All Comments on 'The Ballad of Zachery Carson Ch. 07'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 11 years ago
Thanks for the tale!

Well, I read all seven chapters, even though I generally don't care for Westerns.

I enjoyed it thoroughly, my only real gripe being how you spelled Zach's first name(although perhaps "Zachery" is a variant spelling of "Zachary" with which I am not familiar).

There were a handful of grammar/spelling/punctuation problems, but not enough to distract from my overall enjoyment of the tale.

Oh, and the ending is not what I (nor most of your readers, I'd wager) wanted nor expected, but that's not neccesarily a bad thing.

Thanks for sharing all of this with us!

Sidney43Sidney43almost 11 years ago

Well, not what I was hoping for, but probably more realistic. Kathleen would not likely have settled for a frontier redneck given her upbringing and status in England.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I know it's your story but....

...that was not the ending I was looking for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Missing

It seems as though there was 2 or 3 chapters missing. Almost like you ran up on the ending and since it was there you just ended it. I otherwise enjoyed it a lot

hoosier76hoosier76almost 11 years ago
Very good story!

Enjoyed this story very much. However, I had a different ending in mind. I too thought the time span from when the 3 left for St. Louis was rushed. At least we the readers weren't left wondering about the ending. Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Patience

I did enjoy the story and the ending did not bother me. Surprises are to be expected. But I am patiently waiting for the next story !!

CowboyZGCowboyZGover 10 years ago
Good show, eh what!

Nice change of pace, not going for the obvious romance; I wondered about the lack of that tension right from the get-go. Nor did I mind the narrative jumps. Too many erotica writers get caught up in trivia in some of these longer works, often seeming almost unable to break away from a tedious day-to-day description of events. It can add drama to deal with things in a "guess what we did" style. If I wanted real time, all I'd have to do is shut off my computer.

I like your stories and careful, serious writing. Thanks.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
good story

i know it is obvious but i prefer him marrying kathleen. the end should be longer. develope the relationship with pilar abd throw in another adventure or two with her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pilar was better for Zach

I think Kathleen would have been too high-maintenance for Zach. I have to agree with ReiDeBastos that "Zachery" is a misspelling. When Zach met with the Apaches, he said he was named after a hero of his faith. Assuming he was raised in the Judeo-Christian heritage, he would have been referring to Zacharias, father of John the Baptist. Zachary is the Anglicized version of Zacharias.

orefinnorefinnalmost 9 years ago
I enjoy your westerns!

First of all your writing style is excellent. Your characters are well developed and the reader quickly forms a bond with then and knows them. The chapters are just the right length to keep the reader fresh and you don't let us get bogged down with the passage of time or events. Last of all, your dialogue is very well done and completely believable. The reader feels the essence of the character without trying to stumble through heavy and often unbelievable accents.

Thank you for sharing your stories and talent.

Chuck

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 9 years ago
Top Drawer

Very entertaining...thanks for sharing.

rouslarfrouslarfover 8 years ago

Thank you for sharing this story with you readers. Very well written and the character's are believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
zach 07

this is the best story yet (sorry but it also the last one I read). I read the comments that were showing and agree with all, please keep writing. I know that some like to nit pic on every comma and period out of place, I hope you have noticed however that I have refrained from that. I believe I should get one chance just to prove I actually read it. Y'all is plural only and you is the singular version. I like that about the south since you know what they mean. and life goes on.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yep .. I like your "cowboy" stories a lot

and hope you write more of them. Probably the first book I read as a kid was a Zane Gray tale when I was growing up in southern New Mexico. This was a fun read ! Scotty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Keep writting, I love this story....

Keep writting, I love this story and also loved Matt Steele, you have awesome characters who are heroic and yet still human...Keep Writting, Keep Writting....

ukdukeukdukealmost 6 years ago
Excellent!

Really enjoyed this story.

Yes it is a romance but a different kind of tale!

Not only well written but a solid story.

I did think he would wind up with the Lady but it was an excellent twist.

Well done.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
May be

Just may be the best western series on Lit! I've not read the all, but I really enjoyed this one. Five stars don't seem enough. Thank you for it sir.

IntruderjamesIntruderjamesover 5 years ago
Thanks

A great story although I was not happy with the ending it was all too short..

Thanks for sharing..

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LIKE OTHERS COMMENTS, MORE WOULD BE GREAT...

GREAT TALE, LOVED YOUR HONDO LIKE CHARACTER. WAS HOPING LADY ASTOR WOULD FALL FOR ZACK, BUT ALAS... STILL A GOOD TWIST.. NOT ALL STORIES NEED TO BE EROTIC.

AndrewmsailingAndrewmsailingover 4 years ago
Excellent

I liked the fact the Zach and Kathleen didn’t get together. Much more realistic, imo. That said, Literotica and realism? Don’t be silly. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I didn’t think I would like the western story. I was wrong. You are a darn good writer and I am reading all of your stories, especially the westerns. It is also real interesting reading about the southern folks during and after the Civil War. It must have been even worse for the border state people. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Yes

Like most of your stories top rate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thot the story was well done... until the end. I almost felt like the writer had grown tired of the story and decided to end it. You took 7 chapters to tell the story of Katharine and Zachary and a paragraph to tell us 10 years had passed and Zachary had 2 sons, told us about a stampede that felt totally out of place, and a few paragraphs to try and explain his love life.

After we had invested the time to get into the life of Zachary and Katharine, to have it end this way left me totally disappointed.

I gave it 3 stars. Was a 5 star story all the way but the ending left me confused and disappointed.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Liked the first 6 chapters, really disliked the last. Married the wrong girl, a girl we never heard of in previous chapters. Seemed like you completely lost interest in the story and just ripped off a fast conclusion with little regard for the rest of the story. Very disappointed.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Very good story, my friend!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Good

Just a small point at the end, but....if his parents gave the farm to Caleb and his wife, wouldn't the house with the furniture go with it??? So then they sell off the furniture??? What did Caleb and his wife do for furniture then????

PmillPmillover 2 years ago

While I really enjoyed the first 6 chapters I have to say the last chapter was a huge disappointment. All the buildup leading to nowhere. I would have given it a five with a better ending. Still a good read thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story.

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 2 years ago

I too was disappointed with the last chapter. Could have had a better ending.

Also, just a point of clarity for our US cousins, a knight isn’t a part of the aristocracy, their children don’t have titles. She wouldn’t be called “Lady”, only the wife of a knight would. Indeed, knights used to serve members of the aristocracy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

another goodn

JimDiamondJimDiamondover 1 year ago

Most of the comments are correct, good story but a terrible finish, For that reason not as good as your "Winter Born". All of the stories should be in either one with different chapters or two with the escape in one and the ranch in another. Far too choppy otherwise. But, worth reading otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

LIKED STORY...........DIDNT LIKE ENDING ............

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Great western tale! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

A tad disappointed with the ending. Different and unexpected and after all the time Kathleen and he spent together I thought they'd be closer than that and that she'd return from St Louis. Your ending seemed a little rushed and disjointed from the main story but a reasonable way to bring about the change in his life.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

Goód story;but like others, the end Did seem a bit rushed. But heck I couldn't put a story together no matter how hard I tried. Soooo. That said; write on keemoesaviee... Or however yeah spell it! 😉😁🤪🌹✌️👌

linnearlinnear11 months ago

Loved the story as most do but as mentioned not so much the ending. I definitely did not see that coming, the way Zach and Kathleen interacted I just figured that they would end up together. I can't wait to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
Poor ending

The ending ruined the whole story for me. It was rushed and out of the blue. MC and Kathleen were meant for each other and the whole story was built around that relationship. Very disappointing. You are better than that.

wonder203wonder2039 months ago

I hope you never get tired of writing western stories!

robdh51robdh517 months ago

As others have said, another good western... BUT hated the ending! Agree that Zach and Kathleen were meant to be together. Rushed ending came out of the blue and not up to your usual standards. Still gave it a 4

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story. That said, Kathleen going with Nidgel in the end doesn't quite fit. Still, she and Zach had several years together and apparently that spark never grew. Just seems odd.

HeypossumHeypossumabout 1 month ago

I love a good western and this was a good western a high 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
2297 Followers
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES