All Comments on 'The Outing'

by mikoli5763

Sort by:
  • 50 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Whew

That was a tough one buddy. You know it cries out for a sequel. It would be something if she turned up.

Hmmm...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

I hope there is more to this story. Very intriguing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow!!! Didn't see that coming!

What a sad and exciting story. I want more but SHOULD there be more? Sometimes life doesn't have the happy ending.

Wold have been better if hubby had been arrested for her murder/disappearance. Not because I'm sadistic; but only because it would have lent more credence to his bitterness and isolation.

mikoli5763mikoli5763over 10 years agoAuthor
That was my problem too.

I had trouble figuring out which category to post this one in too. Any suggestions as to the appropriate category would be appreciated.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago

@ mikoli5763

I think Non-Erotic or Non-concent would have suited this story better than LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"The End(?)"??????????

Why would you end it this way if you had no intention of continuing? Does she return? Did she leave willingly? With the problem with her knee, why wasn't there more evidence of her departure (foot prints with a walking stick, or a dragged body)? Was the point of this story merely to relate a tragedy that happened, or a mystery to be solved? Is the reason you ended with a ? because you don't know how to solve the mystery? As far as category, I think Loving Wives is appropriate enough, but dammit if this story just doesn't feel complete in any way. If there IS more to the story, and you pick a different category (like non-consent/reluctance), then resubmit this with a link for the benefit of your LW readers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great start.....

Or finish?! Liked pace and descriptive writing style. Shorten and learn how to compose a paragraph. Thanks for writing. Lots of possibilities for her return after he finds another.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Non consent or possibly erotic couplings IMHO, the story does not fit in the LW genre, she did not cheat that we are aware of and while she appeared to be a TLW,the possible kidnapping, possible murder, and length of time passage puts this in that category.

Interesting story, while closure would be nice, sadly you have the propensity to change characters, and totally screw the ending. As loving as they were,for her to have simply gone off with a lover would be preposterous. So if you do a sequel think about your characters, and dont change them for an ending.

Decent read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ahhh

Of all the problems with this story the biggest one is that he was wearing cutoff jean shorts ...good god no man should ever wear those.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
5* read as ever

This one is even more interesting than your usual stories, and god knows they are interesting enough!

Part 2? Wow! That could go in so many different ways!

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
It's got reconciliation written all over it...

After chuckling (and skimming, sorry) through the initial gratuitous sex scene, ahem, but I did like the thought of him carrying everything back up the trail when her knee popped..her included. But the clinical para on your bowel movements was comedy gold, the definition of 'occur' is of course 'especially of accidents and other unexpected events) to happen' and the writing is excellent and I'm getting into this feel good story waiting for the point it'll all go wrong - the rangers themselves all banging your wife etc...

So it was a quite shocking conclusion and not a little freaky. Excellent story. 5*

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
"Loving wives" means cheating wives.

Doesn't make sense to me either.

Interesting, but sad.

Good luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
no no no

this cant be the end she has to come back. She didn't cheat of him or break his heart. He needs to rescue her and make up for lost time please do not end the story like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"Loving" means love.

Jesus christ people, pull your heads out of that mysogynistic hate-filled hole some of you have it buried in. Usually that loving means loving someone other than one's lawfully wedded spouse, and we all know how those work out. They're fun, but they're also over done, and most of them are pure fantasy drivel.

This is a welcome change of pace. Kind of short, and not much on plot, but I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dreary 'story'

Why did you bother with this pointless drivel?

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
THIS COULD RELATE TO THE LINCOLN ASSISNATION

or the Lindbergh case. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
We are all left up in the air.

Is this a murder mystery.? A kidnapping for a sex partner or something else. So why did you leave this story unsolved. The disappearance of a loving wife.,

njlaurennjlaurenover 10 years ago
This is a fragment

Not a story....and leaving it as ???? at the end is kind of lame, it is I leave it up to you,I am so artsy".....if this is all intended it is pointless since it simply ends

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Big

Big Foot took her.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Not LW

Jeez, what a downer! But it is NOT about an adventurous wife. And any erotic value in the marital sex scenes is WAY over-cancelled by the ending! What was Mikol thinking by posting this?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The Dead Wives forum

is that way. >>>>>

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Fine Dark Fiction

Perfect story to tell around campfires. Obviously it will not satisfy those who want everything explained, or those who want happy endings... My Thanks to Mikoli.

JackorChuckJackorChuckover 10 years ago
Not Knowing

There can be nothing worse than not knowing what happened. Enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Powerful

You pull on the heartstrings with that one.

I believe it is a good stretch of the writing talent.

4*s only because of brevity. Imagine if you had taken us deeper into their lives it would be a real tearjerker.

AMERRYMAN

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good start, but not finished

Sorry, but this piece just doesn't do much other than relate a news story as might be written by a journalist (minus the explicit sex, of course). You have a decent beginning to a story, but this just doesn't cut it as is. I gave it three stars because it's not bad, and I think you should keep writing - at least long enough to finish this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Life Happens

and that is the story you are telling us, but there are many possibilities from this short "moment". Please, tell usome ore of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Once Again cantbuymy Proves

He has as much heart as he has brains.

user110user110over 10 years ago
a sequel would be nice.

one with a happy ending.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Nice work -

This is a good and plausible story - we have all heard about related mysteries =

Well done -

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
CARELESS CAMPERS LOSE MORE THAN INTENDED

and there is no home owners policy. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
What's Your Point

This story makes absolutely no sense. Why is it even in the LW category?

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I try to not be too critical, but...

Why did you think, author, that we would be interested in this story? I read for entertainment and am not looking for stories that depress me. I like most of your stories, so far but I did not care for this pointless story. His wife was kidnapped, her body was never recovered, she never turned up alive. He can never find another as good as she was. What's your point?

jasjonjasjonover 9 years ago
Utter piece of Crap

YOU NEED TO GIVE UP WRITING.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 9 years ago
This story is crying out for a sequel

It needs closure otherwise it is only half a story.

calflashcalflashalmost 9 years ago
story

there wasn't really a complete story here just a sad saga

user110user110over 8 years ago
so are yu ever going to do anything with this?

just curious

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still no conclusion. Incomplete at best. I give up.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THIS IS NOT THE END

it is To Be Continued:; TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LW

Could do with a better ending like trapping the people doing the crime. Or finding his wife dead or alive.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
THERE IS ALWAYS MONSTERS IN THE WOODS

however if any story ever rates a Chapter 2 or a long epilog, this one is it TK U MLJ LV NV

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
Finish it!

Just finish it!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Too real bad things happen but I want happy

Good writing but don't want reminded of bad news TV etc has more than enough

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

That was a real downer.

rastageorgerastageorgeover 2 years ago

TOO much imaginary BS! Why didn't he just pick her up and carry her back???

MightyheartMightyheartabout 2 years ago

Good but write a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks for giving us lots of details on Jan's bowel movements and what was done with the turds and how you wiped. Literary genius.

orion2bear2orion2bear24 months ago

There is enough bad news in real life I read for drama but you want a good ending not this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I think so done needs to give u a kick between ur legs!

bootylvrbootylvr3 days ago

Stupid. Why leave her behind? She was not critically injured so time was not a factor. Also, another reason to always carry a weapon when hiking

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous