All Comments on 'The Dragon Ring Ch. 07'

by Beatnic_jazzman

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
what letter?

out of the blue he gives her a letter she is not to for ten years?

why?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
The Prince:

How many assassination attempts has the prince been involved with now? And he just lets him live?

Your stories play out like daytime soap operas.

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenabout 11 years ago

The letter seemed to come out of nowhere, like you thought you had mentioned it before but maybe edited that section out?

And then the story just ends right as you're finally getting to the sex?!?

I've sort of come to expect your stories to have these brick wall endings, where the reader is enjoying your little guided tour of your fantasy world and then suddenly the tour bus slams into a brick wall and thus the story is ended. (Quin was the most egregious example.)

However, expecting it and being prepared for it are not quite the same thing. After reading Quin I thought you'd at least run us into that brick wall after the wedding night, but no... you had to be MEAN and steal the juicy bits! ;-)

So this story officially ends with us knowing nothing about his ring (even though that was the title of the story!) except what it looks like and how he got it, nothing about their reception back home (apparently there's another war to fight via the hired mercenaries), and the homicidal prince is still running loose.

I know there's a "next book," but I have to wish you'd give some thought to telling and finishing a story before starting another. What was the point of ending this story where you did? Why not just call the next story, "chapter 8"? In most trilogies (etc) each part can stand on its own, as well as being a part of the overall story arc.

I'm not railing on you, or saying the story is bad. In fact, I gave chapter 6 five stars, and this one four stars. I'm just offering my opinion on how the story could be (or could have been) much better.

P.S Yes, there are some folks around here who hate every comment I make and disagree with everything I say. ::shrug:: That's fine, they can say what they want, but I know you (and lots of other authors around here) are honestly trying to improve your craft. You'll do that much better with honest criticism than you will with people telling you how wonderful you are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
story unfinished

shitbird, even if it is pulp fiction, end the story properly, your readers (me included) enjoy your writing but leaving a tale for 3 years suggests completion, give us a warning at the beginning if we cannot gain conclusion from it, or don't publish it, but don't lead us down the garden path to end unrequited.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ShitBird

You're a shitbird.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 6 years ago
???

This story has several unresolved questions and no ending, let alone an epilogue.

That's quite frustrating. If you've really ended it here the story deserves two stars...

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uover 6 years ago
On and on to nowhere, boring.

Chapter after chapter of repetition and all for nothing. What crap.

Oh and if a story needs a list of terms stated and then explained in a list, then it’s a terribly written and expressed story. Also what good is that list of facts at the story end after seven chapters.

I just have to laugh, not at you though, you tried your best.

I recommend writing a story plan/outline and then fleshing it out into a complete story.

taco1085taco1085about 6 years ago
amazing

When do you think you will have another chapter added, what a great story.... thank you

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
amazing

i had to read this again... what a fantastic story, what do I need to do to get additional chapters added to this story... simply love it, you just cant leave it this way.... lol, please.....

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If he leaves the prince alive he's an idiot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous