All Comments on 'How High A Price - Anon'

by FinishTheDamnStory

Sort by:
  • 233 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

WRITE YOUR OWN FUCKING STORIES! YOUR ENDINGS OR VERSIONS ARE NOT BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL! YOU ARE SO FULL OF YOURSELF!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I liked it. a lot ;)

Liked this one. Everybody else had a shot at this one...loved the cop angle!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
LOL @ first ignorant Anonymous

Too stupid too read? This is an open invitation story the original author asked others to finish. This version wasn't even written by FTGDS, but by another anonymous author.

I liked it a lot. Not sure about making Early a drunk, but a fitting finish. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This makes more sense

Truly, I got tired of reading versions where Susan was charmed by a professional seducer, gave Early the divorce and put her eggs on ice for the day when she could give Early children, etc. They never made sense with the twisted logic of the cheating cunt in the original.

And this one ends, appropriately (before the epilogue, which isn't necessary) with her saying the same thing as she did in the original: it was just something she had to do. Typical cheaters' logic. "He had a bigger dick, so of course I had to fuck him!" He flattered me, and you hadn't done that in a long time, so of course I had to fuck him!" And in Susan's case: "He mentored me so well, that I had to fuck him to thank him!"

So I thank the anonymous author for passing his version along, as I never enjoyed the ones which rehabilitated the cheater, some practically making her into a newly-minted saint, without laying proper groundwork. She was never being blackmailed, she had never been drugged, she was not an undiagnosed bipolar, her husband didn't abuse her, no, she had simply worked hard and rewarded herself with another man's cock, and didn't understand why her husband should be so upset!

5 stars*****

MrVdogMrVdogover 10 years ago
Not perfectly written, but

I think it's the most entertaining ending yet! Certainly a different reaction from Early, and the idea of involving Jenson and Melrose is both novel and nicely done.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Good story

But no way a wealthy 60 year old respected attorney is doing jail time for that. And O'Hara may hate cheaters but the high divorce rate amongst cops is because they can't keep it in their pants not because their spouses are cheating.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
SOMETIMES WHEN YOU BEAT A DEAD HORSE

you still have a dead horse,for the rendering plant, TK U MLJ LV NV

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Believable!

I liked the plot because it was believable! Cheating is not an aberration as much as it is an expression of a person's character. That being said, how can you really blame them for cheating when they were really always a cheater all along? In truth, their crime is deception. They are liars. That characteristic too, pervades their personalities. So, long before you get to the point of divorcing a cheating wife, get rid of that girlfriend who seems to lie with ease and deceive those around her. You will see this early in a relationship, if you can see beyond the sex you are getting from her.

SpykkeSpykkeover 10 years ago
There was no need for a part two.

The original story was complete.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
How stupid

Susan got what she deserved. She was a complete amoral fucking idiot!

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
doesn't matter

DOESN'T MATTER. Why do they, man or woman, always say that. It DOES matter to the one that believed that their spouse was honorable. that they could be trusted. FTDS hope this writer contacts you again. his scene's are quite descriptive and make you feel Early's pain. Thanks for submitting it hope yours follows fairly soon

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

... Perhaps the best, most believable and satisfying story I’ve ever read anywhere. Kudos! Panther Fan.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Loved it

A fine alt ending. Very well written and highly feasible. It is not a perfect fit to the original, as Early come across irrational and reckless in his behavior. In the original he is quite logical and sober minded. A well plotted out revenge, or an over analyzed path toward resolution would have been better suited. Five stars. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Over the top

Which, I suppose, is your whole purpose in these re-imaginings, so not a criticism.

But gawdamighty, do you LOVE to have people whine! It's apparently your favorite verb.

Fair ending to an already complete story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The original story already has a number of sequels by other authors, including a master of genre (I think the title was 'Too High a Price'), so after all these years, I don't think the original cried out for yet another continuation. Plenty of other unfinished damn stories out there to tackle!

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
not bad

but not a patch on "Too High a Price". The Early character just feels wrong and too different from the original story and for some reason Susan's never grasping how she screwed up their marriage along with her ending felt off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
POS

The original was the best, your versions is poor at best. Sometimes it's better to leave things as they are.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
This was just....

I LOL'd :D

5 Stars! A feel good tale of kicking ass while pissing on and Burning The Bitch and Bastard! :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice try.....

I can definitely tell where the original author left off and you started. It wasn't started as a BTB story but you did a 180 on it and it quickly became one. The Susan of the first part wasn't the Susan of the second part. Two complete character changes. The same applied to Early.

looking4itlooking4itover 10 years ago
Wasn't yours

I know you were posting most of ths on behalf of another person (come on Anonymous, you can't make a profile to evn post a story...that is sad) but this was a let down. This is one of my favorite stories here as much from the way others have tried to finish it as the story itself. This one, to me at least, did not remain true to he characters of the original. Making Early an alcoholic and Susan an unrepentant whore didn't feel right. I'm glad JFS got his beating and ultimate jail and job firing but that was FTDS trying to salvage something from this. I guess there was no one to care for in this version and maybe that's why it seemed to fail more than others.

avidfaavidfaover 10 years ago
I love your mission

and I very much appreciate your efforts. I also really like that you include the url to the original rather than just the name, as others do.

So much of the site seems like a dusty old attic where musty fragments of memories lie forgotten, piled carelessly atop one another. Every time you take one of these abandoned stories and finish it (even in this case where there are a half dozen contributed finishes), it's like you are bringing an old photo down from the attic, cleaning it up, and placing it back on the mantle where it belongs with the subjects' stories fresh in our mind and brought to a satisfying conclusion.

I don't even care if I don't agree with all of your efforts, it's like you invented a new literary form for Literotica, like you found a new vein where we can continue to mine and find new riches.

Thanks a lot.

elHosedelHosedover 10 years ago
LMAO...

...good ending whoever co-wrote it with you. I loved the pee scene. I can't imagine anything more humiliating.

romaq7705romaq7705over 10 years ago
good one

another nice take on a lit classic! tnx for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A worthy finisher! 5*

Wasn't compatible with the original, but the other offerings weren't exactly faithful to Troubador's tale neither. This was satisfying because it concentrated on Susan's idiotically irrational compulsion to fulfil a "gift."

FTDS, along with anon, did well.

jasonnhjasonnhover 10 years ago
Not finished, completely different

The nature of the characters was completely rewritten. Early was recast as a heavy drinking lummox. Stickner was recast as a highly successful senior lawyer. With completely different characters you are not finishing the story, you are writing a different story only slightly related to the original.

It was an OK effort if you are really into vengeance. All the stars aligned to damn Stickner and Susan, who now is an amazingly stupid person, to hell. I'm a bit surprised they weren't killed by a lightening strike as well. Beyond that, I felt little empathy with Early although I did in the original story. In this story it was all about the circumstances of vengeance. In the original, the characters were richer, even if the outcome was less satisfactory.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
He said it!

Avidfa pretty much covered it all. Very good work. Have you seen the story "Why part 1" here in Literotica? Looks like a good place for your worrk. Thank you for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank gawd for a splended finish!

So darn tired of the wimp husband tales posted in Literottical (not mispelled, rot is appropriate).

Good one.

phill1cphill1cover 10 years ago
Liked it, but maybe just write a new story

I thought the Early character could easily have morphed into what he became in this story. And I liked the melee brought about by John Fucking Stickner.

What I didn't like was that Susan never moved one inch from where she started "It didn't matter; it didn't take away from our marriage..." Well, of course it did. And if she wasn't willing to see that, no amount of "please take me back" pleadings was going to make it any different.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 10 years ago
Cool! Another 5* finish to a good conclusion

You have found a good niche.

And what you are doing, finding a suitable end to someone else's story, is a hard job and proves what a good, skilled writer you are.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nicely written...

...but usually your stories are of higher quality (in my opinion). Letting Susan become a brainless bitch, too stupid to understand anything, turning Early into someone without confidence and letting that bastard Stickner look like a saint at the beginning was hard to take.

Nevertheless - it was different and as usual welcomed.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
god almighty this was crap

In the original NOTHING shows that Early was stupid drunk.

I realize that this version / ending to TOO HIGH A PRICE is not FTDS but I am stunned that this guy .. FTDS... thinks that such massive change in the original PREMISE...is not a big deal.

I mean is next? A new sequel where we find out EARLY is a cross dresser?

a KLINGON? An alien from outer space ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks for a great story

I love your finished stories,( as a matter of fact I would like you to finish a few stories running at the moment that their authors are still writing, but seem content to 'piss off' the readers and collect scores of 1 and 2 :-)

katibkatibover 10 years ago
Not Worthy

I agree with the assessments made by Harry and Stykke. There is too much alteration of Early's and Susan's characters to be believable. AND, a well-educated lawyer such as Susan would never say this: "Please, Early," she whined. "I didn't do nothing!"

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Continued tryst?

In this continuation, it seems that Sweetie continued having trysts with her Bull after being discovered. But then again, it did NOT. The Melrose contract meeting was TOO close for repeated 'gifts' to have been bestowed. If this version changed the last several paragraphs of Troubadour's story, that MIGHT account for it, but that was not mentioned (or I missed it!)

The switch from tea to beer was unnecessary and irritating. The break-in was a hoot! Suspect that was pure FTDS!

x_witless_xx_witless_xover 10 years ago
Interesting preamble - is it relevant? If it's true I'm looking for where you seamed in.

"Damn him, she thought, why is he making this so difficult? Why can't he just set his foolish male ego aside and realize it was a onetime thing. Why couldn't he believe she loved him and that her love affair with John Stickner took nothing away from her feelings for him and their marriage. "

That's for real? And then:

"On the last day, as a special treat, Susan had let John take her anally while they stood naked on the balcony."

wtf. where is this going. I think you mighta blown it lady..Early ain't gonna like this..

after the ridiculous sex scene where the point was fucking labored that Early's cucking is no big deal (give her a break, you don't get fucked like that too often isn't it? Randy old goat that Stickner), there's some good dialog and tying in to the opening scene where we can gather that Early is indeed not feeling too great. He's a card though;

"Nope!" the finger came up again, to make his point, "Jus' sent me home inna cab." He tried to grin but it looked more like a grimace."

"You don't deserve to die, you deserve to live with yourself!"

And then suddenly I can see where FTDS comes in. Seatbelts on here we go. Early, Early comes alive. He pisses on 'em all and lives happy ever after. Good ol' Lord Conroy of Earl. Fucking bizarre all round. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
FIVE

I don`t give too many FIVE`S--- this IS ONE OF THEM.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
I have to admit that this version held my interest

But it is necessary to recognize that neither Susan or Early in the second half sound like the people we met in the Troubadour's classic story. You did give a feeling of empathy for his suffering but then turned him into a drunk and Susan could not be that Lawyer threatening to become a junior partner...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Why bother?

Clumsy and amateurish, added nothing to the the original story.

carvohicarvohiover 10 years ago
Early and Susan again, again,and again...

When we look at the LW Hall of Fame this story is never there. Why? Troubador wrote something that people are just attracted to. I know I am. Look at all the various versions and follow ups that have occurred. Nici wrote one that is comparable in the follow ups and so forth, but no story has struck a chord quite like Susan and Early. Everybody wants to write a version, an ending, or a sequel. I gave this a five because anything about Early and Susan is enjoyable. Maybe Stang Star will write a follow up? Wouldn't that be a trip?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
A Good Read

I too was skeptical about yet another Susan and Early finish, but this one is logical and reads well. I liked the urination scene. Harry does have a point about the change in Early's propensity to get drunk - maybe he could write a sequel with Early as a Klingon (that comment cracked me up). All that said, five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Oh Yeahhhhh

I gave it a 5. I don't do it often. The story just seemed to hit the buttons right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Poorly done.

You did a bad job here. One ,no lawyer is getting jail time for a minor offense and no priors. The courts do not work that way. Then you carried this story to a ridiculous ending . Making Susan a destructive person who never learned her lesson. And destroying Strickland . Only in your fantasy writing.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Still A Good Possible Ending

May have missed a few. So far I've seen 15 possible endings to the original story. This one is just as good as the others. Never did like the character of John Strickner. At least in this one he winds up busted, in jail and a trashed reputation. Over the top for him, yeah. Could it happen? Nah. It's a story right?

I do like what FTDS does along with some other authors who try to give closure to unfinished stories. Or ones that invite sequels. Thanks for that.

Carvohi: Maybe ID or cantbuymy can write a really good BTB sequel. Now that would be entertaining!! Probably an old fashioned public square hanging........LOL. Just kidding. Agreed Stang Star could do well also.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks to both of you. Very entertaining story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

One of the best endings to this tale. Fucking cunt couldn't understand why cheating was wrong. A happy ending for Early. Great tale.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago
Ah

A reasoned, logical negotiator pisses on his wayward and her lover, cursing all the while.

There was no conflict here which was in the original. In that one, Early both wanted to kick his wife to the curb and find a way around this horrible mess. She was able to empathize with her husband to a certain degree.

Here? She whines and whines and whines. "He just doesn't understand..!!" He gets drunk and pisses on people while a series of contrivances allows our 'hero' to beat on, piss on, and get fired both his wife and her lover without any recriminations whatsoever.

'Tone'. It's important in a story. Even more important in a follow up. I have not always been able to hold to that in my sequels. But it's something to strive for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent

A lot of fun. Gave it 5*s.

Susan Charecter most consistent with original story. I find it difficult to believe that attitude of cheaters. "It didn't mean anything ,it was just sex."

Very creative addition to the series.

lol a lot with your stories.

On to the next

AMerryMan

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
Perfect Ending! Had to give you a 5*

Obviously Susan's behavior drove Early to drink and lose his self confidence. Having your "soul mate" cheat on you can have a major effect on anyone's behavior, and has even been known to drive men (and women) to drink.

Not only was this ending conclusive (unlike the original), but good pissed on evil and left Early with his balls intact, which is a vast improvement over many of the other endings submitted.

This is by far the best ending to date, keep up the good work.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
5*****

I wrote only wife tomb pissing.................A serial cheater woman with limp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent!

The author of the original story wrote that there were many follow on plots that would show that Susan had not cheated on Early and he challenged other writers to "finish" the story. Only one of the finshing stories had Susan innocent but the critical flaw in that story and any other where Susan is innocent is why she would not confess what was going on and thereby spare Early the anguish and heart break since he clearly thought tha she had cheated on him. A good ending to the story but the violence seems out of place with the characters in the original story. However, a week of brooding with no clear way out for Early could drive anyone to violence. It will be interesting to see your version of the ending. Thanks for passing on and editing this story.

FinishTheDamnStoryFinishTheDamnStoryover 10 years agoAuthor
Did Susan Cheat?

I have read that the Troubador issued a secondary challenge to author's where Susan didn't cheat. How that's possible, with the insurmountable evidence otherwise is beyond me.

I believe the two lines key to establishing her adultery, were said shortly after she showed up at home:

Early: "That makes no sense, Susan. How can your cheating on me, cuckolding me, not have a thing to do with us?"

Susan: "It was something I felt I had to do, Early. I was trying to repay John for what he had done for me. It had nothing to do with the way I feel toward you, with my love for you!"

Her reply to the accusation of cheating and cuckolding wasn't that she didn't do it. No, it was that it was something she felt she 'had to do', to repay John. Case closed.

firas01firas01over 10 years ago
Excellent

Why couldn't he understand.....I loved this line. Five stars, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
zed0 the ped0!

He had to go door to door when he moved to Hollywood telling everyone he was a pederast!

claud137claud137over 10 years ago
Bravo

5. You did it once again. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Catastrophic Consequences

I'd like to see you finish the above story by Presidio.....Thanks....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
About Time!!

Thank you for the conclusion... I like your thinking.

Keep it up please.

msethjmsethjover 10 years ago
Best ending yet!

Easily the best ending his story has had yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
one word

AWESOME

Sassy_th4ngSassy_th4ngover 10 years ago
Loved it!

Was cheering Early on at the end. Loved the conclusion.

Thanks, hugs and kisses once again!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
A very, very different approach to the ending -

This Early lost it totally and fought to get it back - got his pound of flesh too

This Susan never got it and never found it so she never came back -

Thus Stickner - just another asshat full of himself now and empty shell - cool

All the bases covered - nice finish to the other guys finish LOL

xtchrxtchrover 10 years ago
Best Ending!

I agree with msethj's comment about this being the best ending to the story.

I do like your endings. You can take a story with a terrible ending and make it a favorite story. Keep up the good work.

ValerionValerionabout 10 years ago
Yep..re-read and..

This is clearly the best of the endings for this story.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
an interesting concept

and a unique position for FTDS.

In this case he finished someone else's finish to the damn story and did it quite well.

sbart921sbart921about 10 years ago
The Best Finish for this Story

This was a great story and the original author requested that other authors add their own ending. To my thinking, this is the best of all of the endings I have read - thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
This was awesome

Loved this end.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 10 years ago
Wow, .....

After reading the original story and how open and unresolved the story ending was left. There was room for expansion of the story to down many avenues.

What took me by surprise was Earl just went nuclear on John fucking Stickner, and his wife !

The plot and use of circumstances and situations to play out further in the story was cleverly delivered.

An enjoyable read

searching0240searching0240about 10 years ago
Susan Never "Got It"

And though unfortunate, it seems typical and realistic. I am speaking, not just of cheating partners, but people in general.

Most people do the best that they can, with what they have. They arrive at their decisions, and course of actions, from their long experience. Subsequently, they rarely learn from their mistakes. They may regret the consequences of their behavior. But they usually believe they made the correct decision based on the circumstances. They usually can't determine what they did wrong. They usually use the same thinking that got them in trouble, to analyze the results.

After giving it some thought, I understand and agree with the phrase, "once a cheater, always a cheater". If they don't cheat again, it just means that the circumstances didn't present themselves. It doesn't mean that they learned anything from the first time. When someone betrays you, "why" and the likelihood of the circumstances re-occurring are important. You are better off cutting your losses and "moving on". Forgiveness is foolish!

Robert

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
You Know

Having read this before I wish we knew who the anonymous writer who sent this to FTDS was. He has a great eye for revenge against cheaters and I hope he would write more tales.

Excellent

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
Epic!

An epic ending. Once a cheating slut, or bastard, 99.99% of the time they will remain a cheating slut, or bastard of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
as real as it gets.

ouch .. full on , no retreat , no surrender.

without doubt the most powerful completion to the story i have seen.

most likely due to the fact that we can all connect to the behaviour displayed in this tale in some way or other ,

xxxhugsxxx

p.s

and the remarkable quality of the writing.

user110user110over 9 years ago
lawyers do GREAT in the joint

i dont know where u got they have it hard from.

Richie4110Richie4110over 9 years ago
Fantastic sequel!!

This is a 10* ending to a solid 5* story. Your treatment is far superior to the other efforts. I look forward to reading other slants on otherwise good stories.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 9 years ago
Smug Smile....

I don't normally get a great deal of satisfaction from 'burn the bitch' stories... but her constant denial and thick-headed refusal to see what she had done and why it had affected her husband so much meant, to me, that she deserved it. It also follows that her later experiences with marriage and their failure demonstrates that she really didn't know what true love is..... So, 'fair play'. Good ending, FinishTheDamnStory, loved it...... Now, to sample 'your' ending. Regards, Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Once again you've cracked it

Its a shame the original author did'nt give you any contact information so I don't know where he ended and you began. But this was another cracking story and many thanks for posting it.

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Thrilling BTB

The stupidity and narcissistic ramblings of an obnoxious whore wife Susan catapulted this author's rollercoaster revenge. Great writing! Of course 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
By far and away the best of add-ons to this tale.

Nice Early wasn't a spineless wimp like others painted him.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 9 years ago
The only real winjer was the cop LOL

This was an interesting way to finish this up -

Susan was stupid - never a doubt - but even still she almost certainly did love her husband - she just lost all sight of what she was doing - whatever motive you assign to John Fucking Stickner LOL.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
lawyers in jail

The only lawyers that have trouble in jail are prosecutors.

Oh and maybe divorce lawyers since many men are in jail due to divorce related issues.

A business contract attorney?

No more trouble than any other white collar guy.

Unless he took a bad attitude with other inmates, but even then it would be his attitude not being a lawyer that would be the problem.

Larger cities have large enough jails that they separate the harder criminals from those there for lesser crimes.

The only hard thing for someone like John fucking Stickner would be getting asked for free legal advice outside of his specialty.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Loved it!

I loved this ending because Early got to have kids with a decent wife! For me, it comes down to the basics: the mission is about learning how to survive, finding a mate, and raising children. All the rest of it is frosting at best. Susan was one of those foolish women that were sold a lie back in college about being a "career woman". With a childless marriage, Early did not have much too lose other than a cheating whore. I am glad he corrected his course and completed the mission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
FIVE

What a ending---GREAT---

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No matter how its written same susan

Susan was honest it was about her career and the pursuit for the top or in this case "Partnership". I wonder, what if, Early, finding this truth and discovery, kept quiet all weekend, at the same time recalling the continued help with an assistant that would easily fit the cover of SI and other magazines, is always all over him like a cheap suit all because he too mentors an assistant just like Strickner. I wonder, if Early was able to strike up a sexual rendezvous with his assistant quietly capturing it on video and emailing it to Susan as an anonymous tipster to a crime. Keep in mind he already would have video taped or recorded Susan's and Strickner's hot tub scene and the balcony and maybe Early was able to make it into the back yard unnoticed and managed a video of the breakfast table. Now with this in his hand, and of course the so called secret video, I wonder what Susan's reaction would be once she got home. I am betting total shock, disgust and the best Oscar performance of a woman hurt, scorned and cheated on. At least until Early shoves the video of Her and Strickner in her face and the actual phone he used with his assistant. Cheaters never win, not even in real life, and for those individuals that think stepping on people to get to the top is a means to an ends really should read this story.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 8 years ago
Didn't like this ending much

Neither the Susan nor the Early portrayed here were true to Troubador's original characters.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
@lance "true to troubador's original characters"

why should they be? if they were, why write an alternate ending. I found the story to be a bit over the top but satisfying. Were you disappointed that Susan didn't just roll over Early yet again? Had they been true to troubador's characters we would all be better off without new endings or endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent story!

I couldn't have done better.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 8 years ago
Nice

Great to have a happy ending for the righteous and a horrible ending for the losers. All cheaters are losers. One of my favs.

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
I thought I had read all of the sequels.

Glad this popped up on my Random Stories List. One of the best sequels. Susan's downfall seemed a bit overdone.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 8 years ago
I Love A Good Ending

I couldn't believe how stupid some cheating, adulterous women can be. "I did it for us." And "You just don't understand" are the two weakest excuses a cheating wife can offer up. Good for Early. His wife got what she deserved. Five stars.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

“Why can't he just set his foolish male ego aside” – Argh! AGAIN with the “foolish male ego/pride” garbage! Like SHE wouldn’t have ANY problem with him having sex with another woman, even now!

And she had anal sex with Stickner, something she never did with her husband?!

I don’t know why he didn’t barge into their little tryst as soon as he saw her car at Stickner’s house!

It probably won’t help at this point, but she should probably quit her job to completely separate herself from Stickner.

"You have the finished contracts.” – If the contracts were finished, why did she bring them home? If they weren’t, she certainly couldn’t have finished them last night!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved the original story, good effort on the follow up, but..:.

You had me going for a while, and then ended it in the typical BTB way, with her life going to hell, and his being wonderful. Too quick and too cliched! Had to drop the score.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
Check It Out

If you read the new sequel and haven't read this, read it to see how much of a mouse Early was. I promise you won't be disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Error in law!

Susan was a subordinate of John's. John would be fired for taking advantage of Susan. Susan would not be fired!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Meh. Perhaps your version will be better.

sinsational83sinsational83almost 8 years ago
NICE !!!

With the fact that this was a combination of authors to get the story done, you both did a hell-of-a job. This story was well written, had damn good ideas, and was well worth reading. Damn good job for the both of you. 5 stars to ya.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago
Your version?

You mentioned that you had your own version aside from the Anon's, but I can't seem to find it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Original

lance_spearman

Thank goodness.

The Wanderers characters are always a product of everybody get's a prize and there are no winners and losers .

No matter how ludicrous.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!

Ya gotta love seeing asshole get what they need. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Its spelled...

K-A-R-M-A bitch...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Hubby Didn't Choke'er After Joker Hadda Poke'er

It's the madcap antics of the trailer park lawyers!!

The problem with this version is that the gravitas and pathos of the original is out the window and we all end up on the trashy side of town. Why? Is that somehow better than a more subtle exploration of the wife's motivations for throwing her marriage on the composting pile?

The wife goes on in life to become a carboard cutout slut, but that does not fit her original profile. She's a fool and selfish and delusional. But she is highly intelligent and had been quite disciplined and accomplished. A more punishing outcome for her would have been a period of limbo and a long tepid marriage to a very protective doofus husband who slaps her once in a while. Whatever. The author takes an easy way out with the cheap floozy option.

The constant mantra: "John Fucking Stickner" didn't help either. Everyone is a low-life loudmouth drinker in this story. A bunch of trashy drunks.

Where's the interest in this story? The original had great feeling. This one had cheap antics and urine and vomit and whiskey breath. Quite disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Trailer park lawyers

I couldn't explain why I liked this sketchy story better than the original until reading the comment about madcap antics of trailer park lawyers. The dark, heavy, wrenching dialog and thin, thin plot always left me cold. Early was a brooding bitchy little girl and the star-crossed lovers were noble buffoons. The madcap antics of the lawyers, on the other hand just tickled my funny bone. Everyone gets a big slice of just desserts. John 'fucking' Stickner, absent the gravitas of the original, engages in a slapstick B&E, gets his butt whipped, gets a golden shower and goes to jail. Priceless! The only thing missing was a good Tasering and the theme song from Benny Hill. Best ending yet for this dry, dull story. 5 stars. Thanks, FTDS, you are missed. JPR

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Late Thought

How could somebody intelligent enough to become an attorney not learn after TWO marriages failed due to her need to SHARE her "special gift" to not cheat?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous