are weak and it's flat as a pancake. Practise and you'll get there. In about 20 years, I reckon

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
if you ain't Van Gogh..

This is an illustration to be proud of!! I think it is very well done!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Damn, it looks like you cut of her arm. Practice proportions and try and work with a referance next time, should take you about 3 years to get good enough. You just don't have that natural talent that tells you when you've done something poorly but hopefully you'll start to realise where you're going wrong. Good luck!!

jimmy_jamesjimmy_jamesover 11 years ago
anon posters don't know how to critique

i like your use of watercolor washes on this - the eyes stand out against the more muted colors used elsewhere. her mischievous smile is a great accent too. you could have been a bit more extreme on the perspective of her left arm, reducing the width of her wrist and hand more drastically, but all in all it works.

i'd really like to see these anonymous art experts put their money where their mouths are - where are your drawings, anonymous?

keep on posting, milkmaiden.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Those guys are idiots. If you aren't an artist you shouldn't say anything about having no natural talent. I think it's clear that you do have natural talent. Work on it. I'd love to see more of your work.

Peeperguy29Peeperguy29over 7 years ago
Beautiful

Well Done 5 Stars Definitely...

EsslemontEsslemontover 4 years ago
Intriguing

Thank you for that drawing. Out of all, I feel that’s my favourite.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous