All Comments on 'Bad Penny Ch. 15'

by MVPrimetime

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Made Me Cry

Thanks. Life does bring changes. But the memories do linger.

CeliaisAlienaCeliaisAlienaabout 11 years ago
Oh Lord!

Well, you were right-- life is stranger than fiction.

This is such a shocking conclusion; I never really figured the brutal inexplicableness of Life would round off the story like this.

It's staggering. I don't know how to address it really. It's painful and numbing, just from a reader's perspective. I realize, I suppose, there won't be "answers" upon rereading like I would've imagined. It seems so "out of character". It seems to throw everything out of whack. I'll have to think about this a lot. I hadn't imagined Tilly "sneaking up" like this-- I can only assume it's as much a mystery to the author as it is, recreated on the page.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeabout 11 years agoAuthor
Mystery...not really

Penny was always submissive and looking for a Master, or Mistress. She found one, and felt able to leave Sean because he had obviously found love with Lucy. Tillyhad always domineering, and manipulative, and secretive. On hindsight, it was obvious. At the time it was a bolt from the blue. But you k ow what they say about a bad penny - they always turn up. There maybe more about her in the future. And Sean had a life after Penny as well...

Thank you for all your comments and support throughout this series. It has been much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Abrupt

Wow. That was abrupt.

I hope you are alright, and the abrupt ending was out of choice not necessity.

Thank you for giving the series closure and not just abandoning it.

An excellent series. I enjoyed it immensely. I hope you continue writing.

Good Luck.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimealmost 11 years agoAuthor
Choice

Thanks for the compliment - I hope to get back to writing soon, life is in the way - but the ending was chosen, in a way, by the real events on which it was based. I was going to spin out the last months with a few more encounters and episodes, but as the end approached it started to feel wrong - I had said all I needed to and it stopped being erotica, it was turning into porn, if that makes sense. .

This has been cathartic. And revelatory for me.

Thanks for all the support from those who have read all of this - I enjoyed writing it, and the they stories I have been working on, but your kind words have made it all so much more enjoyable than the fun of just the process

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Disturbing .....

..... but in the way good stories should be. I found the characters believable totally and hence I cared for their physical and mental well -being. The unreliable narration added to the sense that motives and emotions could only often be guessed at and so error of judgement by the participants gave the story depth and a wider application. Ultimately, although it was a largely joyous tale (with obvious episodes excepted) it touched upon the debt and burden we all carry from experiences early in our lives, often consciously forgotten, which shape and influence our future lives. I do not want further episodes or explanations, I am thoroughly enjoying my internal interpretation of the story but I feel despite times when Penny seems to reach closure and redemption from past experiences she is badly damaged individual who will find no serenity in her immediate future life. I was shocked by one of the very last lines that speculated on whether she was still alive. I am almost a contempory of the author and the tale and although I know people my age who have died I do not imagine that any friends I have now lost contact with are dead – unless I thought there was good reason to think of them as self destructive. Can I thank you for an excellent piece of writing. The sex scenes, which I enjoyed immensely, would put a lot of mainstream readers off, but you are a gifted writer. Sean (my namesake) was a lucky bugger at the time – I fear he is suffering with loss now.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeover 10 years agoAuthor
Disturbing

I am glad you enjoyed the series - as you may have gathered it is slightly autobiographical, although enhanced and added to in places and the innocent parties have been disguised, so Sean is of course me, and you are quite right, I have regretted a great deal. But writing this was cathartic, and has lead to some positive outcomes, not least of which has been the kind words of praise that I have received.

Thank you, for your comments, and for reading.

MVP (Sean)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Brown eyed girl

I wrote the comment below after my first reading. I came to the series after all chapters were published and so was able to read them over a short period of time. I do not disagree with what I wrote on that occasion but now realise in my headlong rush to finish all fifteen chapters I had missed some of the subtle changes in character that developed towards the end. I feel far more upbeat now about all the protagonists and their futures. The story played well with ideas of fate, immutable character and redemption through love and I feel that although there is much fantasy in the story the characters personalities will be true to how the author remembers and describes them. And they were good people. I said I did not want further chapters but a follow up of what life would be like if Penny did return would be much anticipated (the last chapter of The Innocent by Ian McEwan would make a great start). I am def. keeping my eyes open for a olive skinned, brown eyed woman of a certain age with a North of Ireland brogue (or a flame haired animal lover)! Thanks - you are a very talented writer

toobytoobyalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful and sad

Thanks MVP for the real, fascinating, yet ultimately tragic tale (and reliving of your past.) Poor Penny, but also I feel bad for you. I think you came out of all of it better off than Penny. I am old enough to know that some decisions made early in life will forever change the future. Good luck and take care...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I lived a whole lot of joy and crap in this world, and ...

you‘l find out one day too that such bad pennys are not a spit worth at all.

Wank, piss and walk away. Life is short and time flow in one direction only.

MVPrimetimeMVPrimetimeabout 5 years agoAuthor
such bad pennys are not a spit worth at all.

I am sorry that someone has hurt you so badly that you think that. One day you may get over her. And realize that such Penny's are rare, and valuable, and that if they turn up again you should hang onto them.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Spectacular, yet very disturbing! I found myself always rooting for Sean in his desperate struggle to reclaim and restore Penny back to her semi-originap state. I was VERY moved by this writing and I haven't felt so many violent feelings in one story before. The ending was good, but now I feel list without closure on what happened to Penny! Again Sir. This story was outstanding and so well thought out. I thank you for helping me discover sides of my inner emotional self I Never thought I had! Cheers.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMVPrimetime@MVPrimetime
433 Followers
The story of my life is not as interesting as the versions of that story that I write and submit here. I am not fast at writing, so please bear with me. Now that the Bad Penny story has been completed (witht eh Always turns up sequel) I have to admit that "If I Knew Then.. "...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Bad Penny Ch. 14 Previous Part
Bad Penny Series Info